Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

P.S. You know about Finnish football right? Who the gently caress is Henrik Ojamaa? He's apparently on trial with us and no-one has ever heard of him before, and is he any loving good? More importantly though is Motherwell in Finish really Motherwellille? 'cause all those extra ille is really doing it for me.

Some Estonian winger/striker, I saw him play for RoPS twice this year, looked pretty good, but they were by far the worst team in the league all season so it was hard to make any strong conclusions. He's fast and pretty skillful, but has no left foot whatsoever and isn't exactly a clinical finisher.

"Motherwellille" = for Motherwell. As any Latinist will tell you, cases are much more eloquent than the crude prepositions of English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Anae posted:

That would be Kasra. I'm actually pretty excited by that - Critical puts out some of the small amount of d&b I still really like, and Kasra is a fantastically good talent-spotter. He's the guy who first picked up on both Rockwell and Hybris and gave them their first releases.

Co-signing Anae on the Kasra endorsement.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

Co-signing Anae on the Kasra endorsement.

And even I don't mind some of the stuff he puts out, and the likes of Rockwell etc. Not that I would buy it, but those who know me know that "I think it's alright" is one of the highest accolades I give most modern Drum & Bass.

Speaking of the breakbeat science. Sublogic Recordings continue their rare Jungle and Hardcore re-issues/lost dubplate releases with this Q-Project/Babylon Timewarp split. I think the test pressings have just came out so I expect the actual thing to be out soon-ish, if it's not already out. The only bad side is the high prices - though I guess the originals would set you back more - and I guess there is a very limited market for obscure Jungle reissues.

And I was going to mention this on next week, but I figured it's been months since I mentioned out. VVV's first LP is due out Monday on local Glaswegian label Fortified. Distribution is by Rubadub I believe and it's sounding very nice. If you liked the Sully album that was out a month or two ago you'll love this.

Ras Het posted:

Some Estonian winger/striker, I saw him play for RoPS twice this year, looked pretty good, but they were by far the worst team in the league all season so it was hard to make any strong conclusions. He's fast and pretty skillful, but has no left foot whatsoever and isn't exactly a clinical finisher.

"Motherwellille" = for Motherwell. As any Latinist will tell you, cases are much more eloquent than the crude prepositions of English.

Yeah when the news was announced everyone was like,"who the gently caress is that?". I saw a video of his goals on Youtube, but since it was made by his agent I think it's not exactly going to be neutral. You're definitely right about having no left foot, that won't do him so well here.

He seems to have been passed about clubs like a hot potato as well. Derby County, Aachen and a host of loans. Never a good sign. We don't have much money and I don't like it wasted on completely obscure, useless players. Last year our old oval office of a manager decided the future stars was Cypriot Angelus Charalambous(currently seen warming the bench at the Scotland V Cyprus friendly), and Spaniard Esteban Casagolda, plucked from third division Belgian football before we realised he was there for a reason. Craig Brown, what a senile old oval office, I'm glad he's rotting up in Aberdeen. If we could get another Finn like Valakari though I'd be happy.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Yeah when the news was announced everyone was like,"who the gently caress is that?". I saw a video of his goals on Youtube, but since it was made by his agent I think it's not exactly going to be neutral. You're definitely right about having no left foot, that won't do him so well here.

He seems to have been passed about clubs like a hot potato as well. Derby County, Aachen and a host of loans. Never a good sign. We don't have much money and I don't like it wasted on completely obscure, useless players. Last year our old oval office of a manager decided the future stars was Cypriot Angelus Charalambous(currently seen warming the bench at the Scotland V Cyprus friendly), and Spaniard Esteban Casagolda, plucked from third division Belgian football before we realised he was there for a reason. Craig Brown, what a senile old oval office, I'm glad he's rotting up in Aberdeen. If we could get another Finn like Valakari though I'd be happy.

