Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragtimey
May 6, 2009

Acidophilus posted:

In case any of you believed it to be another charming photo manipulation, (like I did)I have come here to inform you that Detective Pony is an actual book, part of the actually existing Pony Pals book line.
http://www.amazon.com/Detective-Pony-Pals-17/dp/0590374605

(look at the first review)

I guess I was pretty sheltered in terms of children's literature.

I have to admit that I did a double take when I clicked on Amazon's preview for the first few pages. The owner of Acorn, the detective pony, has Harley for a last name.

Also, some of these other installments are silly: "The Girl Who Hates Ponies," "The Saddest Pony," "Too Many Ponies," etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Is lovely fan art allowed to be shared here?

vetinari100
Nov 8, 2009

> Make her pay.

Ragtimey posted:

"The Girl Who Hates Ponies,"

This sounds like a Stieg Larsson/MLP crossover.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Fat_Cow posted:

There's already a thread for fanart but they usually want things in that thread that don't suck.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fat_Cow posted:

There's never been a rule about posting fanart here, but generally it's assumed that people would only be posting must-see pieces of particular relevance or quality. For more general fanart dumps there's a dedicated PYF Homestuck fanart thread.

lovely fanart should probably go straight to the generic strangest fanart PYF thread, although this might be a little bit too tame for the refined palates of the strange fanart posters.

Reregular
Nov 4, 2011

by I Ozma Myself

creationist believer posted:

It could be that there's no full scale troll invasion and it's just the Condesce trying to impose Alternian-style society on humanity via subliminal messages. The 'only of your kind' line could be referring to whatever system determines class structure now. Irispectrum?

If higher frequencies were higher castes like in troll society, that means it would go brown -> hazel -> green -> blue -> albino pink. Not too big of a change since whites would still be on top.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Worthy of note in the character select screen is, perhaps, the top left tab that shows the pesterchum logo with an arrow greyed out. I would be willing to bet that eventually that button will be enabled, and since this is the pesterchum logo, perhaps that means we could be paying UU a visit when that time comes around.

Acidophilus
Aug 27, 2009

What's all this then?
The Condesce seems to have a weird thing about humans getting frisky with each other. In Nana's pesterlog with FedoraFreak, she mentioned that Betty Crocker wanted to keep Nana and Grandpa Harley separated so they would not conceive the "prophesied heroes", but that was a silly effort because the kids had been ectobiologizied. That means she knew a little bit about the game and wished to sabotage it, but didn't have in-depth knowledge. She shoulda hit up Gamefaqs for that.

She then disappeared from that world before Nana could confront her. I wonder if that's because she got shuffled to the earth we are presently at? The full answer will no doubt be incredibly complicated.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Acidophilus posted:

(look at the first review)

Am I missing something? The newest review is from 2006 and is just some girl gushing about how much she loved the book.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Prison Warden posted:

Am I missing something? The newest review is from 2006 and is just some girl gushing about how much she loved the book.

I think they took it down. Somebody wrote a review as D. Strider and it was filled with weeabooisms. It was great.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

I couldnt see it either but I saw it over here http://ib.skaia.net/post/view/24920

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I wonder if the awesome implementation of Augmented Reality this new world has is a worthwhile tradeoff for subliminal messaging and an apparently all powerful megacorp who is subtly controlling the minds of all mankind. Eh maybe.

gently caress yes, olive garden joke +1

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
Aw yeah, about to get our Kidmom on

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Cyrai posted:

Aw yeah, about to get our Kidmom on

I fully expect Hussie to transition over to Jake now.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I don't even want to imagine Guy Fieri as a Supreme Court Justice, much less the Chief Justice.

Also gently caress yes, time for a Mom pesterlog!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
And I expect our transition to Bro to be as easily diverted and laborious as our attempts to be Hearts Boxcars.

Hussie's obviously taunting us with that guy.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Chic Trombone posted:

I don't even want to imagine Guy Fieri as a Supreme Court Justice, much less the Chief Justice.

I'm actually not convinced he'd be worse than 5/9 of our current set.

Then again, after the Smash Mouth thing, well...

