Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Groghammer posted:

Re:Sentinel, I think they only removed the ability to Rocket Punch xx HSF when doing an OTG.

and does it even matter in the end? Sentinel fly/unfly combos take you from mid-screen to any corner, and instead of HSF you just do Rocket Punch L xx Plasma Storm... no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Cat Machine posted:

I'm a pig disgusting eurotrash and I've had it since yesterday :D :D

That's cheating

LightningKimba posted:

Tap Direction + Atk.

Cheers dude!!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I was using Wesker/Morrigan/Hawkeye on the PS3 side, but I had to switch Wesker out for Doom in one set after I dropped a game because I needed to keep Nemesis busy and Weskers gunshot wasn't doing enough

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Cinroth posted:

That's cheating

My friend just told me he got his copy from shopto.net and they shipped the game on Monday and it arrived today so I chewed him out for not telling me earlier :argh:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Is there a guide or list anywhere that explains what the moonspeak characters for the License icon mean? I mean yeah it's nerdy, but there might be a cool word in there I might wanna use... if I knew what the hell any of them meant

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Can anyone explain what the gimmick is with Frank and his photography? It's likely something simple and stupid I'm missing but it seems to take for frigging ever to get him to level up.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

The more hits you do in a combo, the more exp you get towards his next level. 1 hit = 1 exp when taking the photo. I think his levels go like this 2 = 5xp, 3 = 25xp, 4 = 50xp, 5 = 100xp. So if you get a 25 hit combo at the start of the round and then take a photo, you'll get to level 3.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Calihan posted:

Can anyone explain what the gimmick is with Frank and his photography? It's likely something simple and stupid I'm missing but it seems to take for frigging ever to get him to level up.

The combo counter is how many PP you get when you take a picture, so a 20 hit combo ended by the Camera is equal to 21 PP (the camera counts as a hit).

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Can anyone tell me if any of novas assists have invulnerable properties on them?

I saw his Centurion Arts assist hit cap out of Charging Star, so maybe the kick part of it has some.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

The more hits you do in a combo, the more exp you get towards his next level. 1 hit = 1 exp when taking the photo. I think his levels go like this 2 = 5xp, 3 = 25xp, 4 = 50xp, 5 = 100xp. So if you get a 25 hit combo at the start of the round and then take a photo, you'll get to level 3.

Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I'm guessing drinking the wine before hand gives him a bonus to that (He makes different comments when snapping shots after it).

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, drinking gives you double exp for a limited time but makes Frank throw up after it runs out.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Calihan posted:

Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I'm guessing drinking the wine before hand gives him a bonus to that (He makes different comments when snapping shots after it).

Yeah it doubles the PP you get, but remember after ten real life seconds Frank will throw up and he is completely vulnerable while this happens, but getting him off screen before will stop that from happening.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Asked this earlier, don't think anyone responded.

If two people are playing locally Vs. mode, and they each have a save file with their profile/reserve teams, can they both use their own separate teams? I hated in MvC3 that the only reserve teams you could use were the 1st players.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Odd effect for the wine. I would of thought it would restore health or something.

Oh well thanks again for the info.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Calihan posted:

Odd effect for the wine. I would of thought it would restore health or something.

Oh well thanks again for the info.

Funny enough, Frank's "drink wine" assist gives a third of a bar of hyper meter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just to preface this, I am literally the worst mvc player to have ever existed, as was quite thoroughly proven to me in the tournament last night. Like the purpose of my existence is to be bad at mvc. That being said, whoever created mashable supers and anyone who likes them needs to be shot. Who in god's name thought they were a good idea? If they wanted to boost damage for whatever characters' hypers, just loving boost their damage.

Yes I'm salty that the one time I managed to combo into a Trish super I started mashing and accidentally x factored before it fired even one shot. And man it's going to take a while to get used to not being able to block in air dashes and just the pace of the game in general.

VVVV Well obviously, but that doesn't make them not dumb. Seriously they're almost as dumb of an idea as the new life bar placement.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 16, 2011

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

chumbler posted:

Yes I'm salty that the one time I managed to combo into a Trish super I started mashing and accidentally x factored before it fired even one shot.

Don't mash all four buttons, duh.

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
With the release of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, I want to start training to get into EVO next year. I'm not saying I'm great at this game, but I am trying to be with match experience and by putting work in the lab.

Any chance you goons out there can be my online training partners or even just get in matches and all that? I could really use it since my friends aren't at the level where it'd be like facing tourney caliber players. Hell even some casuals are better than my friends at this game. I have the Xbox version of the game and my GT is DeeApeEscape.

