Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
AAaaaaaa Garr from Breath of Fire 3 is in Strange's ending. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Heath posted:

AAaaaaaa Garr from Breath of Fire 3 is in Strange's ending. :3:

What!? Somebody at capcom actually remembered that series? They didnt even give an alternate style to one of their characters so they would look like Nina or Ryu :(

Souldark
Oct 14, 2003

The music of this handsome warrior once brought one hundred maidens to tears.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111114215223/marvelvscapcom/images/thumb/d/de/Colors22.JPG/830px-Colors22.JPG

Third from the left.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
I can't find a pic or video, but I think Rei cameos in Hawkeye's ending too.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I liked the Jin Saotome cameo in Hawkeye's ending!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Desk, how can you break the game so well so quickly?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

What are Nova's OTG options? I can't seem to get the timing on his forward H right.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What are Nova's OTG options? I can't seem to get the timing on his forward H right.

The f+h should work but you gotta do it fast, otherwise you can do his dpm l special to otg and cancel into super.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

Does anyone have any tips for controlling air combos with Vergil? Guys are always falling out of my poo poo and I can't discern why...

I've found that most of the time you can jump straight up instead of up-forward in Vergil combos since his normals have such long reach. Sometimes it also helps to delay slightly before you jump.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

forward dragon punch L (623L), and forward h (6h) both otg. Depending on combo scaling the dp can be followed up, for another launch. You can only follow it up with a super in the corner. The forward H can be followed up anywhere, but the timing is strict. I find standing H to be the most effective way to continue your combo after that forward H.

Try this bread and butter for Nova, it works anywhere.

M/cr.M, H/cr.H, S, jH, jS, land, forward H, H, S, jM, jM, jH, (quarter circle forward L or M) super. This will do 650k+ depending on if you use the quarter circle L or M, which super you use (use the ball most of the time, unless you've got some red life to burn), and how much red life spend on the quarter circle forward or the beam super.

Here is non-retarded notation for this.

m/2m, h/2h, s, jh, js, 6h, h, s, jm, jm, jh, (236L or M), 623pp or 236pp

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

NecroMonster posted:

forward dragon punch L (623L), and forward h (6h) both otg. Depending on combo scaling the dp can be followed up, for another launch. You can only follow it up with a super in the corner. The forward H can be followed up anywhere, but the timing is strict. I find standing H to be the most effective way to continue your combo after that forward H.

Try this bread and butter for Nova, it works anywhere.

M/cr.M, H/cr.H, S, jH, jS, land, forward H, H, S, jM, jM, jH, (quarter circle forward L or M) super. This will do 650k+ depending on if you use the quarter circle L or M, which super you use (use the ball most of the time, unless you've got some red life to burn), and how much red life spend on the quarter circle forward or the beam super.

Here is non-retarded notation for this.

Im gonna try some stuff whenever I get home, but after you do the mmh at the end can you add in a fly cancel to extend or does the scaling take over? Like add fly lmhs, land, dpm l xx super. Im gonna play with nova combos tonight to see if he can extend any.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Why the gently caress isn't classic ui an option, there's no way to make something as bad as the new one without actively trying.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Im gonna try some stuff whenever I get home, but after you do the mmh at the end can you add in a fly cancel to extend or does the scaling take over? Like add fly lmhs, land, dpm l xx super. Im gonna play with nova combos tonight to see if he can extend any.

I doubt it, but a fly cancel after the first jH should work.

Nova's jS scales his combos really really really hard.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Klaus Kinski posted:

Why the gently caress isn't classic ui an option, there's no way to make something as bad as the new one without actively trying.

do you mean the health bars? Cause like I'm still pressing the wrong assists because I relate the top bar to L1 but it's not :smith:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
To be fair, you should probably know which character is in which assist slot at all times without having to look.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

The easiest forward H OTG is from a forward throw when they're cornered. If you're throwing someone midscreen, you can OTG with his DP L special and go into a combo from standing M.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What!? Somebody at capcom actually remembered that series? They didnt even give an alternate style to one of their characters so they would look like Nina or Ryu :(
I thought Felicia's DLC costume was Katt when I first saw it and then I discovered it was from a game I've never heard of :(

Hawkeye's golden arrow super looks sick as hell. Is it just instant damage if your opponent is doing anything except blocking?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
UGGGH, the loving guide is sold out everywhere. None of my local stores have it, and Amazon won't ship it till December

:suicide:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

^^^^^ My Amazon order got pushed back a month (and cancelled), but they had two on the shelf when I went to Gamestop!

Sade posted:

To be fair, you should probably know which character is in which assist slot at all times without having to look.

This is the case once you've settled on a team, but not when you're loving around with different characters, or even worse, one new character and your two FTW mains in different spots. It's another thing to keep track of, and it's wicked annoying that my first instinct is wrong when I look at the life meters.

The only thing I can think of is that they thought "Well, if you look up from the fight, the first lifebar you see is your first assist." Except that it doesn't work that way at all.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Broken Loose posted:

It doesn't matter how many gimmicks you put in between the game and the players-- when a character has that much power, love will find a way.

And that's why Modok was the best character in Vanilla.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Phenotype posted:

^^^^^ My Amazon order got pushed back a month (and cancelled), but they had two on the shelf when I went to Gamestop!

This is the case once you've settled on a team, but not when you're loving around with different characters, or even worse, one new character and your two FTW mains in different spots. It's another thing to keep track of, and it's wicked annoying that my first instinct is wrong when I look at the life meters.