Oh shush, at least you have some money to spend: we just lost our best player to an amateur second division team because, dig this, it's financially better for him to play part-time and study to become a plumber at the same time, than play full-time in the league. No wonder everyone prefers to go to Scotland or the German regional divisions.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Ras Het posted:

Oh shush, at least you have some money to spend: we just lost our best player to an amateur second division team because, dig this, it's financially better for him to play part-time and study to become a plumber at the same time, than play full-time in the league. No wonder everyone prefers to go to Scotland or the German regional divisions.

Actually there was a striker here recently who choose to do the same thing. It was in the news. A lot of 2nd and even some lower 1st division clubs wanted him but he was making more money as a spark or plumber so signed on for some 3rd division team. Terrible days when someone actually makes a conscious choice to play for East Stirlingshire or whoever it was.

I figured Finnish football would have been similar to here actually. Roughly the same population and all that. Or is ice hockey or basketball the thing in Finland?

edit: and once again I'd like to remind folk the unofficial title of this thread may possibly be UK Bass (Dubstep, Grime, Garage, UK Funky, etc.) 2011 Remix + small Scottish and Finnish football teams. And only Scottish and Finnish football, none of that English or Swedish shite here.

28 Gun Bad Boy fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 17, 2011

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Actually there was a striker here recently who choose to do the same thing. It was in the news. A lot of 2nd and even some lower 1st division clubs wanted him but he was making more money as a spark or plumber so signed on for some 3rd division team. Terrible days when someone actually makes a conscious choice to play for East Stirlingshire or whoever it was.

I figured Finnish football would have been similar to here actually. Roughly the same population and all that. Or is ice hockey or basketball the thing in Finland?

Yeah there's gently caress all money in football here, there's only three clubs who could be said to be financially viable professional clubs in the long term: HJK, TPS and Inter Turku. The league has only been fully professional since the early to mid '90s, and it's probably gonna go back to semiprofessionalism as so many clubs are reliant on underpaid youth players and subpar foreigners nowadays. When I was a kid our star players were still working at the local factories to earn a living, hah.

And yeah ice hockey is by far the biggest team sport in Finland, football attracts crowds of barely two thousand on average. Greater Helsinki has roughly the same population as Greater Glasgow, but its only succesful footy team atm, HJK, have an average attendance of around 5k. Only the national team manages to sell out the 35k capacity Olympic Stadium sometimes.

Ras Het fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 17, 2011

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

And only Scottish and Finnish football, none of that English or Swedish shite here.

Bbbut where else would I talk about Zlatan being a diva?

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Apparently the brostep thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Rs4jY6qGs

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Well you can talk about him whenever one of the Old Firm sign him when he's old and past his prime. And you've probably got more chance of FC Haka signing him than massive-tax-bill-pending Rangers or just plain old shite Celtic. Until then you'll talk about the sheer majesty that is Tom Hateley's set pieces and like it dammit! e: or the majesty that is Alexei Eremenko.

And hey in yet more cool (and non-football related) news. I never knew R&S was starting up their In Order To Dance series again. Well here's their new and horribly named IOTDXI (just call it what it is and not like a Autechre track name). Did you miss the last few R&S releases over the past few years? Well never fear 'cause the best chunks are here in handy dandy 2CD or 3LP form. The LP seems cool and instead of a download code gives you the actual CDs by the looks of it. Which is for the best when in 4 years you try to download it again, only to find R&S have giving up and went back to re-releasing The Vamp and Selected Ambient Works again.

28 Gun Bad Boy fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 17, 2011

nibe
Feb 23, 2008

a milk crime posted:

If you don't have a copy of the Brodinski fabriclive mix, I would highly recommend it. I remember looking at the tracklist being pretty hesitant, but it is seriously next level.
At Exit Fest this summer I chanced to wander by Gesaffelstein playing one of the smaller stages, and I'm really glad I did. I know it doesn't really fit this thread (it's techno) but his single Control Movement is on that mix and the first release of Brodinski's Bromance digital label.

The dude is basically raw French sexuality, video of him playing the new track:
http://youtu.be/3bYIAjw7oF8?t=6m55s

nibe fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 17, 2011

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

nibe posted:

At Exit Fest this summer I chanced to wander by Gesaffelstein playing one of the smaller stages, and I'm really glad I did. I know it doesn't really fit this thread (it's techno) but his single Control Movement is on that mix and the first release of Brodinski's Bromance digital label.