I'll also be streaming my matches and setting up endless lobbies while I'm at work. If you want to tune in to my progress or even to see my get my butt kicked just check out twitch.tv/deeapeescape.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Not sure what your button setup is, but mine is set to the top 3 buttons are A-B-C and my thumb is on S. I just mash with my fingers.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
I'll play you on xbl. I'll play anyone on xbl really. Gamertag: Mountain Smithy. Just let me know.

Re:mashing. You only need to hit like two buttons constantly, there is no reason for you to x factor.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

ApeEscape posted:

With the release of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, I want to start training to get into EVO next year. I'm not saying I'm great at this game, but I am trying to be with match experience and by putting work in the lab.

Any chance you goons out there can be my online training partners or even just get in matches and all that? I could really use it since my friends aren't at the level where it'd be like facing tourney caliber players. Hell even some casuals are better than my friends at this game. I have the Xbox version of the game and my GT is DeeApeEscape.

I'll also be streaming my matches and setting up endless lobbies while I'm at work. If you want to tune in to my progress or even to see my get my butt kicked just check out twitch.tv/deeapeescape.

You should definitely hang out in the irc channel, #goonsgarden on irc.synirc.net

We got people in there all the time and some of them are pretty good players, plus plenty more (like me) who aren't great at the game yet but wanna get better.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

ApeEscape posted:

You don't need to train to get into Evo. You just need to pay, it's not an invitational. You'll want to train if you want to go and have a slight chance of winning. But in reality, if you're looking to go to Evo and make some noise, you need to find your local tournament scene, if such a thing exists in your area. Online and Offline are worlds apart.

Or just move to NorCal and pitch up a tent next to where they hold Wednesday Night Fights.

E: This is not to say to not do what Trykt just mentioned and play goons in #goonsgarden, because that's a fun thing to do.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

chumbler posted:

Just to preface this, I am literally the worst mvc player to have ever existed, as was quite thoroughly proven to me in the tournament last night. Like the purpose of my existence is to be bad at mvc. That being said, whoever created mashable supers and anyone who likes them needs to be shot. Who in god's name thought they were a good idea? If they wanted to boost damage for whatever characters' hypers, just loving boost their damage.

Yes I'm salty that the one time I managed to combo into a Trish super I started mashing and accidentally x factored before it fired even one shot. And man it's going to take a while to get used to not being able to block in air dashes and just the pace of the game in general.

VVVV Well obviously, but that doesn't make them not dumb. Seriously they're almost as dumb of an idea as the new life bar placement.

Set one of your unused buttons to L+M+H and activate its turbo.

If you're dead set against that, you can either hold S with one hand while mashing to avoid accidental X-Factor, or you can just rapidly tap between L+M+H and H on the default stick setup.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Or just move to NorCal and pitch up a tent next to where they hold Wednesday Night Fights.

SoCal. Though you would be okay in NorCal's scene too.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Oh hey, Combofiend and Fanatiq ran a set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfrWYrXNrTA

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Anybody know if they'll be playing this at Wednesday Night Fights tonight? Seems like they would, right?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Of course they will.

Also I live in norcal and have yet to attend any local tournies or even casuals. I should probably start doing that.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
I should, too. Maybe when I'm not busy with college.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The bay area is norcal. Actual Northern California is basically all Oregon as far as I'm concerned.

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Is there a complete description of the X-Factor changes anywhere online?

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
Awesome, I'll definitely check out #goonsgarden.

I do understand that offline and online are worlds apart, but it's more the match experience over anything else for me. I don't have that with my friends.

Thanks goons!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

kaujot posted:

Oh hey, Combofiend and Fanatiq ran a set.

I really want to see Combo keep Nemesis, but I have a feeling he'll drop him after a month. The character just looks too easy to blow up, and he doesn't have a hulk H as far as I know.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Gamest Mook posted:

If you don't mind me taking about an hour to type it, I could list down everything about X-Factor that's in the guide.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Countblanc posted:

I really want to see Combo keep Nemesis, but I have a feeling he'll drop him after a month. The character just looks too easy to blow up, and he doesn't have a hulk H as far as I know.

Yeah, Nemesis just... sucks? :( I mean he doesn't really do anything well at all...

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Yeah, Nemesis just... sucks? :( I mean he doesn't really do anything well at all...
He can take a projectile super to the face like a champion.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Gamest Mook posted:

It's not live on the site yet, but the SRK Guide lists X-Factor damage and duration.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Dre2Dee2 posted:

His damage is nuts and he has sick resets. You just haven't seen anyone use them yet.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Agreed. Thor kicks rear end.

Brosnan posted:

His damage is nuts and he has sick resets. You just haven't seen anyone use them yet.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Niddhogg posted:

Agreed. Thor kicks rear end.

I actually compared him to Thor on IRC, only hopefully not lovely. :smug:

btw why'd you duck the tourney??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Got to play three rounds with Viscant. It was going all right until I lost horribly.

• Locked thread