Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=258pKWIPOEQ

Here's some Firebrand for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Can Hawkeye do much off the ground himself? I know he can hit his trick arrows with a jump back, and that lifts them up, but short of hitting with his one arrow super I don't see too many options without an assist.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Medullah posted:

Can Hawkeye do much off the ground himself? I know he can hit his trick arrows with a jump back, and that lifts them up, but short of hitting with his one arrow super I don't see too many options without an assist.

If you use the ice arrow you can slide in & relaunch.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mr. Fun posted:

If you use the ice arrow you can slide in & relaunch.

Wow, completely forgot about slide...Awesome.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Veev posted:

There are so many characters Frank can do this with that tron isn't really worth using unfortunately.

Most of the characters Frank can do things with rely on Team Hyper Combos, not DHCs, meaning you have to start with dumb bad Level 1 Frank on point and score the first hit. This setup lets you start with him second, serving the dual purposes of not having to use Level 1 Frank and also having access to his Shopping Cart assist.

As far as DHCs go, there actually aren't that many that stay active when DHCed out of. Of the ones that do stay active, you also have to be able to whiff the QCB super. As an example, Storm's Hail Storm stays active when she DHCs out, but if she's too close then Frank's QCB hits, and Shopping Cart super lasts too long. Even if you do DHC it into the whiff properly, Frank only gets one picture before the Hail Storm ends.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm not sure offhand but it's over 500k I'm pretty sure.

Just tried the combo now, and can confirm that. It's about 560k total if you mash the super.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Krakhan posted:

Just tried the combo now, and can confirm that. It's about 560k total if you mash the super.

Awesome. Firebrand's combos don't do much damage but with the proper assists you can mix up really well, and he gets around the screen so goddamn fast. I'm trying out some different teams of ______/firebrand/sentinel and they're all pretty fun.

The swooping assist is pretty good as well, which is nice. For some teams I like the fireball better, but I'm not sure yet which one I like more overall. Still digging this character!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Oh-- drat it, I misread your initial post. Duh.

edit: Let's make this a better post.

Necro, take this proof of concept and do something with it.

You'll want to get full super jump height on the first launcher and hit H just before hitting the ground after the airdash. I haven't tried past the second Nova Strike so the last third of that is just theory.

You won't be able to go much past the second nova strike jm jh gravemetric pulse l or m super nova ender. And the jm jh grav pulse m super nova version isn't worth the damage increase at all. There just isn't enough hit stun left over.

Btw, that combo doesn't need a full super jump and an air dash down forward, you can just do the jh nova strike M as soon as possible and air dash forward for the jH, you just have to do the jH a little earlier than you'de think, cause the forward air dash's momentum carries through the jH.

Anyway, for my double nova strike L combo the following characters can be comboed at midscreen; strider, rocket, felicia, chris, firebrand, zero, viewtiful joe. With chris you're actually going to have to change directions a couple of times in the combo, it's weird.

The following characters can be comboed at mid screeen, but it's very inconsistent; dante, virgil, iron fist, haggar, wright.

The following characters are easier or only possible to combo in the corner with the jl jh version of the combo; amaterasu, sentinel, nemesis, hulk, dr. strange.

The following characters can be comboed MIDSCREEN with the jL jH version of the combo; sentinel, nemesis, hulk.

The following characters can be hit by the jL jH H in the alternate version of the combo, but the launcher will not connect; tron, dr. strange.

I haven't tested against anyone else.

Oh yeah, dropping all of these combos (as well as the midscreen nova strike M combo) after the last H should be an ok air throw reset setup.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 19, 2011

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Buhbuhj posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=258pKWIPOEQ

Here's some Firebrand for you!
That last loop looks almost as hilarious as Felicia's XF3 infinite.

e:

Jmcrofts posted:

You can get 3 launches if you do:

ground combo-> launch, bbc down+c, then do qcb+a to land.
Launch again, bbc xx surfboard move,
launch one last time, c, s, otg super.
Personally I like just doing H straight into super in the air after the second relaunch, I feel like it's easier to do and I think the super actually connects for more hits that way so the difference in damage is negligible.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 19, 2011

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Vengarr posted:

I rolled Phoenix/Doom/Dormammu at first, but teleport characters just ate Nick for breakfast. I really, really wish Tron still had the invincible Gustaff Fire, since she could combo off of a Break The Witness wallbounce with her drill.

Tried using Iron Man with Repulsar Blast to catch teleporters, but he comes out way too slow. All it meant was lots and lots of happy birthdays for Vergil and Dante.

