Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

LightningKimba posted:

Here you go.

I will give a giftcert if I can get someone to make me nick avatar with this in the objection pose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Morrigan posted:

"My, what strong tentacles you have. I hope the party is just getting started."

:cthulhu:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I feel like Wesker has changed a lot. I didn't realize how much I relied on gunshot -> teleport and juggle for damage. Also it feels like his j.S and his crouching normals have dropped in priority a bit.

Dr Slouch
May 8, 2008

Rollie the Guar posted:

It seems like it's causing a teleport and then kara canceling into super with negative edge.

Actually, negative edge isn't in the MvC3 engine. At least, they say as much in the bible.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Yo cinroth or somebody better drop some secret Vergil poo poo soon because if the online is as rear end as it seems him being not good will save me 40 bucks.

Get with the picture. Vergil is one of the best characters in the game. He's like Dante but scrubbier, with longer combos, more damage, better mobility, better mixups, and better resets. Day one Vergil is pretty high up there.

Gamest Mook posted:

I have no idea how people are using the term in MvC3 though.

In Marvel 3, you're protected from air throws during a forced tag-in (snapback/death) until you perform any inputs. So the new Guard Break is to force an incoming opponent to block which allows a follow-up air throw on them.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Poor Arthur... no one loves you :eng99:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
If you guys remember who SprintGod is (the guy with that crazy Haggar/Arthur/Felicia team combo video), he just put this up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyLPO7KNh2c

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Desk + Nova:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a0suWnxxkhk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwnmSbV3tsM&feature=player_embedded

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Does anyone, for whatever reason, want to trade either their Best Buy or Amazon preorder for the Gamestop Femme Fatales? I'd prefer one from Amazon, but I wouldn't mind Elvis MODOK.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is there a way to play Versus mode against the CPU? Whenever I try to select Versus, it just tells me that Player 2's controller isn't plugged in.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

KungFu Grip posted:

Does anyone, for whatever reason, want to trade either their Best Buy or Amazon preorder for the Gamestop Femme Fatales? I'd prefer one from Amazon, but I wouldn't mind Elvis MODOK.

Mmm, I could be down for that. Let me see when I get back from getting my copy.

Edit: mine is bestbuy, by the way.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

iolo_the_bard posted:

Is there a way to play Versus mode against the CPU? Whenever I try to select Versus, it just tells me that Player 2's controller isn't plugged in.

Do Arcade mode, or if you're looking to fight a specific team, put it in Training Mode and set the other guy to "CPU" and turn off life/super regen and the infinite timer.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Zexerous posted:

I will give a giftcert if I can get someone to make me nick avatar with this in the objection pose.

Lemme see what I can do. :respek:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Broken Loose posted:

Do Arcade mode, or if you're looking to fight a specific team, put it in Training Mode and set the other guy to "CPU" and turn off life/super regen and the infinite timer.

Well, I suppose that works, lol. A bit convoluted though. Thanks!

jivjov fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 15, 2011

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.

quote:

Wolverine

(vs. Frank West) "Me and guys named Frank don't get along so well..."

Frank who? Frank Millar? That's all google is telling me.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Neige posted:

My guess is Frank Castle (Punisher).

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Neige posted:

Frank Castle aka The Punisher, I guess.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Are those nova jump loops desk was doing corner only?

edit: n/m the first video is not in the corner

The first vid looks like a really easy BnB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a0suWnxxkhk
j.H, cr.H, st.S, sj.H, fly, H, unfly, H, cr.H, st.S, sj.H, fly, H, unfly, H, st.S, sj.M-M-H xx air fireball xx Super.

The second vid doesn't look necessary the damage is about the same and it's corner only.

Dren fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 15, 2011

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ghostpilot posted:

Mmm, I could be down for that. Let me see when I get back from getting my copy.

Edit: mine is bestbuy, by the way.

Elivs MODOK is fine too. Do you got PMs?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Garth Ennis' Punisher run where he abused Wolverine in every possible way a writer could was the best. He even made him talk like a retard.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Zexerous posted:

How's this?

KungFu Grip posted:

Elivs MODOK is fine too. Do you got PMs?

Sure do, though I haven't made it out yet. Best Buy apparently e-mails the code out, but maybe I'll get it while I'm there.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 15, 2011

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Ghostpilot posted:

How's this?

Sure do, though I haven't made it out yet. Best Buy apparently e-mails the code out, but maybe I'll get it while I'm there.

That's perfect

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Be gone. :geno:

Vergil, all day err day

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Zexerous posted:

That's perfect

Excellent. :D Clubjection in good health.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day
What are Vergil's assist again? Does he have one that covers a lot of horizontal space that would help a rushdown character get in?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chocolate America posted:

What are Vergil's assist again? Does he have one that covers a lot of horizontal space that would help a rushdown character get in?

Off the top of my head he has the short range judgment cut, his dp, and his berserker barrage/slash. The last one is probably what you'd want, but I doubt it's very safe apart from just being fast.

On a side note, the guide's Chun Li section is amusing. From what they're saying she got a ton of juice but is by far the hardest character in the game because of how demanding her execution is. I'd like to see some top player pick her up and go crazy, but as usual, why bother when you could just pick Wesker, Ryu, or whoever else.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Chocolate America posted:

He has a move where he rushes across the screen and slashes everything. It has no invincibility so it's easy to get caught out but it's surprisingly good for keeping someone on the ground. It's super quick so it's hard to just jump over if they don't just know it's coming and the range is huge.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

chumbler posted:

Off the top of my head he has the short range judgment cut, his dp, and his berserker barrage/slash. The last one is probably what you'd want, but I doubt it's very safe apart from just being fast.

