Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

SynthOrange posted:

So they arent living in the 20th century either. Neat. (well, neither are we, I guess!)

Ignore the stated timelines completely and just count everything as Pre-Scratch or Post-Scratch or you will get a loving headache.

The big thing is Lord English's coffin. Or a denizen. Remember them?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
...Why is it blinking? What huge card item would blink like that?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The huge thing is the battleship.

I doubt it'd be the Green Sun. That would be pretty absurd, considering the amount of mangrit needed to pick that up.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

He's clearly storing A MILLION TONS of shaving cream. For the day he becomes an adventurer. An adventurer needs to know how to maintain a handsome five o clock shadow, after all.

SynthOrange posted:

So they arent living in the 20th century either. Neat. (well, neither are we, I guess!)

When Jake says 20th century I think he's just confusing the time travel issue. That was when their grandparents were alive, so he's assuming that when he's sending the bunny to Jade he's sending it to the early 20th. He apparently has no idea that he's sending it to a doomed universe to an entirely different version of Jade. Which is why his machine eats up so much energy, but he doesn't realize that because he still thinks he's just sending it to the past of his own universe, not the past of a completely separate universe.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Walliard posted:

It's basically the Diablo modus.

Also, it looks like he has some sort of Sburb/Ectobiology console.

The first thing that came to my mind was that it was an Xbox, since it looks like a game console

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Inventory tetris is one of the best things about the Diablo games so this is officially The Best Fetch Modus.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I've never played Diablo, so I was thinking Deus Ex.

Walliard posted:

Also, it looks like he has some sort of Sburb/Ectobiology console.

EDIT: Whatever the huge thing is, there's basically no way it isn't getting prototyped.

I'm pretty sure that thing's the same as WV's Appearifier.

Also yeah unless that huge thing is Lord English's Cairo Overcoat then its most likely getting prototyped.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Arrhythmia posted:

Because he said that he didn't want to be caught with his pants down, I'm guessing it's the world's biggest belt.

Naw, clearly he's come into possession of the Righteous Leggings.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
That Fetch Modus is bullshit. At least it doesn't delete your poo poo when you get it lined up, like a full row in Tetris.

Of course, I'd probably use a Purse Modus, which has a couple of pockets for the most frequently used, but everything else is just jumbled in there and requires a lot of digging around and cursing. Maybe then I could update to a Messenger Bag Modus, which is exactly the same but with a greater capacity.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
No wonder he needs so much inventory space, it looks like every bullet he has is on an individual captcha card :psyduck:

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Are you guys sure it's not the Green Sun?

Hussie does have a way of calling back, like, everything. We have yet to see the Green Sun captchalogued. But then how would he get it?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lupus Rufus posted:

Hussie does have a way of calling back, like, everything. We have yet to see the Green Sun captchalogued. But then how would he get it?

Well, Gamzee is still alive, so he could always just sort of reach over and...

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Nilbop posted:

The big thing is Lord English's coffin. Or a denizen. Remember them?!

Yeah, the Cairo Overcoat is my bet.

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008
I can't help but be reminded of this http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002757

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Whatever's in there will be whatever the most confusing option is, so either the Tumor, or Crabdad.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

Lupus Rufus posted:

Dave needs to SBAHJify that, take a picture of the SBAHJ with the capthcharoid, and alchemize it.
x1 Ruby grist, x1 Cobalt grist, -1000 Artifact grist

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Ograbme posted:

Dave needs to SBAHJify that, take a picture of the SBAHJ with the capthcharoid, and alchemize it.
x1 Ruby grist, x1 Cobalt grist, -1000 Artifact grist

The Artifact Sun. The mystical source that maintains Sweet Bro's high.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.

Yeah Man posted:

I'm not seeing any Vriska in Jake, care to enlighten me? :shobon:
It's the "hobbies" part, where he builds crazy dangerous poo poo for others.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gizmotinker posted:

That and his habit of making out with two-dimensional (well, more two-dimensional) representations of characters in terrible movies (yes Avatar was terrible I totally went there)

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Well, speaking of Vriska and Jake...that newest update isn't exactly being subtle.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

Boneless Jogger posted:

Well, speaking of Vriska and Jake...that newest update isn't exactly being subtle.

What the gently caress are you talking abo

quote:

your favorite heroine of all, SPIDER-GIRL.

Aw, son-of-a-bitch.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Boneless Jogger posted:

No, no it is not.

Kudos to whoever pointed out the captchaloguing individual bullets thing.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
John really is his father's son. :allears:

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
Thank god Vriska is dead. Nobody wants a love triangle like that, nobody.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

King of Solomon posted:

John really is his father's son. :allears:

His father/son's son/father.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Factory Factory posted:

His father/son's son/father.

I didn't want to phrase it like that because we're not sure how that whole thing is going to go down this time, but yes.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
you know, before being reminded about Grandpa Harley's obsession with blue girls, I thought the posters were a callback to Vriska. You know, being blue and all.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Quotetype posted:

Thank god Vriska is dead. Nobody wants a love triangle like that, nobody.

There's approx. 10,612 shippers out there who disagree, and 41,325 yaoi fangirls that are ecstatic she is dead.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jake and Vriska will meet and she will be struck by his resemblance to John and she will say something embarassing that makes her blush, turning her face...

...blue...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
This is, of course, the one and only time in the entire comic where these details are, in fact, completely insignificant.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Seoinin posted:

This is, of course, the one and only time in the entire comic where these details are, in fact, completely insignificant.

Actually this is kinda true, the more Hussie points out something, generally the less it's going to be significant~!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Seriously though, maybe it's the planets that Jade had from the pre-scratch session and she gave them to Jake for some reason?

Unlikely. He said he's been syncing up his letter such that he and Jade are running parallel in time. So the Jade he's been talking to up to this point is pre- April 13th, 2009 Jade. (He's about to send her the package, which Jade then then mail to John the normal way in time to get to his house by his birthday on 4/13)

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I don't care what the shippers do, I just want to see more Vriska. Though if she does come back to life won't that leave dead!John all alone? :ohdear:

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
So as well as having a lord english skull-helmet-computer, he also has an alchemised troll laptop thing? That's some interesting choices of computing equipment.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

YggiDee posted:

Whatever's in there will be whatever the most confusing option is, so either the Tumor, or Crabdad.

Though there are no Tumors left for Jake to have in his sylladex I'd really, really love to see Tumor-prototyped enemies.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

YF-23 posted:

Though there are no Tumors left for Jake to have in his sylladex I'd really, really love to see Tumor-prototyped enemies.

Just watch Robocop again, I'm sure it would be exactly like [utl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjEdLuqK1RQ&feature=related]that[/url] probably.

e/ And then they explode.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Nov 20, 2011

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hopefully, Wandering Vagrant will have another chance in this reality :unsmith:

Has there ever been confirmation that the deizens of Prospit, Derst, and the various lands are even vaguely aware that they are stuck in a game/pre-destination chain that they are destined to win/lose?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Unlucky7 posted:

Has there ever been confirmation that the deizens of Prospit, Derst, and the various lands are even vaguely aware that they are stuck in a game/pre-destination chain that they are destined to win/lose?

I think the Prospitians, or at least WQ, are aware that there's no way to get out of Prospit losing the war, but that's about the extent of it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Gizmotinker posted:

I was actually more referring to their mutual penchants for TREASURE HUNTING (moreso in tombs for Jake but all the same).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Unlucky7 posted:

Hopefully, Wandering Vagrant will have another chance in this reality :unsmith:

Vagabond, and he still may have a chance in the normal reality (he's possibly not dead in the troll universe with Bec Noir and PM.)