Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

prefect posted:

(I quit listening to the Stern show earlier this year, cold turkey.) Does anybody know if Howard's had anything to say about the Penn State child-molesting business? I remember hearing about how Beth's brothers went to Penn State and they loved "Joepa" and that kind of thing; was wondering if that came up.

Thanks.

About what you'd expect. They did a hypothetical situation where Robin walked in on Jason Kaplan molesting a little boy and decided that she'd be wrong to not go to the police, also why was she in the men's showers. Said it was obviously devastating to Beth and anyone close with Penn State.

e: Hadn't heard the morning's show when I posted this, the first 20 minutes were all about the whole Sandusky/Joepa thing. He said all the people who were holding candlelight vigils or holding up "We love you Joe!" signs at the Penn State games were complete loons, and goofed on all the details coming from the case, like how Sandusky had a rock thrown through his window which overlooks an elementary school.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Yes! The Nick & Artie show is coming to Sirius XM: http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/artie-lange-s-new-show-coming-to-xm-radio-1

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Good news about Artie!

Now, some bad news. Beth is coming in to promote that stupid calendar, next segment.

geera
May 20, 2003
Howard just announced they're doing 4-days a week in December (adding Thursday back). Do they usually take 2 weeks off for Christmas?

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted

geera posted:

Howard just announced they're doing 4-days a week in December (adding Thursday back). Do they usually take 2 weeks off for Christmas?
So they're working 8 days for the month instead of 6, wow.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I wish the guy that always called in to ask "Hey Imus, when's Diedre's book coming out" still called in.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geera posted:

Will they be in the week of the 19th? If not, they will be off the week before which is way over two weeks. Is the 4-day a week thing in response to that?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Yes! The Nick & Artie show is coming to Sirius XM: http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/artie-lange-s-new-show-coming-to-xm-radio-1

geera posted:

Still not enough to get me to renew when my subscription expires in a month.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Still not enough to get me to renew when my subscription expires in a month.

Yes, but enough for me to drop the "Best of Sirius" package when I renew the XM in my car. Can't wait to tell the phone rep why. :)

geera
May 20, 2003

Kelly posted:

Will they be in the week of the 19th? If not, they will be off the week before which is way over two weeks. Is the 4-day a week thing in response to that?
My guess is that they're out the week of the 19th for a 2-week vacation. So yeah, the Thursday thing is probably a response to only working 6 days the whole month. He kind of threw out the comment that it was for all the people that complain about his schedule when he announced it today (which wasn't even done as a big announcement, just something mentioned during conversation).

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geera posted:

My guess is that they're out the week of the 19th for a 2-week vacation. So yeah, the Thursday thing is probably a response to only working 6 days the whole month. He kind of threw out the comment that it was for all the people that complain about his schedule when he announced it today (which wasn't even done as a big announcement, just something mentioned during conversation).

GEE THANKS HOWARD FOR GIVING PEOPLE WHAT THEY PAID FOR.

I should really just cancel my Best of Sirius. But I know the second I do, something worth listening to will happen.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
When I cancelled Artie stabbed himself a week later.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

I'd hate to see what happens if you renew

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
I thought nothing could make me nostalgic for the days of "You see Robin...theres this SIM card thing, and I'm going to revolutionize..."

And then I heard cat chat with Hamptons Howie. Seriously? A show that once had a tickle chair and a robo spanker has become "...And my cat Walter, he has such personality, I just love cats.."

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Alkaphanel posted:

I thought nothing could make me nostalgic for the days of "You see Robin...theres this SIM card thing, and I'm going to revolutionize..."

And then I heard cat chat with Hamptons Howie. Seriously? A show that once had a tickle chair and a robo spanker has become "...And my cat Walter, he has such personality, I just love cats.."

I'm kind of offended that my friend Sam Simon said 3 is the tipping point to hoarding cats!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Kelly posted:

Good news about Artie!

Now, some bad news. Beth is coming in to promote that stupid calendar, next segment.

My favorite part about the calendar promotion was Howard crowing about how he tried to capture each month in the pictures. What an innovator!

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
During the interview with Beth she let slip that America's Got Talent has already given Howard a proposed schedule for the show so he's definitely in talks for that job. The American Idol thing was all rumors and speculation but it seems like this one is for real.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.

Brocktoon posted:

My favorite part about the calendar promotion was Howard crowing about how he tried to capture each month in the pictures. What an innovator!

Did Beth's entire personality come off as extremely.. cloying and desperate? She's so in need of validation that when Howard said "oh yeah so the wildlife center approached us with making a calend--" Beth cuts in "Actually it was *my* idea since you were photographing me every second, any way."

Yikes.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Kelly posted:

GEE THANKS HOWARD FOR GIVING PEOPLE WHAT THEY PAID FOR.

I should really just cancel my Best of Sirius. But I know the second I do, something worth listening to will happen.

You won't miss a thing

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Alkaphanel posted:

He's just getting old man, soon we won't be able to tell where his impersonation of his parents stops and when he starts.

Everyone gets soft as they "mature".

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

CortezFantastic posted:

You won't miss a thing

This is the truth. I cancelled when Artie left and I don't miss it one bit. I get my Stern fix from this thread and Marksfriggin. Music is everywhere nowadays with Pandora, Spotify, etc. Save your money and cancel.