Other options I haven't tested: Frank with the shopping cart, Hulk with anti-air Gamma Charge, Rocket Racoon's claymore.

I've been practicing with Wright/Strange/Dorm. I haven't had any human opponents with this team yet, only the cpu on very hard in the training mode which doesn't mean squat, but I think it has potential.

I use Dark Hole and Maya shield to cover for evidence gathering if the opponent is a good distance away, and Strange's Eye of Agamatto assist if their getting in a bit closer. You have to be careful because the eye doesn't come out too quick, but Maya can help protect you both.

Like you, it's pure rushdown once Wright gets Turnabout mode for me. I'll do as much damage as I can, maybe pull off a level 3 if it feels right, then raw tag to Strange. Between Strange's projectiles, Dark Hole assist and Break the Witness assist, the team becomes a zoning nightmare. Dark Holes and Eye of Agamattos can be spammed for some serious chip and block stun which opens up mix up options with Strange's teleports. If they get in close they eat a Wright assist which will either wallbounce them or keep them in block stun for another mixup chance.

I really can't wait to see what this team can do against a human opponent that doesn't perfect guard all mix up options. The downside to this team is that it doesn't seem to have very good DHC synergy, and I haven't found a way to decently use the assists for combo extending. Luckily, Dorm and Strange can both do their own OTG combos, and Wright pretty much only needs Finger of Doom.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nova. Corner only. Tested against Chris and Spencer so far.

M/2M H/2H S jH j214L jH M H S jH j214L air dash down jH S jH 623PP mash.

775,700 full mash.

You have to hit the JH after tha air dash down as late as possible, and the S after that as soon as possible. The timing on this is a real pisser.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

NecroMonster posted:

You won't be able to go much past the second nova strike jm jh gravemetric pulse l or m super nova ender. And the jm jh grav pulse m super nova version isn't worth the damage increase at all. There just isn't enough hit stun left over.

What I'm experimenting with: You can only do a single Nova Strike per jump, but Nova Strike has set hitstun and flight removes the usage limit. In theory I could cancel the last H into fly xx Nova Strike using the same method that people were using to accidentally NS instead of doing flight normals. In theory. I mean, there's enough time to do a gravometric pulse, and Super Nova has fast enough startup that you could possibly do fly xx NS H Super Nova. I'll try it out in a bit.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Gatts posted:

I ought to start playing online for the PS3 now.

I too will someday gain the courage to step out of the danger room and venture forth into the vast world of the playstation network, in pursuit of gaining real match experience with my chosen team.

.. Someday. :gbsmith:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
My Nemesis just got wiped out by someone spamming Sentinel's beam move, I couldn't even get close :negative:.

Back to training mode!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Can Iron Fist jump cancel out of one of his attacks? I swear the computer did it on me.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
What does Rocket Raccoon's giant trap super actually do? Just cause a spinning knockdown? I don't have the game yet but it's never really clear in videos.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Liku posted:

Can Iron Fist jump cancel out of one of his attacks? I swear the computer did it on me.

Forward + Heavy.

a handsome crab
Apr 24, 2007

charismaslover posted:

My Nemesis just got wiped out by someone spamming Sentinel's beam move, I couldn't even get close :negative:.

Back to training mode!

I'd had success jumping up (might need to superjump? Can't remember) and firing rockets back at them when someone tries to zone me out. It travels fairly fast and as its angled down from the air it should reach your opponent fine. It does a decent amount of damage, like 150k per rocket so they'll come over pretty sharpish. From there you've got the ground covered with forward+C and if they try to approach from air you can use Nemesis' awesome command grabs.

Tetrakarn
Nov 1, 2011
Or an anti-air rocket, if you feel saucy. But do note that while the rocket moves fairly fast, nemesis takes a while to recover from it (just like his other moves).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Well, found out that with Strider if you have the Orbs out and you wavedash the game registers the dash as an attack so the Orbs shoot, so you basically barrel down the screen into the opponent's face with the orbs constantly shooting and since you're not throwing out any attacks you're not getting pushed away. Don't know how viable it is in a real game but kinda interesting. I managed to get it up to 40 hits before the combo broke and there was plenty of time left on the Orbs, no clue if there's any timing you can do to have it go the whole length of the Hyper.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

What does Rocket Raccoon's giant trap super actually do? Just cause a spinning knockdown? I don't have the game yet but it's never really clear in videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW6NMFvrWvU#t=2m10s

Liku posted:

Well, found out that with Strider if you have the Orbs out and you wavedash the game registers the dash as an attack so the Orbs shoot, so you basically barrel down the screen into the opponent's face with the orbs constantly shooting and since you're not throwing out any attacks you're not getting pushed away. Don't know how viable it is in a real game but kinda interesting. I managed to get it up to 40 hits before the combo broke and there was plenty of time left on the Orbs, no clue if there's any timing you can do to have it go the whole length of the Hyper.

