Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

InnercityGriot posted:

The dude from Asura's Wrath, Samunosuke from Onimusha, Vanessa Schneider from PN03, and anybody from Power Stone are the closest I can think of.

Falcon from Power Stone is in there best I can tell.

Also man do I love ghost rider, dirt easy BnB + dead assists everywhere. Gr/Dorm/Doom is zoning heaven/XF3 doom mania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gunna post this assist specific combo for ghost rider, I'm using nova assist, but other stuff will probably work as well.

HH/2H 623L HH+assist1 623L HH 214L 236L 236PP mash. Gets 725k with HH starter+nova assist.

The reason this combo works is the assist (in my case nova) tags the enemy after the second wall bounce chain, keeping them from hitting the ground long enough that I can get more chain in.

This works well with the nova assist thanks to it's ground bounce, but the range from a corner I can do this is limited to a zoomed in screen/a little less than a zoomed in screen.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 20, 2011

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Marvel villain I couldn't name is apparently The Serpent, a recent villain in the Fear Itself storyline. So yeah that's all the Heroes and Heralds cards then right? None of the information on what each do has been leaked has it?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
My favorite part of the Frank West trials is how it doesnt mention which of the combos you can stick a snapshot at the end of.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Glass Eater posted:

e: any notable/popular Capcom characters missing from the collection?
No one from Sengoku Basara :(

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Ugh, we get a Red Skull card but no Gottfreid Groeder from Bionic Commando to go with him? I know they're just cards but dammit Capcom you were so close to having the best tag-team former-Nazi matchup in fiction!

Also am I alone in hoping that some of those cards could be potential DLC character candidates?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Gutcruncher posted:

My favorite part of the Frank West trials is how it doesnt mention which of the combos you can stick a snapshot at the end of.

None of Phoenix Wright's trials involve turnabout mode in the slightest even those all of his fun combos involve turnabout somehow. Capcom really doesn't give a poo poo whether you learn to play the game or not.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~

NecroMonster posted:

The reason this combo works is the assist (in my case nova) tags the enemy after the second wall bounce chain, keeping them from hitting the ground long enough that I can get more chain in.

This works well with the nova assist thanks to it's ground bounce, but the range from a corner I can do this is limited to a zoomed in screen/a little less than a zoomed in screen.

I recently learned that Nova can do an infinite in XF3 because that move doesn't count towards the ground bounce limit. I assume the assist is the same, so it's too bad Ghost Rider doesn't have a ground bounce.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

InnercityGriot posted:

The dude from Asura's Wrath, Samunosuke from Onimusha, Vanessa Schneider from PN03, and anybody from Power Stone are the closest I can think of.

Do they have Rival Schools characters?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Do they have Rival Schools characters?

Four of them.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Here's a fun little tidbit: Firebrand's j.qcb+M and H, while they act basically just like an 8-way airdash, really just count as a special move that move him a certain way. Who cares you say? That means Firebrand is now the only character in the game that can block after an airdash!

I just spent like 3 hours messing around with Firebrand in training mode. He owns. He owns!!!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Revitalized posted:

Team Not Really Mega Men
I want a Rush alt for Amaterasu.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nova throw combos!

These all work with air throws as well.

Corner throw into corner: throw 6H S jH j214L add jH S jH j214L add jH j623PP mash. Does 520k

Midscreen throw into corner: throw 623L M S jH j214L add jH S jH j214L add jH j623PP mash. Does 518k

Working on Corner throw into midscreen right now, fingers are tired of this tho, so I ain't managed it yet. This is what I'm trying: throw 623L M S jH j214L addf jH S jH j214L add jH j623PP mash.

Razeam, what is the set up/notation for that XF3 infinite with Nova?

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Cat Machine posted:

No one from Sengoku Basara :(
It's not a Capcom IP. Arc System Works even made a fighting game based on it.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
A really bad one from what I've heard. Basically the entire game is "put other guy in braindead infinite, win game."

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

PalmTreeFun posted:

A really bad one from what I've heard. Basically the entire game is "put other guy in braindead infinite, win game."

Wasn't the infinite jabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjab....

I saw a video of that one and it was hilarious.

E: p, b, it's all the same to me

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~

NecroMonster posted:

Razeam, what is the set up/notation for that XF3 infinite with Nova?

It's just forward H, XFC, then Centurion Rush M over and over again.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

leather fedora posted:

Who owns it? All I know is that all the games are developed and published by Capcom...

FauxCyclops
Feb 25, 2007

I'm the man who killed Hostess. Now, say my name.
Are you loving serious, Steve the grocery store manager from Dead Rising 1 has a sticker, the whole collection is like a rogues gallery of lesser-known or b- and c-tier characters, and not a single loving one is a Killer7 character?

I'm going to dress up as a heaven smile and suicide bomb the Capcom offices, and be indirectly responsible for the delay of Gene/Megaman DLC so they roll them into Uncanny MVC3

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sade posted:

Here's a fun little tidbit: Firebrand's j.qcb+M and H, while they act basically just like an 8-way airdash, really just count as a special move that move him a certain way. Who cares you say? That means Firebrand is now the only character in the game that can block after an airdash!

I just spent like 3 hours messing around with Firebrand in training mode. He owns. He owns!!!

I thought spidey was the only one

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Killer 7 characters are probably a little trickier to use since Grasshopper Studios is still around and they might have some legal rights or royalties involved with those characters.