The dude is basically raw French sexuality, video of him playing the new track:
http://youtu.be/3bYIAjw7oF8?t=6m55s

All I can think of in that video is how he's allowed to smoke in the club. I miss those days.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Monkeytown is getting really quite busy. Along with the Modeselektor / Anstam / Cosmin TRG / Addison Groove full-lengths, they've got a new LP from Benjamin Damage and Doc Daneeka in the wings. This on the heels of the announcement that Mouse On Mars would be releasing their tenth album on the label, which I'm less enthused about, considering that those guys are the other "classic IDM" outfit I always found dull (the first being Four Tet, of course). Always had a soft spot for Lithops, though. Just weird I guess.

Also speaking of Anstam there were some late-entry Radiohead remixes that are coming out on Monday, of which they have contributed along with Nathan Fake and Jamie xx.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Nov 18, 2011

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
The LP releases which come with the CD too really is a great idea. I don't care much about download codes, they are ok i guess, but the CD/LP packages are excellent. The difference in price is so small it's always worth buying. Like Sepalcure LP shipping today, i would have got if the LP included CD. But it's separate unfortunately.

And if you're into this genre or most electronic in general i don't see why you'd rely on streams as your main source; it reminds me of when people buy from grey area Russian sites for dirt cheap (not so much now but in the past) then defend it as being legal. You might as well not do it at all because its doing gently caress all for the artists. It's really not expensive to buy physical releases, at the very least the stuff you like most; not to mention it keeps some resale value.

A good release to buy this week would be Julio Bashmore - Everybody Needs A Theme Tune, which was repressed as PMR001B after it's original release in January became extremely popular and sold out very quickly. It was going for up to 70 quid on discogs. It's probably my favourite release this year. The repress is straight to number 1 on chemical-record's sales chart, rare that something is so sought after.

infinity2005 fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 18, 2011

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

infinity2005 posted:

The LP releases which come with the CD too really is a great idea. I don't care much about download codes, they are ok i guess, but the CD/LP packages are excellent. The difference in price is so small it's always worth buying. Like Sepalcure LP shipping today, i would have got if the LP included CD. But it's separate unfortunately.

And if you're into this genre or most electronic in general i don't see why you'd rely on streams as your main source; it reminds me of when people buy from grey area Russian sites for dirt cheap (not so much now but in the past) then defend it as being legal. You might as well not do it at all because its doing gently caress all for the artists. It's really not expensive to buy physical releases, at the very least the stuff you like most; not to mention it keeps some resale value.

Well if you're a total loving retard like me you used to buy both the CD and the vinyl. Sadly for the labels even I had to stop that when vinyl prices started to skyrocket.

I can understand peoples complaints about cost from that perspective. The rise of the £6.99 vinyl has really pissed me off. £5.49 or £5.99 was bad enough, but now it just goes up and up and unsurprisingly vinyls pressings go down. I was shocked a year or two ago when I found out the average run nowadays was only 300, down nearly half from just about 5-6 years ago. 500 for a run was bad enough, 300 is just crazy. Too much choice? Too much poo poo on the market maybe? All watering down the sales of everyone?

If they could get it back to a fiver a disc it'd be cool, then you could walk out the store with an albums worth of material for a tenner(that's 2 EPs worth, or you could work in the Tangerine Dream LP length yardstick and have 2 singles for 4 tracks.).

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

thepopstalinist posted:

Monkeytown is getting really quite busy.

I think more labels are following suit, doing LPs and compilations, and Monkeytown is one of the ones really pushing forward with artist LPs lined up already. I think Tectonic is another good example.

In the drum'n'bass market, dBridge has several LPs signed for Exit (Loxy & Resound soon, another Consequence LP, who knows what else), and one the more dancefloor side of the spectrum, nearly every label exclusive artist for Ram Records mentions their upcoming LP that they're working on (e.g. Culture Shock, Wilkinson, DC Breaks, Loadstarr, etc.).

