Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneakyCracker
Oct 28, 2003

IRC - Its nothing more than multiplayer notepad.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Unfortunately the GPS is still hosed up, far worse actually than Froyo. It only locks on 1-2 satellites at a time and frequently crashes after 15 minutes of use or so.

This is inexcusable too since the problem is that they shipped a very old version of the GB GPS daemon (it's been the same since the early-May leak), whereas the Mesmerize and Sprint Tab GB updates that hit a few months ago both include a much never version that works really darn well. Good news is that if you're rooted and want a working GPS, this fix (the daemon pulled from the Mesmerize) works really well.

They also didn't fix the hardware keyboard driver they hosed up in the Froyo release despite community fixes being around forever. But if you haven't had a problem with the hardware keyboard so far, it's no worse in GB.

Although I am a fairly heavy user of GPS on my device, I hadnt tried it yet on GB. And yes, I am rooted, so thank you for this fix. I am going to go ahead and apply it now before even trying it without. As for the keyboard issue, I guess I never noticed it, as I rarely if ever use the hardware keyboard. Next phone will be without.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

dexplosivo posted:

loving hell I don't know if I can hold out for an iPhone much longer, especially if that Epic 4G Touch is going to be a couple hundred dollars less for awhile.

Does it have the usual Samsung problems? Software bugs, loss of signal issues?

I like Android more, but what is the holdup on the iPhone? They are fairly readily in stock now...

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

dexplosivo posted:

loving hell I don't know if I can hold out for an iPhone much longer, especially if that Epic 4G Touch is going to be a couple hundred dollars less for awhile.

drat it. I just bought two for $150 each a few days ago. Sigh...

I was really wary of picking up the E4GT due to the reported LOS, but so far, neither my wife or I have run into any problems (note that I am running stock.) I will list the couple of minor issues I have run into though:

1) The speaker/speakerphone is really kind of quiet. I think my Hero had a better external speaker.
2) Voicemail is waaay too quiet - I can't hear a drat thing if there is any ambient noise in the area. This probably isn't a phone issue though - not sure how it could be...
3) GPS is meh. Sitting in my house, the GPS has me two houses down the street. Not a deal breaker, but again, the Hero had a better GPS. Also, in my office, GPS is pretty much unusable (sucks for weather or location based apps.)
4) I had issues with the SD cards I pulled from the Heros. The E4GTs were not reading them properly until I formatted them externally and reinstalled them into the E4GTs. Again, maybe not a problem with the phone, just be aware of a potential problem should you pick one up.
5) Speedtest is kind of blah. Not sure if this is Sprint or the phone though - I need to do that 3G configuration thingy from a few pages back.
6) The power button is directly across from the volume rocker, which means that I turn off the screen when I try to adjust the volume. I need to adjust the way I do things, but it is a silly design.

Other than that, I'm happy so far. The battery is really good on standby (2+ days with no/light usage) and the screen is nice and bright. Everything is faster than my old phone, and I am loving Swype. Oh, and the camera is really nice too.

Eyecannon
Mar 13, 2003

you are what you excrete

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Unfortunately the GPS is still hosed up, far worse actually than Froyo. It only locks on 1-2 satellites at a time and frequently crashes after 15 minutes of use or so.

This is inexcusable too since the problem is that they shipped a very old version of the GB GPS daemon (it's been the same since the early-May leak), whereas the Mesmerize and Sprint Tab GB updates that hit a few months ago both include a much never version that works really darn well. Good news is that if you're rooted and want a working GPS, this fix (the daemon pulled from the Mesmerize) works really well.

They also didn't fix the hardware keyboard driver they hosed up in the Froyo release despite community fixes being around forever. But if you haven't had a problem with the hardware keyboard so far, it's no worse in GB.

I'm on a EI22 custom ROM and my GPS has never been better... I would recommend flashing a custom ROM with the GPS fix.

monoptic
Apr 8, 2004

MAGNICIFENT!

Duckman2008 posted:

I like Android more, but what is the holdup on the iPhone? They are fairly readily in stock now...

Mostly the timing on dropping so much on a 32 GB iPhone 4S, potentially with Applecare and a case, screen protector, etc. I've got a lot of gifts to buy this holiday season.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I'm eligible for an upgrade the 1st of next month but I'm not sure what to do. If I knew for sure that Sprint would be getting the Nexus Prime, it'd be a no brainier, but I don't know.

