Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.
Has Doom always been vulnerable so long with his Hidden Missiles assist? I keep killing him with beams accidentally when he's called. Maybe it's just bad play I'm encountering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

NecroMonster posted:

My new nova Bnb.

No red life spent, standing attacks, jH starter this does 774,800 damage, full mash.

The standing M is harder to hit against really big characters but not impossible. Against smaller character you need to delay the jH after your second launcher. This should work anywhere.

Use your red life on this, or putting up gravametric pulse barriers, don't bother using it for the beam super unless you're doing a punish or burning it in a THC or DHC.

I can't seem to do this outside of a corner. Once the first Nova Strike hits the opponent gets knocked too far out of range for j.H to hit. I can't seem to do it any lower to the ground than I currently am. Do you have any advice?

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Combofiend looks like he's in the process of dropping Nemesis. :(

I might be slowly settling on using Spider-Man in a team, does anybody know if he still needs an OTG assist behind him to be effective, or does the new Web Zip thing work okay?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

InnercityGriot posted:

I'm not surprised in the least. Every single match he played it was just him getting opened up instantly because his super armor kicks in so late for his moves that have it.

Percity
Oct 24, 2006

Web zip otg works decently for comboing off of air throws and web throws (dash and then do it). It's kind of hard to use in the corner but I think you can do web swing canceled to web zip to get a minimum height otg. I haven't used it much because I still have Wesker on my team and I've been playing around with other characters, but it seems pretty good.

My brain shuts off when I play Dr. Strange. I guess he's supposed to just set up teleport guesses with daggers but I just end up standing there like an idiot when I play a character without a good dash.

Percity fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 18, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

I can't seem to do this outside of a corner. Once the first Nova Strike hits the opponent gets knocked too far out of range for j.H to hit. I can't seem to do it any lower to the ground than I currently am. Do you have any advice?

Not really. I haven't had it fail yet, it does look like the opponent goes behind me when I do this, but the combo works normally.

What character are you trying this on, maybe I can replicate.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Captain Corduroy posted:

Has Doom always been vulnerable so long with his Hidden Missiles assist? I keep killing him with beams accidentally when he's called. Maybe it's just bad play I'm encountering.

Yeah he always was crazy free if you had a beams, thing is you are supposed to call assists when they can't do this to him. That and you normally still have to deal with a few doom missles in the air even if you tag him.

Countblanc posted:

Acceptable alternatives include tea-bagging and using a really long super.

This game needs the equivalent of Blazblue CT's FuRinKaZan.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

NecroMonster posted:

Not really. I haven't had it fail yet, it does look like the opponent goes behind me when I do this, but the combo works normally.

What character are you trying this on, maybe I can replicate.

I'm trying it on Vergil. My training team is Vergil/Raccoon/Sentinel so I have one opponent of each size, but I'm starting to worry that our little anime friend is on the runt side. I'd switch him to Wesker but I know how drat popular Vergil is, so the practice is useful.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Just want to say Ghost Rider(Spire)/Dormammu(Dark Hole)/Strange(Bolts) is a blast and has been helping me destroy online scrubs.

I don't know how GR is going to hold up as the game progresses/once I make it out for some live play but right now he's been pulling more than his weight for me. If anyone else is playing him with Dormammu I cooked up a variation on his basic bnb that gets a bit more meter/damage and uses Dark Hole:

s.HH 623L s.HH~A1~214L s.S sj.MMS dash 236L 236PP

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I rather like some of the new costumes in the costume packs, I'm looking forward to getting some of those. At last Spencer will look like he should have always looked!

Also I love that MODOK's upcoming alternate costume basically turns him into Magnanimous from Megas XLR, who was based on MODOK anyway (and voiced by Bruce Campbell).

He even wore some Elvis type sunglasses.