OK thanks I'll try that one. I was gonna play Wesker/Doom/Strider but I can't play Doom for poo poo no matter how much I practice so I'm gonna try replacing him with Vergil and see what happens.

All 3 characters teleport so that'll be hellish for all the gimmick Phoenix Wright teams out there today.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Say, does anyone want the GameStop costume set? I'm hoping to trade it for the Best Buy one, but whatever would really work. I don't use anyone in this set.

If you want it, just send me a PM or something like that. Or post here if you don't have that, whatever.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

S-Alpha posted:

Say, does anyone want the GameStop costume set? I'm hoping to trade it for the Best Buy one, but whatever would really work. I don't use anyone in this set.

If you want it, just send me a PM or something like that. Or post here if you don't have that, whatever.

Now I see why nobody pre-ordered with Bestbuy. Preordered, paid in full, got the email confirmation to pick it up today; get there and they not only don't have it, they haven't even ordered it. After an hour of them not knowing what the gently caress and me having to call their customer service line to get my refund.

So looks like no preorder costumes for me. :negative:

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Ghostpilot posted:

Now I see why nobody pre-ordered with Bestbuy. Preordered, paid in full, got the email confirmation to pick it up today; get there and they not only don't have it, they haven't even ordered it. After an hour of them not knowing what the gently caress and me having to call their customer service line to get my refund.

Which is probably related to the fact that there are ZERO Best Buy preorder codes on eBay, tons of Amazon codes, and one Gamestop code.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostpilot posted:

Wha?! I'm going over to my best buy now! :ohdear:

Also my best buy wouldn't let me pay in full besides the $5 down. Hope it comes through!

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Anyone know why Amazon lists the strategy guide as shipping in 1-3 months? My Gamestop claimed their shipment with the guides was late. I even preordered the it too...

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
It seems like these new missions aren't assinine and impractical enough. Instead of doing multiple 1-frame links in the corner against Viewtiful Joe, I would rather being doing multiple 1-frame links in the corner against Rocket Raccoon. I think that would be a proper teaching mechanism to the concepts of this game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

chumbler posted:

On a side note, the guide's Chun Li section is amusing. From what they're saying she got a ton of juice but is by far the hardest character in the game because of how demanding her execution is. I'd like to see some top player pick her up and go crazy, but as usual, why bother when you could just pick Wesker, Ryu, or whoever else.

Disclaimer: I suck at this game

I always used Chun Li in Vanilla primarily for double air dashing into people's faces and Hyakurestu-ing like there was no tomorrow. She was basically my "take a mental break" character because it was so easy to just give people fits by doing that and it took zero brain power.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Revitalized posted:

Also my best buy wouldn't let me pay in full besides the $5 down. Hope it comes through!

Same here, even though I tried. I'm not going until 6:30ish, let me know if you can't get it either!

edit:

chumbler posted:

Wait, what? Moreso than C.Viper or Jill? Like the above guy I just dashed in and kicked people a lot. She seemed pretty easy to use, if a bit weak.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Holy fuuck this PS3 install is taking long.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Skychrono posted:

Same here, even though I tried. I'm not going until 6:30ish, let me know if you can't get it either!

edit:

Wait, what? Moreso than C.Viper or Jill? Like the above guy I just dashed in and kicked people a lot. She seemed pretty easy to use, if a bit weak.

Well yeah, you can just mindlessly air dash in and mash legs and eventually you'll get lucky and land some horribly scaled 300k combo, but according to the guide her core offense is instant overheads with j.d+M canceled into legs to continue the combo or if you get push blocked kara airdash (which is apparently also an air throw OS) back in for more mixups. Comboing from her otg is also difficult but as I understand can be done anywhere. Her combos also can involve looping air sbks as low as possible, and keeping charge for low altitude air ex sbk because it leads to combos on hit. I think there's a lot of stuff she can do off her dp, and she still has her top of the stage infinite. The guide makes her sound like in the hands of someone with crazy execution she'll be scary as hell, but there's still the issue of why you would bother when you could just use New Best Friends.

VVVV For what it's worth, Gamestop did the printed-on-receipt thing. That has no bearing on what Best Buy does, but maybe someone was wondering.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 15, 2011

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz

Revitalized posted:

Does Best Buy print the DLC code on the receipt or are this round of DLC codes all in the box?

I got mine from Amazon but I have yet to receive any e-mails regarding pre-order codes, and I ordered mine the day it showed up on Amazon. I really want that MODOK, and I wonder if it's something I can just walk in and ask if they have any more of, if it's just on a piece of paper or on a receipt or something, so I can pick it up now and return my Amazon purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

yanthrax posted:

Does Best Buy print the DLC code on the receipt or are this round of DLC codes all in the box?

I got mine from Amazon but I have yet to receive any e-mails regarding pre-order codes, and I ordered mine the day it showed up on Amazon. I really want that MODOK, and I wonder if it's something I can just walk in and ask if they have any more of, if it's just on a piece of paper or on a receipt or something, so I can pick it up now and return my Amazon purchase.

From the info I received with my failed preorder, it's an emailed code. But considering how things are ran there I wouldn't be at all surprised if many folks never receive their codes.

• Locked thread