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So it appears each alpha-universe kid's symbol will be like the symbol of one of the pre-scratch kids. Jane's demonbeast looks like John's slime ghost, Jake's skull appears to be based off Rose's SquiddleTerror shirt, and Mom's Mutie symbol looks like it was adapted from Jade's Bec symbol.

In that case I fully expect Bro's shirt to simply be the flag of Japan.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Guy Fieri, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Oh man I can't wait for BFFSIE 4EVA time.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Well Manicured Man posted:

This is the darkest timeline.

But next up, Mom Lalonde!

Also, what is she supposed to be looking at out the window? It can't be Dad, she looks sort of shocked.

Some Lined Paper
Sep 2, 2011

JOHN: wait a minute!
JOHN: i forgot, trolls hate cleaning products for some alien reason! shit, that's going to make everyone so uncomfortable.

marsattacks posted:

Also, what is she supposed to be looking at out the window? It can't be Dad, she looks sort of shocked.
I was under the impression she was just surprised by the message.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I'm not sure which is worse, the subliminal mind-control or the idea of having obnoxious pop-up ads popping up inside your head :stare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Some Lined Paper posted:

I was under the impression she was just surprised by the message.

And she's crossing her eyes a bit at the popup on her forehead.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He would find it unconstitutional for Smash Mouth to not eat the eggs.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Zorak posted:

There's a pretty good chance UU is from the sequel session to this one, ie the victory session. Their username implies it pretty heavily, since it implicitly means "Hidden from the light of the Green Sun" given how uranium has used thus far in the game.

Which would mean UU is a descendant from one of our already known trolls if that's the case!

It could also mean "green shadow". I am getting First Guardian-y vibes from her, which to me is not a good thing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Prison Warden posted:

I assume it isn't a one to one grist/boondollar exchange rate then, I guess. And do we know for sure that the small grist bit is equal to half of a big one?

Questions questions.

One of the walkarounds or some flash let you pick up grist and showed you the amount they were worth.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The Olive Garden ad just kills me.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
YESSSSS, Mom time. I haven't been this excited to read a chatlog in a long time.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
So wait, the new universe hasn't been created yet? How is Earth still here? Wasn't it destroyed by the meteor storm a thousand chapters ago?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Magikoopa189 posted:

So wait, the new universe hasn't been created yet? How is Earth still here? Wasn't it destroyed by the meteor storm a thousand chapters ago?

Yes. We're looking at the post-Scratch Earth before the post-Scratch players enter the medium. Their entering the medium will generally coincide with the meteors beginning to destroy the Earth.

REMEMBER: This is the post-Scratch Kids' Universe. So things that happened inside the Kids' universe prior to the Scratch does not affect this session. It will be affected by the following things: Bec Noir leaving the universe (and later destroying it.) Prototyped PM bringing WV with her when she left the universe. The kids leaving the universe and bringing their planets (plus Skaia) with them. Everything else? Completely irrelevant as of this moment.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 17, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Magikoopa189 posted:

Time to re-read Homestuck.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Magikoopa189 posted:

So did you like skip over a large chunk of Act 5 Act 2 or what? This is after The Scratch. Where the entire universe has been rebooted.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 17, 2011

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'd rather have him than Scalia.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I'd rather have him than Scalia.

Or Thomas. I'd much rather have Guy Fieri than Clarence Thomas.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Suaimhneas posted:

I'm not sure which is worse, the subliminal mind-control or the idea of having obnoxious pop-up ads popping up inside your head :stare:

Go play some Shadowrun, you'll soon realize it's the latter.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

With pop-ups scanned directly into your brain you will never want for monkeys to punch and be the first to know about local moms who make botox doctors furious. Seems like a win-win.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mr. Pumroy posted:

With pop-ups scanned directly into your brain you will never want for monkeys to punch and be the first to know about local moms who make botox doctors furious. Seems like a win-win.

When we all know the one weird old tips, none of the weird old tips will be weird.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

Chief Justice Fieri upholds CIA interrogation practices, stating "no, dude, look, it's like my brosideon Jack Bauer once said..."

oh wait that's a thing that actually happened and isn't loving funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

Guy Fieri's very overt homophobia and racism may actually make him worse.