Honky Donkey Man
May 15, 2004

I'm an Ass Man
ggs duffath, you were destroying me in there, your rocket raccoon rushdown was scary, once you got in with him I wasn't sure whether to block low or high. Shame my XBL connection started playing up.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So, has anyone more skilled than I am been working on any good Zero tech? I've been trying things, some of it interesting but mainly, I've been trying to get ground combo > air combo > Sentsuizan H > Buster Cancel > Raikousen L > Ryuenjiin L. I swear to Christ, that Raikousen requires stupid tight timing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but Goddamn, something's gotta give here.

Also, goddamn, that hitstun scaling thing really hurts. You can't do a full relaunch combo like you could in Vanilla, which kinda sucks.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Honky Donkey Man posted:

ggs duffath, you were destroying me in there, your rocket raccoon rushdown was scary, once you got in with him I wasn't sure whether to block low or high. Shame my XBL connection started playing up.
Is he still playing Coon/Hawkeye/Doom? What a gay-rear end monkeyfucking team...

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Combofiend's stream is still going. It's 6:30 AM Pacific. Yipes vs warren http://www.twitch.tv/comboratorylive

InnercityGriot posted:

Who's he picking up?

Honky Donkey Man
May 15, 2004

I'm an Ass Man

Cat Machine posted:

Is he still playing Coon/Hawkeye/Doom? What a gay-rear end monkeyfucking team...

Yeah, seems like a good set up capable of either playing keepaway against decent players or rushing down/doing whatever you want against bad players such as myself. As a Hulk player who loves to use the Noah strategy of mashing the gently caress out of the H button I can't possibly comment on the gayness of it all though.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
So, what teams are you guys usuing? So far I'm maining Deadpool/Firebrand/Sentinel. Would like to switch out Sent, but drones is my favorite assist to use with Deadpool. Firebrand's hypers are almost pure trash, but his swooping assist is pretty fast and he's a blast to play on point. So far, I'm having fun with this team, but they really don't feel that good. Or maybe I'm just not that good :(

infinite99
Aug 9, 2006

ANY OF YALLS DICKS HARD??
Runnin' Sets with Combofiend and Marn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdJkEEhhPSM

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

infinite99 posted:

I can pretty much tell it's 5-0 already because the vid length is 17 minutes lol.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
So what is going on with the new Brady Games guide? Has anyone gotten it yet, and how/where? My amazon/bnb seem to be wanting to take forever with it.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I got mine at a barnes and noble of all places.

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

Honky Donkey Man posted:

GGs, sorry your connection gone hosed up.

As far as rocket goes, yeah he's annoying when he gets in but I wonder how whether he'll be good in the long run, because it seems really hard to open people up sometimes when fast B. The storm style float overheads would work but it's impossible to get into range where j.A will actually work like that.

He's got some sort of okayish pressure, but I really can't figure out how to open people up while moving from outside massive loving sword or hulk arm range into a range where I can actually hit people.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Dosvidanya posted:

I got mine at a barnes and noble of all places.

In store or online?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

In store. Probably could order it online from them, but I was just surprised when I checked since best buy/gamestop/fye/etc didn't have any and there it was, a book in a book store.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Dosvidanya posted:

In store. Probably could order it online from them, but I was just surprised when I checked since best buy/gamestop/fye/etc didn't have any and there it was, a book in a book store.

Thanks, I have sort of considered BNB stores a thing not considered these days.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I just noticed that the intro movie when you load up the game and in the Gallery isn't the full length 5 minute cinematic. :(

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Dosvidanya posted:

I can pretty much tell it's 5-0 already because the vid length is 17 minutes lol.

You would be very wrong.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I just got my first Ultimate disconnect when I killed a Sentinel assist with Gimlet :kiddo:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

kaujot posted:

You would be very wrong.

v:shobon:v Not my fault Combofiend can't close out strong.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
So I've been running Hawkeye/Haggar/Dr. Doom (Team Fastest-Strongest-Smartest). Would running Haggar on point be a better choice? Lariat and plasma beam are great assists for Hawkeye, but Haggar doesn't really seem to get any mileage out of Hawkeye's assists when he already has access to Dr. D. Any suggestions? Also does the hard knockdown on air S open up any not quite as damaging but fairly easy Doom midscreen combos?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm honestly surprised Marn took any games after watching his Vergil "combos." Looks like he didn't get much/any training room time in before that set.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Haggar/Hawkeye with poison arrow assist might do a ton of damage with Doom helping him get in.

