Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Papagiorgio
Oct 4, 2011

Caramaline posted:

My day will be awesome if Edmonton wins this game because then I will win $100. Don't let me down Nuge.

So that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
My dog went missing after escaping the house yesterday. She's 17 years old and wouldn't stop on her own for traffic even when I had a leash on her.

I got a phonecall today, 28 hours later, saying she was safely tucked up in a kennel waiting for pickup.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Canceled all plans for this weekend because, that's why. May not even pick up my phone if it's not life or death.

Oh man is this ever paying dividends today. Following college football and drinking all sorts of nice beverages while figuring out what I've got to get done before the end of the year (so I can do it later).

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Roger Waters' The Wall Live tour is hitting Chicago 2 days after my birthday, and my parents got me a ticket that's gonna be my 21st birthday present. So pumped.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
In about 2 hours I have a date :3:. I am excited.

Didja Redo
Jan 24, 2010

Wanna try my freedom meat BBQ meat?
Heading to the station, saw a couple of guys walking arm in arm. As I went past, one of them leaned over and kissed the other.

I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but you hardly ever see openly gay couples around here. We've come a long way with regards to accepting homosexuality, and we've still got a ways to go, but it's nice to see that in this day, at this time, a dude can at least feel comfortable kissing his boyfriend in public. It affirms that, yes, we will get there eventually.

I'm not even gay myself. I don't know why that made me so happy. It just did.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
A shot in the dark email to Kohler asking for spare faucet parts to help make a prototype for a project has turned into Kohler sending us a $700 faucet fo' free AND they want us to present our final design to their design team via a conference call with Kohler HQ in Wisconson. :haw:

Totally awesome.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Didja Redo posted:

Heading to the station, saw a couple of guys walking arm in arm. As I went past, one of them leaned over and kissed the other.

I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but you hardly ever see openly gay couples around here. We've come a long way with regards to accepting homosexuality, and we've still got a ways to go, but it's nice to see that in this day, at this time, a dude can at least feel comfortable kissing his boyfriend in public. It affirms that, yes, we will get there eventually.

I'm not even gay myself. I don't know why that made me so happy. It just did.

That is awesome and adorable; I wish I saw that more around where I live.

I'm pregnant! :woop: I told my mom about it and she called me just so she could squeal and start :spergin: about vitamins and things during her work break. Gonna burst with excitement after I stop bursting with vomit.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
Today I realized how well I'm doing in school compared to last year. If I had hosed up this semester my rear end would be kicked out of college, and that would not be a good thing. Fortunately, I finally took a hint, actually went to class and put effort in, and am looking at a 3.0+ semester GPA if I don't start slacking! I'm really enjoying the major I switched to too, so things are looking up.

Also, we finally got my roommates cat down from a 30 foot tree. It had been stuck up there for 3 days, but a friend of ours eventually climbed up about 20 feet (it was pretty crazy, the limbs were dangerously thin) and poked the cat out of the tree with a pool cleaning pole thing. They even caught the cat in a blanket when it fell! She's okay now and finally at ground level.

Today has been a good day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

A shot in the dark email to Kohler asking for spare faucet parts to help make a prototype for a project has turned into Kohler sending us a $700 faucet fo' free AND they want us to present our final design to their design team via a conference call with Kohler HQ in Wisconson. :haw:

Totally awesome.

Whoa, that is awesome!

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Bear Rape posted:

I'm pregnant! :woop: I told my mom about it and she called me just so she could squeal and start :spergin: about vitamins and things during her work break. Gonna burst with excitement after I stop bursting with vomit.

Congrats!

My day has been good cos I applied for a job that would suit my hours, and I have awesome friends who have my back no matter what and it feels nice to know you can reply on people other then family for support.

May 1, 2008

ಠ_ಠ
I just finished reading a great book, and for some reason the story hit me really hard. I didn't realize how badly I needed to just :qq: and let it out, but now I feel...inspired.

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:

Bear Rape posted:

Aww that's super! Is it your first babby? Sometimes I feel bad for my mom because she has four boys - the oldest is disabled so they dote on him, but the other three of us seem content to go out and have fun in the three different cities we live in. Usually she seems to enjoy hearing about our hijinks and flights of fancy for the most part, but one out of 10 phone conversations have this weird, secretly venomous moment where you can practically hear her shouting WHEN IS ONE OF YOU STUPID ASSHOLES GONNA KNOCK UP A GIRLFRIEND?!?! I NEED THIS. To tie it in with the thread, today was awesome because I have an awesome mom who I love.

