Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yay Sissel card! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.

chumbler posted:

Is it just me or does it seem like those cards are all missing some green? Also who is fat iron man?

Iron Juggernaut?

Meanwhile what is with that rabbit Spidey thing?

Edit: Hulk Buster Iron Man

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Godot: Caffeine give you a speed boost

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Doorselfin posted:

Iron Juggernaut?

Meanwhile what is with that rabbit Spidey thing?

Edit: Hulk Buster Iron Man

The Amazing Spider-Ham!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Haha, those three images are like a whos-who of internet forum MVC3 character speculation.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
So many good Breath of Fire characters they could have used. :negative:

That being said, that art is really cool.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Jmcrofts posted:

Cue a thousand fanboys crying "WHY ISN'T THIS CHARACTER PLAYABLE"

e: on topic, is h&h playable online as well as locally? It actually sounds pretty fun, I wanna try it with my friends.

Well, it might have been fun to have a Powerstone/Rival Schools character in there somewhere.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Gene is (kind of) in UMVC3 :unsmith:

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Classic :megaman: is a H&H card
:megaman: X is a H&H card.

:megaman: Volnutt for DLC, they could just rip him from Tatsunoko vs Capcom and call it a day. MegaMan fans would be pissed and I would be very ok with this.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Goodpart posted:

Gene is (kind of) in UMVC3 :unsmith:

At least his art is Pretty drat Cool.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Steve doesn't allow vandalism in his store.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
If your assist gets caught by a combo, what exactly determines whether or not the other player can continue going with an aerial combo? Most of the time I can't follow up after an S launcher if the opponent's point is on the ground, but I swear to God it's the exact opposite the other way around and my assist character gets brutalized while I'm left looking up from the ground.

edit re H&H cards: er hello there June's butt.

Jetfire fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 20, 2011

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Those HxH cards do mean I have a killer av now. Gonna love the mode, even if it disconfirms a lot of popular pics people wanted.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
If the point character blocks the launcher, you can't super jump cancel it, even if you're hitting an assist character at the same time. If you catch an assist by itself out in the open you can do whatever you want to it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

chumbler posted:

Is it just me or does it seem like those cards are all missing some green? Also who is fat iron man?

That's his Hulk-Buster armor that he mentions having in his intro quote against Hulk.

http://img.imgcake.com/1321749853766jpgam.jpg
* Akira (Rival Schools), Anakaris, Fou-Lou (Breath of Fire 4), Anti-Venom (current version of Venom, also seen in Spider-Man: Edge of Time), Batsu (Rival Schools/TvC), Beast
* Sakuya (Okami), Black Panther, Bullseye, Captain Blue (Viewtiful Joe), Captain Commando, Chuck Greene (Dead Rising 2)
* Claire Redfield (Chris's sister, RE2/RE:CV), Colossus, Enchantress, Cyclops, Daken (Wolverine's son), Daredevil
* Fin Fang Foom (Marvel; giant dragon), Myria? (Breath of Fire), Satan (the last boss of Ghouls & Ghosts), Devilotte (Cyberbots), Dimitri Maximov, Dr. Octopus (classic costume)
* the Mandarin (Iron Man villain), Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes), Miles Edgeworth (Phoenix Wright), Falcon (Power Stone), Fantastic Four, Felynes (Monster Hunter)
* Franizka von Karma (Phoenix Wright), Ryu (Breath of Fire), Gene (God Hand), Lin (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter), Kenji (Red Earth), Godot
* Uatu the Watcher, Hayate, Hideo (Rival Schools), Rathian (Monster Hunter), Cyber Blue (Battle Circuit), Green Goblin