I'm on an Evo 4G right now and can happily keep using it for a while longer, but... I don't know. The iPhone is actually sort of tempting even though I love Android. Hell, the Evo 3D also looks like it'd be fun. But maybe I should just hang on to what I have and wait to see what's around the corner? I don't particularly want to wait until June or so, though.

What would you do?

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
I'm in the same boat. If I had an EVO I'd probably wait a couple of months. I have a Shift so I'm getting a 3D asap.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Motorola will likely have an ICS phone on Sprint before Feb.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
Has anyone actually tested a non-Sprint SIM in a pre-11/11 Sprint iPhone?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

brc64 posted:

What would you do?

I'm in the same boat, except my EVO is starting to act up (phantom screen taps, randomly underclocks itself). I'm still planning on holding out. I'd love a Nexus prime, but barring that, my plan is a good native ICS device or, last resort, a SGS2 once a stable ICS ROM comes out.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

quadratic posted:

Yes with an AT&T sim from my brother's iPhone 4. It tried to kick my phone back into activation mode but after I put my Sprint branded SIM back in everything was fine and dandy.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

quadratic posted:

I'm pretty sure they were still SIM locked against domestic carriers. Full SIM unlocking will require jailbreaking and figuring out how to unlock the current baseband.

How exactly has Sprint SIM locked the post-11/11 iPhone activations? Was it through the provisioning process? Pushed after the phone was on the network? Can iPhone firmware updates be cancelled/ignored like on Android?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

quadratic posted:

Yes. It doesn't work.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

brc64 posted:

I'm eligible for an upgrade the 1st of next month but I'm not sure what to do. If I knew for sure that Sprint would be getting the Nexus Prime, it'd be a no brainier, but I don't know.

I'm on an Evo 4G right now and can happily keep using it for a while longer, but... I don't know. The iPhone is actually sort of tempting even though I love Android. Hell, the Evo 3D also looks like it'd be fun. But maybe I should just hang on to what I have and wait to see what's around the corner? I don't particularly want to wait until June or so, though.

What would you do?

I'm debating this as well. My solution has been:

I found a Nexus S on Craigslist for $200, and I was able to break even by selling my EVO 4G for $200. Since I was lucky enough to land the Nexus S, I've decided I'm going to wait until it gets ICS and then run stock ICS for at least 1 month. This will let me get a feel for where Android is going, as well as let me hold out hope that we'll hear some rumor(s) about Sprint getting the Galaxy Nexus. If there is still nothing saying if/when Sprint will be getting the GN, I've pretty well decided to get the iPhone 4S.

Even if I decide I don't like the 4S, I can easily sell the 4S to someone on Craigslist and go back to the NS4G until Sprint gets another phone I'm interested in.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

brc64 posted:

What would you do?

Right now for anyone who has a decent smartphone like the EVO recommend waiting or Craigslist. Sprint will have more stuff after Christmas, and will have LTE phones in June. And honestly, the nexus and 3D are pretty cheap used online. So i recommend waiting.

On a shameless plug note, if you want a nexus I could get you a good price on mine.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
The Photon can be found for $250-$280, and is totally worth it.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

goku chewbacca posted:

I'm pretty sure they were still SIM locked against domestic carriers.

Oops, sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant on foreign carriers.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

brc64 posted:

What would you do?

As a Android lover I jumped from the EVO to the iPhone 4S, and at one time I was very anti-Apple. Proof of that? I owned 3 Zunes. That said I prefer the iPhone 4S over the 3D (my wife has one) or any other phone on Sprint right now. I don't want to get into the iOS vs. Android, but I now understand why Apple does things a certain way. All I can say is it works. It just works. While I do miss flashing my phone all the time I do plan to get into jailbreaking sooner or later. The only real bitch I have about the iPhone is how fragile it is, but that is about all.

So as a traitor to Android (my wife called me this) will I ever go back? While I think Android is great and Apple Fanboys are the biggest assholes in the world, it just depends. It would have to be the right phone.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

As a Android lover I jumped from the EVO to the iPhone 4S, and at one time I was very anti-Apple. Proof of that? I owned 3 Zunes. That said I prefer the iPhone 4S over the 3D (my wife has one) or any other phone on Sprint right now. I don't want to get into the iOS vs. Android, but I now understand why Apple does things a certain way. All I can say is it works. It just works. While I do miss flashing my phone all the time I do plan to get into jailbreaking sooner or later. The only real bitch I have about the iPhone is how fragile it is, but that is about all.

So as a traitor to Android (my wife called me this) will I ever go back? While I think Android is great and Apple Fanboys are the biggest assholes in the world, it just depends. It would have to be the right phone.

All I would say is try being the person selling and setting up the phones for Apple fanboys. Hands down the worst part of the iPhone coming to Sprint for me. Its 50/50, some are great and just really excited for the phone and will buy all stuff with it, and others expect all accessories free, all fees waived and for me to perfectly setup everything. I had a schmuck obsessively going over one little air bubble on a screen protector I was applying for him, and I had to just tell him "this is it, if you aren't happy with it, there is a second one in the bag for you to try at home." That and all the customers freaking out because Sprint will not let them buy an iPhone early.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Those aren't Apple fanboys. Those are just lovely customers. Sorry you work retail.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Those aren't Apple fanboys. Those are just lovely customers. Sorry you work retail.

Pretty much, those aren't fanboys, they're just entitled upper-middle class suburbanites. They're lovely customers no matter what they buy.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

You could be right there. Either way, no apologies needed, I enjoy my job.

rhombus
Apr 20, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

Right now for anyone who has a decent smartphone like the EVO recommend waiting or Craigslist. Sprint will have more stuff after Christmas, and will have LTE phones in June. And honestly, the nexus and 3D are pretty cheap used online. So i recommend waiting.

On a shameless plug note, if you want a nexus I could get you a good price on mine.

I picked up a supposedly "mint" EVO 3D on eBay with an Otterbox Commuter for $210 shipped. It gets here tomorrow, and I'm really excited to ditch my WinMo phone.

Any EVO 3D owners have suggestions on where to start? I'm guessing I'll root it so I can play around with all the fun stuff, but it sounds like CyanogenMod doesn't really support this handset.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Just do the official HTC unlock and flash clockworkmod and superuser. Sense 3.0 is neat enough that you don't really need to swap the rom for something like cyanogen. With root you can adblock, tether, and do all the best stuff that comes from unlocking.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
So it says I "Save $150" on a new smartphone in roughly a year (when my current two-year contract is up).

Does that mean an iPhone would still be $500? In other words, I wouldn't get it at the deeply discounted $200 that a new customer would?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007

So on a whim, I went into the new non-corporate Sprint retail/repair center today and showed them my phantom press touchscreen. He claimed that it would be $35 to repair/replace, even when I told him I was out of warranty and not on TEP. He wouldn't touch it because I had CM7 on it, but strongly implied if I reflashed it, he wouldn't hold it against me (and he doesn't have my name/account info).

He's full of poo poo, right?

beergod posted:

So it says I "Save $150" on a new smartphone in roughly a year (when my current two-year contract is up).

Does that mean an iPhone would still be $500? In other words, I wouldn't get it at the deeply discounted $200 that a new customer would?

The wording is confusing, you get the new customer price ($200).

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Turnquiet posted:

Just do the official HTC unlock and flash clockworkmod and superuser. Sense 3.0 is neat enough that you don't really need to swap the rom for something like cyanogen. With root you can adblock, tether, and do all the best stuff that comes from unlocking.

On the other hand, I get 30+ hours off the stock battery on CM7.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Well then, that is an argument for a new rom. Either way, the path to CM7 will require him to unlock and flash recovery. He can just have a rooted stock as a pit stop on the way to greater things.

But does CM7 work with MHL out, 3D, and all the other stuff?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Turnquiet posted:

Well then, that is an argument for a new rom. Either way, the path to CM7 will require him to unlock and flash recovery. He can just have a rooted stock as a pit stop on the way to greater things.

But does CM7 work with MHL out, 3D, and all the other stuff?

Not yet, no. Eventually, it probably will, but for now, MHL, 3D, and WiMAX don't work on it on CM7.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
Fresh rom is the best stock replacement on the Evo 3D right now, I've tried most of them. The CM7 port was abandoned, but like others said Sense is great.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Has anyone figured out how to get Sprint to give you an early upgrade to an iPhone? Any second line trickery?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rhombus posted:

I picked up a supposedly "mint" EVO 3D on eBay with an Otterbox Commuter for $210 shipped. It gets here tomorrow, and I'm really excited to ditch my WinMo phone.

Any EVO 3D owners have suggestions on where to start? I'm guessing I'll root it so I can play around with all the fun stuff, but it sounds like CyanogenMod doesn't really support this handset.

Beyond Clean ROM (which I think runs slightly faster) the 3D is pretty solid on just stock software. Only reasons to root are tethering and Titanium Backup. I haven't used Fresh, so not sure whether its better than Clean.

Grumpwagon posted:

So on a whim, I went into the new non-corporate Sprint retail/repair center today and showed them my phantom press touchscreen. He claimed that it would be $35 to repair/replace, even when I told him I was out of warranty and not on TEP. He wouldn't touch it because I had CM7 on it, but strongly implied if I reflashed it, he wouldn't hold it against me (and he doesn't have my name/account info).

He's full of poo poo, right?

No, if your phone is having physical problems Sprint will exchange it for $35. Honestly my store never cares if its flashed, but worst case flash it back.

beergod posted:

Has anyone figured out how to get Sprint to give you an early upgrade to an iPhone? Any second line trickery?

To be blunt, it is very likely not going to happen through Sprint overriding it. I have a lot of customers try, and they just don't bump up upgrades anymore. They don't even offer customers to buy out the contract like they used to. I could be wrong, but I know for sure that they have realllllly cracked down on it.

Your best bet is to add a line to get the phone, port out your number to google voice (or another carrier and back) and get it that way (you'll have to eat the ETF). Only solution I can come up with.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

No, if your phone is having physical problems Sprint will exchange it for $35. Honestly my store never cares if its flashed, but worst case flash it back.

... Now I feel stupid for living with this for however long (4 months?). Is that a non-corporate store policy, or will that work at corporate stores too?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Grumpwagon posted:

... Now I feel stupid for living with this for however long (4 months?). Is that a non-corporate store policy, or will that work at corporate stores too?

I would assume both, but non-corporate are usually less picky. If you want to guarantee that you get through approved, you could wait for the store to get crazy busy, I can't speak for other stores but I know I am more likely to approve an exchange to get someone out of the store if I have other people behind you looking to buy phones.

Sprint actually pays 3rd party stores for repairs and does offer larger incentives for repairing phones vs offering exchanges (for obvious reasons), which is why some people won't just exchange your phone probably. So in your case they may just replace the screen, which seems like would possibly fix it. Still $35 for a repair, but if it doesn't fix it within 30 days it can be applied for a full exchange, so no risk of getting double charged.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

dexplosivo posted:

My coworker and his wife recently switched to Sprint and both got E4GTs. I don't know how his wife's phone is doing, but his gets really bad signal at his desk at work, and decent signal at mine. When he's at his own desk, it think it has a super strong cell signal all the time (supposedly from the cell repeaters our company has), but as soon as he tries to dial out or actually use that cell connection, it "refreshes" after failing to establish a real outbound connection and says "wait, no, your signal is actually poo poo. Switching to roaming now!" at which point he can receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls. Sometimes incoming calls don't reach him unless the phone thinks to really check and switch over to roaming. Also, he'll receive like 4 copies of every text sent to him in that roaming switchover-state for some reason. And it's not just his phone; the online Sprint report shows him having received 4X texts for every X sent to him in that state.

Aside from that, not sure what other problems he might be having, but I can ask.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Sprint actually pays 3rd party stores for repairs and does offer larger incentives for repairing phones vs offering exchanges (for obvious reasons), which is why some people won't just exchange your phone probably. So in your case they may just replace the screen, which seems like would possibly fix it. Still $35 for a repair, but if it doesn't fix it within 30 days it can be applied for a full exchange, so no risk of getting double charged.

I'd be totally fine with a repair if it fixed the problem. Hell, I was fine with living with it.

In case they do replace it, can the new EVOs be rooted? I remember people saying for a while they couldn't be.

Now, to wade into XDA to unroot and reflash this... Anyone know of a guide?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

rhombus posted:

Like Turnquiet said, it's decent as-is, just root it so you can block the ads in free games. I'm running Warm 2.3 on my Evo3D, and I've heard good things about CleanROM (and tried it myself for a day and didn't hate it); both are pretty much stock with the Sprint bloatware removed. Try both and decide -- Warm has a few more tweaks but a hideous Matrix/Kawasaki acid-lime color scheme (which can be changed but I kinda like it), CleanROm is straight-up stock with the fat trimmed off. Both also have really neat CRT animations for turning the screen on/off, which is really the most important thing in a ROM :v: .

I've heard good things about Cyanogen too, but camera support is iffy at best (if you got it for the processor/memory, it's cool, but if you want to try the 3d, sorry, an even for 2D photos it doesn't work with the amazing solid-chunk-of-lovingly-machined-aluminum hardware shutter button).

I haven't tried Fresh but I think it still lacks 3D support (but I could be wrong). There's definitely a reason I'm not using it, but I've forgotten that reason.