Hitstun deterioration will keep you from comboing for the entire length of ouroboros and you can get more damage by wall jumping and teleporting and generally being unblockable as gently caress anyway.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
What are some good Hawkeye BnBs?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Triple Arrow into Gimlet. :v:

Really though, magic series to air magic, freeze arrow OTG, slide, relaunch, air magic, Gimlet is pretty beastly for how easy the execution is.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Cuchulain posted:

Triple Arrow into Gimlet. :v:

Really though, magic series to air magic, freeze arrow OTG, slide, relaunch, air magic, Gimlet is pretty beastly for how easy the execution is.

After the second air magic series you have to OTG with air Poison Arrow (done after a qcb+L just like the freeze arrow OTG), as Gimlet does not OTG by itself.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

After the second air magic series you have to OTG with air Poison Arrow (done after a qcb+L just like the freeze arrow OTG), as Gimlet does not OTG by itself.

Also worth noting you need a backdash before in the corner, unless you super jump straight up for the previous air magic series.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Gammatron 64 posted:

To be really irritating you can do s.H xx net arrow, s.H xx net arrow, s.H xx net arrow, Gimlet.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I knew I was forgetting something.
I normally just do Gimlet after the jH and skip last bit of the air magic series, most of the cast is dead at that point, anyway.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'd have loved it if they had given Spidey a "Spider-sense" super. Maybe for a short period as meter runs down he has a % chance of dodging attacks or increased speed or something.

Or...we have a taunt caption that says "Spider-sense tingling!" and then he gets nailed by a brick.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
What about a command dodge?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I can't quite get the low air + ice shot (or poison tip) part of that loop down. They are always getting up as I fire the shot and it never hits them

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Metrohunter posted:

What about a command dodge?

No no no, that makes too much sense. Spider-man clearly needs a dumb gimmick like a percentage-based dodging buff super.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Oh, of course. How silly of me.

Does the Nemesis + Frank THC work outside of the corner? I haven't tested it extensively yet but when I tried it midscreen, they popped out after Frank's super finished.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Nodoze posted:

I can't quite get the low air + ice shot (or poison tip) part of that loop down. They are always getting up as I fire the shot and it never hits them

It seems like, depending on positioning, you need to use QCB+H or L. In the corner, I think QCB-H is required.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Phenotype posted:

It seems like, depending on positioning, you need to use QCB+H or L. In the corner, I think QCB-H is required.

In the corner I think you have to backdash and do QCB-L but I can't do it fast enough

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Does anyone know if the winpose images are still out in the wild somewhere? I know the Capcops shut down that guy's site, but surely someone snagged the files...

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Cat Machine posted:

Does anyone know if the winpose images are still out in the wild somewhere? I know the Capcops shut down that guy's site, but surely someone snagged the files...

Psst... They're on their respective characters' pages on the Wikia. :ssh:

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Cat Machine posted:

You can see the DLC costume versions here. Not sure about the normal ones.

Edit: Sorry, you're correct. I didn't enlarge the alt colors image.

Nate405 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 19, 2011

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Nate405 posted:

You can see the DLC costume versions here. Not sure about the normal ones.

I think those are just the official character art, not the win poses.

Scroll to Artwork on the bottom.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
PR Balrog was on Wakeup SRK this week talking about day 1 stuff if anyone else cares to listen. http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/16/wakeup-shoryuken-e079-day-1-umvc3-with-pr-balrog/
edit "Wolverine may still be one of the top characters in the game. Can still do the X-Factor 1 bullshit" "Tron is the worst character in the game" "I'm playing Spencer/Wolverine/Wesker right now. SPENCER IS SO GOOD"

S-Alpha posted:

Edit: Actually, would anyone who has the guide care to check what buffs Zero gets in XF? I can compare it to my Vanilla guide.
There's not a whole lot on it yet, but the SRK UMvC3 wiki is being worked on and for those of us without the guide it has health values, X-Factor damage bonus, and X-Factor length for each character.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

If anyone wants to trade costume pack codes I have a 360 Femme Fatales pack I haven't redeemed and don't care about. Wouldn't mind getting the villains one instead.

great big cardboard tube fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 13, 2012

• Locked thread