Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's Friday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Honestly don't know any of them for sure this week, but I'll have a guess anyway

1. Drop ball by the touchline?

2. Stop play. The assistant's wellbeing is the most important thing. Restart with drop ball.

3. Should be fine.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I agree with all 3 of those.

So you're clearly wrong.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I want to know two things; who squashed Adebayor's head in a vice, and did Pissflaps send in question 3? Cos it looks more than a little like "what if a Sikh player caught it in his turban".

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

1. I would do a drop ball.

2. Wait for the striker to blaze it over the crossbar, then stop play.

3. No way that goal stands.

PhillyLucky
Jun 17, 2005
1. Drop ball
2. After play ends you stop play
3. Goal cant stand because he trapped the ball on a part of his body. Same as kicking the ball up and catching it on your shirt I would assume.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

1) Drop ball

2) A bit lovely but stop play and drop ball, can't continue when your assistant might have been shot or something.

3) There was that guy in a Brasil who could do that without the afro, just chip it up, balance it and run. I think they made that illegal. But this one? I'd say gently caress it, count the goal, its not like he is taking advantage, if he didn't have the afro I imagine he'd just have headed it in anyway.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I think that goal in 3 should count, hair is part of your body (that isn't your hands/arms), it's not the same as a shirt. If he was bald or had short hair, had it balanced on his head, and ran over the line, would it count? If it would, then I think that should too. Can't make a disctinction between "hair" and "too much hair".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
David James' afro saved a goal once that was definitely going in

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

3) There was that guy in a Brasil who could do that without the afro, just chip it up, balance it and run. I think they made that illegal. But this one? I'd say gently caress it, count the goal, its not like he is taking advantage, if he didn't have the afro I imagine he'd just have headed it in anyway.

There was Keirrison, who actually ended up signing for Barcelona and subsequently loaned out to 4 different eams, who could do the "seal dribble" where he would just run with the ball by bouncing it on his head repeatedly. He was pretty poo poo otherwise.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

GravityDaemon posted:

There was Keirrison, who actually ended up signing for Barcelona and subsequently loaned out to 4 different eams, who could do the "seal dribble" where he would just run with the ball by bouncing it on his head repeatedly. He was pretty poo poo otherwise.

I thought that was Kerlon who signed for Inter?

In any case, I can't imagine you can let the goal in 3 stand. If that was the case you'd see players using huge amounts of hair gel to turn their head into a big cup, then just scoop the ball up and run into the goal with it all day.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

vyelkin posted:

Oh, you're absolutely right. Got my K Brazilians mixed up.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

SteadfastMeat posted:

It's Friday!

1) I've seen this happen in a match at least once, and the 100% correct decision is to just guess either way arbitarily. Any official who says otherwise is a loving liar.

2) Stop game for him to get treatment/replaced by fourth official as the game needs a full complement of officials. Drop ball.

3) Cool goal kid way to go.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Yeah, it's Kerlon and now that I think about it, wasn't there a rule change to stop him doing it?

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I remember he got elbowed for doing it, but I don't remember there being a rule change. Nani did it recently as well and there were no complaints from the referee.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Scikar posted:

I remember he got elbowed for doing it, but I don't remember there being a rule change.

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

SteadfastMeat posted:

It's Friday!

1)Drop ball
2)Stop play and restart after the assistant is teated.
3)Let the goal stand.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYlqql38XkY

They all just kick the poo poo out of him

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Jose posted:

Wouldn't you?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Jose posted:

Oof

Couple of them would get you locked up on a friday night down the high street.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Psybro posted:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine Mike Riley blowing his whistle for no discernible reason - forever.

edit

Alcarez has been charged with spitting and will be banned for three matches if he admits the charge.

Hold the phone:

The gently caress.

What's more important here is that clubs can pay the £10 administrative fee for cautions with a credit card.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
It's Monday!

quote:

Keith Hackett's verdict

1) If you're a stickler for the Laws you would restart with a dropped ball on the touchline where the ball went out of play. But in practice it is far better all round just to award the throw to the defending team. It's common sense and avoids controversy. Thanks to Kev Murphy.

