Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I kinda want Hussie to basically fake us out with Strider's chumhandle and make it EB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

King of Solomon posted:

I kinda want Hussie to basically fake us out with Strider's chumhandle and make it EB.

I don't care what Hussie does as long as we get constant drunksiesMom chatlogs

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So Mom Lalonde is always drunkposting, all the time.

Yes, I believe this is a perfect thing.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

TG posted:

TG: is that waht you want
TG: *want
For some reason this was really funny in particular.

Kidmom is such an amazing drunken slightly bratty 15 year old girl who is apeshit bananas at computers.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Kidmom is everything I wanted her to be, and more. :swoon:

standard owl posted:

For some reason this was really funny in particular.

Agreed

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Away and aside from the fact that Drunkmom is awesome, there's a crucial bit of information here: Jane is supposed to be the only person playing. All the other players are, presumably, going to get access the game by underhanded means like KidMom.

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
TG: *buncha goddamn typos

gently caress anyone who hates the start of this act

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I want to believe this is how Mom sounded as an adult too. "Yeah my lil Rosie just fuckin loooves the wizdards."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Cabbit posted:

Away and aside from the fact that Drunkmom is awesome, there's a crucial bit of information here: Jane is supposed to be the only person playing. All the other players are, presumably, going to get access the game by underhanded means like KidMom.
Underhanded, but it sure isn't being made hard for them. Like she said, she just fuckin' downloaded those files off the interweb telematrices. There was, like, no security or anything. For a young aspiring programmer and hacker like her, it's like they wanted her to get those files.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

JT Jag posted:

Underhanded, but it sure isn't being made hard for them. Like she said, she just fuckin' downloaded those files off the interweb telematrices. There was, like, no security or anything. For a young aspiring programmer and hacker like her, it's like they wanted her to get those files.

Oh, certainly. I'm just saying, ostensibly she's supposed to be the only one playing it and that's interesting. They're all pretty obviously being played, as opposed to how the original SBurb was just sort of A Thing that everyone gravitated to.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Guys why does Mom have Dave's abbreviation? [TG] as opposed to [TT]? I mean, Dave and Rose are brother and sister right? Could that mean that they got genetically swapped guardians? Like mom ia actually bro and bro is mom? :tinfoil:
Fake edit: this is the dumbest thing I have ever REAL EDIT: posted

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Another bit of information that was confirmed in that pesterlog (botherlog?) was that Jane has indeed had attempts on her life as theorized before, explaining why Dad doesn't let her outside.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Seoinin posted:

I want to believe this is how Mom sounded as an adult too. "Yeah my lil Rosie just fuckin loooves the wizdards."

Since Mom seems to type like a pink drunk Dave, I can only come to the amazed/horrified conclusion that Bro is distressingly eloquent in his chats. Remember Complacency of the Learned?

Ponies.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
That was the best update to wake up to! Kidmom is the best. If kidbro can top this then I don't know what I'll do!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Since Mom seems to type like a pink drunk Dave, I can only come to the amazed/horrified conclusion that Bro is distressingly eloquent in his chats. Remember Complacency of the Learned?

Ponies.

There are some things too dreadful to contemplate.

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

YggiDee posted:

Ponies.

If Hussie throws another curveball with the screennames and kidBro is EB that leaves some pretty fun possibilities

equineBeautified :allears:

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

Guys why does Mom have Dave's abbreviation? [TG] as opposed to [TT]? I mean, Dave and Rose are brother and sister right? Could that mean that they got genetically swapped guardians? Like mom ia actually bro and bro is mom? :tinfoil:
Fake edit: this is the dumbest thing I have ever

It's because Mom is Dave in spirit. Well, Dave if he was wasted.

Which I hope means that Bro is going to be Rose-esque, because I just have no idea what that would look like.

But Bro and Mom were, in the Sburb universe, Rose and Dave's mother and father, so there's no real reason why post scratch Mom couldn't have Dave's abbreviation.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ominous Jazz posted:

Fake edit: this is the dumbest thing I have ever REAL EDIT: posted

The same reason Jane has Jade's abbreviation (and Jake has John's.)

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I wonder who is attempting to kill Jane. It's probably not Betty Crocker / the Troll Queen, since, you know, it would be pretty easy for her to do that.

