Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

kaujot posted:

Oh hey, Combofiend and Fanatiq ran a set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfrWYrXNrTA

That's absolutely hilarious that Combo was literally winning with just Hawkeye and Spencer the first few sets. Spot some free meter for Fanatiq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Yeah, Nemesis just... sucks? :( I mean he doesn't really do anything well at all...

actually hes top tier.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tae posted:

That's absolutely hilarious that Combo was literally winning with just Hawkeye and Spencer the first few sets. Spot some free meter for Fanatiq.

Fanatiq's saltiness was funny as well. I'll miss Combofiend's Vanilla team though. So many epic moments. :(

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Nova seems like a fun character! Anyone know the details behind his powered up QCF specials? Like, projectile durability, when L and M wall bounce, etc.… I'd check myself if my strategy guide wasn't arriving next month.

Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.
I got completely bodied by Nova and Vergil in ranked matches last night. Playing trenchcoated characters is against my religion but thankfully playing cosmic cops isn't. Gotta learn that Nova.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Anybody have any initial impressions of Ghost Rider? I'd like to use him because he's metal as gently caress and I like his OTG assists, but he seems like kind of a one trick pony on point and I can't see people falling for his bullshit very long. I also seem to have trouble with some of his basic stuff like linking jumping S into standing heavy or timing standing heavy after a wall bounce. Do you guys think he'll be worth polishing or should I move on?

The team I'm hoping to run is Wright/Rider/Dorm. Ofcourse it's gonna be gimmicky with Wright involved. Dorm is there because I want his Dark Hole assist to cover for Wright looking for evidence and he's also metal as gently caress. I'd really like Ghost Rider to have a role in there but I'm having doubts.

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz
I'm glad part of your reason for choosing characters is that they are metal as gently caress.

Consider picking Sentinel. He's pretty much all metal, all the time. As gently caress.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Bosushi! posted:

Anybody have any initial impressions of Ghost Rider? I'd like to use him because he's metal as gently caress and I like his OTG assists, but he seems like kind of a one trick pony on point and I can't see people falling for his bullshit very long. I also seem to have trouble with some of his basic stuff like linking jumping S into standing heavy or timing standing heavy after a wall bounce. Do you guys think he'll be worth polishing or should I move on?

The team I'm hoping to run is Wright/Rider/Dorm. Ofcourse it's gonna be gimmicky with Wright involved. Dorm is there because I want his Dark Hole assist to cover for Wright looking for evidence and he's also metal as gently caress. I'd really like Ghost Rider to have a role in there but I'm having doubts.

I'm currently using Nova/Rider/Wright (Dick and the Nicks). Missile Assist + Nova = Unblockable Village. Missile Assist + Ghost Rider = Unblockable City. Nova Overhead Assist + Ghost Rider = gently caress Mountain.

Nova does incredibly well with assists that cover a lot of horizontal space, mainly because his airdashes go fullscreen. Ghost Rider can turn any fullscreen unblockable into 500k. That's not much, but it's a start.

Also, NecroMonster, thanks. I can't be damned to do a flight cancel combo under pressure for 50k more damage, but I can sure as hell do a basic relaunch for 30k more.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Bosushi! posted:

One trick pony? Bullshit?

Ghost Rider doesn't have anything like that, he's just all really solid zoning is all.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
So I think Nemesis rocket launcher in the air isn't too bad of a move. It's easy to miss with it of course, but it doesn't take too long to come out and you can blast people that are air dashing towards you out of the sky. Well, that was my experience anyways.

His ground rocket launcher is kinda lovely, it just flies over everything that isn't 'tall'

Also I thought I could make Nemesis down Hard after a command grab, but I couldn't make it connect later last night. Was I hallucinating?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

TaurusOxford posted:

Fanatiq's saltiness was funny as well. I'll miss Combofiend's Vanilla team though. So many epic moments. :(

Yeah, I hope he drops Nemesis for She-Hulk again eventually. His team's synergy was just disgustingly good, and they all had a ton of health.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tae posted:

Funny how he kept picking Nemesis even though it was basically meatshield for the other team to waste meter on. Hawkeye is looking loving sick in everything, he really does make every team better

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Revitalized posted:

So I think Nemesis rocket launcher in the air isn't too bad of a move. It's easy to miss with it of course, but it doesn't take too long to come out and you can blast people that are air dashing towards you out of the sky. Well, that was my experience anyways.

