Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Well, that's different:

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/2683715438.html

As long as it has a built motor and trans that is pretty cool. If that is the stock D16 its on borrowed time if supercharged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

2ndclasscitizen posted:

That is not entirely terrible.

Yeah, I see no problem with this.
Remove lovely integra front and bodywork and we have a winner.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I would really like to have this:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/2688134388.html

quote:

1999 / 2000 / 2001 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport / 2.5 RS - $8800 (Tacoma)
Date: 2011-11-06, 8:19AM PST

WTS/T my CLEAN with CLEAN TITLE!
"Willing" not MUST or HAVE to

Late Year (9/99) 1999 Impreza Outback Sport 5 speed
\ 2001 2.5rs conversion little over 87,000 miles

WTT For a Manual: 2001+ Legacy GT Sedan, 2002+ Forester, 2002+ Impreza sedan
Or something else but nothing under the year 2000. I dont care much if its clean/rebuilt/salvaged
No thank you to anything American / VW or any Civic / Integra / Prelude
Please dont call with trades.
Text me @ 253 267 9423 or email me
Text or Email Me Pictures, Year, Make, Model, Mileage, Color, Title (Clean Salvaged Rebuild), Engine/Transmission Type.

BTW This OBS (OutBack Sport) Impreza is worth more than any 2.5Rs Coupe Sedan of the same year. 1999 - 2001 KBB
2001 Impreza 2.5Rs Coupe 5,970 PP and 7,395 Dealer 87k Miles
2001 Impreza 2.5Rs Sedan 5,460 PP and 6,885 Dealer 87k Miles
2001 Impreza Outback Sport 6,140 PP and 7,590 Dealer 87k Miles

No point to spam the rest you get the picture.

All modifications / upgrades / swaps have been done by me for me, I Own and Manage an Automotive Repair Shop. No Cut corners no BS, everything is always done right.

I bought it as a daily driver over a year and a half ago. Have since taken good care of the car and changed a lot of things to my liking.
All the maintiance is done until 105k miles (excluding oil changes, Air Filter recharge, that gets done every 3k and 12k)

I didnt like the 2 tone so I had the car repainted with custom paint. (White with blue metallic)

Didnt like having to down shift up hills so I got the 2.5rs swap. Engine had 73k Miles on it when I got it over 87k now.

Didnt Like the White Wheels so Sand Blasted them, now trying to figure out what Color to Paint them.
Will also be sand blasting the 2003 Front spindles/calipers and painting them some color so they dont rust Before I install them.

The bad things that you might want to change:
3 Windows have scratches which would need to be replaced if you want flawless windows
The carpet around the drivers clutch pedal foot rest has a hole
Trunk carpet/mat is really dirty. (looking for a replacement and a cargo mat cover)
Its got a really Old alpine stereo. (good thing about an old stereo is no one wants to steal it)

Mods/Upgrades:

Clifford Alarm
Window Tint (10/25/2011)
Nice Eclipse Speakers Front and Rear doors
OLD Alpine Deck (So old the lettering on the buttons has worn off but it still works GREAT!)
Ipod and Aux Input (So old it doesnt support/charge Ipod touch or any Iphone, the Aux works great for those)
2001 2.5rs Floor Mats
The floor has been insulated to reduce road noise (9/30/11)
Trunk pull over cover
2001 2.5rs Speedo/Tach
2001 2.5rs Underdash Main Harness

2005 2.5rs UEL Headers (Will include stock Headers with the sale)
2001 2.5rs Short ram intake
2001 2.5rs Engine
2001 2.5rs ECU
2001 2.5rs Engine Harness
2001 2.5rs Hydro Clutch Including Pedals and brakets, all sand blasted and painted to not rust. (not installed yet)

2001 2.5rs Front Bumper Cover
2001 2.5rs Bumper Reinforcer
2001 2.5rs Fog Lights
GC8 Impreza Fog Light Covers painted to match the car.
2001 2.5rs Side Skirts
HID 3000k/Yellow Fog Light Kit
2005 2.5rs complete exhaust with cats
2003 WRX Rims with new tires, rims were painted white by the previous owner newer tires (brand new in September 2011).
2003 WRX Rear Disc brake Conversion, new rear pads/e-brake shoes
2003 WRX Front Disc Brake Spindles, with Rebuilt Calipers, new pads, and new rotors (not installed yet)

Maintenance done:
Front and Rear KYB Struts 20k miles ago.
At 60k Miles on the engine the previous owner had the Timing belt, Water Pump, Clutch, and Head Gaskets replaced
Rear Main Seal 4k Miles ago
New Coil, Spark Plugs and Spark Plug Wires 10/1/11
Clock Spring 9/30/11
New Front o2 Sensor and Rear o2 Sensor 10/28/11
Front Drivers Side Axle Boot 10/19/11

