Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

You all are missing the BIGGEST point of the update. Namely, we are one to a few pages away from the first Bro pesterlog, and if Mom's was anything to go by, this pesterlog is going to be loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

FewtureMD posted:

You all are missing the BIGGEST point of the update. Namely, we are one to a few pages away from the first Bro pesterlog, and if Mom's was anything to go by, this pesterlog is going to be loving amazing.

I hate to burst you bubble, but we only get his auto-responder, remember?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

Okay, right off the bat, mysterious references to unspoken "purposes" always set off a lot of alarm bells. Even worse, though, we know what purposes universe A2 succeeded at. Way to be sinister, UU.

It doesn't seem that sinister to me...

A1 was the original Troll universe, which was scratched to make A2, which was the Troll universe we know and love. That universe made B1, which is the kids' universe, which was scratched to make B2, the new universe we're seeing now.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Yeah but A2 also succeeded in summoning Lord English.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

annatar posted:

I keep seeing this :U

Sburb works the same way.

UU's knowledge of timey affairs, and the way she keeps mentioning time ("don't want to waste your time" etc) makes me wonder if there's an Aradia or Handmaid connection.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Hello thread! I recently read through Homestuck and now I'm following along.
Anyway, in regards to the post-scratch kids 'paving the way for the gods' I think the implication is that the 'gods' are the surviving post-scratch trolls. Karcat repeatedly mentions that they are gods to the kids' universe by virtue of creating it, and it would make perfect sense as something the post-scratch kids could do.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Mince Pieface posted:

Hello thread! I recently read through Homestuck and now I'm following along.
Anyway, in regards to the post-scratch kids 'paving the way for the gods' I think the implication is that the 'gods' are the surviving post-scratch trolls. Karcat repeatedly mentions that they are gods to the kids' universe by virtue of creating it, and it would make perfect sense as something the post-scratch kids could do.

I thought it just meant the God tier kids but you got a point there. That'd be a pretty decent psyche-out assuming those survived the scratch. Might be that EVERYONE gets in but I think its a given that the kids are in.
Edit: mobile bullshit

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 21, 2011

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Thankfully this does settle for sure that we are looking at the post scratch kids universe and then Hussie didn't fake us out by doing a prequel to Act 1 instead of the post scratch universe.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.

"" posted:

UU: bangUp plan we hatched, dont yoU fancy? ^u^
UU: and now i think i shoUld bollocks off

hahah, she's trying to sound like a Brit so hard, it's embarrassing.
I hope it doesn't come to

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cracky posted:

Imagine reading "UU: Oi, Jakey boy, grab yer rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty!"

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
I just realized that UU isn't pestering or bothering. She's cheering. :3:

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Hello I am Andrew Hussie, here have this Red Herring!!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dark Grapefruit posted:

Yeah but A2 also succeeded in summoning Lord English.

Many sessions have succeeded in Lord English. That is not the only thing that A2 accomplished. It also accomplished the creation of the kids, and the unique set of circumstances that led to the kids creating the Green Sun but ALSO surviving that chain of events. This is important.

If UU is indeed not sinister, I'm guessing the purposes she refers to are those of Skaia itself.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Jake what are you wearing.

:gonk:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's um... that's a nice outfit you've got there Jake.

:stare:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I think we are officially out of "hint" territory here and it's pretty clear Hussie's loving with us.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Okay NOW I know he's just loving with us and this means absolutely nothing.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Captain Oblivious posted:

This. Remember that Hussie is always misleading us in some way or another.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Captain Oblivious posted:

But what if he knew you'd think he's loving with you and is loving with you by making this an actual hint?!

Ogianres
Oct 21, 2008

Walliard posted:

This. Remember that Hussie is always misleading us in some way or another.

Yeah he's loving with us by making it so that we think he's setting up a red herring but then plays it absolutely straight by having Jake be under the influence/control of English's interests but then fool us again by having him defect literally the page of or after such a revelation.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Comrade Question posted:

But what if he knew you'd think he's loving with you and is loving with you by making this an actual hint?!