You can follow up foot dive with doom mid air with an air dash (I don't think you can do it with S) so basically midscreen it's...

mhs sjmm f+h air dash mm land ms I believe. I'm not too sure.

Guide says (lmhs or c.lmhs) m (2 hits) f+h airdash down towards m (2 hits) land cmhs relaunch repeat

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 18, 2011

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Also does the hard knockdown on air S open up any not quite as damaging but fairly easy Doom midscreen combos?

If you're right on top of them when you land the S you can just OTG with H, launch, and do his M&M combo, I don't remember the exact optimal combo but it's something like ([sj.M 6H addf M (land) c.MHS)x2] sj.MM 6H MM 214PP)

If you're not right on top of them you just need to tri-jump at them before the H and it will connect. In the corner you can do his bullshit sj.M 6H S loop off of it very easily.

EDIT: It's good to see you in here Tommy, it's been too long since I gave up CoH and you left my life :gbsmith:

great big cardboard tube fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 18, 2011

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

infinite99 posted:

Fuuuuuck, I don't think I've ever seen anyone as consistently good with any character in a fighting game as Combofiend is with Spencer. But then again, I don't watch or play too much.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone know of any assists that work really well with Ghost Rider?

I'm using Hawkeye's straight arrow because it works really well with him (and because he's an amazing anchor) but I need someone to stick in the middle.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Seizure Robot posted:

I'm honestly surprised Marn took any games after watching his Vergil "combos." Looks like he didn't get much/any training room time in before that set.

It's because Combofiend was using Nemesis.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Fenn the Fool! posted:

So I've been running Hawkeye/Haggar/Dr. Doom (Team Fastest-Strongest-Smartest). Would running Haggar on point be a better choice? Lariat and plasma beam are great assists for Hawkeye, but Haggar doesn't really seem to get any mileage out of Hawkeye's assists when he already has access to Dr. D. Any suggestions? Also does the hard knockdown on air S open up any not quite as damaging but fairly easy Doom midscreen combos?
I would suggest putting haggar on point since he can do 700k with no meter and you can use the meter he builds on Gimlet. I would use Greyhound assist to get in and Doom Missiles for anti-air.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

This game needs the equivalent of Blazblue CT's FuRinKaZan.

Jill's level 3 is functionally identical, but limited to like 30-something dashes or so.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I am aware of Dr. D's S j.M j.fH DFairdash j.M cr.MHS loop, but that poo poo is hard. I have his corner combos down no problem and I need to learn that midscreen one eventually, but in the interim are there any midscreen combos that are easier than the above loop but more damaging than c.LMHSj.MMfHhyper?

The_Cack posted:

I would suggest putting haggar on point since he can do 700k with no meter and you can use the meter he builds on Gimlet. I would use Greyhound assist to get in and Doom Missiles for anti-air.
This sounds good, but I need to see if the arrows will let Haggar combo out of a c.H OTG like plasma beam will.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

S-Alpha posted:

So, has anyone more skilled than I am been working on any good Zero tech? I've been trying things, some of it interesting but mainly, I've been trying to get ground combo > air combo > Sentsuizan H > Buster Cancel > Raikousen L > Ryuenjiin L. I swear to Christ, that Raikousen requires stupid tight timing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but Goddamn, something's gotta give here.

Also, goddamn, that hitstun scaling thing really hurts. You can't do a full relaunch combo like you could in Vanilla, which kinda sucks.

Usually if I drop the Raikousen it's because I'm doing it too fast. Try Sentsuizan (pause) Buster (pause) Raikousen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Yay top 100 in ranked win streaks! Sure it was against really terrible players but yay.

Is the character usage screen bugged? Because no character is listed at above 30% and I'm not that diverse in my selection.

• Locked thread