Re: battery life: I just plugged mine in at 78% after 52 hours on battery, with a few short calls and SMSs replies and a couple of instances of looking something up on Wikipedia in the car (I want to paint "DON'T PANIC" on the case; literally having the Hitchhiker's Guide as described in the books in your pocket should be the main advertising point of smartphones). It'll last a lot longer after the first few weeks, once the novelty wears off and you're not constantly playing angry birds or surfing the web on it just because you can -- I'll be sitting at my computer and use the phone to check Facebook because why the hell not?

Edit: In other news, it is a crime that I can't swap my old Sprint feature phone (Samsung Rant) over to InediblePenguin's Virgin mobile account (she has the little blue flip phone and broke the hinge). I understand, while not necessarily agreeing with, their proprietary ESN blocking, but VIRGIN USA IS SPRINT WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT YOU MONEY-GRUBBING MOTHERFUCKERS sorry, I got a bit carried away there but you get the idea.

Grumpwagon posted:

In case they do replace it, can the new EVOs be rooted? I remember people saying for a while they couldn't be.
It's possible but takes a bit of effort. Or so I've heard -- I got mine after the bootloader update was pushed out but it had been sitting in a box for a month and I rooted it before it asked me to install the update. :smug:

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 16, 2011

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Delivery McGee posted:

Like Turnquiet said, it's decent as-is, just root it so you can block the ads in free games. I'm running Warm 2.3 on my Evo3D, and I've heard good things about CleanROM (and tried it myself for a day and didn't hate it); both are pretty much stock with the Sprint bloatware removed. Try both and decide -- Warm has a few more tweaks but a hideous Matrix/Kawasaki acid-lime color scheme (which can be changed but I kinda like it), CleanROm is straight-up stock with the fat trimmed off. Both also have really neat CRT animations for turning the screen on/off, which is really the most important thing in a ROM :v: .

I've heard good things about Cyanogen too, but camera support is iffy at best (if you got it for the processor/memory, it's cool, but if you want to try the 3d, sorry, an even for 2D photos it doesn't work with the amazing solid-chunk-of-lovingly-machined-aluminum hardware shutter button).

I haven't tried Fresh but I think it still lacks 3D support (but I could be wrong). There's definitely a reason I'm not using it, but I've forgotten that reason.

Re: battery life: I just plugged mine in at 78% after 52 hours on battery, with a few short calls and SMSs replies and a couple of instances of looking something up on Wikipedia in the car (I want to paint "DON'T PANIC" on the case; literally having the Hitchhiker's Guide as described in the books in your pocket should be the main advertising point of smartphones). It'll last a lot longer after the first few weeks, once the novelty wears off and you're not constantly playing angry birds or surfing the web on it just because you can -- I'll be sitting at my computer and use the phone to check Facebook because why the hell not?

I'm also on warm, I can't see how anyone could stand the Sense launcher on Warm but with LauncherPro it's a lot less green (but still green). They just added ICS animations which are fun but just a novelty. There's also a Roboto install from the updater. I have no idea how many ROMs have this, but Warm has the long-press volume with screen off to skip songs that great in the car. Good battery too, batter than what I got with CleanROM.

Haven't tried Fresh yet just because I haven't had time, but it was great for the Evo 4G.

The main reason I'm not really pissed about CM7, is that Sense really isn't bad anymore, I'm not trying to replace it. Sense 3.0 is still very usable, just no Wiimote support and no real HDMI/MHL support.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

900ftjesus posted:

The main reason I'm not really pissed about CM7, is that Sense really isn't bad anymore, I'm not trying to replace it. Sense 3.0 is still very usable, just no Wiimote support and no real HDMI/MHL support.

Yeah, Sense is pretty keen, though I'd kill a man to be able to replace the pull-to-unlock ring with a lawnmower pullstarter handle (with rope, I'd only maim a dude if you couldn't animate the rope).

What do you mean about the Sense launcher being green (or a lot less with launcherpro)? I've only got the notification-bar icons, admin-type-window borders and overscroll flash in green. Also the bigass ugly icon for the phone option in the launcher, but it's allowable given the other perks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent
Jul 20, 2004
Steal the warm wind tired friend

Apple customers are always the worst when it comes to cellphones. You'll have good and lovely with anything, but Apple outweighs the lovely, entitled customers 10:1. They're either young kids with Daddy's credit card, or rich trophy wife with Daddy's credit card. Everyone else seems pretty chill for the most part.

I dreaded every iPhone launch. Luckily I don't work at Best Buy Mobile anymore, so I didn't have to deal with the 4s fiasco.