Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Another two sessions means another two Jacks! :neckbeard:

Evil Mastermind posted:

I suddenly still understand nothing.

I thought the Scratch would only reset the Kids' universe? If the Troll universe was separate, it shouldn't have been affected, right?
The problem with the kids' universe was caused by the trolls. To make the post-scratch universe viable, the trolls would have to be affected too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
UU is probably a player from a third incipishpere. She doesn't use trollian so she's most likely not a troll but she's probably not human either. She a new species from the universe that Jade will create and she will communicate with the post-Scratch kids the same way that the trolls meddled with the pre-Scratch kids.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

dumb brunette posted:

Wait, what if UU is this Earth's (or another world's?) First Guardian through having the genetic code combined with a troll. Explains how Mom's void powers nullify the monitoring, explains the trolltag (UU has been previously associated with Bec -- Unbreakable Union, Umbral Ultimatum), explains the lime-green. Doesn't explain why she's not a servant of Lord English, though.

EDIT: This is obviously a really longshot guess and would require a lot of lying on UU's part :v:

This was actually my first instinct because of the chumhandle, and because her writing sort of reminds of Doc Scratch's in how formal it seems. But I think it's more likely she's a player from the final universe, the one this session will create. I remain slightly suspicious of her, though.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Starmaker posted:

e: ^^^^^^^ seven?
Karkat, Terezi, Kanaya, Gamzee, Sollux, Aradia, and uh...other Sollux?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dark Grapefruit posted:

This was actually my first instinct because of the chumhandle, and because her writing sort of reminds of Doc Scratch's in how formal it seems.

Not to mention her speech with its "blimeys" and "coloUrs" sounds awfully...

English.

I do find it amusing that the majority of lovely UU Opiuchus fantrolls were all sinister enigmatic figures and then here comes UU being all ^u^

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

If Bro is heart then hopefully we get to find out what Heart actually DOES, I think its one of the few roles we don't really know the powers of.

wait, what do all the other aspects do? I'm good on Space, Time, and Void, maybe Light, but everything else is obscure or unrevealed

Pretzel Rod Serling fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 15, 2011

Eikre
May 2, 2009
Well those other Ophiuchuses had to scratch like three dozen times, overall, before one was produced that was sufficiently banal and pleasant.

I only wish Aradiabot was still around to meet her.

AA: 0_0
UU: ^u^
AA: 0u0
UU: 0u0

KoB
May 1, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

wait, what do all the other aspects do? I'm good on Space, Time, and Void, maybe Light, but everything else is obscure.

The only classes we really know about Heir, Seer, and Thief too.

e: Mind was explained to couple with Seer extremely well, this was how Terezi knew Vriska would win the coin toss and run off to fight Jack.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

wait, what do all the other aspects do? I'm good on Space, Time, and Void, maybe Light, but everything else is obscure or unrevealed

John can fly with the wind and throw tornados everywhere and he loving dug through a planet with a drill made out of tornados, I think we can reasonably conclude that the Hero of Breath has wind powers!

Gamzee's Bard of Rage powers may or may not have anything to do with his ability to hate Lil' Cal into existence in Dave's nightmares; it's kind of unclear where any latent troll psychic powers end and heroic aspect powers begin.

Eridan interpreted his role as Prince of Hope to be about giving up and destroying hope, but it's unclear whether he understood anything about the role or if he was just being a douche.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Since UU doesn't yet click neatly into any of the setup we've had so far, I feel that serious speculation is pointless.

Therefore, I will take the position that she is a magical squiddle girl because why not.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's the best theory I've heard yet.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I think it's reasonable that a hero doesn't need to always reinforce their superlative, just have influence on how things in their sphere of influence go down. I mean it would be ridiculous to be the Hero of Doom if all that ever meant was you were going to get murked and you'd have nothing to show for it.

We have omniscient narration on hand, though, that says the Angels on Eridan's planet specifically taught him how to be a brutal hope-crushing megafucker. Maybe they were just being spiteful about his genocidal campaign, maybe that was just part of his hero's journey that he hosed up in his own time.

Looking forward to Jake couriering around little cheerful missives all the time and giving people the will to go on.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gabriel Pope posted:

John can fly with the wind and throw tornados everywhere and he loving dug through a planet with a drill made out of tornados, I think we can reasonably conclude that the Hero of Breath has wind powers!

Gamzee's Bard of Rage powers may or may not have anything to do with his ability to hate Lil' Cal into existence in Dave's nightmares; it's kind of unclear where any latent troll psychic powers end and heroic aspect powers begin.

Eridan interpreted his role as Prince of Hope to be about giving up and destroying hope, but it's unclear whether he understood anything about the role or if he was just being a douche.

He also had the ability to blast the poo poo out of things with tremendous gouts of energy, possibly by believing (read: hoping) hard enough that a little toy wand would let him.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I expected to be just starting to deal with more or less all of the stuff that happened in the end of act 5 flash about now. But then everything happened at once and we have this thing instead. Genuine mystery. Fresh puzzles.

This is such a good thing.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Gabriel Pope posted:

John's wind powers also made him undetectable by scent. And I'm personally a bit iffy on what exactly Space powers are, since Jade has Green Sun powers too, its hard to differentiate which is which.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Thats a problem with a lot of the trolls for me too, to be honest. I was thinking sollux's Doom powers were related to his ability to hear the voices of the dead, and were maybe relted to knowing of deaths in advance or something, but that could be his own psychic powers. And again, Life may have to do with extending ones own logevity, though the Empress is implied to be extremely long lived anyways, and all god Tiers are immortal which would make it kinda useless, though she did extend the life of Sollux's ancestor. I think the best defined ones we've seen are Time and Light really.

Heart is one of those ones we dont even have any hints to what it does whatsoever though.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

John's wind powers also made him undetectable by scent. And I'm personally a bit iffy on what exactly Space powers are, since Jade has Green Sun powers too, its hard to differentiate which is which.

Thats a problem with a lot of the trolls for me too, to be honest. I was thinking sollux's Doom powers were related to his ability to hear the voices of the dead, and were maybe relted to knowing of deaths in advance or something, but that could be his own psychic powers. And again, Life may have to do with extending ones own logevity, though the Empress is implied to be extremely long lived anyways, and all god Tiers are immortal which would make it kinda useless, though she did extend the life of Sollux's ancestor. I think the best defined ones we've seen are Time and Light really.

Heart is one of those ones we dont even have any hints to what it does whatsoever though.

Space is quite literal so far, she can alter space and presumably she could teleport herself to any other point in space is she wished.

Also Sollux had vision two-fold, he could see the present and the future.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Prison Warden posted:

I bet heart just allows the hero to try really god drat hard and do the impossible.

Oh gently caress Bro is actually going to be Kamina isn't he?

e:

Fagtastic posted:

Genuine mystery. Fresh puzzles.

I think we've been trying to put the various pieces of the puzzle together for so long now that we don't really know how to react to actual mystery.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 15, 2011

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Obviously heart powers let you uselessly talk to animals, how is this even a discussion?

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Even though it's been strongly implied that mom lalonde will have void powers, i feel it would be more likely that she may have heart powers because in my mind heart powers basically mean 'affinity with cats' and we've already seen that she has lots of (mutated) cats.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rooreelooo posted:

Even though it's been strongly implied that mom lalonde will have void powers, i feel it would be more likely that she may have heart powers because in my mind heart powers basically mean 'affinity with cats' and we've already seen that she has lots of (mutated) cats.

If you've ever owned a cat, you should know they trend more towards void than heart.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Obviously heart powers let you uselessly talk to animals make shipping charts, how is this even a discussion?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

I meant function within the game but now that I think about it letting him fly a car and put out a conflagration is a pretty good example of an in-game function!!

Aspects aside tho' I also wonder about the roles; an alternate future Dave says you can't win a game with a dead Heir or Witch.

I hope if all this isn't covered by the time the story ends Hussie will elaborate, if only because I'm the kinda dude who is into the ~minutiae of lore~ and whatnot

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

KoB posted:

*woosh*

Hear that? That was the joke as it flew over your head.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Whelp, how's that for an update. I definitely think that UU is this world's first guardian. Also does this mean we now have 3 ___s of light that we have observed? Their role must be more important than we realize.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This may be stretching assumptions a bit, but could she possibly be Echidna? Half-woman, half-snake...?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Talorat posted:

Whelp, how's that for an update. I definitely think that UU is this world's first guardian. Also does this mean we now have 3 ___s of light that we have observed? Their role must be more important than we realize.

She said Life, not Light.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Cabbit posted:

If she's from a pre-Scratch Alternia, perhaps there's no oppressive caste system and she just uses grey because she likes it.

guardian kids are gonna create pre-Scratch Alternia, making the whole loving narrative a mobius double reach around.