I hate the way I turned that great news into a post about myself so I'll say again: congrats Bear Rape!!!!!!! (that was fun to type)

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I'm getting a unicycle for Christmas.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

16% curve on our last bio exam. I knew taking an early morning class that no one else ever shows up to would pay off someday.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I didn't win the football pool, but my boss did, and he bought me a steak :chef:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Oh Hell No posted:

16% curve on our last bio exam. I knew taking an early morning class that no one else ever shows up to would pay off someday.

Curves rule. I once got a 76% on a quiz and was freaking out about the C, but it turned out that 76 was the highest in the class and there was a ~35% curve. :hellyeah:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Rubies posted:

Aww that's super! Is it your first babby? Sometimes I feel bad for my mom because she has four boys - the oldest is disabled so they dote on him, but the other three of us seem content to go out and have fun in the three different cities we live in. Usually she seems to enjoy hearing about our hijinks and flights of fancy for the most part, but one out of 10 phone conversations have this weird, secretly venomous moment where you can practically hear her shouting WHEN IS ONE OF YOU STUPID ASSHOLES GONNA KNOCK UP A GIRLFRIEND?!?! I NEED THIS. To tie it in with the thread, today was awesome because I have an awesome mom who I love.

I hate the way I turned that great news into a post about myself so I'll say again: congrats Bear Rape!!!!!!! (that was fun to type)

Thanks a bunch! Yep, it's my first. I'm a little nervous, but not freaking out (not as much as my mom, at least). I'm honestly unsure as to the gender, since my family seems to have tons and tons of girls, while my fiance's family is all boys. I'll be happy either way! And yeah, my mom is like GRANDCHILD GIMMIE I NEED TO FEEL OLD.

My day was awesome because I looked at the house I'll be moving into. It's huge compared to where I've been, like 1400 square feet (of awesome). They take pets, it has 3 bedrooms, a pond, a pool, and a playground all next to really great schools, just like 700 a month. Yessss. I should be moving sometime next month. Also, free internet access.
Things are really looking up for me. :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My girlfriend's classes next Wednesday got cancelled, meaning our original plan of meeting up on the way to my parents' place Tuesday, getting a hotel and loving all night, and then finishing the drive to my parents' place on Wednesday is actually going to go through! :buddy: We haven't seen each other in a month, which is one part of why this past month has been one of the worst in my life (SUPER busy at work, which is why we haven't seen one another)

dispute2.0
Apr 5, 2009
Getting over 5 grand back from the taxman :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

My unflappable, super-cool, always-supportive direct supervisor. (The rest of the job can go jump in a lake.)

fluttershy.jpg
Mar 29, 2006

by angerbeet
I'm working on bolstering my resume to send in to a job that suits my abilities and interests to the T and I am very happy with what I have so far. I also have asked 3 of my former employers to provide me a character reference and all 3 of them said they would gladly do so and will have it sent to me by the weekend. :)

I'm super excited, and feeling good about things for once.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My boyfriend just got an entirely new bedset, including some sort of awesome new foam mattress. Saturday is the day a good friend I haven't seen in months is hosting a Doctor Who theme party.

So Saturday I get to:
watch one of my favorite shows with a roomful of my favorite people all day
sleep in an awesome bed with my love :3:

Saturday get here faster please!

EDIT: That didn't happen today, so actual content -- My Droid Incredible is rooted now :)

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 09:12 on Nov 17, 2011

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green
I traded a bunch of virtual hats for some actual games, and for and early birthday present I got to pick out a bunch of Armored Core games I've been wanting for a while.

Just need to do this big presentation for my political science course and life will be great.

Susat has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Nov 17, 2011

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
I run a few gymnastics classes for 3-4 year old kids, and after tonights classes I went to a board meeting in my own daughter's kindergarten. The mother of one of the kids was there too and told me that she asked her son if he had fun at gymnastics tonight. He had answered "NO! the balls weren't there!" Turns out that he actually had a blast with the pirate-themed jungle gym I set up for tonight, but I had forgotten to toss the usual 20 plastic soccer balls onto the floor for the kids to play with while they waited for everyone to arrive. According to his mom he fell asleep singing "yo ho ho and a bottle of rum".

