Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

If pirate imagery for Jake translates into pirate imagery for Lord English, I guess this update could be taken as more evidence that he's Skipper Plumbthroat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Oh Jake, you fool, now that's holstered2xpistolkind. Now you'll waste precious seconds taking those guns out of the belt when you need them most.

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

Countdown to Jake booty shorts thigh holster fanart...

Edit: Well that was fast
http://ib.skaia.net/post/view/25373

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Sepherothic posted:

I think it took literally five minutes before some popped up on tumblr.

But yeah, seconding you, pumpinglemma, I think the skull motif might link back to Lord English being Skipper Plumbthroat.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Sepherothic posted:

Eventually the time gap between Homestuck and Homestuck fanart will become so small that both will happen simultaneously. This is the Homestuck singularity, and like the technological singularity, it is eagerly anticipated by nerds of all kinds.

The real danger, though, is when the time gap between Homestuck and Homestuck fanart becomes negative and fanart starts being created before there is even anything to make fanart of. This reversal of causality will turn the universe inside-out.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
It really bothers me that Wwretched Wwaltz isn't actually a waltz. If you were to try and waltz to Wwretched Wwaltz you would have to go at an incredibly slow tempo despite the very fast-paced song. I like the song, and I get the pun, but it's not a waltz! It really bothers me when people put "waltz" in the title of something because they want to convey classiness, but haven't actually set the song to a 1-2-3 1-2-3 beat. It makes it more difficult to find actual waltzes for waltzing too.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

QueerPope posted:

It really bothers me that Wwretched Wwaltz isn't actually a waltz. If you were to try and waltz to Wwretched Wwaltz you would have to go at an incredibly slow tempo despite the very fast-paced song. I like the song, and I get the pun, but it's not a waltz! It really bothers me when people put "waltz" in the title of something because they want to convey classiness, but haven't actually set the song to a 1-2-3 1-2-3 beat. It makes it more difficult to find actual waltzes for waltzing too.

Er, but it is? Isn't it in 6/4? The four quick notes followed by two rest?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Pretty sure 4/4 time is called a waltz on Alternia. We got it wrong.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Jorenko posted:

Er, but it is? Isn't it in 6/4? The four quick notes followed by two rest?

Waltzes might fall on 6/4, but just making it 6/4 won't make it a waltz. In order to actually be able to waltz to a waltz there has to be an audible beat that can be counted as 1-2-3 1-2-3 ect, because that's the beat that the box step goes on.

Fucknag posted:

I dunno, the first half certainly feels waltzy to me. Listen to the bass drum especially. It's just a 1-_-_-&-3-& pattern in the strings instead of the more obvious 1-2-3 pattern.

The first half might have it, but it definitely isn't in the later portions, if it is, it's a bit inconsistent.

QueerPope fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 19, 2011

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

QueerPope posted:

Waltzes might fall on 6/4, but just making it 6/4 won't make it a waltz. In order to actually be able to waltz to a waltz there has to be an audible beat that can be counted as 1-2-3 1-2-3 ect, because that's the beat that the box step goes on.
I dunno, the first half certainly feels waltzy to me. Listen to the bass drum especially. It's just a 1-_-_-&-3-& pattern in the strings instead of the more obvious 1-2-3 pattern.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Jake pulls a 2x callback combo

Expecting fanart of Navi Jake in 3...2...

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's a scathing dissertation on how bad a dancer Dualscar is.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
What?!?! Strider is a space furry?!?!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Strider is a "space furry"?

What does THAT even MEAN? though it goes aginst the whole BROny theory we had goin on

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Cyrai posted:

What?!?! Strider is a space furry?!?!

...No. You're parsing that one wrong I think.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Strider's a space furry.

He's into space ponies? Or both aliens and ponies? We're building up to something that will make Equius look like a downright pleasant individual.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I think that Strider called Jake a "space furry", instead of the other way around.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

King of Solomon posted:

...No. You're parsing that one wrong I think.

Oh. Yeah, I am. :angel:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jesus.

Avatar. Avatar is a movie about space furries. It is Dances with Wolves, except they are space alien animal people.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

tinaun posted:

I think that Strider called Jake a "space furry", instead of the other way around.

Re-reading it, that makes more sense contextually, it is worded kinda awkwardly though

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Though I parsed the line correctly, I like this alternative model wherein Bro and Jake are each fighting to be the bigger space furry.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Space Furry. Perhaps KidBro is obsessed with Invader Zim, or this universe's equivalent.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Though I parsed the line correctly, I like this alternative model wherein Bro and Jake are each fighting to be the bigger space furry.

And then Jade shows up and is the biggest space furry of them all :allears:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pastrymancy posted:

And then Jade shows up and is the biggest space furry of them all :allears:
It all makes sense now

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, "space furry" seemed primarily like a Jade-wink to me. Not that they know who Jade is (well, the Jade we know) yet, just that that's what Hussie's winking at. To us. With his winking.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

drat it, guys, parse!

kidBro called the blue gal a "giant lovely space furry".

It's like a conversation like this:

Guy A: Your girlfriend is lovely.
Guy B: I'll show you who is lovely! It is not my girlfriend.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bobulus posted:

drat it, guys, parse!

kidBro called the blue gal a "giant lovely space furry".

It's like a conversation like this:

Guy A: Your girlfriend is lovely.
Guy B: I'll show you who is lovely! It is not my girlfriend.