Plus you can just download the Artie show on put that on your ipod or whatever.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

When I cancelled nothing happened what so ever. :-/

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Oh my god, listening to Wednesday's show, and hearing Robin's news story about the "Doo-ghaars" having their 20t child.

She is the worst newscaster ever.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Brocktoon posted:

Oh my god, listening to Wednesday's show, and hearing Robin's news story about the "Doo-ghaars" having their 20t child.

She is the worst newscaster ever.

Yesterday she was convinced you could be President for more than two terms as long as they weren't consecutive.

Also when she first reported the Paterno thing a week ago, it sounded like she was literally reading the article for the first time as she was saying it.

"This thing happened at Penn State...uh...the coach there is under fire for...um...there was another coach that was accused of doing something with kids..."

qbert fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 15, 2011

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Moniker posted:

When I cancelled nothing happened what so ever. :-/

When my dad canceled, they continued to bill him anyway and threatened to take him to collections. He told them to get hosed in so many words.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

When my dad canceled, they continued to bill him anyway and threatened to take him to collections. He told them to get hosed in so many words.

I had something like this happen. When I bought a new car it had XM in dash and they kept charging me for the Sportster I had previously. It was just a couple months, but it was of course the principle of the matter.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

qbert posted:

Yesterday she was convinced you could be President for more than two terms as long as they weren't consecutive.

Also when she first reported the Paterno thing a week ago, it sounded like she was literally reading the article for the first time as she was saying it.

"This thing happened at Penn State...uh...the coach there is under fire for...um...there was another coach that was accused of doing something with kids..."

This happens literally everyday. It sounds like papers are rustling during the news segment and she is always trying to get poo poo together. All you need is a piece of paper with the article printed on it, highlighted with any interesting facts that the audience might be interested in. It's not a hard job. For someone who only has one task and that's to give the news, she really isn't doing a very good job of it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

dyn posted:

This happens literally everyday. It sounds like papers are rustling during the news segment and she is always trying to get poo poo together. All you need is a piece of paper with the article printed on it, highlighted with any interesting facts that the audience might be interested in. It's not a hard job. For someone who only has one task and that's to give the news, she really isn't doing a very good job of it.

Doesn't she have interns do it for her?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Keep in mind Robin "prepares" for the news each day during the show. It takes her 3 hours to prepare for 20 minutes worth of news.

As soon as I heard Beth was on the show today I changed the channel to music. He's become Imus in every possible way.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

CapnPyro posted:

Did Beth's entire personality come off as extremely.. cloying and desperate? She's so in need of validation that when Howard said "oh yeah so the wildlife center approached us with making a calend--" Beth cuts in "Actually it was *my* idea since you were photographing me every second, any way."

Yikes.

Beth had her own career and made her own money before Howard, what are you talking about?

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum
Wonder if they played any of the Artie clips making fun of Chaz/Chastity Bono for her/his appearance today.

Talk about awkward.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Bonzo posted:

Doesn't matter, they never talked about it except to say "we love Artie and we hope he gets better" when a caller brought it up.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Former Human posted:

Doesn't matter, they never talked about it except to say "we love Artie and we hope he gets better" when a caller brought it up.

Yeah why doesn't that lazy rear end in a top hat send Lisa G over there to grill him or something!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah why doesn't that lazy rear end in a top hat send Lisa G over there to grill him or something!

Lisa Glassboig is way more pathetic and lonely.

Canned soup for one and five cats, I think we all know who should have turned a knife on themselves.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I had a dream that Howard was interviewing Artie and the conversation somehow veered to "We miss you, we wish you could come back" and Artie was like "Well, can I come back!?" and Howard was like "Hell yeah!"

What a dream :smith:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

Lisa Glassboig is way more pathetic and lonely.

Canned soup for one and five cats, I think we all know who should have turned a knife on themselves.

What are you talking about? When she is 50 that 21 year old hunk she has been interested in will totally change his mind, love cats and mildly inoffensive humor and be interested in having one a month, boring sex with her when she feels like it.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

What are you talking about? When she is 50 that 21 year old hunk she has been interested in will totally change his mind, love cats and mildly inoffensive humor and be interested in having one a month, boring sex with her when she feels like it.

I thought her only requirements were rich and jewish.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I thought her only requirements were rich and jewish.

I think it was Jason Kaplan who said the back office had figured out what she wanted was a "Jewish Kennedy".

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

godzirraRAWR posted:

Wonder if they played any of the Artie clips making fun of Chaz/Chastity Bono for her/his appearance today.

Talk about awkward.

Or footage from when Howard ripped on the news footage of him shaving his neckbeard.

I reached for the dial when I started to hear the replay of Chaz in studio. I leave work at 4PM PST though and there isnt a hell of a lot else on. I gave it a shot and it was mildly interesting. He was on a top reality show, generated a lot of mainstream controversy/buzz, so I actually think this is a pretty big get for an interview.

The ~40 minutes of it that I heard didnt center too much around DWTS, covered a lot of interesting things about Chaz's upbringing, and handled the gender transition pretty well. I even thought about the thread when I got home, I have something that isnt completely hateful towards the show to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

prefect posted:

I think it was Jason Kaplan who said the back office had figured out what she wanted was a "Jewish Kennedy".

well that's not too much to ask.

A frigid nebish, that's what all the rich, hot guys are looking for!

chiz fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 16, 2011