2) It's a serious injury – so, as with a serious injury to a player, you need to stop the game immediately. Once your colleague has been treated and you've calmed the attacking side down, you need to determine how to restart. If you feel the striker was offside, restart with an indirect free-kick. If not, restart with a dropped ball. Thanks to Wendell Mac Gibbon.

3) As tempting as it might be to award the goal for sheer novelty value, you can't consider this a sporting act. So apply the laws firmly – it's all part of the learning process for these youngsters. Disallow the goal, show the player a yellow card for unsporting behaviour and restart with an indirect free-kick from the point on the pitch where the ball first landed on his hair. Jakob Sonderby wins the shirt.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Why is that unsporting behavior?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

His response to three is ridiculous, but then the entire question is ridiculous, unless you believe that black people can grow four-foot afros with birds nesting in them.

I guess it does answer The Pissflaps Question, though. Although again that's totally hypothetical as any Sikh playing sport would wear a tight turban (see Monty Panesar) and not a giant loving ceremonial thing with a dagger down his shorts.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Keith Hackett is a racist, if you had a skinhead with superglue on there he'd have nothing to say (apologies to any old school skinheads who still resent their movement's misappropriation by fascism).

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

pik_d posted:

Why is that unsporting behavior?
Because while the law may say 'Unsporting behaviour', it means 'Don't think you can discover some cunning ruse we forgot to legislate against and expect to get away with it'

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Hi I'm KH.

1) DONT BE STICKLER FOR A RULES IT WILL MAKE YOU A oval office

2) Meh

3) YOU GOT TO FOLLOW THE RULES TO THE LETTER. WHO CARES IF YOU ARE A oval office THOSE KIDS GOTTA LEARN.

I hate him.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Semprini posted:

Because while the law may say 'Unsporting behaviour', it means 'Don't think you can discover some cunning ruse we forgot to legislate against and expect to get away with it'

Yeah, I think it's basically "OK, this is clever, but do I want players trying to repeat this?" What he misses is yes, yes we want players growing huge fros to carry balls around.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Semprini posted:

What I mean is why is this particular thing unsporting? If someone has enough skill to balance a ball on their head while running, with or without the use of their own cushy hair, and walk it into the net, why shouldn't they be rewarded for that? Obviously none of you here are Keith Hackett but maybe someone understand why that's a bad thing and can explain it to me.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Well, if a player is balancing the ball on his head, how is a defender supposed to take it off him in a vaguely safe fashion? You can't. Either you have to kick him, charge him, or stand back and let him run. Same reason as you get pinged if you trap the ball between your legs and start hopping upfield.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
I get why you need to disallow the last goal. The yellow card for it is incredibly harsh for a U14 game though. It wasn't dangerous nor the rule against it obvious - give the kid a break.

Newbori
May 4, 2009
Could argue the "better to teach them at a young age" line to defend the harshness.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?

Newbori posted:

Could argue the "better to teach them at a young age" line to defend the harshness.

Pretty sure they gonna remember it if you just explain it to them :eng101:. If not, you still got that yellow card.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Caution not really essential for that one. Just give the IDFK for playing in a dangerous manner. Easy to sell due to the fact tht no-one can challenge safely for the ball when the guy is doing that.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's Friday!

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

1: Thassa goal.

2: Tell the attacking team to gently caress off.

3: Thassa goal.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

SteadfastMeat posted:

It's Friday!

(I'm not actually a ref)

#1: Did the ball stop moving or had you whistled the play dead? If not, award it.

#2: Dropped balls should be taken on the edge of the area. Beyond that, I don't think there's anything saying that goalies can't pick up a dropped ball restart (as long as it hits the ground).

#3: Re-take the corner since the striker was a oval officedisplayed unsportsmanlike conduct.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Goalkeeper edition!

1+3. The keeper is a loving idiot. Goal.

2. Pretty sure the ball is in play as normal from the drop ball, so it's kosher.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I don't think I've ever seen a sneezing footballer. I've seen footballers coughing and being sick on the pitch, but never sneezing. Strange that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

1. Not a goal. In a shootout, once the ball starts to move away from the goal, the kick is over.

2. No idea, guess it's an indirect free kick to the attacking team.

3. Similar to the hair one last week, though not deliberate. I'd say no goal.

• Locked thread