http://img.imgcake.com/1321749937694jpgaz.jpg
* Loki, Howard the Duck, Iceman, Iron Man's Hulk-Buster armor, the Abomination (Hulk villain), Jin Saotome
* the Juggernaut, Kingpin, Kyosuke Kagami (Rival Schools/CVS2), Lady (Devil May Cry), Leon Kennedy (RE2/RE4), Lilith (Morrigan's sister, Darkstalkers)
* no idea, Luke Cage, Mega Man X, Mega Man, Mephisto, Red Hulk (Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross)
* Missile (Ghost Trick), Madrox the Multiple Man (classic costume), Mystique, a Licker (Resident Evil 2 enemy), Nick Fury (Ultimate/movie edition), Nightcrawler
* Clea (Dr. Strange's former apprentice and ex-girlfriend), Ultron, Bishamon (Darkstalkers), the Maestro (evil future Hulk who survived a nuclear war), the Scarlet Witch, Princess Prin-Prin (Ghosts & Goblins)
* Professor X, Ulik the Rock Troll (Thor villain), the Punisher, Ms. Marvel, Lord Raptor, the Red Skull
* Blodia (Cyberbots), Roll, Rogue, Sabertooth, Sasquatch, Servbots

http://img.imgcake.com/1321749990648jpguz.jpg
* Blade, the Silver Samurai, the Silver Surfer, Nina? (Breath of Fire), Soki (Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams/TvC), Hunk (who shows up in Resident Evil bonus scenarios a lot)
* Jun (Star Gladiator), Dazzler (classic costume), the Grand Master (Strider), Thanos, Elektra, the Destroyer (indestructible suit of magic armor, sort of a Thor villain)
* the Spectacular Spider-Ham (joke character from Marvel's parallel universe where everyone's an anthropomorphic animal), Rathalos (Monster Hunter), Vile (Mega Man X), Black Widow I (Natasha Romanov), Wasp, Dr. Wily
* Sissel (Ghost Trick), Steven Chapman (boss from the first Dead Rising)

Wanderer fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 20, 2011

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ugh if they were gonna use Bowlcut Doc Ock then I'm a little glad they didn't make him

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Sakuya's the Okami chick, Franizka von Karma was who you were thinkin' of, that would be Godot instead of Apollo Justice. And then Sigma's Vile in the same row Wily's on, and then Sissel's the first dude in the last row. That's all I can help with.

EDIT: I don't even know Mega Man that well. :downs:

LightningKimba fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 20, 2011

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Wanderer posted:

Blade, the Silver Samurai, the Silver Surfer, no idea, no idea, Hunk (faceless guy who shows up in Resident Evil bonus scenarios a lot)
chick from Plasma Sword, Dazzler (classic costume), no idea, Thanos, Elektra, the Destroyer (indestructible suit of magic armor, sort of a Thor villain)
the Spectacular Spider-Ham (joke character from Marvel's parallel universe where everyone's an anthropomorphic animal), big dragon (Shadows Over Mystara?), no idea, Black Widow I (Natasha Romanov), Wasp, Dr. Wily
that guy from Ghost Trick, Steven Chapman from Dead Rising
The guy next to Black Widow is Vile from Mega Man X

also the cats next to the Fantastic Four are the Felynes from Monster Hunter, the red dragon next to Vile is Rathalos

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 20, 2011

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It's annoying as gently caress but I'm gonna ask my question again

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Yo money havers, is this Vergil combo I just thought up in my head possible?

l m h stinger xx upkicks sj m h s land summon swords black hole assist xx into place the summon swords on the opponent, and then l m followed by chained h's in s's until the summons swords run out? I doubt it but whatever.

Also, do you build meter while the summon swords are in other formations?

Basically, is there a way to transition from the standard sword formation into having the swords rotate around your opponent without dropping whatever combo you're doing? Basically I wanna see if this works to reduce the hitstun deterioration from Vergil combos a bit.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I'm down to help you out Wanderer.

The chick from Okami is Susano, pretty sure that's Myria from BOF next to Fin Fang Foom, girl to the right of Gene is Lin from BOF: Dragon Quarter, Nina from BOF2, nex to Silver Surfer, and the dude next to the dragon is Vile from Mega Man X. The others you didn't get I'm stuck on myself.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I know most of the BoF characters so I can fill in some of the gaps.
http://img.imgcake.com/1321749853766jpgam.jpg
3rd from left in first row ins Fou-Lou from Breath of Fire 4
2nd from left in 4th row is Myria from Breath of Fire 3
2nd from left in 6th row is Ryu from Breath of Fire 1
4th from left in 6th row is Lin from Breath of Fire 5