The only thing I can think of is that they thought "Well, if you look up from the fight, the first lifebar you see is your first assist." Except that it doesn't work that way at all.

Fair enough. What you ideally should be able to do isn't really an excuse for bad UI design. It wouldn't even be a big deal if A1 was on top and A2 on bottom.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Sade, are you a Storm player?

Also, I hope you're maining Firebrand.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
I see the term "one trick pony" thrown around alot. There isn't anything wrong with only having one trick in fighting games, if it is a really good one.

Broken Loose posted:

Because people are sleeping on the former as a worthless gimmick even though he has access to an alternate mode which can allow him to trash any character in the game without effort.

I'm not sleeping on anybody.

I won't be shocked or "exposed" or blown up or pringles or HAM or my buttcheeks spread open and do anal when someone wins a tournament or something with PW. Yeah I think we all get it, he can do some really sick stuff.

I just think with the time it would take to get my PW up to an even passable level, I could be actually winning with someone a little less complicated. If I get fired and have some more free time, though, sure.

edit- Does anyone know if Wal-Mart has the strategy guide? Amazon is claiming it could be 3 months for them to ship it. I'm a patient guy but the guide will probably be useless by then. :(

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 17, 2011

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Hah, when Tron comes in as the last character she says "Time for a comeback!"

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Ghostpilot posted:

Just coming in from Gamestop after the Best Buy fiasco. Was able to get the last copy that wasn't on pre-order (yay for having long-time friends as GS employees) and they gave me a code anyway (especially after hearing about what happened at BB).

Best Buy sucks, but it can certainly equal a payday on ebay for the folks who manage to get their BB costume codes.

Speaking of this, I just received my Best Buy code about an hour ago. Figured since there weren't any up on Ebay that I'd give it a shot. It sold inside of 3 minutes for 25 bucks. :aaaaa: And to think that I was considering lowering the buy-it-now price. :shobon:

Anyway, for those who get their Best Buy codes, it could be very worthwhile for you to unload it while the gettin's good.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Sade, are you a Storm player?

Also, I hope you're maining Firebrand.

My main team right now is Doc Strange/Storm/Sent. I did a little mini effort post earlier today.

I... actually haven't gotten around to learning Firebrand yet :negative: My alt team is definitely gonna be built around him based on pure love for the character.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

40 OZ posted:

I see the term "one trick pony" thrown around alot. There isn't anything wrong with only having one trick in fighting games, if it is a really good one.

Doesn't the problem lie in that it's easier to counter a one-trick pony, even if it is a really good trick?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Sade posted:

I'm not that good yet :(

Also I do remember initially, it's just after a bunch of characters start tagging in and out and aerial combos and all that jazz I start calling the wrong dudes. And sometimes who I'm trying to snap in.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Sade posted:

My main team right now is Doc Strange/Storm/Sent. I did a little mini effort post earlier today.

I... actually haven't gotten around to learning Firebrand yet :negative: My alt team is definitely gonna be built around him based on pure love for the character.

I haven't had a lot of time to play the game unfortunately, and just picked up the guide today but I didn't see this mentioned so I figured I'd share. I "found" something kind of cool with Storm. It's not insane or anything, but maybe you can mess around with it and make it better.

Anyway, after launching with cr. c, then jump canceling and doing air b, air b, air c, you have enough time now to jump immediately after this and follow up with air b, air b, air c or maybe something better. From there you can do st. b, cr. c, s, etc. Haven't really tested the new c loop bnb, but I'm guessing this can replace the vanilla, non-loop combo that allowed for one cr. c launch, then an s launch, and two reps of air b, air b, air c, 3 lightening attacks into super.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Anyone want to trade a Gamestop code for a Best Buy one?

*edit* Xbox code that is (Villains pack) trading for the Femme Fatale one.

*EDIT* That was quick, traded with Ghostpilot.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 17, 2011

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Amazon is pushing back guide orders? They haven't bumped mine yet but it hasn't shipped yet either. :ohdear:

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
Mine was bumped to next week. Cancelled it and picked one up from Gamestop after work. Cool guide.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Might as well just use Felica then. Although there's no good team name out of that I suppose.

Nic's Dick and Pussy :colbert:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Okay, being able to Objection in the air changes things a bit for me. Also, looks like team-supers are also being used to gather evidence.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Okay, being able to Objection in the air changes things a bit for me. Also, looks like team-supers are also being used to gather evidence.

Don't forget that it seems like the good generic combo extension assists give Nick time to hunt for evidence and still continue his combo.

Drones, Missiles, Unibeam/Plasma Beam/Estaka can serve double duty for zoning and combo extension, too.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
It's pretty sad that firebrand does such garbage damage, he's really fun to watch and the eddie super is hilarious.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Klaus Kinski posted:

It's pretty sad that firebrand does such garbage damage, he's really fun to watch and the eddie super is hilarious.

His damage is good enough considering how good he is at getting hits and how fast he is.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

NecroMonster posted:

We should probably link to ComboIMG in the OP. It's goon-made and provided to solve exactly these problems!

MadRhetoric posted:

Estaka
Congratulations, you are a stream monster. omg desk is dead not sure if serious y u no mad?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

Congratulations, you are a stream monster. omg desk is dead not sure if serious y u no mad?

Estaka is funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

If you cancelled that combo into Shut Up Broken Loose it would be gdlk swag on blast salty free exposed Pringles and and and,

In non-stupid news, jmcrofts is right; Firebrand doesn't need more damage. Any damage he lacks he makes up for in just being able to hit a lot more by bullying people with normals, Luminous Body/Eddie and that air dive.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread