Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

thats funny cause milk bags is also something you can call boobs (on a girl)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

wraithgar posted:

hopefully they contain zero plastic there

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

wraithgar posted:

as mentioned in the talk page

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Nevergirls posted:

as mentioned in the talk page

Yo girl, imma need a citation on those tittays

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Dear RMS posted:

we'll just look past the rule against original research

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
This article is down right incorrect when it comes to the strength of milk bags. They are actually incredibly durable. While perhaps -slightly- more susceptible to puncture than a carton or jug, they are much more resilient when it comes to blunt force and drops (the kind of thing they are much more likely to experience). If you have them available in your area, try it. Throw it at a flat surface and try to get it to break (unless the surface is rough, like pavement you might actually find this impossible to do). Then take a carton or jug and drop it from counter top height and see how it fares in comparison. This is clearly just made up by the writer who is basing their information on personal beliefs rather than actual facts. Wouldn't be surprising if they had even lived in an area which uses milk in bags. The entire page needs to be rewritten by someone who actually knows what they are talking about. 99.225.114.29 (talk)

I agree with this. What is written here in the article very much reflects the views of someone who doesn't live in an area with milk bags. A former packaging design professor of mine was involved in the graphic design work for some of the early milk bags here in Canada. The first people that were shown the bags had a similar reaction: "It isn't as strong" (My former professor included). To win people over they did the very thing you've mentioned: Throw the bag as hard as they can against a wall. In fact, superior strength was one of the core reasons why they wanted to switch to bags. Other reasons not included in this article, but are also important: Shipping less air (A very important part of package design), shipping less weight (however, the new square milk jugs that get shipped crate-less will probably win that one) and cheaper/faster milk filling. If I can find some good sources, I'll be sure to come back and fix this article 68.179.102.105 (talk) 18:55, 8 March 2010 (UTC)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

every professional wrestling article

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

Dear RMS posted:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

In 1942, Charles A. Ridley of the British Ministry of Information made a short propaganda film, Lambeth Walk - Nazi Style, which edited existing footage of Hitler and German soldiers (taken from Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will) to make it appear they were marching and dancing to "The Lambeth Walk". The film so enraged Joseph Goebbels that reportedly he ran out of the screening room kicking chairs and screaming profanities. The propaganda film was distributed uncredited to newsreel companies, who would supply their own narration.[2]
haha owned

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

FMguru posted:

haha owned

lol the ur-youtube

mr_jim
Oct 30, 2006

OUT OF THE DARK

FMguru posted:

haha owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYdmk3GP3iM

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

:woop:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

holy poo poo, it's proto youtube. i mean you have recut serious footage to popular dance music and hitler

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

FMguru posted:

haha owned

goebbels is....ballmer :wth:

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

FMguru posted:

haha owned

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Gentle Autist posted:

goebbels is....ballmer :wth:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

this is awesome

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

graph posted:

this is awesome
mods change my name to Gestapo 'Hep-Cat', tia

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
post the most worthless sandwich you can find on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

post the most worthless sandwich you can find on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty

Another variation in the North is the Scollop Butty where the chips are battered before frying.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

you know

i bet a egg+ham+hashbrown wrap would be loving delicious

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sandwiches has everything from McDonalds and Burger King listed

not exactly a comprehensive overview of sandwiches though

edit: Two pieces of brown bread, butter and a larger-than-typical amount of bacon, assembled to form a bacon sandwich.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
it does have the Monte Cristo, king of all sandwiches

RIP bennigan's

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I love a grilled cheese but the monte cristo is kinda over the top, I think it's the sugar component

I had a couple really good bacon butties in London though, English bacon is really good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what is the best sandwich

i dont know :cry:

a good reuben is hard to top

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i got this for 80% when borders closed

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Italian-Sandwiches-Americas-Favorite/dp/006059974X

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

ain't it tho

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

thinking about a half pastrami half corned for dinner tonight!!!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

graph posted:

a well-made french dip is pretty pro

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
i always just wing it for sandwiches. my goto sammy would have to be grilled chicken breast butterflied on whatever loaf my wife made (italian loaf mostly) with whatever after that (bacon? cheese? lettuce? roma tomato?) and of course slapped in the panini press.

even if you have boring ham and american cheese on white, a panini press makes you feel non poor.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

tough choices

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i think i'd go with the donkburg

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm donkburgin' hard bro

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
put a bangin donk on it

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Honked posted:

i think i'd go with the donkburg

:getin:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

poemdexter posted:

sammy

dont do this

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

peanut butter :razz:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

thin slices of giņ lụa with sliced carrot and cucumber and vietnamese mint, maybe some maggi seasoning on the bread if you dgaf about sodium

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I was wondering why corn redirected to maize then I clicked the talk page.

hooboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

yogurt/yoghurt redux