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

I think more labels are following suit, doing LPs and compilations, and Monkeytown is one of the ones really pushing forward with artist LPs lined up already. I think Tectonic is another good example.

In the drum'n'bass market, dBridge has several LPs signed for Exit (Loxy & Resound soon, another Consequence LP, who knows what else), and one the more dancefloor side of the spectrum, nearly every label exclusive artist for Ram Records mentions their upcoming LP that they're working on (e.g. Culture Shock, Wilkinson, DC Breaks, Loadstarr, etc.).

It's an easy way to gain money at least. Albums are the last things in music that seem to still make money. Especially the modern electronic stuff where it's not like you need to hire a studio or anything. Just mastering, artwork and send it to the factory.

Even in the early days of Dubstep they were really good sellers. Obviously you have Burial hitting 5 digit sales, Skream's first LP ended up with about 5000 CD sales, and Vex'd Degenerate was about 4000(both not long after release so no clue what they are now), so not a bad little profit really(and if I could find 5-6 year old links to show the sources on them I would).

And wasn't Chase & Status' first album on Ram something crazy like 50k copies?

Of course as long as we get more albums that are actually albums and not just singles collection(I'm looking at you early 90s Hardcore albums!).

Ola Ugh
May 19, 2005

Sjåre brymæ
Re-post UKG thread in weakly entertainment because this is too good

Brenmar - Temperature
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvTpcxECHg

ZanderZ
Apr 7, 2011

by T. Mascis

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Well Zed's Dead puts on a pretty drat good show. My expectations were not high, but both their opener, Bass Science, and their set was amazing. They played for about two hours, had the crowd moving the entire time and even gave us a new song at the end as an encore that they claimed they hadn't played anywhere else. So many build ups and wicked drops I lost track, I think they even threw in Tiesto and Aoki's new song Tornado and mashed it up. It also helped that it was a 18+ venue and a Tuesday night, older crowd was in effect and it was pleasant, though one drugged up natty looking dude tried to fight someone right behind me for dancing with his girl.

I highly recommend seeing them if they come by your town, tickets were only 20 bucks and they put on a banging show. I can't wait to see them again at Lights All Night.

Zed's Dead puts on more than a drat good show. I get depressed thinking about it because of how much fun I had and how I long for the next time he comes to my city.

Everyone in the venue was into it. You know when you're watching a fake party scene in a movie and you're like, "Hey. Real life parties are not like that!" Zed's Dead shows are like that.

I've been looking for more artists with a simmiliar style to Zeds' Dead. The closest I can find is Datsik.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Kind of a stretch and totally not the right thread for this I'm sure, but do any of you know the house tunes in this video clip (house crew dance battle):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHLHZDyU7Cw

Some of it might be considered funky? IDK, might be deep house, not too schooled on that stuff, although I like Maya Jane Coles tunes.

qwako
Sep 11, 2009

infinity2005 posted:

A good release to buy this week would be Julio Bashmore - Everybody Needs A Theme Tune, which was repressed as PMR001B after it's original release in January became extremely popular and sold out very quickly. It was going for up to 70 quid on discogs. It's probably my favourite release this year. The repress is straight to number 1 on chemical-record's sales chart, rare that something is so sought after.

Yessssss every tune on this is gold and now its mine

i saw joy o last night at some intimate venue doing a house set pretty good

That Wicked Walrus
Sep 24, 2010

you've gotta keep movin'
"Battle for Middle You" is suuuuuch a jam.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

That Wicked Walrus posted:

"Battle for Middle You" is suuuuuch a jam.

Anthem everywhere it gets dropped. I've been dropping it into the Crazy Cousinz mix of Shystie's 'Pull It' which goes down well.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
The Author LP is leaked. It is fantastic.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Weaponized Cum posted:

The Author LP is leakedfor sale now. It is fantastic.

And from the sounds of it, it is fantastic.

I've always liked Jack Sparrow, a really sound guy. Actually the Fortified guys got him up on before he even had a record out and I remember being really impressed by him even then. Hasn't gotten anywhere near the attention he really should have. And Ruckspin is cool too I guess.