Starmaker posted:

wait, when was he not actually Kamina??

snucks fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 15, 2011

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

snucks posted:

guardian kids are gonna create pre-Scratch Alternia, making the whole loving narrative a mobius double reach around.

thus trapping lord english in an eternal glitch where he keeps appearing and eating the same three universes again unable to escape

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rooreelooo posted:

thus trapping lord english in an eternal glitch where he keeps appearing and eating the same three universes again unable to escape

You're aware that if this actually happens you'll be locked up in a lab and vivisected to discover the source of your powers of clairvoyance

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Starmaker posted:

If he has the power to observe that which should be hidden from sight, make contact with spectral entities and to destroy invincible objects then we will see. What I'm saying is that you should stand up to this in a position of authority. Row Row.

Aspects aside tho' I also wonder about the roles; an alternate future Dave says you can't win a game with a dead Heir or Witch.

In hindsight, not being able to win the game when Jade is dead has a pretty obvious reason given she is responsible for creating the genesis frog, but I always thought that was meant to imply that it was impossible to win the game if any of the players died.

Plus, y'know, that timeline being doomed seeing as how John being dead means that their birth would never take place.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Nestharken posted:

Taking bets on Bro and Mom's Pesterchum handles, as suggested by this panel and generated by More Words.

Bro: t_____G____ic

Mom: t_____T____ied

OR

Bro: t_____G____ied

Mom: t_____T____ic

Voting t_____Glorified and t_______Tonic.

Considering Jake says that Strider is online but has his autoresponder on and Jane says to UU that Lalonde hasn't been online all day, __ic is probably Mom and __ied is probably Bro. I really like t____Tonic and hope that you're right about that. Maybe Bro is triloquistGlorified.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
I just had a realization:

The trolls that aren't anything like John, Dave etc. probably take after the new kids. Like Equius is a combination of Jake's technical skills and Brodad's creepy fetishes. Mom will probably be excitable and very reminiscent of Fef.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

creationist believer posted:

This is probably meaningless, UU's text color is #929292, while Karkat's is #626262. I always kind of wondered why Hussie didn't just make Karkat's text color #696969.

I think the trolls' colours are all separated by 30 degrees on the HSV colour wheel to go with the zodiac theme.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

In hindsight, not being able to win the game when Jade is dead has a pretty obvious reason given she is responsible for creating the genesis frog, but I always thought that was meant to imply that it was impossible to win the game if any of the players died.

This is sort of what I thought. Death's pretty easy to come by in sburb, too, which makes your Time and Space players even more important.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

pumpinglemma posted:

I think the trolls' colours are all separated by 30 degrees on the HSV colour wheel to go with the zodiac theme.

Not exactly, Nepeta's was off by 8 degrees for example. I don't think Karkat's grey was on the color wheel anyways. Seems like a minor thing that could have been ignored for a better (though pointless and unnoticed by anyone that doesn't view the source) symbolic thing.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Another little detail of note that I haven't really seen pointed out:

Scratched!bro and mom are apparently still named Strider and Lalonde, despite the other two now being named Crocker and English instead of Egbert and Harley.

Significance to this at all?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Prison Warden posted:

Plus, y'know, that timeline being doomed seeing as how John being dead means that their birth would never take place.

I seriously have no idea where this notion comes from.

Each session's ectobiology fuckery is exclusive to its own session. In the kids' session, John created the kids and their guardians and sent them back in time. In this session, it's reasonable to assume that at some point, Jane will create the new kids and their new guardians and send them back in time.

That's it that's all. John didn't send meteors to other universes, John had nothing to do with the creation of these kids, and there hasn't been anything at all to suggest otherwise. Yes, the roles have been reversed, but that doesn't change anything.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My guess would be that Nanna changed her name from Crocker to Egbert when she got married in the other universe. If John got married in the Scratched universe he likely would've kept the name Crocker.

No idea where Jake English comes from, but we'll probably find out.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

CidGregor posted:

Another little detail of note that I haven't really seen pointed out:

Scratched!bro and mom are apparently still named Strider and Lalonde, despite the other two now being named Crocker and English instead of Egbert and Harley.

Significance to this at all?

Grandpa changed his name to Harley and Nanna married into the Egbert family.

e:f;b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Regy Rusty posted:

No idea where Jake English comes from, but we'll probably find out.

Well, there are a few possibilities for that.

1) Grandma Jade got married to a man named English.
2) After Jade died, like pre-Scratch Jade, Jake would be raised by their first guardian, who is presumably Doc Scratch. As a result of this, he may have taken on the name English.