Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Renaissance Robot posted:

e/ And then they explode.

Yeah I was mostly referring to the powers they would have. Specifically, if they'd all explode at the end of the two universes and if they'd all leave a Green Sun behind which would make for all kinds of :stare:

e:

King of Solomon posted:

Vagabond, and he still may have a chance in the normal reality (he's possibly not dead in the troll universe with Bec Noir and PM.)

Wayward Vagabond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Cleretic posted:

I think the Prospitians, or at least WQ, are aware that there's no way to get out of Prospit losing the war, but that's about the extent of it.

Plus what they see in the clouds, hence those books in [S]Rose: Descend that talk about the scratch and stuff.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 20, 2011

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
There's also mention in [S]Rose: Descend that a lot of the white kingdom's mythology is based on hopelessness. That might be because the kids' pre-scratch session was flawed from the beginning, or because the white kingdoms are destined to lose without any outside help.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yaaay more smiling fruit! I missed those guys :buddy:

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Hopefully, Wandering Vagrant will have another chance in this reality :unsmith:

Maybe PM will end up on the post-scratch planet before they start playing sburb and WV will get prototyped into a kernelsprite.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

atomicthumbs posted:

Loose Change 4/13: A Sburban Conspiracy

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

of bees posted:

Maybe PM will end up on the post-scratch planet before they start playing sburb and WV will get prototyped into a kernelsprite.

I'm still betting he gets the ring off Jack as payoff for the "You're becoming the monster!" dream.

What I hope though is that PM and WV (and/or Jack, I guess) get to meet their alternate selves in the new game, because it'd be neat to see if they have any conception of other copies of themselves existing.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I finally finished the Dog Tier Jade strife theme I was working on! I ended up collaborating with another fan musician, DiamondCrash, to make something really special!

DC did all the guitars and even redid the drums when I got too frustrated with the way mine were turning out. I never realized how fun collaborations could be.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Dammit Jake, it's not Tetris, it's Klotski. :colbert:

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Ubik posted:

Dammit Jake, it's not Tetris, it's Klotski. :colbert:

Oh my god is that the World's Most Difficult Trick that's in Lufia 2? I never could solve that goddamned thing.

/derail

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Well Manicured Man posted:

I finally finished the Dog Tier Jade strife theme I was working on! I ended up collaborating with another fan musician, DiamondCrash, to make something really special!

DC did all the guitars and even redid the drums when I got too frustrated with the way mine were turning out. I never realized how fun collaborations could be.

Well Manicured Man I just want to express my fondness for this, it's very good, and I enjoy listening to it. The instrumental selection and how the pieces fit together are really to my taste, thank you.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
His computer even resembles the troll computers.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

RuanGacho posted:

Well Manicured Man I just want to express my fondness for this, it's very good, and I enjoy listening to it. The instrumental selection and how the pieces fit together are really to my taste, thank you.

Thanks! I spent a long time tweaking all the symphonic instruments so that they fit together nicely with the guitars and even then I'm still not sure if I'm satisfied with my part of the song :v:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Well Manicured Man posted:

Thanks! I spent a long time tweaking all the symphonic instruments so that they fit together nicely with the guitars and even then I'm still not sure if I'm satisfied with my part of the song :v:

Sort of a segway, but do you happen to have a good tutorial on how to use a program like FL Studio to create music?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

pandaK posted:

Sort of a segway, but do you happen to have a good tutorial on how to use a program like FL Studio to create music?

How To Make Electronic Music is a good source for info, but I mainly figured out FL Studio through trial and error (and reading the manual sometimes).

edit: oh and right now I'm using Reaper for its 64-bit capability, and I'm pretty much learning that by trial and error too. It's a lot simpler and easier to use than FL Studio, although FL Studio comes with better presets. And by 'comes with better presets" I mean it comes with presets.

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 21, 2011

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
UU you tease!

quote:

UU: it is in the way my race propagates. oUr ancestors precede Us by millenia.

95% sure uu is a troll, 50% that she is from the pre-scratch session.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Shippers, start your engines.

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

Making A1 the Troll's Ancestor's universe, A2 the troll's universe, B1 the kid's universe and B2 the current universe, seems to be correct. But it also seems to be a little bit too correct.

Or maybe I am just reading too much into this.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
Pretty sure that UU is either a troll, or some third alien race that forms in the successful universe that breaks free from the ridiculous cycle of failure.

Also, paving the way for gods could mean both godtiers or Lord English, depending on how sinister you think UU is gonna turn out to be.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I hesitate to even point this out since she just about outright says it (even referring to arm twisting as in Jake's letter), but it seems UU was the one who brought Jake in contact with Jade and got them started working on Liv Tyler. And she "relayed" the information enabling him to make the weapons; presumably the information will have taken the form of codes, but her wording suggests she got them from someone else first...

Also, Jake's continuing need for uranium really makes me hope for a striderlog (brologue?) soon. Will the Striders have some sort of bizarro Lone Ranger thing going on with Maplehoof?! Only time will tell.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.

QueerPope posted:

Also, paving the way for gods could mean both godtiers or Lord English, depending on how sinister you think UU is gonna turn out to be.

quote:

pave the way for the arrival of gods.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I wonder why her name would be something shocking and/or terrifying.

Unless it's like... Vriska Egbert Jr or something.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Saradiart posted:

Maybe her name is Betty Crocker :tinfoil:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Her repetition of the idea of "breaking free of all this folderol" makes me think that it's misdirection - the implication is that Lord English's cycle of universe destruction will end, but it could also be read as freeing him from the rules and remands of said cycle and giving him total freedom to nom down on whatever strand of reality he pleases. With the recurrent importance of the fourth wall in the comic, I'm actually tempted to suspect that the final conflict will centre around LE aiming to break into the really real world and that that's what UU is talking about.