It's interesting, though, that Jane considers the Batterwitch mythical. With grandpa-John dead, does that mean Dad is hypothetically in charge of the company?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

marsattacks posted:

It's because Mom is Dave in spirit. Well, Dave if he was wasted.

Which I hope means that Bro is going to be Rose-esque, because I just have no idea what that would look like.

But Bro and Mom were, in the Sburb universe, Rose and Dave's mother and father, so there's no real reason why post scratch Mom couldn't have Dave's abbreviation.

Somebody who takes his creepy fandom way, way too seriously and writes long, eloquent tracts about ponies and smuppets and the like?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Ponies.
He's Mort from the Anime Club.

The TERM, Clyde, is HENTAI. You UNCULTURED SWINE.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
All of the sudden best character gets a new contender.

She probably knows many of the codes. Many of them.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

quote:

GG: And you're drunk. :P
TG: correction
TG: drinking
TG: prensent tense
TG: grammar jane

I can't wait to break this out next time somebody accuses me of being off my ear. This has been one of my favourite pesterlogs even if the colours were a bit of a nightmare to read.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Mom Lalonde is now my favorite character

lma so loving o @ this

anyway it makes me wonder if Bro Strider can top her

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is it weird that I like the fact that she has typos? While I understand giving everyone perfect spelling in the context of not being infuriating to read, how many people actually text message each other that accurately all the time?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I'm just hoping she keeps those typos when she's not absolutely demolished, if such a theoretical state actually exists.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Radio Paranoia posted:

I can't wait to break this out next time somebody accuses me of being off my ear. This has been one of my favourite pesterlogs even if the colours were a bit of a nightmare to read.

In my search for a solution I discovered that scratch.php cannot be used on anything past "Unsnop."

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I wonder if there'll be a callback to sober Gamzee when Mom inevitably sobers up. Not that she'll be murderous and crazy, of course (or will she???) but it does seem like a fun + obvious parallel.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Is it weird that I like the fact that she has typos? While I understand giving everyone perfect spelling in the context of not being infuriating to read, how many people actually text message each other that accurately all the time?

Karkat makes tonnes of typoes (I think this is intentional) and other characters make them occasionally (I think these are just typoes on Hussie's part). Jane made one in this very log!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rasamune posted:

In my search for a solution I discovered that scratch.php cannot be used on anything past "Unsnop."

That would have been even worse anyway, what with Jane's text color.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I'm looking forward to the collective "YOU'RE [MY FAMILIAL RELATION]" "NO, YOU ARE MY [FAMILIAL RELATION]". It's going to be a delightful moment of dual confusion.

Rose and RoseMom in particularly is going to be a delightful festival of passive aggressiveness and denial.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zorak posted:

I'm looking forward to the collective "YOU'RE [MY FAMILIAL RELATION]" "NO, YOU ARE MY [FAMILIAL RELATION]". It's going to be a delightful moment of dual confusion.

Rose and RoseMom in particularly is going to be a delightful festival of passive aggressiveness and denial.

I'm looking forward to Rose and Dave meeting their alternate universe adult selves. And Dave asking himself why they're so loving awesome.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

DONT READ THIS POST posted:

oh my god mom/dave pesterlogs will be some loving amazing poo poo

I can't even imagine how beautiful a chatlog like that will be. It's brilliance would be beyond human comprehension.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Ice_Mallet posted:

I can't even imagine how beautiful a chatlog like that will be. It's brilliance would be beyond human comprehension.

Hussie knows he can never write such a thing, because the laws of physics would just break down under the weight of all the snark.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Doc Uzuki posted:

I'm looking forward to Rose and Dave meeting their alternate universe adult selves. And Dave asking himself why they're so loving awesome.

We'll never get to see John ask himself why they're so loving funny. I just realized this. :smith:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

King of Solomon posted:

We'll never get to see John ask himself why they're so loving funny. I just realized this. :smith:

Do we know what happened to scratch!John's remains?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

King of Solomon posted:

Poppopsprite.

(efb in spirit?)

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

King of Solomon posted:

He'll get to ask Johnsprite(Poppopsprite?), thus perfecting the reference. :unsmith:

Edit: drat you people are all over this

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

That was seriously the best pesterlog in a long long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xochipilli
Dec 9, 2008
UU mentioned something about curious dark patches in transmission with DrunkMom.

This is because she will basically go completely off the deep end in every way. She will become blackout.