Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

nemoulette posted:

This is probably my favorite Seth going crazy moment.

I like the one in the 200s better where Jah reads the fact that drinkers usually live longer than totally sober individuals. Seth says something like, "When you crawl up in this head, and stay there, it ain't right dog," and goes on another similar rant. That episode came out a little after I started listening and it might honestly be the moment I was hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drewsky posted:

I like the one in the 200s better where Jah reads the fact that drinkers usually live longer than totally sober individuals. Seth says something like, "When you crawl up in this head, and stay there, it ain't right dog," and goes on another similar rant. That episode came out a little after I started listening and it might honestly be the moment I was hooked.

Episode 234.

"I'm going to go die, 12 years earlier than the people having fun, by having no fun and being a square. Hey, loser. In the corner. Dying. Slowly."
"Quickly."
"Quickly, prematurely."

"What about your dreams? You still have your dreams?"
"My dreams? My dreams, now...they're not nightmares in a traditional sense..."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 9, 2011

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Due to being a bit late I just listened to the episode before the newest one...

I am transgendered.

And my name is Mia.

Welp, time to kill myself. It was a good run. Thanks for all the laughs UYD.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Due to being a bit late I just listened to the episode before the newest one...

I am transgendered.

And my name is Mia.

Welp, time to kill myself. It was a good run. Thanks for all the laughs UYD.

I know how you feel, I'm a throat and my name is Jessica

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

JethroMcB posted:

Episode 234.

"I'm going to go die, 12 years earlier than the people having fun, by having no fun and being a square. Hey, loser. In the corner. Dying. Slowly."
"Quickly."
"Quickly, prematurely."

"What about your dreams? You still have your dreams?"
"My dreams? My dreams, now...they're not nightmares in a traditional sense..."

I just listened to this episode and it is so loving good.

"I can't finger the kids right now, I'm tweeting!"

downfall
Jun 23, 2005

This is easily my favorite podcast, and I was happy to see a thread about it. I just read through, and whoever mentioned the "bowsch!" thing earlier is spot on. That kills me every time I hear it.

Also, thanks for the recommendations on some of the earlier shows. I've only been onboard for the past 100 or so, and I haven't been dedicated enough to sit and go through them all from the beginning yet.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Does anyone who listens to UYD listen to "Jordan Jesse Go"? UYD is the only podcast I listen to but I tried to listen to Jordan Jesse Go since they guest starred on it, so I figured there must be some overlap, but it was awful.

It was so forced and put-on with their little intro and the one guy's morning radio DJ host voice, and the ironic self-aggrandizement shtick that nerds have totally run into the ground ("Yeah we're kind of a really big deal :smug: Our show is epic win, and the best ever *sly wink and nod*"). Sure enough I saw a picture of them and they look like the two dorkiest goons ever

I guess my question is, are there any other "Comedy Podcasts" that are funny like UYD and less lovely and annoying than JJG

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The Complete Guide to Everything is like a more good-natured UYD. It's "two guys in a room", the chemistry is good, and there's some topic overlap. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you give them a shot.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

james earl pwns posted:

Does anyone who listens to UYD listen to "Jordan Jesse Go"? UYD is the only podcast I listen to but I tried to listen to Jordan Jesse Go since they guest starred on it, so I figured there must be some overlap, but it was awful.

It was so forced and put-on with their little intro and the one guy's morning radio DJ host voice, and the ironic self-aggrandizement shtick that nerds have totally run into the ground ("Yeah we're kind of a really big deal :smug: Our show is epic win, and the best ever *sly wink and nod*"). Sure enough I saw a picture of them and they look like the two dorkiest goons ever

I've come around on JJGO, but when the first exposure is their show with Uhh Yeah Dude, they come across as super terrible. Jesse Thorn had this weird, douchy unfunny agressiveness towards the guys and it didnt work at all.

I would love to hear Seth on something like Sklarbro Country to discuss sports insanity (and his Cowboys) though.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?

Yannick_B posted:

I would love to hear Seth on something like Sklarbro Country to discuss sports insanity (and his Cowboys) though.

this would be pretty fantastic and i could definitely see their styles of humor meshing well

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I just want to hear them on Rogan's podcast because Joe could get a ton more crazy drug stories from the both of them

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
hey, uhhyeahdude.com, you're down..you cool?

first his cellphone now i guess jah cant pay for the lights anymore either

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
As a sidenote, with a dash of intolerable self promotion, the podcast that I do with my brother is called Those drat Ross Kids and it's very much inspired by UYD. I only mention it because it's relevant to the conversation.

duckfeed.tv/thosedamnrosskids

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009

james earl pwns posted:

I guess my question is, are there any other "Comedy Podcasts" that are funny like UYD and less lovely and annoying than JJG

I actually really enjoy JJGO. I try not to mention it here since most people hate it but it just works for me. I think one of the reasons I like it is that I never here them fight with each other and it makes me feel bad when I here friends fight. Same reason I like UYD they only really got into a fight once. JJGO for me is like a great come down show after a really heavy WTF.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Behold! A Elk! posted:

I actually really enjoy JJGO. I try not to mention it here since most people hate it but it just works for me. I think one of the reasons I like it is that I never here them fight with each other and it makes me feel bad when I here friends fight. Same reason I like UYD they only really got into a fight once. JJGO for me is like a great come down show after a really heavy WTF.
Yeah, don't worry; there are a few of us who love both. I'm not going to argue with people's opinions on Jesse; I still find him delightful. TSOYA may be an 'interesting guests only' download for me these days, but it's still almost a decade of quasi-regular listening.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

"If they're Mexican we're fuckin' having a great party, if they're Russian they're just wearing tracksuits and screaming at you."

ROMA

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
I was so happy for Jonathan when he was finally able to call Seth out on being weirder than him.

"So you have sticky tape, around your bed."

"...maybe."

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I just heard Jah's story about making GBS threads himself in the shower while I was listening to UYD in the shower. Hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. Diarrhea Feet.

Nana...I poo poo myself again.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Admiral Goodenough posted:

I was so happy for Jonathan when he was finally able to call Seth out on being weirder than him.

"So you have sticky tape, around your bed."

"...maybe."
When was this?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drewsky posted:

When was this?

The most recent episode, 296. Seth details his crazy system to keep bugs from getting on him while he's asleep.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

296, starts around 53:20.

"How many trapped insects have you caught?"

"One is enough!"

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 14, 2011

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

JethroMcB posted:

The most recent episode, 296. Seth details his crazy system to keep bugs from getting on him while he's asleep.

I thought that story was a joke, I still do, I just can't believe that.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

I thought that too when he told it the first time, but now I'm not so sure. It just seems like a Seth thing to do.

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

I thought that too when he told it the first time, but now I'm not so sure. It just seems like a Seth thing to do.

As crazy as it sounds, it also kinda sounds like a good idea! I might have to try it (just keeping it low enough so no one sees it).

Are you reading this?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
A listener working as an english teacher in korea had his class send postcards to UYD. The results are as amazing as you imagine.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Yannick_B posted:

A listener working as an english teacher in korea had his class send postcards to UYD. The results are as amazing as you imagine.

This is truly a gem

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Yannick_B posted:

Is this on the new episode?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

james earl pwns posted:

Is this on the new episode?

Yes

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
(Going back for a second) There was an episode recently where Seth listed some cheap DIY solutions soldiers were using for common problems in Iraq. One of them was the tape around the bed thing. He was referencing that.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Yannick_B posted:

This and Jah reading the Taco Bell reviews are definitely my favourites for this week.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Same old taco smell! :mad:

e: 02-02-20-12

bango skank fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 16, 2011

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
L.A. goons! UYD returns to the Largo at the Coronet, Feb. 2, 2012.

http://largo.laughstub.com/show.cfm?id=118926

I missed my last opportunity to see live UYD. I shall not make the same mistake.

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.

Binowru posted:

L.A. goons! UYD returns to the Largo at the Coronet, Feb. 2, 2012.

http://largo.laughstub.com/show.cfm?id=118926

I missed my last opportunity to see live UYD. I shall not make the same mistake.

That's loving awesome, I'm so there! I started listening to them like a week or two before that last show and wasn't immediately sold on them. I'm buying my tickets now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Yannick_B posted:

This is loving all-time classic right here. "It is a car of sincerity. How to know your car? That's secret."

a pipe smoking dog posted:

This and Jah reading the Taco Bell reviews are definitely my favourites for this week.

:mad: One star. This is not authentic Mexican food.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
JDOG: What does IPA stand for?

SOTH: Uh, nope-nope-nope.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Anyone know the google map location with Seth's car? I must see this machine that the Koreans find fantastic.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

I think there are pictures of it on Weck's Wiki, but I can never loving find anything on there. Is it just me, or does the search function never work?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Yeah, their site is all hosed up. Thanks Weck.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
The postcards from Korea bit was exceptional.

"Dear Smith"

"I like American singers. My favourite players are Celine Dion, Shakira and Adele."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

It's a very sincere car.