Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

Xochipilli posted:

UU mentioned something about curious dark patches in transmission with DrunkMom.

This is because she will basically go completely off the deep end in every way. She will become blackout.

Instead of going grimdark, she gets blackout drunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Cyrai posted:

grimdrunk?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Xochipilli posted:

UU mentioned something about curious dark patches in transmission with DrunkMom.

This is because she will basically go completely off the deep end in every way. She will become blackout.
KidMom gave the universe cancer cirrhosis.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Apt!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Edit: ^ That's creepy.

Guessing there's going to be more parallels between Dave and kidMom.

Dave never heard the horrorterrors because he wore his sunglasses, but was apparently Awake from the beginning.

Guessing we'll have some call-back to that with kidMom's drinking. Either she'll be so blackout drunk that she never dreams, or, to go the other way, she's so out of her head that she's partially asleep, and, thus, sorta like Jade, knows stuff.

Xochipilli
Dec 9, 2008

Cyrai posted:

GRIMOIRE FOR SUMMONING THE ZOOLOGICALLY DUBIOUS && BOTTLE OF VODKA = BROODFESTER RUM

Grimdark and grimdrunk are probably equally incapable of verbal communication. Rose will end up being the one to prop her up and walk her back to a trashcan in an interactive flash.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Completely silly thought: Would a technology-inclined alcoholic have a use for magnetic wodka?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Completely silly thought: Would a technology-inclined alcoholic have a use for magnetic wodka?

This reminds me that I hope we get some Alchemizing sessions with these kids. I want to know what sort of ridiculous things they'd make.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I hope that pesterlog assuages any of the concerns people were having about the characters in this act. That was completely fantastic in every way. Despite how fast this comic updates I want more more more!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Bobulus posted:

Edit: ^ That's creepy.

You think that's creepy? That's just a funny coincidence.

THIS is creepy:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/sunrise-tacos/59a488c0-4ff0-4e0f-8ac1-3f0921bcd866

also pretty gross

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Boneless Jogger posted:

This reminds me that I hope we get some Alchemizing sessions with these kids. I want to know what sort of ridiculous things they'd make.

Well Christmas is coming and Hussie loves going "poo poo, lets be santa." so I'm sure we'll get some goodies.

And by us, I mean the (new?) kids.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Doc Uzuki posted:

. And Dave asking himself why they're so loving awesome.

Dave and Davesprite asking adult Dave why they're all so loving cool

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Careful, this road of thinking leads to an infinite number of time traveling paradox Daves having a convention in their own honor. Davecon 2011.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

Well Christmas is coming and Hussie loves going "poo poo, lets be santa." so I'm sure we'll get some goodies.

And by us, I mean the (new?) kids.

True, I guess it's a question of how fast the pace will be for the earlier parts of the act. He didn't do it with the Trolls, but there aren't 12 characters to go through this time so who knows.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

http://www.gnostalgicspirits.com/

Cannot be a coincidence that drunkMom has a chat handle that happens to also be the name of a distillery.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Boneless Jogger posted:

True, I guess it's a question of how fast the pace will be for the earlier parts of the act. He didn't do it with the Trolls, but there aren't 12 characters to go through this time so who knows.

The trolls did get new stuff, but it was almost always off-camera. (Like Feferi's trident being upgraded with brains in the Make Her Pay flash). Off the top of my head, the only on-screen upgrade we saw was Karkat upgrading his sickle.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Gnosis is the Greek noun for knowledge--especially esoteric and intuitive knowledge from what little my dumb rear end understands--and the word from which Gnosticism is derived. Wikipedia?

quote:

A common characteristic of some of these groups was the teaching that the realisation of Gnosis is the way to salvation of the soul from the material world. They saw the material world as created through an intermediary being (demiurge) rather than directly by God. In most of the systems, this demiurge was seen as imperfect, in others even as evil.