You've heard it all before but more waxing nostalgic: Dubstep dances here first kicked off early summer 2006, at the then named Home Studios(beside 13th Note for those interested). Mala and Skream both played there, with Mala playing a monumental set until 5:30 in the morning, few things in my life match walking out those basement stairs in a complete mindfucked Buckie punched daze, to be greeted by the sun just rising over a empty and quiet carpark in Glasgow town centre on a Sunday morning.

Anyway after that we ended up at some place in Merchant City for another month or so, before moving into Blackfriars Basement(yet another lovely basement function suite beneath a pub), every other week, 7-8pm until 1am. That was a great time, with every other week one or two people more would show up, then one or two more the next week etc(this is why I say regular shows are really what builds up steam). 4-5 of us chipping in for a taxi since it beats the lovely bus.

Of course a heap of great DJs and artists helped as well. Like I mentioned Jack Sparrow played a great set, Forensixs, Gravious, local Techno/Acid guys Sleepless Crew played live with 2 MPC1000s and a Space Echo, Tom Churchill who ran the great labels Headspace Recordings and Emoticon played(check those labels out by the way), Kode9 played a Christmas set, and I remember Pokes ended back up here more than once. Good times.

nibe
Feb 23, 2008
Joker Essential Mix live right now available for listen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0171q23

nibe fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 19, 2011

Symptomless Coma
Mar 30, 2007
for shock value
Love Jack Sparrow, and his and Ruckspin's involvement in Submotion Orchestra is all to the good. Must remember to buy that album once I get paid.

Also, has everyone given Pushing The Scene a watch? An interesting Anthropological paper - in video documentary form - about material culture and the economics of dubstep. Probably not anything you've not noticed before, but it's interesting to hear it come from the mouths of Oneman and the like.
http://vimeo.com/32192229

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
UK bass thread can you recommend some high-end (not too high-end) headphones for all these awesome low-end sounds? I'm considering the Seinnheiser HD280PRO as used by professional dj.

GET MONEY fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 19, 2011

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

GET MONEY posted:

UK bass thread can you recommend some high-end (not too high-end) headphones for all these awesome low-end sounds? I'm considering the Seinnheiser HD280PRO as used by professional dj.

Sennheiser HD25s are what all the DJs here have. Partly because Rubadub Records pushes them as their high end option, and also it's easy to get parts and easy to fix if anything breaks. And y'know, they sound great too but whatever. My friend has a pair and they're very, very nice. Though they might fall under your too high-end category.

I've not heard the HD280Pro but if they're half as good as the HD25s they should more than do you. Have a look at the HD380s as well.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

I had a pair of the Sennheisers, the model below the HD25s, and loved them. Totally modular design, so if a part breaks you can just buy that replacement piece.

Also, no luck on the track IDs above?

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
Joker's essential mix tracklist looks a bit boring compared to his livesets.. hopefully it's mixed interestingly at least.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

Also, no luck on the track IDs above?

Sorry man I got nothing. The only one I knew was that Copyright - Warrior Dance, but that's already been mentioned in the comments (and I only know that one because I heard it randomly when it first came out and the "Yema yema ya" bit got stuck in my head for ages so I had to find it out.)

Though it was on Defected and a lot of these tunes definitely have that Defected/Azuli vibe, that UK deep House edge, so you could do worse than check their recent backcatalogue (though they release a ton of stuff, but at least Defected own Azuli now one less site to visit).

When I was a bit younger and listened to more House stuff I was more an Estereo fan. Frankie Valentine, Phil Asher, Ashley Beedle stuff.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

GET MONEY posted:

I have these headphones and I enjoy them a lot.

However keep in mind you won't get exaggerated low-end on these like you might on some other headphones. The low-end is flat but clear. I like using these for production when I don't want to disturb my girlfriend by playing unfinished tunes over my studio monitors a million times in a row.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

Maguro posted:

I have these headphones and I enjoy them a lot.

