Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Also from Desk: instant level 5 Frank in a 1.2 million damage combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZwWKqSf5Vc

e: Also also from Maximilian, a new Marvel Madness Live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXyiWmehihA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I got my copy from Best Buy this morning when the store opened. It took five minutes.

This was after trying two Walmarts and a Target. The first Walmart had it but I asked four employees to open the case, none could, and none could find the person with the keys. The employees at Target were very helpful but Target isn't carrying it in the store. I looked at the stock sheet with the woman stocking the shelves and it wasn't on there. The Target website confirms that the game is unavailable. The second Walmart hadn't stocked it yet and wasn't getting the shipment till later today. By then it was almost 10 so I went to Best Buy.

I'm working a bit late tonight and most stores will be closed when I get home so I figured I'd pick it up this morning.

tldr; Your Best Buy and Walmart may or may not have it, Target won't.

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz
Did you get any sort of DLC code or is that really reserved for preorders? I know it's sort of a stupid question, but I've gone to Gamestops before where they just have a stack of DLC codes sitting there for people who buy the game regardless of whether they preordered or not.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Holy god drat, Level 4-5 Frank is so god drat fun.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Okay, from a little bit of experimentation it appears the "mashing" mechanic is just a series of just-frame inputs. Every time you do a mashable hit in a hyper combo, the game allows you to input something to make it count as 2 hits. Less Marvel 2, more Melty Blood.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

yanthrax posted:

Did you get any sort of DLC code or is that really reserved for preorders? I know it's sort of a stupid question, but I've gone to Gamestops before where they just have a stack of DLC codes sitting there for people who buy the game regardless of whether they preordered or not.

Just coming in from Gamestop after the Best Buy fiasco. Was able to get the last copy that wasn't on pre-order (yay for having long-time friends as GS employees) and they gave me a code anyway (especially after hearing about what happened at BB).

Best Buy sucks, but it can certainly equal a payday on ebay for the folks who manage to get their BB costume codes.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
Aw, heck. I had release day shipping from Amazon, but UPS has delayed the shipment.

I wanted to play in the goonament. :(

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I thought Hawkeyes homing arrow super is always supposed to hit unless it's blocked? Both last night and today I've had the shot go through but do no damage a couple times, it seems like it won't hit off a ground bounce after an air combo

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Ghostpilot posted:

Just coming in from Gamestop after the Best Buy fiasco. Was able to get the last copy that wasn't on pre-order (yay for having long-time friends as GS employees) and they gave me a code anyway (especially after hearing about what happened at BB).

Best Buy sucks, but it can certainly equal a payday on ebay for the folks who manage to get their BB costume codes.

This. I've pre-ordered from Best Buy before and they suck poo poo, always super slow.

But they KEEP getting exclusive DLC :sigh:

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009
I knew Marvel would be harder than it looked but holy gently caress. I can't beat anyone's missions past 7, my hands can't do it... :negative:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Just came back from my Best Buy with UMVC3 in hand! They said my costume code would be emailed to me within the next few hours, but it hasn't arrived yet. The guy also told me that if it doesn't come today by like 5pm, I can call 1888BestBuy and they'll resend me a code.

Anyways, time to plugin my PS3 again!

Jamikaze
Jul 12, 2000

CRANKIN'
and
CHUGGIN'
I am loving the new Captain America stuff! OTG Shield Slash is soo great! Invincibility on backflip was something that I was really looking forward to, as well. Now I can feel good about playing Cap again! Yay!

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Love that Ghost Rider kinds sounds like Nick Cage, especially when he says "Hellfire".

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
edit: bad menus

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

AXE COP posted:

e: Also also from Maximilian, a new Marvel Madness Live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXyiWmehihA

Mother gently caress, Penance Stare has a ridiculous range.

EDIT: Ghost Rider Mirror: Fate of Two j.S

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
Anyone here play Magneto? How do you connect Gravity Squeeze after launch? (This is the final step in mission 10.)

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Anyone here play Magneto? How do you connect Gravity Squeeze after launch? (This is the final step in mission 10.)

You should just be able to do it right away. Grav Squeeze is an instant-hitting hyper.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yo no one has really been talking Task yet, but I gotta say the web swing xx arrows change is the most fun I've had in this game. You can do so many web swings and arrows in a single relatively-easy combo (probably stupidly-easy if someone as bad as me can figure them out without someone making a video), it's a blast. I miss the damage, but at least Task is still fun as gently caress.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Are you super jump cancelling it?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

No! Thank you very much!!!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

My copy arrived and is installing, hooray! But my local Gamestop didn't have the guide in. People who got it from Best Buy, do you know if they were carrying the guide at all?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

Any advice on consistently getting the hyper grav loop in Ultimate? I could pull it off reliably in vanilla, but I can't seem to do the same now, unless I'm in x factor. I've tried air dashing earlier, and it looks like the hyper grab should connect, but it doesn't.

Edit: I think I figured it out.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I have literally no idea what to do as Iron Fist if the person jumps, is there a specific tool I should be using to hit them in the air and get them down to at least otg super them? Grabs are useless since it's gotta be right next to the ground and the timing is tight as hell, if you do land it you get like 300k or 550k for 2 bars if you are in the corner.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 15, 2011

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz

Fellblade posted:

I have literally no idea what to do as Iron Fist if the person jumps, is there a specific tool I should be using to hit them in the air and get them down to at least otg super them? Grabs are useless since it's gotta be right next to the ground and the timing is tight as hell, if you do land it you get like 300k or 550k for 2 bars if you are in the corner.

In the Marvel Madness pt. 3 video that was posted at the top of this page, in the first game Jwong does a backwards air throw on Nemesis and follows it up with an OTG into hyper, though I don't know it's pretty close to the corner and I don't know if the throw would otherwise put him farthre out.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Yo whats the metatag?
puppetpalhoneyb
down for some scrubby, salty action.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I have this for ps3. my PSN is CosmonautLaika. I want to play. Anyone on now?

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

cumtini... on ice posted:

how are you not on my list?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

cumtini... on ice posted:

Another reminder about this list:

:siren:

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 GOON LIST!!!

Spreadsheet:
http://tinyurl.com/umvc3goons

Entry Form:
http://tinyurl.com/umvc3goons-new

(my job blocks this address so I can't actually look at the lists but I presume they're still working alright)

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

Just grabbed my copy from FYE across the street from work, 2nd to last copy. gently caress a pre-order. They didn't have any bibles, though.

I should be in training mode most of the night trying to figure out these new people/re-learning the game.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nova's centurian rush assist (it's b I think) does hit overhead, and causes a ground bounce if it hits targets in the air.

Ghost rider/xx/nova seems fairly silly. I get half screen unblockables into full combos and ground bounce relaunches after ghost riders otgs.

I'm messing with virgil in second slot. There are a lot of good options for that slot tho.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Revitalized posted:

And the leaked alt costumes!

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...that can't be...there's a Mega Man X in there!? Some of those costumes are awesome and practically seem like they're completely new models.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Skychrono posted:

Spreadsheet:

Entry Form:

(my job blocks this address so I can't actually look at the lists but I presume they're still working alright)

Whoever maintains this can you fix my PSN ID? There should be three Z's in nodozzze not two :doh:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Okay, from a little bit of experimentation it appears the "mashing" mechanic is just a series of just-frame inputs. Every time you do a mashable hit in a hyper combo, the game allows you to input something to make it count as 2 hits. Less Marvel 2, more Melty Blood.

This makes sense based on my experience so far. When I mash out Maximum Wesker, each time Wesker hits the guy it counts as 2 hits.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Skychrono posted:

Spreadsheet:

Entry Form:

There should be a "level of skill" field. I've never really played any MvC game before, but after a couple rounds through Arcade, I decided to hop on XBL and fight a random dude. Promptly got my rear end handed to me, I never had an opportunity to attack. Basically, if I play against goons, I'd like to play against similarly new goons, and not "will completely combo all 3 of my characters in 12 seconds" goons.

Bocom
Apr 3, 2009

No alibi
No justice
No dream
No hope

Gatts posted:

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...that can't be...there's a Mega Man X in there!? Some of those costumes are awesome and practically seem like they're completely new models.

There's a Mega Man X DLC costume for Zero and Frank West. The one displayed there is, of course, Zero's.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3VgCH-oPbc&feature=player_embedded

Cool video with Shady_K doing some bomb rear end rad combos with a buncha different characters also Wesker being agricultural as gently caress in the last combo :itsachaffjoke:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So where should the Amazon DLC costume codes be? I can't seem to find it.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Cinroth posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3VgCH-oPbc&feature=player_embedded

Cool video with Shady_K doing some bomb rear end rad combos with a buncha different characters also Wesker being agricultural as gently caress in the last combo :itsachaffjoke:

1.1 million damage combo with Taskmaster for 2 bars (probably all earned during the combo too) at 5:48. God drat.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Deadpool's Cable costume is :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockiavelli
Jan 22, 2005

Because we're morons, you and I

flatluigi posted:

So where should the Amazon DLC costume codes be? I can't seem to find it.

If it works like other Amazon codes I've received, it'll be in an e-mail within the next couple days.

• Locked thread