Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

His tumblr said it was a tall Coyote one.

https://twitter.com/#!/gunnerkrigg/status/137897510403444737

For reference, he posted that this was what the table looked like when he started. I especially like the City Face price signs. :v:

By the time I got there all but one of the canvases had been sold. I bagged myself a signed volume 2 and an awesome badge, and I can tell you that Tom is a thoroughly nice chap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Have you gotten the point now, Tom? We want to give you money. So much money.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Wait, the only one that didn't get bought was Coyote??? :psyduck:

HOW IN THE HELL

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

1stGear posted:

Have you gotten the point now, Tom? We want to give you money. So much money.

I told him to stop being so down on himself, and also that goons have a lot of money to waste.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Waffnuffly posted:

Wait, the only one that didn't get bought was Coyote??? :psyduck:

HOW IN THE HELL

As awesome as Coyote is, that one was the biggest canvas. You can't just buy it on a whim and hang it on any old wall. Something like that takes planning and forethought.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

His tumblr said it was a tall Coyote one.

https://twitter.com/#!/gunnerkrigg/status/137897510403444737

For reference, he posted that this was what the table looked like when he started. I especially like the City Face price signs. :v:

I am having some trouble reading that sign. How much was Tom selling them for?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Tuxedo Ted posted:

As awesome as Coyote is, that one was the biggest canvas. You can't just buy it on a whim and hang it on any old wall. Something like that takes planning and forethought.

Good point. I have the wall space for something like that (unless it's bigger than like 6 feet), but can understand most people not having that much room. Let alone disposable income.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Micgael posted:

I am having some trouble reading that sign. How much was Tom selling them for?

Small (city face) £20

Medium (most of them) £35-£40 depending on canvas thickness

Large (the two tall coyote ones) £50

Perspex squares £30 each

I ended up with Cityface for me, two medium coyotes (the close up of the face and a special order I made, based on the "scattering stars" comic page) for my siblings and a sketch.

Those treatise prints are mighty tempting too, and there are friends who still need Christmas pressies. Tomorrow, I may have more money...

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

Small (city face) £20

Perspex squares £30 each

I ended up with Cityface for me, two medium coyotes (the close up of the face and a special order I made, based on the "scattering stars" comic page) for my siblings and a sketch.

Those treatise prints are mighty tempting too, and there are friends who still need Christmas pressies. Tomorrow, I may have more money...

The treatise prints wers phunky prhesh.

Also to anyone thinking about going to thought bubble I would highly recommend it, if nothing else the people of leeds are very nice. I didn't know how to get to the event from the station but two random people I met on the train dressed as Harley Quinn and a heavy from TF2 let me tag along with them, which was kind of them.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Whoever was suggesting you could charge twice that was not kidding. I've seen random black and white photos of a water ripple in coffee shops that sell for like $150 CDN (around 92 pounds) and those things are maybe the size of the city face painting, and nobody goes to a coffee shop looking for artwork. Gouge those motherfuckers at the cons like the delicious sacks of money they are. :unsmigghh:

Zellyn fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 20, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Fatkraken posted:

Small (city face) £20

Perspex squares £30 each
Even taking into account the worth of the pound, these are kinda under-priced.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Roger Explosion posted:

Even taking into account the worth of the pound, these are kinda under-priced.

yyyyah... I would have expected to drop $200, min, for the middle sized canvases. And hell I probably would have for the Zimmy and Gamma one.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I hope Tom is at least covering the costs for the materials to make the canvases.

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.
Tom, don't lowball yourself! (though that does sound painful)

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Seriously, throw your next canvas on ebay and link it here. You'll make double what you did at the con.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Tom you dork sell your stuff for more money. DO IT

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I've had a well respected artist tell me to never sell a painting for less then $300. Me, an art school drop out with no following. You have fans. You can EASILY get away with that price point. Take our challenge. Put one painting up on E-Bay and mention it on the site and see what ends up selling for.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

On the one hand, I'm reluctant to urge Tom to price his work more highly, because it means I'd no longer be able to afford it. On the other hand, gently caress THAT DO IT CHARGE MORE MONEY!

Got Vols. 1 and 3 in the post, they're amazing. I keep noticing stuff I never saw in the online edition, I guess because I'm closer to it and more involved in reading it. Well worth it, thanks Tom. :)

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Baron Snow posted:

I've had a well respected artist tell me to never sell a painting for less then $300. Me, an art school drop out with no following. You have fans. You can EASILY get away with that price point. Take our challenge. Put one painting up on E-Bay and mention it on the site and see what ends up selling for.

He's going to!
I can't believe one of the Coyote ones didn't sell. At least now I'll finally have a chance to buy one.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Cover your drat mouth when you sneeze, Parley. Geez.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
What? No, Parley. It's called bip fighting.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Fecha posted:

What? No, Parley. It's called bip fighting.

That's what "Unsichtbarhau" means in German, though.

(I am not doing German for my A-levels, either.)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ironic Twist posted:

Cover your drat mouth when you sneeze, Parley. Geez.
That's German. She was coughing.

That said, bip and BARGE looks to be extremely effective, especially kitted out in longsword gear. However, she needs to figure out a way to take her longsword and gear and you know what some proper armor as well with her to combat Jeanne. She knows Zwee fighting, but what happens when Jeanne brings etheric steel to the fight?

What I'm really saying is Parley should stop fighting Robot and fight Jones (who is a better Robot)

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

The extendosword in panel 3 is weirding me out. Shouldn't it be forshortened more or something?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Magnus Condomus posted:

The extendosword in panel 3 is weirding me out. Shouldn't it be forshortened more or something?

The perspective in that shot isn't natural, unless Parley is 1/3 the size of Robot. It's sort of a fish-eye effect. Tom does that sort of thing all the loving time.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
In the German school of fencing, which is what Parley uses, there are a set of moves that are referred to as "hauen", or "hews". "Unsichtbarhau" is "unseen-hew", named for obvious reasons.

(:eng101:)

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Fuego Fish posted:

In the German school of fencing, which is what Parley uses, there are a set of moves that are referred to as "hauen", or "hews". "Unsichtbarhau" is "unseen-hew", named for obvious reasons.

(:eng101:)

So, in short:

+

=

:pseudo:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, she basically just invented Nightcrawler-esque teleport-fighting. I won't lie, love this kind of poo poo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DontMockMySmock posted:

The perspective in that shot isn't natural, unless Parley is 1/3 the size of Robot. It's sort of a fish-eye effect. Tom does that sort of thing all the loving time.

Especially when fighting. Remember the Jones vs Eglamore fight?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

MikeJF posted:

This one's especially confusing since I can't tell who is who.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

MikeJF posted:

I do remember that one, but that one at least fit stylistically, the Parley one feels out of place almost. I don't think the effect quite works. Instead she just looks smaller than normal but with a really long sword.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

KezzKezzan posted:

This one's especially confusing since I can't tell who is who.

Eglamore is the one who is not a robot

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Tollymain posted:

Yeah, she basically just invented Nightcrawler-esque teleport-fighting. I won't lie, love this kind of poo poo.

BAMF, Bip and Barge!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Welcome to Gunnmkrigg Court.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I am pretty sure that Jones is, in fact, a black hole that walks like a woman and has complete casual control over her mass and density. How they've managed to construct a robot around that, I'll never guess.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

MikeJF posted:

I had forgotten about Parley's real name, ahaha. The stretch of comics right after that fight are some of my favorites.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
George's "Biptenhauer fencing" plus SSJ2-Annie's powers alongside Parkourbot should be more than enough to handle Jeanne at the bottom of the ravine.

I hope we do not get to that part yet though. I want to see if we'll get more on Eglamore and Jones' background.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Ka0 posted:

George's "Biptenhauer fencing" plus SSJ2-Annie's powers alongside Parkourbot should be more than enough to handle Jeanne at the bottom of the ravine.

I hope we do not get to that part yet though. I want to see if we'll get more on Eglamore and Jones' background.

Jeanne can appear and disappear at will. Jeanne can snatch Annie's blinker stone whenever she feels like it. Jeanne died and Robot did nothing.

This is going to go horribly wrong.

E: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand disregard everything I just said, wow is that a game-changer.

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 23, 2011

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now it can go even MORE horribly wrong with terrible knives thrown into the mix!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
...that's dangerous, Annie