Car comes with: (also selling off the below parts)
1999 2.5rs Underdash Main Harness (Parts only / missing connectors Unless you wanna fix it)
1999 2.2 Outback Sport Underdash Main Harness (Original 5speed harness from this car its cali emmissions so no MAF Sensor )
2003 WRX Dash with passenger side airbag
2003 WRX Underdash Main Harness
2004 2.5 RS HVAC units with Blower Motor
2004 2.5rs Door Cards (they look great on my car with the doors closed but too many gaps with the doors open so didnt install them)
2004 2.5rs ecu
2004 2.5rs Impreza Speedo Assembily

Thanks For Looking!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

The surprisingly nice fit is part of the "appeal," I'd say. It doesn't look as imbalanced as it could be.

ack! posted:

Eh, it's nice but it's not a great price. Unless you really really love OBSs.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

kimbo305 posted:

The surprisingly nice fit is part of the "appeal," I'd say. It doesn't look as imbalanced as it could be.

Eh, it's nice but it's not a great price. Unless you really really love OBSs.

Yea the fit is impressive. Kudos for that, but if you're going through all that trouble why not make it look good?

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yea the fit is impressive. Kudos for that, but if you're going through all that trouble why not make it look good?

It definitely does look good to the owner and thats all that matters most of the time.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Aceshighxxx posted:

I'd never seen one of these before, but now I want it. Mid-engined, RWD, looks awesome. The only way it could possibly be better is with a 5-speed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE...=item4ab06fabcc

Urgh, I've driven at least 60,000 miles in them and never want to see another one as long as I live.

They actually still sell them new in my (fast becoming third world) country, virtually unchanged since 1986 - http://www.mmnz.co.nz/l300/

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I dunno, I kinda like the Integra front. Works for me.

Rest of the bodykit is poo poo though.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
How many screens is to many?

This is too many.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2652778434.html

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Bang Me Please posted:

It definitely does look good to the owner and thats all that matters most of the time.

Yea, I realized this after I posted. This was the first thing I thought of:

not black enough posted:

Automotive Insanity: You can only have fun with your car the way I want you to.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I dunno, I kinda like the Integra front. Works for me.

Rest of the bodykit is poo poo though.
and agreed that the 'teg front isn't really the problem, it's the sideskirts and that rear.
Though I do like the del sol front end better.

Tai-Pan posted:

How many screens is to many?

This is too many.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2652778434.html
I'm sure everyone is thinking it, but I'll be first to say it.
Houston, we have a problem.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

kimbo305 posted:

Well, that's different:

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/2683715438.html

I'm amazed he isn't asking some insane price for it.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yea, I realized this after I posted. This was the first thing I thought of:

and agreed that the 'teg front isn't really the problem, it's the sideskirts and that rear.
Though I do like the del sol front end better.

I'm sure everyone is thinking it, but I'll be first to say it.
Houston, we have a problem.

Actually I was thinking, "How about a nice game of Chess?"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290629944975+&viewitem

I laughed at the "sell one like this" link.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Mighty Horse posted:

Watch it turn out to be a hacked up body kit sitting on a riding lawnmower

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

At $100,000 get your bid in - here's one going n the UK for £125,000: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-4x4-RS200-/150594872663?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2310276557

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/2692550721.html

Wait, what?

Has body dents and bullet hole

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007

Mighty Horse posted:

Seriously.
Usually these guys say "15K INVESTED! LQQK~~~~'

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

MalleusDei posted:

Has body dents and bullet hole

Sadly, that's not a rare thing around my area.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

On a 5 year old sports car? :psyduck:

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011

ack! posted:

Don't really know what to say about this. He is selling a hacked up OBS with a yawn inducing 2.5RS setup for....almost 9k??? Maybe its just me but id rather pick up a 2.5RS for less than that or try to find a decent WRX swapped RS or wagon.

I know this is neither here or there, but I just passed up a 1996 GC8 STi with 75k kms for 4500...

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290629944975+&viewitem

GOD this is beautiful.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Monstertruck posted:

Don't really know what to say about this. He is selling a hacked up OBS with a yawn inducing 2.5RS setup for....almost 9k??? Maybe its just me but id rather pick up a 2.5RS for less than that or try to find a decent WRX swapped RS or wagon.

I know this is neither here or there, but I just passed up a 1996 GC8 STi with 75k kms for 4500...

True. I guess what caught me is that it's just something different and seemed to be done by someone competent and caring taking a few different types of cars and making something out of it. Guess that's why it's gold to me. I'd never spend that amount of money for it, though, but just have appreciation. I'm terrible at maintaining my cars let alone improving/modifying them. This just came up, too:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2688524142.html

quote:

Modified 1993 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan - $5500 (Mountlake Terrace)

This car runs like a freaking charm, I just don't have time to dedicate to making it more awesome.

