Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
So, if anyone's interested in trading an Amazon or Best Buy preorder code for the Gamestop one, I'd be up for that. Send me a PM or post or whatevs.

On another note, has anyone tried dodging Nick's level 3 with Viewtiful Joe's new dodge move? In one of the Maximillian changelog videos, he pointed out that Joe very nearly dodges Gravity Squeeze with it, so I'm wondering if he can avoid that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You know I forgot that Doc Strange was going to be in this. How's that character working out?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Anyone on the 360 up for some casual games? Gt: dorkasaurus rex

Also, I'm having a world of trouble trying to do Frank's Hammer Throw. When am I charging and for how long? Does that just mean to hold the stick back? I always end up throwing a pie instead. Also, does the camera OTG or do I need to hit them off the ground first for it to connect? I can never hit it after his shopping cart hyper like some people seem to.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/11/13/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-dlc-costume-complete-gallery

Holy poo poo. They went ahead and really fanserviced the hell out of those costumes.

Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.
Is there any DLC available now?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

FYI to the guy asking about the new testament at Best Buy, I bought it there without preordering and they had zero copies of the guide on the shelf.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Am I crazy for thinking the game plays slower?

Also they really cranked down the brightness too, it's really hard to see on the non bright stages

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I remember hearing pre-release that Akuma's demon flip OTG was gonna be harder to do, but I can't tell the difference. Anyone know if they backed down on that??

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
It's gotten harder to get the third hit of Shulk's Emerald Cannon now depending on where you are on the screen when it starts. When I get it going near the corner I don't think I've yet to hit the third hit. Not sure if it's outright impossible or I need to figure out/change my directional inputs now.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

THEY NERFED POST-KO FLYING :(

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Cat Machine posted:

I remember hearing pre-release that Akuma's demon flip OTG was gonna be harder to do, but I can't tell the difference. Anyone know if they backed down on that??

It's actually easier 'cause you can just do it in the air before he lands now.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Is anyone else as bummed as I am that they changed Skrull's inferno line from "He loves you... INFERNO!" to just "Hurgh... INFERNO!" :(

Outside of that I've been having a blast playing UMVC3. It astounds me how devastatingly powerful all the characters feel, especially the new ones.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Before it slips my mind, is there anything special I have to do to get my MvC3 DLC on UMvC3? I had the old save and all with Shuma but while it recognized that I had a MvC3 save (and unlocked Galactus mode) Shuma isn't showing up.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Is anyone else as bummed as I am that they changed Skrull's inferno line from "He loves you... INFERNO!" to just "Hurgh... INFERNO!" :(

Outside of that I've been having a blast playing UMVC3. It astounds me how devastatingly powerful all the characters feel, especially the new ones.

Hasn't it repeatedly been said that Super Skrull is actually an atheist so it was weird for him to say that?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Where are the best combo lists for the game just now?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
There is no god, KKKhristian sheep... INFERRRNOOOO

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

THEY NERFED POST-KO FLYING :(

Wait, how? I've been doing it just fine.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
So the goon tournament is like 7pm PST right?

SuperNuts
May 7, 2004

From the frozen north a... squirrel emerges?!?
:haw:
Man gently caress amazon... the game still hasn't come yet. Guess I won't be joining the tournament.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

Wait, how? I've been doing it just fine.
You can still do it, but flight time has been cut.

Also the Tron winquote vs Nova is cute

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I haven't messed with it too much, but can you set up an unblockable with Phoenix wright's Maya hyper? It hits low on the last hit and you have enough time to jump and attack.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Korgoth posted:

Man gently caress amazon... the game still hasn't come yet. Guess I won't be joining the tournament.

A friend of mine just received his copy from Amazon about half an hour ago, so don't give up hope yet! :ohdear:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
For those of you still on the fence about this game like I am NerdJosh and Spooky are streaming again.

http://www.twitch.tv/nerdjosh

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.

Korgoth posted:

Just got mine from Amazon about an hour ago so :toot: Don't give up!

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Best Buy didn't have my pre-order so I have to drop out of the tournament.

I was looking forward to getting quadruple perfected, too.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Korgoth posted:

I too am in this boat. I blame FedEx more than Amazon.