His ground rocket launcher is kinda lovely, it just flies over everything that isn't 'tall'

Also I thought I could make Nemesis down Hard after a command grab, but I couldn't make it connect later last night. Was I hallucinating?

He can connect down hard off of his medium and heavy command grabs but not his light one. His light one's range is pretty short compared to the air grabs and is pretty lack luster over all really.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Broken Loose posted:

I'm currently using Nova/Rider/Wright (Dick and the Nicks).

I have absolutely no idea how you can use Wright as an anchor with no evidence.

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
Had a lot of fun in the tourney last night. It was much more enjoyable than just playing random ranked or player fights. Hopefully I'll be able to participate in the next one.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm more confused about how he claims he has the Nicks but Sentinel is nowhere to be found.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Just had a thought: it's now possible to construct a team of characters who've banged She-Hulk. :allears:

Edit: Since it'll inevitably be asked:

Hawkeye (in the Battleworld alternate reality)
Iron Man (main Earth-616 reality)
Hulk (in the Old Man Logan mini-series).

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 16, 2011

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Countblanc posted:

I'm more confused about how he claims he has the Nicks but Sentinel is nowhere to be found.

Phoenix Wright - Nick
Ghost Rider - Nic Cage
Nova - his first name in the comics is Richard

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

The Midniter posted:

Phoenix Wright - Nick
Ghost Rider - Nic Cage
Nova - his first name in the comics is Richard

Pretty sure he knows that.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

NecroMonster posted:

One trick pony? Bullshit?

Ghost Rider doesn't have anything like that, he's just all really solid zoning is all.

My line of thinking was that Riders jumping S could become the new Tron's jumping C. It'll catch some people when your fishing with it, but people with skill will be looking for it.

Thanks, Broken Loose. I was gonna use Press the Witness for invincible assist shenanigans but I may have to switch to Missle. I still want Phoenix on point to start off, but maybe Wright in second wouldn't be too bad if Rider can take out a character before evidence gathering begins.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

I'm just using him for the assist lol

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Broken Loose posted:

I'm just using him for the assist lol

Might as well just use Felica then. Although there's no good team name out of that I suppose.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hawkeye is looking really strong. Guided Arrow super can counter a lot of stuff and pick up assists since it's so fuckin' fast, that slide is very annoying and can lead to relatively damagng combos, the Scatter Shot super can send people away on block, OTG and combo into Guided Arrow, IIRC, his zoning tools are pretty strong and there's Poison Arrow too. If he's not high-tier, at the very least he'll be one of the most annoying characters in the game.

He's like my dream character, he has a slide that leads to counter-hit setups, a lot of keepaway crap, a really fast projectile super, isn't slow as molasses...the only thing he's missing is Ouroboros, otherwise I'd marry the guy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I wonder if it's just the first week the reason why people aren't using poison instead of ice arrow before using the fast super for Hawkeye.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Might as well just use Felica then. Although there's no good team name out of that I suppose.

A Dick, a pussy, and Ghost Rider.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

I actually considered Felicia, Deadpool, or X-23 for the position, but it's really hard to argue with a low hitting projectile over just lows. Missile has better range, Wright appears behind my point (like Doom does during Plasma Beam assist) which leaves him less vulnerable, and if my opponent attempts to trade with me I have a much better chance of coming out on top.

Plus, Wright has more health and better damage output than any of those characters. And I really hate Felicia's voice. And I already fell for the X-23 trap once and never intend to do that again.

Brother Entropy posted:

A Dick, a pussy, and Ghost Rider.

The other name for the team was "Phoenix's Riders"

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So... in Desk's new combo video PW goes from no evidence, to all evidence, to turnabout mode, to level 3, in the same combo.

:stare:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Veev posted:

He can connect down hard off of his medium and heavy command grabs but not his light one. His light one's range is pretty short compared to the air grabs and is pretty lack luster over all really.

Yeah I just found out in training mode. Oh well. Guess I should learn to completely avoid using his light grab.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Hawkeye is a loving monster. That dude can just cover the loving screen with arrows. Day 1 top tier imo.

My team for right now is Strange/Storm/Sent (Team S+++). It is really really strong and I'm already having more fun than I ever did in vanilla. Here's why this team (and especially Doc Strange) own(s).

For a supposed zoning character, Dr. Strange can be a really hard character to block. You can do jump back L dagger of denak, get hit on the way down only for them to get hit by the dagger and give you a free combo. His teleport is stupid fast and sets up pressure with Sent's drones assist really well. Here's my Dr. Strange bnb for right now:
cr.LM impact palm xx grace of hoggoth (L version midscreen for mixups, M version in corner for relaunch), cr.HS sj.MMHS (in the corner you can get a relaunch if you use M glyph). If you set up with a L glyph you can do flames of the faltine after the sj.S and then teleport for a really tricky solo ambiguous crossup.

Strange and Storm are best friends. They DHC back and forth to each other really really well, and having spell of vishanti DHC hailstorm available helps Strange's (not great) damage output a lot. If Strange is getting rushed down hard and he's about to die, seven rings DHC hailstorm is an awesome oh-poo poo button.

Storm is really loving amazing in UMVC3 simply by virtue of not having been nerfed at all. She has by far the fastest trijump in the game that I know of, and Storm/Sent still have great synergy even without the DHC glitch.

It kinda goes without saying that Sent drones are amazing. It's kind of the ideal horizontal space-control assist for Dr. Strange because they go fullscreen, aren't a true blockstring (is this still true) and don't knock down on hit, which lets the Doc do cool impact palm combos.

I haven't watched any match vids and I don't have the ultimate bible yet, so all this is stuff I found on my own. Does anyone know if Dr. Strange can get a solo relaunch without having to set up a red glyph?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Spell of Vishanti is so awesome. If it wasn't for Hawkeye's Gimlet, I'd say it's the best new hyper :allears:

WeakLad
Aug 30, 2008

Magil of Shadow posted:

So, Amazon finally sent me my DLC code for the "New Age of Heroes" pack....problem is, I use none of the characters in said DLC. Anyone care to make a swap of it?

If you still have the dlc code, I have a femme fatale pack for you. which system?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I got the game but haven't had a chance to play it yet; when are the costume packs available as DLC outside of the redemption codes? Immediately, or is there a future release date?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Does anyone have any tips for controlling air combos with Vergil? Guys are always falling out of my poo poo and I can't discern why...

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

The Rokstar posted:

So... in Desk's new combo video PW goes from no evidence, to all evidence, to turnabout mode, to level 3, in the same combo.

:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkatC5wnb4w

For the record, this combo builds something in the neighborhood of 2.5 meters.

I stand by my position that Phoenix Wright is going to be bananas when this game gets rolling. It doesn't matter how many gimmicks you put in between the game and the players-- when a character has that much power, love will find a way. Frank is going to be almost as if not equally frightening once he gets figured out, too.

Dr. Goodsex
Sep 19, 2010

Notres langues nous trompent.
drat that Hawkeye is too good... definitely a new 2nd on my team.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
After playing him a bit more, I think Iron Fist will be an absolutely beastly character in the right hands. He deals a ton of damage and has some good mixup options when the opponent is cornered by assists.

The guide was wrong on one point though. It says that his Chi power up does not affect his level 3. It does work, but only if you cancel your Chi directly into your level 3, otherwise it runs out near the end. So this is only really possible after you crumple a foe but it does work.

Liking my side team of Iron Fist/Vergil/Spencer.

Cat Machine posted:

Does anyone have any tips for controlling air combos with Vergil? Guys are always falling out of my poo poo and I can't discern why...

Near the end of Vergil combos you tend to run up right near the end of hit-stun deterioration. You can usually go j.H into dj.h with no problems so if you think it's getting a bit long, just end it right there.

What combos are you trying to do?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Why are people comparing Wright to Dark Phoenix? They're like, complete opposites (unless you think "has a powerful mode" means they are identical).

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

AXE COP posted:

Why are people comparing Wright to Dark Phoenix? They're like, complete opposites (unless you think "has a powerful mode" means they are identical).

Because people are sleeping on the former as a worthless gimmick even though he has access to an alternate mode which can allow him to trash any character in the game without effort. Which is exactly what happened to the latter when FTW came out (health is too low, meter is too necessary, just snap her in, etc).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AXE COP posted:

They are both named Phoenix,they both have power up modes and theres a possibility that both will still leave people very bitter about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Hawkeye looks very annoying, and i'm basing that only on that She-hulk like slide kick. I loving hate that slide kick online.

• Locked thread