Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

How did no one get booked on the penalty or that last horrible tackle

Probably because it's a friendly but I agree that challenge on Johnson definitely should of been a yellow. The penalty not as much to me though.

Speaking of, I thought Fabian Johnson has looked pretty drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Johnson has looked great, yeah.

I think Buddle's goal may be the best singlehanded (singlefooted? :v:) goal by an American all year, save for maybe Jozy's against Guadeloupe.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I did not realize this was on espn3. No more ridiculous streaming for me, no sir

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I get home and it's 3-1 what's going on

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
When the guy on the Slovakian team burnt our defense all alone, that was pretty sweet.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Kurt_Cobain posted:

When the guy on the Slovakian team burnt our defense all alone, that was pretty sweet.

It was also pretty cool when we scored 3 goals in the first half.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Holy poo poo how did that not go in?

Embarrassing. loving. Embarrassing.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

"The experiment has failed, JK out" - BigSoccer

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Well, I think we all knew that was coming

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Whoah, the combo of Matvaz being pretty good and our defense not being fantastic is making him look like a loving wizard

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Whew I guess that was coming

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
welp

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Wonder if Rex Ryan knows anything about soccer...

Georges
Sep 12, 2007
Slovenia almost scores 3 times in the period of a minute... Christ

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Clarence Badson

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Klinsmann solves the left back predicament by playing without one

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

The SARS Volta posted:

Klinsmann solves the left back predicament by playing without one

This defending is motherfucking :psyduck:

Edit: Whoa, Slovenia is thugging out now.

Cthulhumatic fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 15, 2011

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
Im all for all offense screw this defender bullshit one of these players has to find their love for scoring goals someday.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Soi god forbid they make it easy eh? Great first half, poo poo second half.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well good win, Fabian Johnson was good, Michael Bradley had a good first half I thought, uhh, Edson Buddle had a really sweet goal surrounding the rest of his game being completely poo poo

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

We...won :psyduck:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I think everyone on the team played well except for Goodson and Chandler in the back for a couple of boneheaded moments. Chandler looks great going forward. Shea looked pretty lost out there when he wasn't purely on the wing though.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

joshtothemaxx posted:

I think everyone on the team played well except for Goodson and Chandler in the back for a couple of boneheaded moments. Chandler looks great going forward. Shea looked pretty lost out there when he wasn't purely on the wing though.

Chandler seems much better suited to be a winger than a defender. He really is not very good defensively, but he's incredibly dangerous going forward. He's the most Arsenal player I've ever seen in the U.S. Basically.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Am glad we won and that we could hopefully built off of this win for next year qualifiers but the way we played in the 2nd half still making me worry. Hopefully everything will be figured out by our first game next year which is february I think?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Akileese posted:

Chandler seems much better suited to be a winger than a defender. He really is not very good defensively, but he's incredibly dangerous going forward. He's the most Arsenal player I've ever seen in the U.S. Basically.

German fullbacks :rolleyes:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Good news: We know when we're playing who
Bad news: We don't know where we're playing who (yet)

quote:

SCHEDULE OF MATCHES

(home team listed first)

MATCHDAY 1
Friday, June 8, 2012
Group A
United States vs. Antigua & Barbuda
Jamaica vs. Guatemala
Group B
Mexico vs. Guyana
Costa Rica vs. El Salvador
Group C
Honduras vs. Panama
Cuba vs. Canada

MATCHDAY 2
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Group A
Guatemala vs. United States
Antigua & Barbuda vs. Jamaica
Group B
El Salvador vs. Mexico
Guyana vs. Costa Rica
Group C
Canada vs. Honduras
Panama vs. Cuba

MATCHDAY 3
Friday, September 7, 2012
Group A
Jamaica vs. United States
Guatemala vs. Antigua & Barbuda
Group B
Costa Rica vs. Mexico
El Salvador vs. Guyana
Group C
Cuba vs. Honduras
Canada vs. Panama

MATCHDAY 4
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Group A
United States vs. Jamaica
Antigua and Barbuda vs. Guatemala
Group B
Mexico vs. Costa Rica
Guyana vs. El Salvador
Group C
Honduras vs. Cuba
Panama vs. Canada

MATCHDAY 5
Friday, October 12, 2012
Group A
Guatemala vs. Jamaica
Antigua & Barbuda vs. United States
Group B
El Salvador vs. Costa Rica
Guyana vs. Mexico
Group C
Canada vs. Cuba
Panama vs. Honduras

MATCHDAY 6
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Group A
United States vs. Guatemala
Jamaica vs. Antigua & Barbuda
Group B
Mexico vs. El Salvador
Costa Rica vs. Guyana
Group C
Honduras vs. Canada
Cuba vs. Panama

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

This might be hubris, but Guatemala is the only team that I think can get any kind of result out of us from those teams. I'll think if we hit some sort of stride we will absolutely stroll.

Mexico has a harder time, I think--El Sal and Costa Rica can be tough. I think Honduras will sweep, too.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Easiest group Canada could have got, I'll imagine they'll find some way to implode and not make the hex.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Outrespective posted:

Easiest group Canada could have got, I'll imagine they'll find some way to implode and not make the hex.

Seriously? Honduras and Panama are both way better than Canada. They'd be better off against us, Antigua, and Guatemala.

BigStu
Apr 16, 2011
Well, I guess my decision was made for me. I will be spending my birthday in Jamaica. Anyone else planning on going to one of the away Qualifiers?

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
Goddamn. Jamaica and Antigua dates are both excellent. Jamaica's under $500 r/t right now from DC, and Antigua's over $700 but several airlines aren't scheduling that far out yet.

e: be pretty surprised if the 9/11 Jamaica match isn't either in NY or DC.

Howdy fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 16, 2011

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I'd give Panama a legitimate shot at a WC bid, if not as the third team, then as the fourth who goes to a playoff (and now plays the OFC winner for a bid).

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 16, 2011

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Going to go to at least one away game, Jamaica might be too close to the restart of school, but Antigua & Barbuda gently caress yeah.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

bonesquid posted:

Seriously? Honduras and Panama are both way better than Canada. They'd be better off against us, Antigua, and Guatemala.

The way the draw was structured it would have to be US, Jamaica, Canada, and Antigua/Guatemala. Still an easier draw, but it wouldn't be a walk in the park by any means.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Directorman posted:

This might be hubris, but Guatemala is the only team that I think can get any kind of result out of us from those teams. I'll think if we hit some sort of stride we will absolutely stroll.

Mexico has a harder time, I think--El Sal and Costa Rica can be tough. I think Honduras will sweep, too.

Did you guys forget the Gold Cup that quickly? Jamaica is better than Guatemala.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Please oh please let there be a home game in the NW. I'd even suck it up and go to Portland.

ReleasetheKracker!
Oct 8, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It pretty much looked like every goal deuce has ever scored for us.

Let me guess: a couple of cutbacks to wrong foot his marker followed by a low, hard shot from the top of the penalty area

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Howdy posted:

Goddamn. Jamaica and Antigua dates are both excellent. Jamaica's under $500 r/t right now from DC, and Antigua's over $700 but several airlines aren't scheduling that far out yet.

Wow, it's only $540 from PDX right now too.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Where's Waldo? Here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Hoover Dam posted:

Where's Waldo? Here.

We... we're Dallas?