SuperNuts
May 7, 2004

From the frozen north a... squirrel emerges?!?
:haw:

Ghostpilot posted:

A friend of mine just received his copy from Amazon about half an hour ago, so don't give up hope yet! :ohdear:

I think the amazon website said 7pm at the latest, that's about an hour away... this is the very first time I pre-ordered anything on amazon, and paid for release day delivery. If it doesn't come you sure as poo poo better believe I won't be purchasing from amazon again!

waspinator posted:

I too am in this boat. I blame FedEx more than Amazon.

Good point. Mine is coming by UPS though, yours is FedEx?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
:catdrugs: THIS GAME CAME THE gently caress OUT TODAY :catdrugs:
:catdrugs: AND WE ARE HAVING A TOURNAMENT FOR IT :catdrugs:

Trykt posted:

:megaman: UMVC3 LAUNCH DAY TOURNAMENT :megaman:

:itjb: Xbox sign-up! :itjb: | :spidey: PS3 sign-up! :spidey:

We're running it on both consoles at the same time - 10PM Eastern - we'll be organizing from the IRC channel listed on the sign-up pages.

Rules and other stuff are also on the sign-up page. It doesn't cost anything to sign-up and play! Lightning Kimba and Zexerous have offered to put up prizes! First place in either tournament gets you a free forums upgrade of your choice! (up to a $10 value) - Any questions please just ask, either here or in the IRC channel (if you don't already hang out there anyway, come join us).

By popular request I have added a rule requiring at least one new-to-UMvC3 character be a part of your team at all times for the 0-day tournament. Goons willing, we'll have a stream for one or both tournaments up for everybody to watch so you can still expect to have some fun watching (GET HYPE) even if you get knocked out early or just want to hang out and watch! Plus there's all the lobbies for casuals that are sure to spring up. Get at this!

You can still sign up! Brackets aren't locked until start time!

:getin:

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Unfortunately!

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
Omw home from work. Amazon says the copy is delivered so I'll see you all at the tourney! Prepare the sodium! It's time for dinner.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Nodoze posted:

Whoever maintains this can you fix my PSN ID? There should be three Z's in nodozzze not two :doh:

Done!

iolo_the_bard posted:

There should be a "level of skill" field. I've never really played any MvC game before, but after a couple rounds through Arcade, I decided to hop on XBL and fight a random dude. Promptly got my rear end handed to me, I never had an opportunity to attack. Basically, if I play against goons, I'd like to play against similarly new goons, and not "will completely combo all 3 of my characters in 12 seconds" goons.

I did the lists for SF4, SSF4, and MvC3 also, and I had that on there... and no one used it/people said it didn't matter. So I stopped adding it! But when I use it I just talk to the people and they're pretty nice about understanding that I suck. Maybe I should've added a "own a microphone" field...

That said, I can add it anyway, but it's too late now that a lot of people put their info in. Oops.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Anyone on the 360 up for some casual games? Gt: dorkasaurus rex

Also, I'm having a world of trouble trying to do Frank's Hammer Throw. When am I charging and for how long? Does that just mean to hold the stick back? I always end up throwing a pie instead. Also, does the camera OTG or do I need to hit them off the ground first for it to connect? I can never hit it after his shopping cart hyper like some people seem to.

Shot you a friend request, I'm super rusty and want to get some practice matches in before the tourney.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Any Canadians know where to find the new guide? Amazon.ca has delivery set for halfway through December :qq:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
shopto.net shipped my order to a completely different address than the one listed on the receipt that they sent me, this is the stupidest poo poo ever

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
So, online is still lovely. Should make for a fun tourney. :smith:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Brosnan posted:

So, online is still lovely.

Your avatar continues to be quite fitting.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Brosnan posted:

Well at least maximillion was right when he said the online would probably turn to poo poo when the game was actually released.

Quick question, is the stream being recorded as well? I wouldn't mind being able to watch the tournament(my internet is crap and would choke trying to watch a stream).

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Brosnan posted:

It's been leaps and bounds better for me so far. Let's just hope it's just a fluke in your case.

Ahh, Old-School Pre-MvC3 Cap, how I have missed thee. :allears:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't had any matches that didn't have moderate to severe delay, green bars or not. Pretty much makes Jill unusable (well, more so than she already kind of is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah my experiences are the same. It's probably better but it's by no definition good. Maybe if you live in Cali/NY and have a billion people to play against who might be two floors down in your apartment complex or something you'll have better luck.

• Locked thread