Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
I am starting to suspect that Caribou hasn't eaten a Devil Fruit and his powers have some other origin. Everytime he shows them off, everybody is "Have you eaten a devil fruit?" and "We didn't know the captain had fruit powers!", but he never answers or makes any comment about it. It would be pretty useful for him if that turns out to be the case, in the current situation.

vvvv I like the sound of that vvvv

Wili fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nanomachines.

Happy-Go-Lilac
Dec 19, 2007

Happy to be here.
Oh my, Zoro's face is priceless. Specifically when everyone is sitting around Sanji and Zoro's the only one to notice the sheer amount of transfusion bags Sanji's hooked up to.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Lilac Kimono posted:

Oh my, Zoro's face is priceless. Specifically when everyone is sitting around Sanji and Zoro's the only one to notice the sheer amount of transfusion bags Sanji's hooked up to.

He's clearly surprised that someone can lose more blood than he can :zoro:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I kind of suspect that Caribou has a devil fruit power, and the whole point of him attacking is so that Luffy can show off his Haki against a Logia opponent. I'm actually a little bit disappointed that Luffy learned how to use Haki. Before, Logia users required him using a strategy to defeat them, but now he probably can just punch them.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I kind of suspect that Caribou has a devil fruit power, and the whole point of him attacking is so that Luffy can show off his Haki against a Logia opponent. I'm actually a little bit disappointed that Luffy learned how to use Haki. Before, Logia users required him using a strategy to defeat them, but now he probably can just punch them.

He's been able to just punch every other bad guy up until now, and there have been a lot of cases where that didn't work and he needed a different strategy! Like Buggy, and Oz, and Foxy, and Kuma, and so on.

...The point is, being able to punch a logia doesn't negate all the strategy of fighting a Logia user. Aokiji can still freeze everything. Akainu can still destroy just about anything ever. Kizaru can still move at light speed and kick with infinite mass. Logias are still going to be ridiculously difficult opponents with crazy, varied abilities! Luffy can just punch them back now, instead of having to think of a weakness, which is not his style at all. The rest of the crew still can't hurt a Logia user without finding their weakness.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Plus, unless he happens to be right next to the world's largest freezer there is no real weakness for lava. Franky might be able to build a really good freeze gun, but Akainu will just melt any ice that he comes in to contact with after a few seconds.

Light's even worse in that regard. And I know people keep suggesting mirrors - but I'm sorry, I think just about any fight that ends with Kizaru trapped between some mirrors would just come across as bullshit of the shittiest bull.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Even if Luffy can punch Akainu, hes still loving lava. Haki doesnt stop him from being lava, just that you can hit him.

Just like it wouldnt stop Kizaru from moving at loving light speed. People severely overestimate Luffy using haki.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Lilac Kimono posted:

In the comic he was flipping his poo poo because he saw Franky picking his nose and his hair turning into a pair of horns or something.

Happy-Go-Lilac
Dec 19, 2007

Happy to be here.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

In the comic he was flipping his poo poo because he saw Franky picking his nose and his hair turning into a pair of horns or something.

Yeah, the little throw away reaction shots like that are so awesome. I'm very glad that they get put into the anime as well.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tsob posted:

Plus, unless he happens to be right next to the world's largest freezer there is no real weakness for lava. Franky might be able to build a really good freeze gun, but Akainu will just melt any ice that he comes in to contact with after a few seconds.

Light's even worse in that regard. And I know people keep suggesting mirrors - but I'm sorry, I think just about any fight that ends with Kizaru trapped between some mirrors would just come across as bullshit of the shittiest bull.

Mirrors are the dumbest idea, yes. I mean, Kizaru can pretty obviously still interact with physical objects while moving at the speed of light to do things such as, you know, kick people through buildings, so why it would be impossible for him to shatter a bunch of mirrors is a bit beyond me.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Cerebral Bore posted:

Mirrors are the dumbest idea, yes. I mean, Kizaru can pretty obviously still interact with physical objects while moving at the speed of light to do things such as, you know, kick people through buildings, so why it would be impossible for him to shatter a bunch of mirrors is a bit beyond me.

Who needs mirrors, anyway? I'm pretty sure we all know what Kizaru's REAL weakness is. :2bong:

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

tsob posted:

He could just return to his human form if he was bouncing in-between two mirrors. That doesn't make any sense.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Appachai posted:

He could just return to his human form if he was bouncing in-between two mirrors. That doesn't make any sense.

Well that was kind of my point. Yet it keeps being suggested. That, or a prism, which again makes no sense to me.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

tsob posted:

Well that was kind of my point. Yet it keeps being suggested. That, or a prism, which again makes no sense to me.

He should just go down in a battle with Teach. Darkness vs. Light... It makes sense.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Liar posted:

He should just go down in a battle with Teach. Darkness vs. Light... It makes sense.

Given that Ben Beckman was able to stop him from carrying out a really important order using the threat of a gun I'm hoping that someone less conventional will be the one to fight Kizaru. It'd be cool to see Zoro take him on while Luffy fights Akainu and Sanji fights Aokiji for instance.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tsob posted:

Given that Ben Beckman was able to stop him from carrying out a really important order using the threat of a gun I'm hoping that someone less conventional will be the one to fight Kizaru. It'd be cool to see Zoro take him on while Luffy fights Akainu and Sanji fights Aokiji for instance.

To be honest, though, Kizaru was probably just faffing about with Beckman since he went ahead and attacked Law's submarine anyway. Basically Kizaru still is the most broken character.