EJ22T w/ Weisco stroker kit bored and stroked to 2.38
vf-39 Turbo
06 WRX Intercooler
JDM WRX 4.11 Manual Tranny
ACT clutch setup
4.11 VLSD rear diff
EJ20G manifold
DOHC heads
04 WRX struts with eibach Pro-Kit springs
Custom Fuel Injection System
Custom Intake w/K&N cone
440cc STi injectors
turboXS exhaust
03 WRX front and rear seats
05 WRX bronze rims and tires
EDM glass headlights
BPV off of Y-pipe running steady 10psi of boost.

Let's be real here, it is a 1993 Subaru-- 18 years old-- she has aged a bit on the outside. But, don't let that fool you. All of the modifications to this car makes her worth every single penny. Email for more information, and let's work out a deal.

Still too much for what I'd spend, but an interesting car.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No pictures so I'll just quote the ad.

quote:

1964 MGB - Huge Project - Trades Possible

This car has a clean Washington title.

I have a project pull-handle MGB, completely blown apart, with the usual MGB rust. Needs everything.

* Original 3-main engine
* Original non-OD 3-main gearbox
* Wire wheels, banjo axle
* Aluminum hood

Nothing runs, nor has it run in decades. I was going to put this car back together as an exercise to learn how to weld but I have a million projects and don't really want to store this any longer. It's been inside for five years but spent a long time outside before that.

This car would be the perfect compliment to your vintage race MGB, or your clean but without-title body shell.

HUGE PROJECT. Just to be clear.

No photos, imagine a body tub with a million parts piled inside of it, none of it pretty.

I'd be willing to trade for tools, or other British car or bike stuff, that sort of thing.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

at least this dude is honest posted:

I'd be willing to trade for...other British car or bike stuff, that sort of thing.

So clearly he's into masochism. Maybe he would trade the car for a good whipping?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

this is actually the perfect thing for my neighbor. He's got 2 or 3 MGB race cars.
Too bad it's completely across the country.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Well, at least he's honest. Out of curiosity, how much was he asking for it? Was it realistic like free or next to free for enthusiast or $6000?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I believe it was sub a grand, id have to check my computer when I get home later today.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

I believe it was sub a grand, id have to check my computer when I get home later today.

If I had a garage I would be calling that man immediately. Please note that british roadsters in various states of disassembly are a fine tradition in my family. My father has had a MGC that hasn't been in running shape since 1982.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2703123111.html

quote:

2005 freightliner century class $19,000 obo good working truck and its ready to work , detroit engine 60 series 455 hp 10 sp 858xxx miles i have the title , its all private sale ,,,, NO sales tax involved
I'll be honest: I know nothing about large trucks. I'd always thought they cost a lot more than that though, even at 6+ years old. Is 858k miles considered high? Is the ten speed a good box? Is it really worth $19k?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I think most of these are cases of clumsy hunters with rifles in their hands riding around in the back/bed, not shootouts.

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011

ack! posted:

True. I guess what caught me is that it's just something different and seemed to be done by someone competent and caring taking a few different types of cars and making something out of it. Guess that's why it's gold to me. I'd never spend that amount of money for it, though, but just have appreciation. I'm terrible at maintaining my cars let alone improving/modifying them. This just came up, too:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2688524142.html

Still too much for what I'd spend, but an interesting car.

I paint this black with some gold STi BBS. Interesting car for sure, but I agree. Too much for my blood, considering it is kind of a hack job car.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Alberta.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260886390038#ht_500wt_1413

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
That Hummer doesn't tell you what it is as much as punch you in the face with its name. :bravo:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

In fairness, with that engine and suspension, it does look like it would be a lot of fun to play in snow drifts with that thing. At least for the 15 minutes it takes to crack the chassis.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
It's a good thing he has those "Hummer H2" mudflaps, I thought it was a Honda Civic at first glance!

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

el topo posted:

It's a good thing he has those "Hummer H2" mudflaps, I thought it was a Honda Civic at first glance!

Confusion between it and other vehicles is understandable, since apparently it's a "Super Duty" Hummer.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Stupid wheels, 211k miles, and an auto, but...where's the rust? :stare: What kind of sorcery did this person employ to keep an '80s Honda from turning to dust in the Northeast?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/2704104277.html

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Oh Alberta...

Jesus gently caress if you can afford to spend that goddamn much money on a truck and mods, then I would hope you can spell "vehicle".

I mean holy poo poo.

Timmy Cruise fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 19, 2011

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I found this last week. I want this car badly, and have e-mailed the guy three times this past week. No response.

Now when I search for it, it can't be found...yet when I click on the e-mail link, it comes up. What gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

PainterofCrap posted:

I found this last week. I want this car badly, and have e-mailed the guy three times this past week. No response.

Now when I search for it, it can't be found...yet when I click on the e-mail link, it comes up. What gives?

It's three years past a rotisserie restoration, but there's rust on the rocker panel? :confused:

Great price, though.