Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah. It took up all the time that was rightfully Digimon Tamers and PR: time force's in the UK on Fox Kids. It's repeating again. That peace of poo poo rated a for awesome ate up all of Inazuma Eleven's airtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah. It took up all the time that was rightfully Digimon Tamers and PR: time force's in the UK on Fox Kids. It's repeating again. That peace of poo poo rated a for awesome ate up all of Inazuma Eleven's airtime.

How is Inazuma Eleven anyways? I've seen a bunch of avatars around and it's got me curious.

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

I can never be mad at Marathon. They made Martin Mystery which was an unapologetic love letter to 50's sci-fi comic books.

It might be a shocker to you, but it's based on a far more serious italian comic. I know it, and just the inclusion of green goo and a stupid alien sidekick made me say "gently caress this poo poo".
Also Diana is just his fiancee, not his step-sister. Makes the cartoon much more creepier doesn't it? :D

Mad Surge fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 16, 2011

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Mad Surge posted:

It might be a shocker to you, but it's based on a far more serious italian comic. I know it, and just the inclusion of green goo and a stupid alien sidekick made me say "gently caress this poo poo".
Also Diana is just his fiancee, not his step-sister. Makes the cartoon much more creepier doesn't it? :D

Honestly, her being the fiancee makes way more sense then being his sister, character wise. I can only imagine that the change was made to make it more kid friendly. They practically fell over each at the end of the series.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

I recall it making GBS threads up afternoons on Cartoon Network back in the early to mid 2000s.

Cartoon Network is owned by Time Warner, which is what I meant to say but hosed up on.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

readingatwork posted:

How is Inazuma Eleven anyways? I've seen a bunch of avatars around and it's got me curious.
It's good fun as long as you accept that it is to Football what YuGiOh is to Magic: The gathering.

Dub is fine and also has minor cussing and no 4kids'ing of undesirables elements (Like attempts to murder the whole cast via bus sabotage or people getting run over by cars) however the dub only ran for a month in the middle of bum-gently caress nowhere on Disney XD UK's Schedule and would have been the worst abuse of anime by Disney XD World wide (Naruto was hosed sideways but at least it was advertised) if not for that short fart of a run of the Stich anime on the US channel.

The sequel series, Go!, is, and I say this with no exaggeration, Zeta Inazuma Eleven. It is about the closest a show will probably get to showing how utterly hosed football and the people who play it can get when the people in charge go completely off the rails.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 16, 2011

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You Are A Elf posted:

But let's not forget that horrendous EXXXTREME Ghostbusters cartoon of the late 90s. it's like they wanted to be as PC as they could get by including everybody, so they added another minority in the mix (the Latino slacker dude), a female Ghostbuster, and a wheelchair-bound paraplegic.

Good god. Look at this poo poo.

I wasn't born early enough to see The Real Ghostbusters, but this show was on at around when I was beginning to really watch TV. I only remember one episode though, where the ghost-of-the-day was using some sort of innocuous tablets as portals to suck people into another dimension.

Scared the goddamn poo poo out of me.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

SlothfulCobra posted:

I wasn't born early enough to see The Real Ghostbusters, but this show was on at around when I was beginning to really watch TV. I only remember one episode though, where the ghost-of-the-day was using some sort of innocuous tablets as portals to suck people into another dimension.

Scared the goddamn poo poo out of me.

Something similar happened to me with Real Ghostbusters. For some reason I think it had a product placement Dairy Queen in it too, scared me away from DQ for years.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Cliff Racer posted:

You're childhood must have only been a year or two ago, as TS spent most of that decade on WB affiliated channels.

Well, my childhood was around 5 or 6 years ago, but I swear it was on Nicktoons all the time. Are we thinking of the same channel? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicktoons_(TV_channel)
They always showed the old stuff that I loved a lot more than the crap on the main Nick channel.