FauxCyclops
Feb 25, 2007

I'm the man who killed Hostess. Now, say my name.
Nah, this was covered in the last thread. Suda would like to make a sequel to Killer7 but can't because Capcom owns the property.

So basically the whole Killer7 is locked in Capcom's vaults, forgotten and soon to disappear from history :sigh:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I thought spidey was the only one

Firebrand's doesn't really count because he can't cancel it into normals like any other airdash.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Braved the online world outside the danger room for the first time today. Unfortunately, I'm still as mentally unstable and unbelievably salty as I was when playing vanilla. Really takes a lot out of me. Looking to air out my experience (Playstation Network).

I find Maximilian's preview fairly well accurate. I don't suffer from dropped inputs on simple combos anymore (sadly I'm still unable to perform anything more advanced than a magic series because I'm bad at this game). However, I feel the overall delay in input has increased since vanilla. Perhaps it's just me and the lobbies I was in, but it took a great deal of mental adjustment every match just to get into any sort of flow.

Speaking of matches, I lost a bunch. 3/11 in fact. Looks like a lot of people are going back to the big guys again so input delay becomes less a problem (hulk, nemesis, sentinel). Could just be new players grabbing the easy guys, could also be top rank players stat padding off us scrubs. I wouldn't know, since all the ranks were resent. Either way, it's a bit frustrating. Still, gotta learn to deal with these guys eventually - even if you aren't allowed to punish some things that local play wouldn't be a problem. My biggest gripe is not being able to grab dudes out of the air well because of how fickle that can be.

Despite all that, I had fun. While trying to cool off my anxiety between matches, watching others play just as badly (sometimes worse, amazingly enough) than me is refreshing. Watching tournament players on streams tends to cause me to forget most people aren't playing on that level. It'd be nice if we had a goon lobby of some sort so that I could get feedback on what I'm doing wrong. You know, outside the obvious combo dropping and frantic button mashing.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

MinibarMatchman posted:

Ugh if they were gonna use Bowlcut Doc Ock then I'm a little glad they didn't make him

As if there is any other version that matters.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is Amateratsu's Mission 5 (I think) busted? It says "Standing M, Standing H" but it keeps resetting when I hit H.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

leather fedora posted:

Yes it is. Sengoku Basara X was published by Capcom.

Percity
Oct 24, 2006

Liku posted:

Is Amateratsu's Mission 5 (I think) busted? It says "Standing M, Standing H" but it keeps resetting when I hit H.

I haven't looked at the mission but you might be hitting forward+h

edit: Just looked, if it's mission 6 you need to use the sword.

Percity fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 20, 2011

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Well that'll explain it, thanks.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Niddhogg posted:

As if there is any other version that matters.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Ryaomon posted:

Show was good but nope, bowl cut for life.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
I'm a little bit disappointed that Phoenix Wright's Level 3 doesn't work on Galactus, I didn't expect it to but held out hope.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus Christ Nemesis. I took out a team that was Mag/Doom/Sent because I guess Magneto wasn't sure about the range on Nemesis' normals, so I was able to take him out with no trouble, and then he got out Doom, after a bit Sent assist came out and got hilariously crossed up in the corner, air combo'd then Rocket super x factor rocket super for both characters. So zany!

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

charismaslover posted:

I'm a little bit disappointed that Phoenix Wright's Level 3 doesn't work on Galactus, I didn't expect it to but held out hope.

More importantly, does the Penance Stare work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I wager that most level 3s that run off a cinamatic won't work. Otherwise you would have awesome and hilarious stuff like Haggar Piledriving him or Iron man dragging Galactus on the surface of that meteor. Some will sort of like like She-Hulk's car dodge, but only because the car itself does some damage.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

FauxCyclops posted:

Are you loving serious, Steve the grocery store manager from Dead Rising 1 has a sticker, the whole collection is like a rogues gallery of lesser-known or b- and c-tier characters, and not a single loving one is a Killer7 character?

I'm going to dress up as a heaven smile and suicide bomb the Capcom offices, and be indirectly responsible for the delay of Gene/Megaman DLC so they roll them into Uncanny MVC3

I...don't know anyone from Killer 7.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Grand Finals from the Super Arcade tournament is definitely a must see, about 1:12:00 http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/300454344

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

NecroMonster posted:

Working on Corner throw into midscreen right now, fingers are tired of this tho, so I ain't managed it yet. This is what I'm trying: throw 623L M S jH j214L addf jH S jH j214L add jH j623PP mash.

Nice I didn't know Nova Strike L addf j.H was a thing. It looked like there ought to be a way to continue after a Nova Strike L in the air I just hadn't found it.

Do you know if j.M j.M j.H NS L addf j.H xx fly j.M j.H j.S works at superjump height? You might even be able to get greedy and do a second NS L addf j.H since you might still be in flight, giving you a second airdash. I've been doing j.M j.M j.H xx fly j.M j.H NS M j.S but it's midscreen only.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Niddhogg posted:

Show was good but nope, bowl cut for life.

The good news is that we would have gotten that voice for him if he were playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su-HZH3U1Bo

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Broken Loose posted:

The good news is that we would have gotten that voice for him if he were playable.
"TREACHERY!!!!" :argh:

It's also pretty much the only reason why I wanted Venom in this game.

• Locked thread