Personally I hope that by the end of the series he's the last admiral standing by virtue of not giving a gently caress, then goes on to become Fleet Admiral and takes the Marines into a new era of Stoned Justice :350:

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

tsob posted:

It'd be cool to see Zoro take him on while Luffy fights Akainu and Sanji fights Aokiji for instance.

Luffy fights the one that killed his brother, Sanji and Aokiji have an ice and fire thing going on and Zoro ends the series knowing how to cut light.

I like this plan.

seigfox fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 15, 2011

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The problem with the plan being that (possible manga spoilers) Akainu is now probably in Sengoku's old position and there will probably be a new admiral in his place. I'd like to say Smoker, but that's a hell of a promotion.

Not honestly sure whether the anime has covered that or not since I don't watch every (or even a lot of) episodes, so spoilered just in case.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Yall are crazy. Robin is the only Strawhat allowed to beat Aokiji.

KoB
May 1, 2009

tsob posted:

The problem with the plan being that (possible manga spoilers) Akainu is now probably in Sengoku's old position and there will probably be a new admiral in his place. I'd like to say Smoker, but that's a hell of a promotion.

Not honestly sure whether the anime has covered that or not since I don't watch every (or even a lot of) episodes, so spoilered just in case.

We saw the scene were Sengoku stepped down, its currently speculation just like in the manga.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

GoatLord posted:

Yall are crazy. Robin is the only Strawhat allowed to beat Aokiji.

Why would she have a problem with Aokiji? He's the one who saved her life, and granted her the chance to pursue happiness on the open sea. He even went so far as to forewarn her when he knew she was being pursued by CP9, and then walked away from a chance to wipe away her friends. Twice.

He might have killed Saul, but Saul was a traitor whose escape he would have a hard time covering. Robin herself was just a statistic when he left her go, and he didn't have to do so.

Sanji on the other hand thinks Aokiji is out to hurt or catch her, and has a reason to want to kick Aokiji's rear end, even if it's a misplaced one.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Why do you have to hate someone to be the person that fights them? All strawhats would have the same motivation to fight Aokiji if he got in their way. Robin is the only one with a history with him.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

GoatLord posted:

Why do you have to hate someone to be the person that fights them? All strawhats would have the same motivation to fight Aokiji if he got in their way. Robin is the only one with a history with him.

She is, but their history isn't really particularly hostile. I think she would be reluctant to fight him without good reason, whereas Sanji would be eager to have a shot at him. I think Luffy and Zoro would be too, just less so as Sanji is more hotheaded about anyone he thinks hurts any women, and this is someone I imagine he still thinks hurt or threatened Robin.

Add that to the fire/ice thing and I think he's a good match for a fight with Aokiji, better than Robin who has tense respect and acquaintance with him. I don't think it's a thing where you have to hate a person to fight them, Luffy and Koby are destined to fight and they are friends after all, it's just a thing that Sanji makes more sense thematically and historically to me to be his opponent than Robin.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

seigfox posted:

Luffy fights the one that killed his brother, Sanji and Aokiji have an ice and fire thing going on and Zoro ends the series knowing how to cut light.

I like this plan.

Cosign!
Also, is anyone ready for a stupid theory? Zoro's not blind in that eye, he's just undergoing some training that Rayleigh did too. That's why they have matching scars.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

rock2much posted:

Cosign!
Also, is anyone ready for a stupid theory? Zoro's not blind in that eye, he's just undergoing some training that Rayleigh did too. That's why they have matching scars.

We've already floated around a LOT of stupid theories about his eye; ranging from it just being missing, to keeping it closed for night vision, all the way up to some crazy Sharingan poo poo.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The world's smallest hawk lives in there, obviously. It'll come out when Zoro is in trouble, to mock him in Mihawk's voice - spurring him on to do better through the power of annoyance and obstinate refusal to lose. It also does a good Sanji. It's Perona impersonation is rubbish despite repeated practice. This just annoys Zoro more.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Since Zoro has already had a Hindu themed attack with the whole Asura thing, I'm predicting that keeping his eye closed has something to do with using his third eye.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 15, 2011

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Zoro's narcolepsy has gotten worse over the past two years to the point that he's half-asleep all the time, as shown by his closed eye.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Underneath it is an Ouroboros tattoo.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The eye just got lost while Zoro wasn't looking. He'll find it in Raftel.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

tsob posted:

The eye just got lost while Zoro wasn't looking.

While he wasn't looking...at...his eye?

I think my brain just exploded. But if anyone could find a way to lose their own eye like that, it'd be Zoro.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

Underneath it is an Ouroboros tattoo.

With The Ultimate Eye, he can see The Breath of All Things. :v:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Just wait till you start to think about the postcards it's going to send to Zoro.

Eye miss you.

Wish you could see this.

Here's looking at you, Marimo. (I figure Sanji's eye came along for the ride. Everyone needs some company after all).

And so on.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cerebral Bore posted:

Zoro's narcolepsy has gotten worse over the past two years to the point that he's half-asleep all the time, as shown by his closed eye.

This is by far the best theory I've heard.

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms
I think its suspicious that hawk eyes was somewhat involved with training him and he always has one eye closed. Pretty sure one of his eyes is now somehow a hawk eye.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Whatever the case, I love that Sanji and Zoro now are missing one eye each, visually.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

New episode is up

Poor Mohmoo has no luck at all :smith:.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
:zoro: They look like jellyfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Kinda creepy that all those minions look identical to each other.