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 17, 2011

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Farecoal posted:

Well, my childhood was around 5 or 6 years ago, but I swear it was on Nicktoons all the time. Are we thinking of the same channel? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicktoons_(TV_channel)
They always showed the old stuff that I loved a lot more than the crap on the main Nick channel.

Well Wikipedia says that it aired on Nickelodeon sometime but it spent the majority of its time on CN, and started on ABC Family (still Fox Family at that time?) of all places.

Speaking of which, does ABC Family still exist? Hard to imagine Disney spent so much money on that PoS.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Speaking of which, does ABC Family still exist? Hard to imagine Disney spent so much money on that PoS.

It is the home of live action teen angst.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Magnus Condomus posted:

It is the home of live action teen angst.

And Christmas movies!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

dovetaile posted:

And Christmas movies!

And corny sounding romance movies. PIZZA MY HEART :allears:

Oh it also used to have like a two hour block every night of Whose Line Is It Anyway, so that was awesome.

edit: If you're wondering what Pizza My Heart is about, it is Romeo and Juliet but with two competing pizza chains. I know this because they played a commercial for it every. single. commercial. break. during Whose Line.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

ABC Family was great when it was 90% Whose Line is It Anyway and Gilmore Girls. Fox Family was great because they ran episodes of the Real Ghostbusters--the only time I've ever seen it in reruns other than the old USA Cartoon Express.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Macaluso posted:

And corny sounding romance movies. PIZZA MY HEART :allears:

Oh it also used to have like a two hour block every night of Whose Line Is It Anyway, so that was awesome.

And the monthly Harry Potter movie marathon. Wanna watch the 3rd, 4th, and 5th movies in a row with constant commercial interruption? Boy do I have the network for you!

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

Honestly, her being the fiancee makes way more sense then being his sister, character wise. I can only imagine that the change was made to make it more kid friendly. They practically fell over each at the end of the series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Myst%E8re OT, but if you're interested here's a small Wikipedia article about the comic. Mystère is a serious adventurer, you know, he even had to go against the Great Ancients multiple times, even though they're not among his most recurring enemies...

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

ConanThe3rd posted:

It's good fun as long as you accept that it is to Football what YuGiOh is to Magic: The gathering.

That. Sounds. Amazing!

EDIT: Watching episode 1. Not thirty seconds in and the "bad guy" pee-wee soccer team just beat the other guys with what appeared to be DBZ soccer magic, unilaterally disbanded the loosing team, and then immediately proceeded to tear down the loosing team's school by driving through it with their military-grade land train thing.

Very not disappointed. :allears:

EDIT 2: Aaaaaand the middle school Nazi stormtroopers have officially won me over. This poo poo is awesome.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 18, 2011

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
I've been watching the new Looney Tunes with my daughter, and Lola cracks me up every episode.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

404GoonNotFound posted:

EDIT: Wait, who's Norm in this situation? Noggin, Nicktoons, GaS?

Clearly, Norm is Cartoon Network. For every good decision he makes, we can tell he's a robot because he makes an incredibly stupid one. "SIR, HOW ABOUT LIVE-ACTION? NO. OKAY. MAYBE AN ANNOYING ORANGE SERIES?"

RebelWorm
Mar 23, 2011

I'm a tough guy

mobo85 posted:

Clearly, Norm is Cartoon Network. For every good decision he makes, we can tell he's a robot because he makes an incredibly stupid one. "SIR, HOW ABOUT LIVE-ACTION? NO. OKAY. MAYBE AN ANNOYING ORANGE SERIES?"

You have no idea how much this news infuriates me.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Stupid Orange posted:

“The Annoying Orange and Cartoon Network were just meant to be squeezed together,” Cartoon Network chief content officer Rob Sorcher said in a statement announcing the news Thursday.

Aha ha ha ha aha :suicide:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RebelWorm posted:

You have no idea how much this news infuriates me.

Oh, I think I do. Excuse me while I go outside and scream until my throat gets sore.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I actually really liked Tower Prep. I wish it'd been renewed.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Digital Scumbag posted:

I've been watching the new Looney Tunes with my daughter, and Lola cracks me up every episode.