Maybe I'm just nerding out but it seems like that is or will be relevant imo, especially considering Mom's apparent foreknowledge (or, like, aft-knowledge? she is tipsyGnostalgia. Does she feel some kind of undefinable attachment to pre-Scratch session she may or may not know exists?) and Sburb's stated purpose. im gay

Pretzel Rod Serling fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 17, 2011

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Gnosis is the Greek noun for knowledge--especially esoteric and intuitive knowledge from what little my dumb rear end understands--and the word from which Gnosticism is derived. Wikipedia?

Maybe I'm just nerding out but it seems like that is or will be relevant imo, especially considering Mom's apparent foreknowledge (or, like, aft-knowledge? she is tipsyGnostalgia. Does she feel some kind of undefinable attachment to pre-Scratch session she may or may not know exists?) and Sburb's stated purpose. im gay

tipsyGnostalgic. While the myth and greek answers are ultimately much better, and have more meat to them, I am holding out that she is named after that distillery. They even make absinthe.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

http://www.gnostalgicspirits.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=2 jesus christ this page. GWYDION STONE

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

While Gnostic belief is really loving cool (I do love the concept that the creator of the universe was evil- makes more sense that a benevolent creator making this, to be honest), and it's cool if people want to skim the Wikipedia article to learn more about it... it's pretty clearly just a pun with the "deep knowledge" meaning of the word and nostalgia.

I actually thought the word was really, really cool. Nostalgia is already a powerful feeling, and to twist it in writing, but not in pronunciation, to have connotations of mystic knowledge is a great way to inspire a certain kind of meaningful feeling (on an entirely superficial level, of course). It's a pretty sweet word. So I'm more than a bit disappointed that it seems to be a reference to a distillery (which undoubtedly used the word because it's connotations are pretty much "old good knowledge" which is what you want folks to associate with your fancy brew).

I'm also much less enthusiastic about this chat log than most people here seem to be. I just don't really find drunk people to be all that funny... for personal reasons... so this whole thing is a huge letdown for me. I mean, the typo correcting thing is pretty great fun, and I laughed at the "one... *one... *on" bit, as I've actually seen that happen before.

But otherwise... being drunk is one of the oldest least interesting comedic premises there are, as a lame excuse for random silliness.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Talorat posted:

Careful, this road of thinking leads to an infinite number of time traveling paradox Daves having a convention in their own honor. Davecon 2011.
The LOHACSE probably has a convention centre attached, right?

And kid-Mom is glorious. Glorious.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

quote:

TG: lma so loving o @ this

Took me a second to parse through that, didn't know abbreviations got that meta.

Best pesterlog in a long time, Hussie's loving killing it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess that's one reason Hussie could have had for making them a bit older.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Isizzlehorn posted:

Took me a second to parse through that, didn't know abbreviations got that meta.

Best pesterlog in a long time, Hussie's loving killing it.

At first I mistook that L as an i, and I thought she was saying "imma so loving out of this".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Somebody who takes his creepy fandom way, way too seriously and writes long, eloquent tracts about ponies and smuppets and the like?

kidBro is going to be this universe's Nepeta. With ponies AND smuppets.

e: God I hope Rose meets her teenage drunk mom.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 17, 2011

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

KidMom is bestmom.

Did anybody notice how she mistyped "cakewalk" as "cakewake" at first? Given all the Crocker references and the subliminal DIE messages, it caught my attention.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

He put an "Ansrew" reference in the comic. My god.

No silly MSPA Forum running gag is too small for Andrew to give a nod to. First Dr. Brinner, and now this. Never stop, Hussie. :allears:

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
I think I may have become Terezi. I want to see Jane and Lalonde make some more delicious cotton candy chatlogs.

Like, seriously. I'm salivating here. I CAN TASTE THEIR WORDS

sansuki
May 17, 2003

code:
GG: :|
GG: I am quizzically narrowing my eyes trying to solve the joke you are attempting, assuming it even is one. 

God dammit Hussie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

It's been said a thousand times and it will be said a thousand more times, but... holy poo poo that was one of the funniest logs in the entire story. God drat. I'm going to be quoting this one pretty much all day.

