Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

*Jake approaches kernelsprite with loved one's remains in hand*

*pre-scratch kids and trolls appear out of nowhere*

"It's cool dude WE GOT THIS"

*Vriska's corpse is thrown into kernel*

...prototyping every enemy with the only character shown to have even a chance against Jack Noir one-on-one. And who has mind-control powers.

Yeah, this'll work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Fagtastic posted:

What's the Dr. Brinner thing?
Dr. Brinner, Ghost Psychiatrist was a running gag on the forum for a while. The joke was that it was the longest running and most epic adventure on MSPA. Even though it did not actually exist, the joke was always acting as if it did.

The joke was dumb.

Do not ask me why I know this, because I haven't the foggiest.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Bobulus posted:

...prototyping every enemy with the only character shown to have even a chance against Jack Noir one-on-one. And who has mind-control powers.

Yeah, this'll work.

Prototype with Tavros's head pre-entry, Vriska's body post entry. There's no way that would turn out to be a bad idea.

Dear Topatoco and What Pumpkin: Please take my money and give me a pink Vodka Mutini shirt. Yours truly, creationist believer

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

creationist believer posted:

Prototype with Tavros's head pre-entry, Vriska's body post entry. There's no way that would turn out to be a bad idea.

Combine Tavros and Eridan, watch the resulting sprite hit on Jane awkwardly and constantly.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Prototype Eridan's bottom half, followed by his top half.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Prototype Davesprite.

....actually, that raises an interesting question, what happens if you prototype a prototyped sprite?

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

Color Printer posted:

Prototype Davesprite.

....actually, that raises an interesting question, what happens if you prototype a prototyped sprite?

FLUTHLU has been released from his black realm.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe you can't? Back before the kernelsprite became Nannasprite, it actively evaded most of Rose's prototyping attempts.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Speaking of Problem Sleuth, can someone who posts on the MSPA forums or whatever let Hussie know that his font update broke the accented letters?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001049

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Color Printer posted:

Prototype Davesprite.

Could be worse. They could throw Dog-tier Jade into the kernel. The game would probably say "gently caress this noise" and produce a universal BSOD.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

YggiDee posted:

Maybe you can't? Back before the kernelsprite became Nannasprite, it actively evaded most of Rose's prototyping attempts.

Nothing has ever stopped anyone, kids or trolls, from breaking S*urb very very badly. Davespite could just freeze the kernelsprite in time and prototype with it while it's stopped.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

I think she'd make a much better Seer than Rose did.
Until she runs head-first into every undesirable scenario, knowing fully well that there's a better way.

E: wait, which Mom was this referring to? I don't think we'll be seeing any more Seers

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 17, 2011

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

YggiDee posted:

It was implied at the time that the sprite evading the prototyping was because it was a mischevious harlequin. Even after they entered the Medium, it still resisted prototyping until the ashes caught it by surprise, if I remember correctly

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Cyrai posted:

It was implied at the time that the sprite evading the prototyping was because it was a mischevious harlequin. Even after they entered the Medium, it still resisted prototyping until the ashes caught it by surprise, if I remember correctly

quote:

The game has no explicit rule that demands something dead for prototyping. But in practice, the kernelsprite has particular attraction to the deceased or the doomed. Across every session ever played, exceptions to this pattern are extremely rare.

Anti_Social
Jan 1, 2007

My problem is you dancing all the time
I am just hoping kidmom prototypes the kernelsprite with liquor.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Bobulus posted:

Speaking of Problem Sleuth, can someone who posts on the MSPA forums or whatever let Hussie know that his font update broke the accented letters?

...Mobster Kingpin's ship is called the Chicago Overcoat. :tinfoil:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Bobulus posted:

Switch to Western encoding.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Maybe when Jade breaks through the window she'll prototype a kernel with the mini battlefield, making every enemy in the game into a potential new universe, and also completely loving over any desire of the black kingdom to even be involved in this flagrant bullshit conflict in the slightest.

Also she prototypes another sprite with LOFAF, so each enemy is also a forge. gently caress yes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Prototype it with the Genesis Tadpole that fell in the volcano.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Lord English enters and prototypes it with himself.

Game over.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rasamune posted:

Switch to Western encoding.
I've changed my preferences so my default encoding is Western, but it still won't show up normally when I open my browser, I have to change the encoding from default. This is how it is on multiple browsers.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Is there still a compilation of unclaimed avatars floating around somewhere? This avatar is a badge of honor, but I should probably change it eventually.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

ahahha did chobes in fyad give you that? What's the story? link me

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
This thread has what happened. It's in the FYAD Goldmine, but it was originally posted in QCS.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Rincewind posted:

Is there still a compilation of unclaimed avatars floating around somewhere? This avatar is a badge of honor, but I should probably change it eventually.

Yeah, I've been looking for one as well (I really don't know what was going through my mind when I registered and got this one). Of course, finding an avatar is only half the solution (the other half is $5)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
They have to prototype a kernelsprite with another kernelsprite.

That or a cue ball.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rincewind posted:

Here's the one from the last thread.

I don't feel like rebuilding that post, so I'm not going to try and update it anymore.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Lord English will sequentially prototype himself into all four kernals. :pseudo:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Chunky12345 posted:

Here's the one from the last thread.

I don't feel like rebuilding that post, so I'm not going to try and update it anymore.

I want to take this one but I can't thing of a clever or witty tag to go with it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I think I'm part of a very small minority that didn't find this chatlog incredibly funny or anything. It just doesn't hold a candle to Karkat's battles against himself or practically anything with Dave.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ominous Jazz posted:

I want to take this one but I can't thing of a clever or witty tag to go with it

If it were me I'd pull in some Watchmen quote, since that reminds me of the graffiti Rorschach is always seeing, but whatever

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

What would happen (especially in relation to the Black and White king and queen) if two half-prototyped kernel sprites got prototyped with each other before before entering the medium?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

"I'd crush his spine, I'd break his neck
I do so love that man!"

From this is the first thing I thought of.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I decided to just play it safe and go with something I drew, since why would anybody else ever use that for their avatar.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

YF-23 posted:

What would happen (especially in relation to the Black and White king and queen) if two half-prototyped kernel sprites got prototyped with each other before before entering the medium?

I'd imagine they probably repel each other like identical magnetic poles specifically to prevent that sort of thing. Plus, players usually live too far apart for that to be practical, with only one exception that we've seen.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Walliard posted:

with only one exception that we've seen.

Vriska and Eqiuus?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Walliard posted:

I'd imagine they probably repel each other like identical magnetic poles specifically to prevent that sort of thing. Plus, players usually live too far apart for that to be practical, with only one exception that we've seen.

The kids have a god tier or time and a dog tier of space.

Nothing short of the game auto-scratching itself could stop them from doing whatever they want.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Ominous Jazz posted:

I wanna hear you scream, I wanna see you bleed
I wanna wrap my hands around that pretty neck and squeeze
If I could make you cry, I'd swear that I could fly
If it's not clear, I wish that you would close the door and stay with me tonight

Or is that too long?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Rincewind posted:

I decided to just play it safe and go with something I drew, since why would anybody else ever use that for their avatar.

That is incredible! Why haven't I seen your work in the fan art thread? If you drew Kidmom in the same pose holding a martini glass and I would hella use that as an avatar.

Edit: Nevermind, you drew those awesome Victorian trolls, were those ever finished?

Edit2: vvvvvv ... So it was. Just ignore my posts when they're stupid (all the time)

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

That is incredible! Why haven't I seen your work in the fan art thread?

That one was posted in the fanart thread.