Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I think I'm the only fan of Arthur, seeing him made into a total joke is heartbreaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Doom looks like a chump in that FF-cloak.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Doom looks like a chump in that FF-cloak.

I use that color because it's the closest thing they have to Blue Doom :(

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
What on earth, is Tron's role in this game now? No super armor, no mix-ups, horrible scaling, and now no good assists.

I can't believe out of everyone in vanilla, she got the most nerfs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Thundercracker posted:

What on earth, is Tron's role in this game now?

Troll Megaman Legends fans?

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Niddhogg posted:

Biggest nerf in the game IMO

Thundercracker posted:

What on earth, is Tron's role in this game now? No super armor, no mix-ups, horrible scaling, and now no good assists.

Benchwarmer

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

cumtini... on ice posted:

Biggest nerf in the game IMO

Seriously. Capcom, what were you thinking? I'd even pay for it as DLC... :eng99:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Thundercracker posted:

She can cancel Bandit Boulder which makes her combos even longer and more damaging. In exchange for this, she no longer has the scrubbiest assist in the game and you are forced to use more than one move (hint: tonka shovel is also a good air normal but you can't just throw it out like you could her air h in FTW).

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Tae posted:

The Mayor's problem has always been being zoned out, and now especially with zone characters being buffed in a sense with no blocking airdash, he's worse as a character along with a nerfed lariat.

He never had an airdash to start with and still doesn't so I don't see how that changes anything.

Also now that I think about it, giving Haggar an OTG that he can only follow up with assists was kind of a smart move by Capcom, maybe that's their way of saying "STOP PUTTING HAGGAR ON ANCHOR YOU DIPSHITS"

edit:

Niddhogg posted:

Haggar/Arthur/Doom: The best team... ever?

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 17, 2011

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Broken Loose posted:

She can cancel Bandit Boulder which makes her combos even longer and more damaging. In exchange for this, she no longer has the scrubbiest assist in the game and you are forced to use more than one move (hint: tonka shovel is also a good air normal but you can't just throw it out like you could her air h in FTW).

I really don't mind the nerfing of the assist. But I can't understand the nerf to her H at all. Plus I heard rumors that she was going to get a command projectile dodge, which got me all excited.

I'm just annoyed that they spent zero effort making her viable. I played her in MvC2, and would like her not to be utterly terrible.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

She can cancel Bandit Boulder which makes her combos even longer and more damaging.

I'm pretty sure this is untrue because the untechable time from rock pickup part of Bandit Boulder decreases with combo length.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Is there a decent list somewhere of point-characters and anchors? That would come in handy when constructing a team.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

BattleHamster posted:

I'm pretty sure this is untrue because the untechable time from rock pickup part of Bandit Boulder decreases with combo length.

It makes a big difference when it comes to things like comboing out of her throw and command throw without needing an assist.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Her combos are most definitely not longer than they were before, and the nerfs to Maximum Tron Bonne suck too

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Dodgeball posted:

Is there a decent list somewhere of point-characters and anchors?

Not... really... With the only real known anchor character being Dark Phoenix, who deeply suffers being on point.

Players over vanilla's lifespan have made a variety of different team setups with point characters and anchors work out. Where someone swears by using character X as an anchor, you'll have someone do better with character X as a point character and vice-versa. It really depends more on your play-style and team synergy more than anything.

Some characters have really powerful assists (Sentinel Drones, Haggar Lariat, Wesker Gun-shot, Akuma Tatsu, etc.. etc..), which ultimately lends to them becoming an anchor character, in order to gain the most benefit from the assist... Yet at the same time, you'll see examples time and time again of people going against that line of thought, with situations like [Row vs. F.Champ] at the last vanilla-MvC3 major with Row playing Sentinel on point in the Grand Finals.

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 17, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

New (slightly harder but still not fly unfly hard) nova bnb:

(jH) M/2M H/2H S jH j214L jH M H S jM jM jH (j236L or M) super.

The trick to this is to hit the jH after the first jS as soon as you can, and immediatly cancel into the L rocket punch, you then catch the enemy with a falling jH so you can relaunch, the timing on this isn't super hard but it'll take some practice. Depending on timing it's possible to omit the standing M and just do standing H to get the relaunch, but it's hard.

Might not work on smaller or larger characters, I haven't checked yet.

Does 735,500 with standing attacks, the gravametric pulse, super nova full mash, and no red life used.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Not... really... With the only real known anchor character being Dark Phoenix, who deeply suffers being on point.

Of course she does, you can't put her on point. You can put Phoenix on point though, and that's not always a horrible idea if you know what you're doing. They are two seperate characters, they have been the whole time, and the sooner people realize it the better. Starting to see more regular Phoenix play in the last few months of original marvel's lifespan, hopefully that continues into ultimate.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Regular Phoenix play was always putting her into slot 3 and only fighting with her when she got snapped in or didn't have 5 bars yet, though. Nobody put her on point or into slot 2.

edit: well aside from that one guy at the start of the MvC3 EVO tournament I guess

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Of course she does, you can't put her on point. You can put Phoenix on point though, and that's not always a horrible idea if you know what you're doing.

Deathwish will forever live on in our hearts :allears:

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
On the topic of Nova's fly unfly combos, how do you get the 'lots of H's' combo to hit midscreen? I can hit H, fly, H, unfly, then the next H always seems to whiff because they are too far away. What am I doing wrong?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Of course she does, you can't put her on point. You can put Phoenix on point though, and that's not always a horrible idea if you know what you're doing. They are two seperate characters, they have been the whole time, and the sooner people realize it the better. Starting to see more regular Phoenix play in the last few months of original marvel's lifespan, hopefully that continues into ultimate.

Why the gently caress would you put Phoenix on point? She dies in half a combo.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

TaurusOxford posted:

You are crazy and want to try to copy Deathwish' crazy starting combo

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

TaurusOxford posted:

Phoenix Inferno has 15 frames of invincibility and causes wall bounce. Most people were mashing throw+assist at the beginning of the fight, so you could bait a happy birthday and either just combo right away or X-Factor into raw tag while the opponent is still flying back from the wall bounce.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

Fellblade posted:

On the topic of Nova's fly unfly combos, how do you get the 'lots of H's' combo to hit midscreen? I can hit H, fly, H, unfly, then the next H always seems to whiff because they are too far away. What am I doing wrong?

You're probably jumping too quickly after the launcher. Pause for a split second before super jumping up before the first H and it should work.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Also now that I think about it, giving Haggar an OTG that he can only follow up with assists was kind of a smart move by Capcom, maybe that's their way of saying "STOP PUTTING HAGGAR ON ANCHOR YOU DIPSHITS"
That's what i've been saying for a long time. Haggar on point with a horizontal projectile assist is amazing. Also having the ability to be invincible on point at the press of two buttons is something people really underestimate. Now that rapid fire fist has starup invincibility even a whiffed lariat won't be punishable if you can DHC into your assist character.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Niddhogg posted:

now you have to pay for Blue taskmaster...hosed Up.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

rocket USA posted:

You're probably jumping too quickly after the launcher. Pause for a split second before super jumping up before the first H and it should work.

I was attempting to hit the first H as fast as possible, should I still do this if I leave the jump a bit or can I let it rock till the apex of the jump?

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

Fellblade posted:

I was attempting to hit the first H as fast as possible, should I still do this if I leave the jump a bit or can I let it rock till the apex of the jump?

Letting it rock until the apex of the jump is what works for me. Characters keep moving in whatever direction they were flying while getting comboed in the air so if you hit them ASAP they're going to continue going up and away from you which is (possibly) what's making that last hit whiff.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The KoRn Identity posted:

now you have to pay for Blue taskmaster...hosed Up.

Fortunately default Taskmaster is still the coolest, and leagues better than Udon task.

FauxCyclops
Feb 25, 2007

I'm the man who killed Hostess. Now, say my name.
My ears are trained out for any sign of the mail truck carrying my NZ release day copy. I feel like a kid again. At least in exchange for a few extra days of waiting I get ALL of the costume dlc :smug:

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
What are some ways to escape air resets? I've been practicing resets using Nemesis's command grabs and franks anti-air super and I don't know what to look for if the opponent doesn't just take it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Veev posted:

What are some ways to escape air resets? I've been practicing resets using Nemesis's command grabs and franks anti-air super and I don't know what to look for if the opponent doesn't just take it.

Forward and backward techs, mash jL, mash an assist, throw tech, air dash, teleport, frame one invincible air hyper.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Maybe I'm silly, but where's heroes vs. heralds located? Can't seem to find that mode.

\/\/\/ Ah, thank you.

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 18, 2011

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dodgeball posted:

Maybe I'm silly, but where's heroes vs. heralds located? Can't seem to find that mode.

It isn't out yet.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I preordered UMvC3 off Amazon and I don't see any code for activating my alt costumes... is it on the receipt or something? Did I get screwed?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Gammatron 64 posted:

I preordered UMvC3 off Amazon and I don't see any code for activating my alt costumes... is it on the receipt or something? Did I get screwed?

You should have received it in a separate e-mail. Contact amazon support by this point

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah I didn't get mine either... but I contacted their customer them and they just resent it to my email with no hassle.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
If anyone who preordered from best buy still isn't getting their code by email, give them a call at 1888bestbuy. I just did that earlier today and he kept me on line until the email was sent to me. Obviously have your receipt ready.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Thanks, guys. I had no idea they were emailing them now. I thought they were supposed to be included in the box.

Do you guys think Doom and Spencer would make a good team? Who would be a good 3rd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Thanks, guys. I had no idea they were emailing them now. I thought they were supposed to be included in the box.

Do you guys think Doom and Spencer would make a good team? Who would be a good 3rd?

spencer and doctor doom are two bad characters with nothing to offer a team.

• Locked thread