I don't think he takes it that seriously. Kids and fun. And dicking around with the viewer.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I wonder if Jake is going to end up being the host for Lord English just like Doc Scratch was.

Nah, that's way too obvious.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Let's just have Lord English himself erupt into this session through Jake's chest by the end of the week so we can have a round of "Okay, no way this is meaningful, too obvious, gotta be a trick."

Then let's have it actually be a trick anyway because you never know with Hussie.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Cracky posted:

I thought she was amorphously adopting his typing mannerisms to make him more at home talking to her

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
These are way too many blatantly obvious coincidences to just be a result of Hussie "loving with us", and it would be bad storytelling if it was just a troll. It has to be a result of the effect of Lord English somehow, the question is to what extent.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
So, assuming Hussie isn't loving with us here

Jade's company made these things and Jade gave them to Jake. Was the post scratch universe's Jade controlled or influenced by Lord English in some way too? And Betty Crocker Corp crushed the company controlled by LE, does that mean the cruel Baroness knows about LE and is working against him?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Well Manicured Man posted:

I wonder if Jake is going to end up being the host for Lord English just like Doc Scratch was.

Just as the Professor foretold.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Spellman posted:

Jake, not Bro.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Well Manicured Man posted:

Well, implications right now are pointing to Jake raising himself. Jade was raised by the first guardian, and so Jake, being the equivalent of Jade, is also going to be raised by the first guardian. So Jake is the first guardian of earth, and because the session was scratched, obviously the equivalent of Doc Scratch with his intentions.

LOGIC!!!:science:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Spellman posted:

Suddenly it just got a whole lot more anime in here

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Spellman posted:

Too anime to live, too shonen to die.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

QueerPope posted:

Well, implications right now are pointing to Jake raising himself. Jade was raised by the first guardian, and so Jake, being the equivalent of Jade, is also going to be raised by the first guardian. So Jake is the first guardian of earth, and because the session was scratched, obviously the equivalent of Doc Scratch with his intentions.

LOGIC!!!:science:

To further this claim, I bring up the other kid who wasn't raised by his ectobiological parent, namely John. Poppop John is Dad's(Son's?) father in universe B2, so this claim of Jake being a First Guardian is perfectly true.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

While everyone focuses on the Lord English cosplay

Jake posted:

You have always hoped that when Jane takes over that foul conglomerate, she will right all of its unspeakable wrongs. You know she will! You believe in her, after all.

I'm too busy thinking about this. Then again I GUESS it makes sense if both of Jane and Jake were to respectively become Her Imperious Condescension and Lord English.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seoinin posted:

Too anime to live, too shonen to die.

drat, I might have to get a new avatar now...

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Spellman posted:

Why's Harry Potter dressed as Lord English?

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Jetsetlemming posted:

Why's Spike Siegel dressed as Lord English?

ftfy

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
The obvious Lord English gags are all well and good and ominous, but I'm more interested in UU's part in building the bunny.

I think she's outdoing Doc Scratch here. She just basically admitted to causing the need for the Scratch in the first place, by way of arming the bunny.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Oh GOD DAMNIT Hussie now you're just loving with us.

...He is loving with us right? :tinfoil:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

JT Jag posted:

These are way too many blatantly obvious coincidences to just be a result of Hussie "loving with us", and it would be bad storytelling if it was just a troll. It has to be a result of the effect of Lord English somehow, the question is to what extent.

The universe has been scratched, meaning all it's constituent parts have been melted down and resorted. In this universe Jake is the kid who likes spider girls and Jane is the owner of Feferi's tiara. I'm willing to bet this means Lord English's appearance as he is in A2 is dependant upon the session, and he himself can look like anything depending upon which session succeeds in creating him at that time.

Therefore the fact that Jake is wearing a Cairo overcoat, golden peg-leg-alike shoe and loves green skulls is just this session making use of this motif.

This is me thinking of it like a program rather than a universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Artifacts of Lord English's Defeat.
Check it.