I know it's long, but stuff like this really makes my day. :3:

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
So the rather attractive sort-of bigwig I work with actually knows my name. We passed each other in the all and he was all "Hey, Quitters, how's it going?" ...I figued he just knew me as "that sorta new girl who has a similar smoke break schedule to me"

I managed to break the bonus scheme for my team. I have a $250 bonus on this paycheck. Ooops. They changed it now so we'll be getting about 2/3rds of what we're getting now in bonus money. But I'm still happy that my team is doing awesome enough they had to cut our bonuses cause they couldn't afford it. I should have made $400, but they changed the bonus rules to apply to this paycheck.

And I got a free $5 wawa gift card for helping train the new CSRs. All I had to do was call them and pretend to be a client. easy enough!

E: I brought home a 4 digit paycheck! I'm a proper adult now! It's just barely 4 digits, but still, it's...kinda awesome to see four digits on my paystub.

Dr Jankenstein has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Nov 18, 2011

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

My roommate got me a video game I haven't played in years and really enjoy. She said, "I was saving this for Christmas, but I wanted to see you play this now."

I feel lucky to have awesome roomies.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Just got my Kindle Fire and oh my god it's so awesome. My first tablet and I'm just blown away.

fluttershy.jpg
Mar 29, 2006

by angerbeet
Woke up in a good mood today, went to Walmart with a friend and I walked in through the "exit" doors. He announces in a faux worried tone "fluttershy.jpg you're going in through the wrong doors" and I reply proudly with "gently caress THE POLICE" and throw my arms in the air and continue walking.

We both had a good laugh and went about our business. Gonna be a good day. :3:

(The door greeter was absent and there weren't any virgin ears for me to violate with such a profane sentiment, in case you're wondering.)

Break The Sky
Sep 29, 2008
I'm getting a new mattress!

And since I don't have anywhere to be until way later tonight, I'm going to spend all day in bed :3:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Met up with an old friend last night. I've slept a grand total of 4 hours -- last night went very well.

Heading out with my best friend. Going to eat yummy Mexican food then visit our favorite bartender. And tomorrow I have nothing to do and am planning on sleeping in.

I love weekends.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
Had a perfect lazy Sunday after an awesome pool party at my place yesterday. Woke up without a hangover to the maid cleaning up after the party.

Spamtheman has a new favorite as of 08:11 on Nov 21, 2011

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
Went to a great party yesterday, didn't do anything today apart from paint my nails with a new polish that's lavender and also sort of dove grey and rewatch parks and rec episodes. Also delicious pasta with bolognese sauce.

rds
Nov 28, 2004
After being dumped by a girl I had been seeing for a few months, I got a call from a friend I hadn't seen in several years to tell me she had just moved back home and wanted to hang out; it really turned my weekend around. Also, my dog is curled up between my feet right now, his favorite place to be.

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!
Took my dog on a good long walk today and now she's passed out on the floor, tired and happy and obviously dreaming because she keeps twitching her big ol' dumb feet and doing those little chirpy barks she does when she's chasing something fun. I hope she catches it in her dream this time! :3:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I slept on a memory foam mattress for the first time last night. It was amazing.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

CrackSpider posted:

I slept on a memory foam mattress for the first time last night. It was amazing.
The best purchase I ever made was my memory foam mattress. It is awesome.

I woke up covered in purring, cuddly cats this morning. Tonight I'm going to see Labyrinth with my best friend then we're going to eat tacos while I shamelessly (and pointlessly) hit on the bartender -- abject humiliation is good for the soul.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got the go-ahead from my boss to leave early for Thanksgiving, meeting my girlfriend tomorrow night en route to my parents' place and spending a night in a jacuzzi suite with each other :quagmire:

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 06:21 on Nov 22, 2011

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Went to an awesome local Mexican restaurant with my wife and one of our close friends. Our friend asked for spicy salsa instead of the normal stuff, and the waitress asked if she wanted "spicy" or "really spicy". We opted for "really spicy" and the waitress brought out some pretty drat hot, really dark colored salsa that we dug into. The waitress waited around to as we all tried it to see how we liked it, and it got our seal of approval. A few minutes later, she came back with the manager and a couple other folks (all Hispanic staff) with some salsa verde with "an extra kick". Good loving lord, it was hot! But it was really good at the same time, so we had a great time burning our tongues together while the staff got a good laugh out of watching a bunch of gringos get their faces melted off. Turned into a great night, with a bunch of different people laughing with us and making sure our drinks were nice and full!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I met with an academic adviser today and formally changed my major. After figuring out what most of my schedule will look like next semester, I'm so excited! It feels good to be excited about school again. :unsmith: