Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That looks so awesome, and I still don't really mind the wing at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Love the wing, too.

Rabble posted:

The fender vent is functional and not just a stick on vanity piece. Granted, it could be a little less gaudy but even the base model scion version has some form of vent right there.

I'm cool with it being functional, but it definitely doesn't have to stick out like that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
gently caress nit picking, that's an actual good looking Subaru.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If that is anything like what the actual subaru version will look like then it is ahead of the Toyota. unfortunately I dont think we will see it in Australia.

I guess we can always just Sileighty it :v:

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Looks awesome, it would look a lot worse if they deleted the wing

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007
Looks good but the wing needs to be replaced. The one the Toyota was rocking on the Nurburgring would be less ridiculous.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

aventari posted:

Looks awesome, it would look a lot worse if they deleted the wing

Agreed. I like the Subaru one more mostly because of the wing. There seems to be a lot of functional aero on the car.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
I like the wing, but wish the vent was a bit more invisible. Not a deal breaker though

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Splizwarf posted:

Like a 350z and a Mustang had a baby

Just like the werewolf in Twilight, wanna gently caress dat baby

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
Autoblog's gallery of the BRZ concept at LA. Stick a fork in it put some door handles on it, it's done.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Cat Terrist posted:

gently caress nit picking, that's an actual good looking Subaru.

This is unacceptable. I demand a uglified face lift. How we be able to tell is a Subaru otherwise?

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Subaru: Makers of Attractive Automobiles

:psypop:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

They did it with the Liberty once, I suppose they can do it again!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

They did it with the Liberty once, I suppose they can do it again!

My old man has a 05 Liberty GT and god drat if that isnt a snazzy car. the Tuned by STI edition is perfect IMO.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Looks just like a 370z to me

edit: ehh, maybe just the profile, looks a lot different at other angles.

I hope the wing is optional. gently caress I thought kids were over putting park benches on their cars.

Doom Sleigher fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 17, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The color is probably tricking your brain in to seeing more of a resemblance.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
The 370Z is way more pinched front and rear, but the window profile is quite similar.

dyne
May 9, 2003
[blank]
Well, that's a gorgeous subaru. Minus the wing, of course.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
My goonishly long torso predicts my head will smash into the roof of this sexy corollaru. Look for me to post a look at ma sexy grandpa truck thread soon.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Elephanthead posted:

My goonishly long torso predicts my head will smash into the roof of this sexy corollaru.

This is a far superior term to Toyobaru.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

technically since it's a scion in NA it should be a scubaru or something

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
I don't know. I barely know how to use photoshop, but I think it looks weird without the wing.

E: Where are the door handles? Where does the gas go? :downs:

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 18, 2011

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Lowclock posted:

I don't know. I barely know how to use photoshop, but I think it looks weird without the wing.

E: Where are the door handles?

I agree that it looks better with a wing. Just not the wing they have on there now. It's like seeing a Supra without a wing. It just looks.... off. The Supra stock wing is pretty atrocious, but somehow it works on that car. I think the BRZ just needs a more flowing design than a park bench.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The area in front of the wheel rear bothers me (if we're going to nit pick).

Looks like a cankle.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Is the production car going to have pillar mounted door handles because if so I will Most Definitely Buy One.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Or maybe it just needs to look a little more like an STI. (quick and dirty photoshop, using a Supra aftermarket wing)

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Lowclock posted:

E: Where are the door handles? Where does the gas go? :downs:

To me, this looks so much better. So much cleaner and more elegant. Something I could actually show up to work in with a straight face.

Edit:

BoostCreep posted:

Ok, that's a lot better. I still prefer it without the wing, though. I just have a visceral dislike of big wings except for on real, actual racecars.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 18, 2011

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

BoostCreep posted:

Or maybe it just needs to look a little more like an STI. (quick and dirty photoshop, using a Supra aftermarket wing)

Round it off a bit at the top. The line on the spoiler is a bit off because the rest of the car lacks any hard angles.

It does look really nice though. I could take it without a wing, or with the STI one you made, but I don't like the one one the current show car.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BoostCreep posted:

Add a bonnet scoop and start a thread saying this is the new WRX. See how many peple you can hook :D

Edit : Add it anyway

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Ugh, I just realized what it's been reminding me of all day, the roofline and rear hip.

The SSR.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Quick and dirty gif of all three side profile shots- stock spoiler, no spoiler, and supra spoiler

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 18, 2011

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Requesting rocket bunny spoiler.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Piano posted:

The area in front of the wheel rear bothers me (if we're going to nit pick).

Looks like a cankle.

It looks like a fake wheel spat made out of negative body cladding. Since the concept probably has a ground effect kit of some sort, I bet it won't be on the production version. Ditto for the wing itself. I think a tasteful ducktail lip spoiler might look nice.

Like this, but like at half the height:

Or as in the E46 CSL

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 18, 2011

xxn1927
Mar 5, 2001
Took a few photos today with my phone:

It looks great in person, way better then the Scion concept they had there. We asked to get on the platform to get detail shots, but they said no for liability reasons.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There's probably no interior, or not one they want to show.
I'm sure you'll be able to order it with or without a wing.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
I really really hope the taillight shape on the Subaru concept makes production and they don't get reshaped to match the Scion version for cost savings or whatever. The square-ish shape just fills out the rear so much better... and the red looks far better.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Cream_Filling posted:

It looks like a fake wheel spat made out of negative body cladding. Since the concept probably has a ground effect kit of some sort, I bet it won't be on the production version. Ditto for the wing itself. I think a tasteful ducktail lip spoiler might look nice.

Like this, but like at half the height:

Or as in the E46 CSL

Ducktail lips/spoilers are the best thing.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Toyota was responsible for the exterior styling. :) All these comments about the hideous wing make the "good looking Subaru" praise extra funny because the one thing subaru was actually responsible for every hates.

In my opinion the only thing wrong with that wing is that it looks like they pulled it out of their spare parts bin, it doesn't fit the curves of the car at all. It's probably not the production wing design and knowing Subaru the real wing will be twice as tall as the car...someone should photoshop a Plymouth thunderbird style wing on the back.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

Rabble posted:

...someone should photoshop a Plymouth thunderbird style wing on the back.

I tried to scale it down properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I lost interest in Subarus when they discontinued the 2-door Impreza, but the BRZ just might make me reconsider them once again.

• Locked thread