Haven't seen the show proper, but am I the only one who thinks the commercials make it look like cartoon Seinfeld?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Haven't seen the show proper, but am I the only one who thinks the commercials make it look like cartoon Seinfeld?

That's pretty much what it is actually... In a good way though.

On that note the latest episode was absolutely hysterical. I've been really pleasantly surprised with how well they've handled Speedy and Lola lately.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

mobo85 posted:

Yeah, Sym-Bionic Titan was just hogging space :suicide:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mobo85 posted:

I said that Cartoon Network is the best kid's channel on cable, but stuff like this makes me realize that they're in that position in spite of themselves.

Tonight's U-Pick lineup on The '90s Are All That:

12:00AM EST - All That
12:30AM EST - Doug
1:00AM EST - Doug
1:30AM EST - All That

The Facebook page has a poll asking which show that you'd like to see in a Thanksgiving marathon, and so far Rugrats is leading. Stay tuned.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 18, 2011

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

mobo85 posted:

I've never heard of this before, but just seeing that picture I think tells me all I need to know.

Magnus Condomus posted:

I actually really liked Tower Prep. I wish it'd been renewed.

It was ok. Unnatural History, though, that was better than it had any business being, bordering on actually being pretty good.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

I said that Cartoon Network is the best kid's channel on cable, but stuff like this makes me realize that they're in that position in spite of themselves.

Pretty much. It's not like they've done a drat thing to help themselves since about 08 or so, letting Naruto go to XD, SymBiotic Titan, this nonsense here. It reads like a deliberate sabotage plot or something.

readingatwork posted:

That. Sounds. Amazing!

EDIT: Watching episode 1. Not thirty seconds in and the "bad guy" pee-wee soccer team just beat the other guys with what appeared to be DBZ soccer magic, unilaterally disbanded the loosing team, and then immediately proceeded to tear down the loosing team's school by driving through it with their military-grade land train thing.

Very not disappointed. :allears:

EDIT 2: Aaaaaand the middle school Nazi stormtroopers have officially won me over. This poo poo is awesome.
Yeah, it's that kind of batshit and it's that kind of glorious too.

Also, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure/Shaman King happens at some point, guess when!

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 19, 2011

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Quote != Edit

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 19, 2011

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Digital Scumbag posted:

The new Looney Tunes show has a lot of areas it could improve but damned if they didn't do the impossible and make Lola Bunny an actually entertaining and worthwhile character

SigmusAmadeus
Apr 12, 2007
Lawlerbot
The Episode of Brave and the Bold on now is loving amazing oh my God.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

SigmusAmadeus posted:

According to some Twitter posts I just read, it's the last one.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

SigmusAmadeus posted:

"Bat luge" with flame decals.

My loving god. As someone who grew up in the 90s with Bruce Timm's batman, this feels like it was made specially for me :3:

Behonkiss posted:

Why bother making new episodes when you can end with the greatest cartoon in history?

SigmusAmadeus
Apr 12, 2007
Lawlerbot
This is so god damned funny. Also Ambush Bug and Batmite are some of my favorite characters :3:

Edit: I had no idea John Di Maggio voiced Aquaman. How can one man voice all the best things???

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Behonkiss posted:

And they canceled the show to do a more serious version!

SigmusAmadeus
Apr 12, 2007
Lawlerbot
Pretty sure I owned Alpine Ice Climbing Batman as a child.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argh, I just realized the joke of Henry Winkler on a shark jumping episode!

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

muscles like this? posted:

Argh, I just realized the joke of Henry Winkler on a shark jumping episode!

Not just Henry Winkler, but also Ted McGinley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kefkafloyd posted:

Not just Henry Winkler, but also Ted McGinley.

The Ted McGinley thing was an obvious joke but they never pointed out that the Fonz was voicing Ambush Bug.