Thank Christ, I thought I was going mad.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

So where did the thing about kidbro being a weeaboo come from? Is it just based off his sunglasses? I think between the puppets and possibly the horses, he'll have enough weird interests.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
For some reason I parsed that thinking that Strider was the name of the human villain from Avatar. I've never seen it and that paragraph sounded like it was continuing the synopsis of the movie.

I did check IMDB and discovered that the main character's name was also Jake. I guess maybe that's a thing?

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Shwoo posted:

So where did the thing about kidbro being a weeaboo come from? Is it just based off his sunglasses? I think between the puppets and possibly the horses, he'll have enough weird interests.

You have to keep in mind the swords and the glasses as well.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

So Kidbro called the girl from Avatar a gigantic lovely space furry. We also suspect he is a weeaboo, and is potentially a brony.

My god. He's the gooniest goon.

edit: vv

A good poster posted:

The way we're meant to parse that paragraph is that Bro called Jake "just a gigantic lovely space furry" after Jake let on that he wanted to make out with the blue Avatar lady. It's meant to give a little info about Strider, that he'd phrase it that way like Mom would specifically say that she and Jane were "BFFSIES 4EVERZ."

This makes a bit more sense, but still seems to point towards Bro being a stereotypical goon/4chan poster/redditor.

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 19, 2011

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
So with Jake, Hussie has now introduced one of these guys as another weird person on the internet to make endearing.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The way we're meant to parse that paragraph is that Bro called Jake "just a gigantic lovely space furry" after Jake let on that he wanted to make out with the blue Avatar lady. It's meant to give a little info about Strider, that he'd phrase it that way like Mom would specifically say that she and Jane were "BFFSIES 4EVERZ."

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Shwoo posted:

The sunglasses were originally just a design, but when people pointed out the similarity to Kamina to Hussie he apparently started kinda going along with it. Dave's thing is that he is a massive hipster and likes everything ironically and thinks his Bro does too. But there are hints that Bro isn't being ironic at all, and really likes all the stuff he is into, Dave secretly knows but doesn't want to admit it.

As for Bro's intrests? He is a guy who is, probably, in his 30s, who wears anime glasses, collects replica swords from jRPGs and movies, as well as shurikens and the like. Its pretty much all but stated outright he is a huge weeaboo.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Jake is like equal parts Jade and Equius now.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think one time John calls them "lovely Anime Shades" or something, but otherwise isnt addressed.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

creationist believer posted:

I've never seen it

To let you in on a small joke, the aliens in that movie are twice as tall as humans.

So when kidBro calls the alien a "gigantic" lovely space furry, he means that literally.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.

A good poster posted:

The way we're meant to parse that paragraph is that Bro called Jake "just a gigantic lovely space furry" after Jake let on that he wanted to make out with the blue Avatar lady.

quote:

You will show him what marvelous creatures they are.
That is not a response to a personal insult.

He called Neytiri a gigantic lovely space furry.

WilliamAnderson posted:

This makes a bit more sense, but still seems to point towards Bro being a stereotypical goon/4chan poster/redditor.
The build-up to KidBro has been so huge, that anything less than a callback to Equius' introduction would feel like a huge letdown.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Guys, I had a thought today.

So, it's pretty much standard that there is a Time player and a Space player in every session, right? And it's easy to see why a Space player is needed: they have to create the universe by breeding frogs. But it always bugged me that a Time player was a constant. Having cheaty time powers is certainly useful, but I couldn't figure out why it was so vital that it had to be in every session.

Then I realized an important fact: the Beat Mesa is always on the planet of the hero of Time. Always. If the players ever wanted to do a scratch, they would have to have a Time player to do it. At first it sounds pretty useful to have a reset button built in, right? However, we now know that a scratch is what is needed to bring Lord English into the universe, a fact that isn't shared with the players.

I'm getting the feeling that the next big plot twist will be that Every session of sburb is set up to fail specifically so that Lord English will have lots of universes to nom. Every sburb session has a Time player, so they have the means to make a scratch happen. Winning the game isn't actually possible, as the odds are stacked so high against the players that they always end up falling into the same trap that results in Lord English being summoned.

Though I get the feeling that the kids will be able to break this cycle of destruction, and that's what act 6 is actually about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

of bees posted:

Guys, I had a thought today.

So, it's pretty much standard that there is a Time player and a Space player in every session, right? And it's easy to see why a Space player is needed: they have to create the universe by breeding frogs. But it always bugged me that a Time player was a constant. Having cheaty time powers is certainly useful, but I couldn't figure out why it was so vital that it had to be in every session.

Then I realized an important fact: the Beat Mesa is always on the planet of the hero of Time. Always. If the players ever wanted to do a scratch, they would have to have a Time player to do it. At first it sounds pretty useful to have a reset button built in, right? However, we now know that a scratch is what is needed to bring Lord English into the universe, a fact that isn't shared with the players.

I'm getting the feeling that the next big plot twist will be that Every session of sburb is set up to fail specifically so that Lord English will have lots of universes to nom. Every sburb session has a Time player, so they have the means to make a scratch happen. Winning the game isn't actually possible, as the odds are stacked so high against the players that they always end up falling into the same trap that results in Lord English being summoned.

Though I get the feeling that the kids will be able to break this cycle of destruction, and that's what act 6 is actually about.

That's all very nihilistic, don't you think? That from the dawn of existence, everything has always been set up to fail? Would that make Lord English the original maker of the world in your theory?