Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Wrist Watch posted:

The kids have a god tier or time and a dog tier of space.

Nothing short of the game auto-scratching itself could stop them from doing whatever they want.

Perhaps. But this would result in someone entering without a kernelsprite, which means the Battlefield probably wouldn't be fully-prototyped. Which would be a bad thing.

Unrelated: Tomb of the Ancestors being released possibly tonight, possibly for free.

To clarify: this was to be Robert Blaker's solo album. He's the guy who made Upward Movement and Unbreakable Union.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Walliard posted:

I'd imagine they probably repel each other like identical magnetic poles specifically to prevent that sort of thing. Plus, players usually live too far apart for that to be practical, with only one exception that we've seen.

But really that would be an arbitrary Sburb mechanic and we've seen how well these have worked in not getting broken. Really every time there's a limitation like that this is the go-to MSPA page. Especially Honeybee Professor's face in the end.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

So I got this in my email inbox today :

I didn't know Terezi worked at Capital One :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Walliard posted:

Unrelated: Tomb of the Ancestors being released possibly tonight, possibly for free.

To clarify: this was to be Robert Blaker's solo album. He's the guy who made Upward Movement and Unbreakable Union.

Thanks for posting this, his prog house EP is right up my alley, but I would never have thought to look for it on my own. Very cool, hopefully TotA will be as well.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Walliard posted:

Perhaps. But this would result in someone entering without a kernelsprite, which means the Battlefield probably wouldn't be fully-prototyped. Which would be a bad thing.

That comment about administrative nightmares sounds rather ominous, there isn't another music team drama bomb incoming is there?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Ohtsam posted:

That comment about administrative nightmares sounds rather ominous, there isn't another music team drama bomb incoming is there?

Even if there were (which I doubt), I don't see how it could impact a solo album unless it involved Blaker directly. It's more likely to just be Bandcamp awkwardness.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.
No drama I'm aware of. I think administrative nightmares refers to getting stuff uploaded on bandcamp, finding cover art, etc.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If John and Jade enter this universe before the prototyping starts, I want to see them ready to avoid what went wrong in their game with a set of PERFECTLY GENERIC OBJECTS to stuff into the sprites.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wait I forget, did God Dave and Rose along with everyone else near the Green Sun follow in the Scratch or stay behind?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

pandaK posted:

Wait I forget, did God Dave and Rose along with everyone else near the Green Sun follow in the Scratch or stay behind?

We have not seen them leave the Furthest Ring yet.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Tensei posted:

No drama I'm aware of. I think administrative nightmares refers to getting stuff uploaded on bandcamp, finding cover art, etc.

Ah that makes far more sense

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The Furthest Ring exists outside of the normal time and space of any universe, however, so I think they survived the scratch no problem and are just hanging out with Aradia and Sollux. Plus, it'd make no sense from a storytelling perspective to give them God Tier and then erase them from existence.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Prison Warden posted:

The Furthest Ring exists outside of the normal time and space of any universe, however, so I think they survived the scratch no problem and are just hanging out with Aradia and Sollux. Plus, it'd make no sense from a storytelling perspective to give them God Tier and then erase them from existence.

Unless such a thing would be deemed neither a heroic nor just way to perish, and they resurrected in the Post-Scratch Universe. :tinfoil:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I just realized something. Dave and Rose are still at the Green Sun with Aradia, and the only kids that are presumably in the post-scratch universe right now are Jade and John. Which also happen to be the two respective guardians who are dead, assuming grandma Jade's dead too. So we'll never get to see either of them meet themselves.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, there's not necessarily anything preventing anyone at the Green Sun Pajama Party from entering the Post-Scratch Universe's Sburb session, it seems to be an issue of navigation more than anything else.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think there's the issue that right now, we the readers don't know the physical location of the new universe relative to the Furthest Ring and the trolls/kids near the Green Sun. Is it a new frog that got brought into existence somehow, copying and rewriting the data from the old one that Jack destroyed? Is it the same frog with its history rewritten (and thus still doomed to be destroyed by Jack)? If so, how do they get themselves into it?

I think it's most likely to be the latter option but there's still a lot of ambiguity as to how the actual mechanism of the Scratch works.

Edit: Although maybe a new rewritten frog in the location of the Kids' session would make more sense. I don't know, just speculating baselessly right now.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

YggiDee posted:

Well, there's not necessarily anything preventing anyone at the Green Sun Pajama Party from entering the Post-Scratch Universe's Sburb session, it seems to be an issue of navigation more than anything else.

Dave is like... a master Farthest Ring navigator though. And now he is all pajama'd up too.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Man, looks like Jane doesn't know her detectives THAT well, everyone knows Poirot is BELGIAN. Uncultured SWINE!

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Of course her disguise is lovely - she doesn't have the fake nose.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
one thing I noticed though. in Jakes note to John he knows quite a bit more about Jade, I would assume he had entered the Medium at least by then, and has not yet John upon completing The Bunny. the bunny wields (a copy of?) Dave's current sword, the WoZ, one of the Quills, and Ahab's Crosshairs. I would hope assume that most of these items could only be acquired after Jade brings their planets into their session. partirly Ahab's Crosshairs

so what's up with that?

EDIT: OH YEAH we still don't know how Grandpa Harley got into the kid's session in the first place, and there is still the Chekhov's Gun issue with how Jaspers died.

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 18, 2011

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Snollygoster posted:

There's already this Tumblr backlash against Lalonde on account of the character is allegedly glamorizing alcoholism, and omg she's a teen getting plastered. I don't have a dog in this hunt, but maybe it'd jangle on some bad nerves for someone whose life was wrecked by alcoholism?

Still, pesterlog owns.

It's a little uncomfortable for someone who actually has an alcoholic mother, yeah.

It's still funny but...you can't really laugh for long. I don't know.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
I don't know why, but my favorite part of this update is the drawn Funke in the background.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I don't know why, but my favorite part of this update is the drawn Funke in the background.

He looks kind of like the guy from Ryanquest.

Wait, he was pink, never mind.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Prison Warden posted:

Man, looks like Jane doesn't know her detectives THAT well, everyone knows Poirot is BELGIAN. Uncultured SWINE!

Yea seriously. As soon as I read that I went "HE IS BELGIAN" in my best poirot voice.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY

Chexoid posted:

Yea seriously. As soon as I read that I went "HE IS BELGIAN" in my best poirot voice.

That's the Joke. Poirot is constantly being mistaken for a Frenchman in the novels / t.v. shows, much to his frustration.

PHOOsun fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 18, 2011

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Well it looks like we're back to being Jake now. I'm betting we get a Bro pesterlog at some point too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I knew it. He's using Bro to taunt us. Torturing us with our own imaginations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

And Tomb of the Ancestors is out: http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/album/tomb-of-the-ancestors

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Why does Redglare have elf ears, and what the gently caress is going on with her arm? :stare:

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Spellman posted:

And Tomb of the Ancestors is out: http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/album/tomb-of-the-ancestors

Wow. The piano in ETERNAL SUFFERING is, well, haunting. So good oh my god.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

God I recognize the "THROUGH FIRE, JUSTICE IS SERVED" from some game somewhere but I can't name it! It's driving me nuts.

EDIT: vvv Mischief Makers. Of course!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

standard owl posted:

God I recognize the "THROUGH FIRE, JUSTICE IS SERVED" from some game somewhere but I can't name it! It's driving me nuts.

Mischief Makers, N64.

Also drat this album is sweet.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Prison Warden posted:

Yusssss so much better.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm glad I'm not the only reader to correct Jane over Poirot's nationality in my head.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

PHOOsun posted:

That's the Joke. Poirot is constantly being mistaken for a Frenchman in the novels / t.v. shows, much to his frustration.
It was a really funny joke, and it's fun to play along with it. I came here to mock-rage about the inaccuracy too.

Poirot is awesome. I hope he shows up in other random roles as a running gag because of this.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY

Eiba posted:

It was a really funny joke, and it's fun to play along with it. I came here to mock-rage about the inaccuracy too.

Poirot is awesome. I hope he shows up in other random roles as a running gag because of this.

Oh darn it, I ruined it, sorry :(

To make up for that have some foolish fan speculation :

At some point in the near future, before the guardian kids enter their session john (our john) will attempt to meet Jane at her house. before he does so he will be intercepted by dad who will suffer a PARENTAL MISUNDERSTANDING. Dad invites john in and offers him some cake before launching into the rules regarding dating his daughter. John will not correct this as he wants to hear dad talk one last time whilst enjoying home baked treats.

Tears will be jerked, hard.

PHOOsun fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 18, 2011

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

PHOOsun posted:

Oh darn it, I ruined it, sorry :(

To make up for that have some foolish fan speculation :

At some point in the near future, before the guardian kids enter their session john (our john) will attempt to meet Jane at her house. before he does so he will be intercepted by dad who will suffer a PARENTAL MISUNDERSTANDING. Dad invites john in and offers him some cake before launching into the rules regarding dating his daughter. John will not correct this as he wants to hear dad talk one last time whilst enjoying home baked treats.

Tears will be jerked, hard.

When Rose hugs kidMom in a touching scene of familial reunion you can bet your rear end John will be handing out bunnies.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Eiba posted:

It seems plenty of people were worked up by this.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It seems plenty of people were worked up by this.

Wow, seems a lot of people really didn't get the joke, da kids these days need to read more Agatha Christie it seems.
I thought my use of Uncultured Swine made my sarcasm obvious. Stupid text only communication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Prison Warden posted:

Wow, seems a lot of people really didn't get the joke, da kids these days need to read more Agatha Christie it seems.
I thought my use of Uncultured Swine made my sarcasm obvious. Stupid text only communication

I've never read Christie; I know Poirot is constantly mistaken for being French, but does he always correct people about his nationality? Because that's the only way I can see the meta-joke making sense.