4th from left in first row in Nina from Breath of Fire 2.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dr. Strange looks like a super fun character: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMBl1qLv2Q&feature=player_embedded

Also, the idea of landing Impact Palm and raw tagging in gives me even more (exceedingly obvious) Frank West ideas.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Complete noob to the MVC series, picked it up for 360 to have something else to play with my hori stick. Any suggestions on a good group of characters to start with, and any tips for a new player starting out?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Surmy posted:

Complete noob to the MVC series, picked it up for 360 to have something else to play with my hori stick. Any suggestions on a good group of characters to start with, and any tips for a new player starting out?

What else do you play?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I just spent 3 hours playing Hawkeye/Frank/Nemesis, using Frank's meter assist and holy poo poo Hawkeye with ridiculous meter to spend is even more fun than Storm in the same situation. :psyduck:

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Dr. Strange looks like a super fun character: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMBl1qLv2Q&feature=player_embedded

Also, the idea of landing Impact Palm and raw tagging in gives me even more (exceedingly obvious) Frank West ideas.

The guide has a combo with seven Impact Palms where they say Strange is gunning for Magneto in the "I use one move a dozen times in the same combo" department.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

I just spent 3 hours playing Hawkeye/Frank/Nemesis, using Frank's meter assist and holy poo poo Hawkeye with ridiculous meter to spend is even more fun than Storm in the same situation. :psyduck:
No matter how much meter Frank's drink builds, it's insane not to pick shooping cart, also Frank is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally exposed during it

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Razeam posted:

The guide has a combo with seven Impact Palms where they say Strange is gunning for Magneto in the "I use one move a dozen times in the same combo" department.

Yeah, lot of these combos have at least seven Impact Palms, and I think they beat the guide in terms of damage. Also, I forgot to link this video from the same guy that he made prior to the one I linked in my previous post (it shows more basic solo Strange stuff): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWRUyksIwVE&feature=player_embedded

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

No matter how much meter Frank's drink builds, it's insane not to pick shooping cart, also Frank is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally exposed during it

Maybe when you play people who know how to rushdown properly. :shepface:

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Parallax Scroll posted:

What else do you play?

I've played a decent amount of SSF4, but I was pretty bad at it. To be honest all in all I'm still a reasonably new player to fighting games.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Are there going to be DLC characters?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Are there going to be DLC characters?

Nothing has been announced on that front, but I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom sells Mega Man for 50 bucks and says if enough people buy it, they'll un-cancel Mega Man Legends 3.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Nothing has been announced on that front, but I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom sells Mega Man for 50 bucks and says if enough people buy it, they'll un-cancel Mega Man Legends 3.

Mega Man with a Zero alt costume.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I would pay for a Rocket Raccoon alt costume if it was classic Megaman.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
HUNK is one of the cards!

Also, there's no Gambit :ninja:

e: any notable/popular Capcom characters missing from the collection?

usedpizza fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 20, 2011

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Metrohunter posted:

I would pay for a Rocket Raccoon alt costume if it was classic Megaman.

Team Not Really Mega Men

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's not Baron Mordo, its the Mandarin, Iron Man's magical enemy. Next to Godot is Kenji from Red Earth. Next to Green Goblin is Cyber Blue from Battle Circuit. Next to Hideo is a Rathian from Monster Hunter. Next to Scarlet Witch is the Princess Prin Prin from Ghosts N Goblins. The Rock Trolls' name is Ulik. The Cyberbot next to Roll is Jin's Blodia. The Onimusha dude is Soki.

No idea who the Marvel character next to Luke Cage is, but I assume its a character from Thor or Hercules' series.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 20, 2011

Disease
Oct 6, 2011

Surmy posted:

Nemesis / Ghost Rider / Sentinel

Probably the most bang for the least time invested.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm gonna pick the Wily card. I think I'm gonna win this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Glass Eater posted:

any notable/popular Capcom characters missing from the collection?

The dude from Asura's Wrath, Samunosuke from Onimusha, Vanessa Schneider from PN03, and anybody from Power Stone are the closest I can think of.

• Locked thread