Just a theory! I really don't trust her though especially since sending the bunny is what kickstarts the whole "everyything is hosed" chain reaction in the first place, and John wouldn't even need saving from the Sovereign Slayer (which is why she's told Jake he needs to send it) if it weren't for the bunny enabling Jack's rise to power!

She might be a troll but I also really suspect her of being a First Guardian or something in that neighbourhood, and of being on the big man's payroll. This whole thing stinks to high heaven!

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 21, 2011

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

quote:

pave the way for the arrival of gods.
That and I'm pretty sure Lord English has never been referred to as a god. Demon, yes, but not a god.

UU is at least slightly sinister though, in that she's responsible for arming the bunny and suggesting the whole idea to Jake and Jade in the first place. Though from her perspective it seems to have turned out all right in the end.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Jake should really get excited about that whole paving the way for gods thing. A comic buff like him would be reminded of the Silver Surfer being the herald of Galactus, and that worked out really well!

Seriously if I weren't certain she that she was referring to the kids that line would be sinister as gently caress.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Paul.Power posted:

That and I'm pretty sure Lord English has never been referred to as a god. Demon, yes, but not a god.

She could just be speaking in the short term. Besides that, it's inconsistent with Hussie's usual style that we'd get a character making a purposefully cryptic statement which has an obvious meaning for the audience but is unusual to the character hearing it, and then have that obvious meaning actually be the correct one. This is the lesson gleaned from like, every Doc Scratch log (and parallels between the two characters are worryingly apparent!).

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Although being inconsistent for the purpose of loving with people is also something Hussie has done, if rarely, so yeah.

Android Blues posted:

Her repetition of the idea of "breaking free of all this folderol" makes me think that it's misdirection - the implication is that Lord English's cycle of universe destruction will end, but it could also be read as freeing him from the rules and remands of said cycle and giving him total freedom to nom down on whatever strand of reality he pleases. With the recurrent importance of the fourth wall in the comic, I'm actually tempted to suspect that the final conflict will centre around LE aiming to break into the really real world and that that's what UU is talking about.

The impression I got was more about specifically the kids breaking free, and doing it by actively loving off somewhere safe rather than beating LE, who will likely continue to blight somebody else's existence for the rest of time. At least from the UU/Jane log.

Also never heard of anyone trying to "bollocks off" anywhere, while bUgger off would have made more sense for the gimmick and more actual sense, being a thing that someone somewhere has said completely unironically at least once. Not that that last thing is so much of a requirement for this comic, but still.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, hmm.

UU posted:

UU: imagine two Universes, A and B.
UU: now imagine there are two instances of each Universe, A1 and A2 and B1 and B2.
UU: the first instance of each is like a test rUn, that does not qUite sUcceed.
UU: the second instance thoUgh will meet all of its pUrposes!

Okay, right off the bat, mysterious references to unspoken "purposes" always set off a lot of alarm bells. Even worse, though, we know what purposes universe A2 succeeded at. Way to be sinister, UU.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'm inclined to think that she's referring to the kids because she is already filling her misdirection quota by dint of her existence, which raises a whole lot of questions. We don't know her motivation yet but I'm reasonably comfortable with assuming she's referring to the four godtier kids in this instance.

I imagine that Jade and John, since they took the jump directly through the fourth wall, might end up on Earth while Rose and Dave will go directly to the new A2 session since they're navigating through outer god territory with, presumably, the trolls.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's definitely weird. Everything about her not only screams troll, but a troll who had the same relationship with her ancestor as the 12 we know. That is, she had an ancestor, but that ancestor lived a long, long time from when she lived. Which further implies the same sort of ectobiological origins and traveling-via-a-gate-during-the-reckoning as the 24 original trolls made by Karkat. So, hmm.

Babbage
Sep 6, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

Also never heard of anyone trying to "bollocks off" anywhere, while bUgger off would have made more sense for the gimmick and more actual sense, being a thing that someone somewhere has said completely unironically at least once. Not that that last thing is so much of a requirement for this comic, but still.

I think I have, but it is certainly not that common in this context. It's definitely British English-esque to use the word bollocks though. English spelling (all the extra Us) and the fact that the two snakes around UU's caduceus symbol look like they are the same colour as the one associated with the Green Sun also raises a warning flag for me.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
EDIT: Nevermind, I get what was intended.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Android Blues posted:

I wouldn't put it past Hussie for this to be a doubly subversive break. In that not only does LE break free from the rules of the cycle, but also from whatever rule makes him evil. So in other words she is trying to bring about her existence or the existence of whoever gives her the orders, just like doc scratch did, but that presence might be no longer evil, or perhaps the whoever commands an omniscient first guardian is no longer Lord English.

This is also one of the ways I see to "win" an game where the outcome of being "already here" is guaranteed by the rules of causality.

On the gods argument, consider that the caduceus was the staff carried by Hermes, the messenger of the gods.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I didn't trust UU before, and now I'm sure as hell not going to trust her now that it's been revealed she made Jake build the bunny that's pretty much responsible for every bad thing that happened in act 4 and 5. If it is a Troll though (it probably is) , I'm not sure what her deal is or how she's alive after the vast glub.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Saradiart posted:

Marquise Vriska Egbert Jr.

Or it could just be Mindfang.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
By "pave the way for the arrival of gods", I suppose that could also mean the Horrorterrors of the Furthest Ring. I don't think it's likely, mind you. But I will just throw that out there anyway.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
UU is Hysterical Dame, calling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol

quote:

UU: imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff.

I keep seeing this :U