Best part is it even provides some really significant plot hints!

Zorak posted:

You think that's creepy? That's just a funny coincidence.

THIS is creepy:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/sunrise-tacos/59a488c0-4ff0-4e0f-8ac1-3f0921bcd866

also pretty gross

I like the mayonnaise (is it even mayo? Or is it butter? Or something more horrible? Tartar sauce?) tears. Nice touch. The "face" on that thing just screams KILL MEEEEE

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 17, 2011

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

God don't post macros, PLEASE.

Is that... what are they using to adhere that poo poo to the taco shell? Is that butter?

Anyway yeah that conversation was pretty great. Definitely want to see more from her.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So it looks like kidMom has her eye on Jake (and Jane's dad, but hey, teenagers). Think we'll need a new shipping diagram?

Also I'm hoping all of their crazy experiences will have been enough for the kids to have had some genuine character development, so when they meet their kidGuardians they can be the wiser, more responsible characters. Dying to see Rose drop her passive-aggression and tear into kidMom for her drinking.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Is that... what are they using to adhere that poo poo to the taco shell? Is that butter?

Anyway yeah that conversation was pretty great. Definitely want to see more from her.

Well, apparently it's 700 calories so probably :barf:

What's the origin of this 'ansrew' joke? I feel like I've seen it somewhere before.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Eiba posted:

I'm also much less enthusiastic about this chat log than most people here seem to be. I just don't really find drunk people to be all that funny... for personal reasons... so this whole thing is a huge letdown for me. I mean, the typo correcting thing is pretty great fun, and I laughed at the "one... *one... *on" bit, as I've actually seen that happen before.

But otherwise... being drunk is one of the oldest least interesting comedic premises there are, as a lame excuse for random silliness.

The morality brigade is totally gonna be all over Hussie for TEEN ALCOHOLISM now, I'm sure. You're right about it being "one of the oldest least interesting comedic premises," but Hussie being Hussie, I'm confident that he can do a lot more with her character than just "teenage inebriate".

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The morality brigade is totally gonna be all over Hussie for TEEN ALCOHOLISM now, I'm sure. You're right about it being "one of the oldest least interesting comedic premises," but Hussie being Hussie, I'm confident that he can do a lot more with her character than just "teenage inebriate".

I always loved the idea that pre-scratch Mom didn't actually drink, and just maintained a full liquor cabinet and a constantly carried around the same half-finished margarita as part of her ironic 50's housewife routine. Perhaps a vaguely similar thing is going on here? There are certainly more outlandish typing gimmicks than 'drunkposting', and it could easily be a go-to solution for [a completely sober] someone who felt the need to present an emotional façade.

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

I wonder why Jake is off-limits for tG? perhaps Jane has her own designs on him? I don't think they know that they're related!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
There are many reasons to believe that she does; and they're not related. Genetically they're John and Jade's parents. They're paradox clones of themselves, and the ectobiology machinery made John and Jade by mixing them. (That was, of course, in the pre-scratch session, but what we've seen so far strongly suggests that these guys somehow arrived on the same meteors from the old session rather than having been created at some point in their own upcoming session.)

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol

Admiral Lasers posted:

I wonder why Jake is off-limits for tG? perhaps Jane has her own designs on him? I don't think they know that they're related!

Cease reproduction

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Admiral Lasers posted:

I'd say the Jane/Jake conversation strongly suggest they are a couple, especially given the most recent botherlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

There are many reasons to believe that she does; and they're not related. Genetically they're John and Jade's parents. They're paradox clones of themselves, and the ectobiology machinery made John and Jade by mixing them. (That was, of course, in the pre-scratch session, but what we've seen so far strongly suggests that these guys somehow arrived on the same meteors from the old session rather than having been created at some point in their own upcoming session.)

And don't forget that Nannasprite said she and Grandpa were meant to be together in some cosmically destined romance that pre-scratch Betty Crocker fouled up by driving Li'l Grandpa away.