Thanks guys. Ended up going with the HD280PRO's since they were on sale, so far I'm very pleased. Might give this Blue-Tac mod a shot soon too for some extra punch.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I also have the 280s and they work great for my production needs thus far.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I'm not even sure if this is the right thread to ask, but I'm looking for some more bass heavy, dancey 120-130 BPM tunes like the following. I guess these are technically closer to house but I've seen these names come up in the thread before:

Martyn - Friedrichstrasse - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pv2fOFBiJs
Cosmin TRG - Twilight Riddim - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahU-ndn6HoA
Emvee - Rat Race Riddim - http://redeyerecords1.co.uk/sounds/mp3/21951b.mp3

I've got the Bashmore tunes on this page and those are great as well.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

You might try Altered Natives. His new white label is great, but word is it'll never be officially released digitally. Most of his stuff seems around 126 BPM.

T Williams might also be up your alley. Check his label, Deep Teknologi.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Nov 21, 2011

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

dantheman650 posted:

I'm not even sure if this is the right thread to ask, but I'm looking for some more bass heavy, dancey 120-130 BPM tunes like the following. I guess these are technically closer to house but I've seen these names come up in the thread before:

Check out Breach, Eats Everything, Doc Daneeka. The HardHouse Banton EP on Greenmoney is good too, played two tracks off of it this weekend, great reaction from the crowd.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

dantheman650 posted:

Yep this is definitely the right place. We love House here, as long as it's not poo poo and got enough low end it's all cool.

If you haven't checked it out already try Martyn's new album Ghost People that came out on Brainfeeder last month, some awesome Housey vibes in that. And check his Fabric mix as well (Fabric 50) which is were Friedrichstrasse was lifted from.

As above try T Williams and Deep Teknologi Records as it's all good. As is his Fact Mix which is a great mix of US House, UKG, Broken Beat and Jungle.

I'd also check out Lee Foss' and Jamie Jones' label Hot Creations, full of great techy edged deep House flavours there. Hot have really only been about for a year or so but have really made their mark.

And maybe stretching it a bit here, but check out Jay Weed. He's only had a few 12 inches out but all are some very funky stuff, and his Fact mix was really good.

And hey folks guess what I forgot was released today? Mark De Clive-Lowe's new album Renegades, out now on Tru Thoughts. Full of sweet, sweet jazzy funky souly broken beaty goodness. Pick it up at your favourite record store now.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

SUBFRIES posted:

Check out Breach, Eats Everything, Doc Daneeka. The HardHouse Banton EP on Greenmoney is good too, played two tracks off of it this weekend, great reaction from the crowd.

I forgot to mention I also liked Eats Everything "Entrance Song"

Hard House Banton is exactly what I'm looking for, tracks like Reign - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJSk6K-Na5k - I guess something with a nice complex percussion vibe, very upbeat and fun.

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

If you haven't checked it out already try Martyn's new album Ghost People that came out on Brainfeeder last month, some awesome Housey vibes in that. And check his Fabric mix as well (Fabric 50) which is were Friedrichstrasse was lifted from.

As above try T Williams and Deep Teknologi Records as it's all good. As is his Fact Mix which is a great mix of US House, UKG, Broken Beat and Jungle.

I'd also check out Lee Foss' and Jamie Jones' label Hot Creations, full of great techy edged deep House flavours there. Hot have really only been about for a year or so but have really made their mark.

And maybe stretching it a bit here, but check out Jay Weed. He's only had a few 12 inches out but all are some very funky stuff, and his Fact mix was really good.

I will absolutely check out the Martyn album. T Williams seems to be pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. The Hot Creations stuff was good as well, although it seemed a bit better suited to late night and I'm looking for more energy. Jay Weed is interesting, I'll have to give more of him a listen! Good stuff all around, thanks much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
If you like Hard House Banton you could also check out the Funky/House showcasing Rinse mix CDs. Some are getting on a bit now but I still love 'em. Supa D did Rinse:03 in 2008, Marcus Nasty did Rinse:10 in 2009, last year we had Kismet doing Rinse:12, and just a few months ago we got Roska giving us Rinse:15.

Geeneus did the first volume that's excellent, though all over the shop with Funky, Grime, Dubstep etc. All are easy to find and very cheap as well.

• Locked thread