Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

ts12 posted:

Here's a short story the guy posted too. spoiler: all women are whores and should die. after they give you 13 babies anyway

A story of domestic violence

Jesus that is loving disturbing. And unless I am mistaken, aren't there totally legal ways to deal with that situation? I don't think your business partner can legally run off with all your money and assets. Combined with the affair he could probably not only ruin her financially, but get primary custody of the kids.

Or he could beat the poo poo out of her like a real man :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

Sarion posted:

Jesus that is loving disturbing. And unless I am mistaken, aren't there totally legal ways to deal with that situation? I don't think your business partner can legally run off with all your money and assets. Combined with the affair he could probably not only ruin her financially, but get primary custody of the kids.

NO THE MISANDRIC GYNOCRACY PREVENTS IT

or something like that.

e: It's so weird to read that story and understand the psychotic main character (and The Big Man) are actually the heroes/protagonists, not the therapist who realizes that a dude who breaks his wife's loving nose needs help before he's given time with his kids

quote:

“I lost it,” he said, clinching his hand into a fist and beating it against his knee. “I punched her in the face and broke her nose. I just stood there afterward, looking at her on the ground with her face full of blood. It was like I was watching a movie with the sound off. Her mouth was moving and I knew she was crying and saying something, but I couldn’t hear any of it.”
A Good Man

ts12 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 21, 2011

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
To my mind it just appeals to that reptilian part of the brain that screams "yeah, beat the poo poo out of X for hurting you, gently caress THE CONSEQUENCES LET'S BURN THIS poo poo TO THE GROUND." You identify with the protagonist for a moment because it's an incredibly detailed and lovely situation, and then you realize that he needs to be a loving adult about it, and adults don't solve their problems by smashing them in the face.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Just to be clear the person saying the guy who beat his wife should be treated like any other wife beater in the court of law no matter what his excuse is is the bad one?

I always love those "No see in THIS case she deserves it!" Is it so hard to drill 'don't hit people' in their skull?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Sarion posted:

No, gently caress calling the police, that's for pussies, I want to punch her!

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

Glitterbomber posted:

Just to be clear the person saying the guy who beat his wife should be treated like any other wife beater in the court of law no matter what his excuse is is the bad one?

Yes, she is a misandrist WHORE with blonde hair and two kids with NO FATHER.

This is what MRAs actually believe

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
The best part of that story is that the father is a sympathetic character, and probably would have had most of the law on his side until he punches his wife in the loving face. No, scratch that, the real best part is that the person trying to help him not be a loving angry person who hits people is the bad guy.

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005
The person who wrote that is married. Oh my god. How do you not read that as the spouse and not just flee for your loving life?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

The person who wrote that is married. Oh my god. How do you not read that as the spouse and not just flee for your loving life?

You have a father that beat the poo poo out of you or your mother, and you grow up thinking that kind of behavior is acceptable or warranted in certain situations. You assume that if your husband hits you in the future it will have been "your fault" just as it was "her fault" in the story.

There's also just a lot of people that don't ever think too deeply about any of these situations or actually know anything about what domestic abuse is that have a kind of reptilian sense of, "well I guess she did do some awful poo poo to him..." when it comes to these kinds of hypotheticals. It's pretty easy to go through life that way if you've never known a victim of domestic abuse or never actually experienced physical violence first-hand. Movies and TV have done a good job of trivializing punching someone in the face.

So the one group that finds the behavior normative and the other group that overlooks the behavior completely combine into the current state of bullshit that is the national conversation about these topics.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 21, 2011

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

If you read that story with no sense of irony or sarcasm then every word in it is correct.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Emron posted:

If you read that story with no sense of irony or sarcasm then every word in it is correct.
B-b-but she's SINGLE! And a MOTHER! And, perhaps most grievous of all, a WOMAN!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MC Nietzche posted:

The best part of that story is that the father is a sympathetic character, and probably would have had most of the law on his side until he punches his wife in the loving face. No, scratch that, the real best part is that the person trying to help him not be a loving angry person who hits people is the bad guy.

Yea I'm no expert, and of course have been brainwashed by the gynocracy who's high heeled jackboot is on my proud male neck, but I'm fairly positive up until 'and then I punched her in the face' he had a super good legal case against her to get full custody and such.

So yea that is perfect MRA, he has a totally reasonable and legal and ethical option, but instead HAS TO SHOW THAT BITCH WHO'S BOSS and is a horrible monster.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Glitterbomber posted:

So yea that is perfect MRA, he has a totally reasonable and legal and ethical option, but instead HAS TO SHOW THAT BITCH WHO'S BOSS and is a horrible monster.

Exactly, in their incredibly patriarchal construct of "man" a man is someone who fucks poo poo up and ignores/circumvents consequences and is a an rear end in a top hat who is stuck in a permanent form of adolescence. Even if they're right and the court/legal system are biased against men in certain narrow instances, it doesn't help their argument that they come off as a bunch of he-man woman haters, and a constructive conversation about how patriarchy harms women and men is lost in their bullshit.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

LITTLE GIRL ON A PLANE

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to
her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a
conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just started to read her book replied to the total stranger,
"What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no
God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.

"OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you
a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass.
Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat
patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"

The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence,
thinks about the question and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss
the subject on why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life
after death, when in reality you don't know crap? "

And then she went back to reading her book.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
And then the whole plane stood up and applauded

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Before the Bear ate the plane.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

ascii genitals posted:

"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no
God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
It's funny that many people think this is really how all atheists act.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Thenipwax posted:

It's funny that many people think this is really how all atheists act.

All the ones on the Internet do.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

CellBlock posted:

No, just the retarded vocal minority, just like the retarded vocal religious minority that wrote that.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

CellBlock posted:

All the ones that just discovered their atheism, at least.

Well, them and the reddit atheists, who positively define :smug:

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

No, just the retarded vocal minority, just like the retarded vocal religious minority that wrote that.

Plus, internet forums aren't really the same thing as little girls on a plane.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Sarion posted:

Plus, internet forums aren't really the same thing as little girls on a plane.
And that little girl was Albert Einstein.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
So, I assume these "before the bear at him" and "and that _____ was Albert Einstein" are things from circulated emails I'm lucky enough not to get?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

bairfanx posted:

So, I assume these "before the bear at him" and "and that _____ was Albert Einstein" are things from circulated emails I'm lucky enough not to get?
How is there anyone in this thread who hasn't read the Bear and the Atheist thread yet?

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

bairfanx posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2870098&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Enjoy

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
You should definitely read the whole thread, it just gets better and better until anti-christ battle.

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

bairfanx posted:

You really should read that thread. But, essentially you are correct. They're references to common conservative email forwards, though sometimes the details change. Like I think I've seen the Atheist + Little girl before, but in a different setting than a plane. One of my favorites is considered to be a "Conservative Parable" over at Conservapedia:

Welfare posted:

So, I was talking to this little girl Catherine, the daughter of some friends, and she said she wanted to be President some day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there with us - and I asked Catherine - "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"

Catherine replied - "I would give houses to all the homeless people."

"Wow - what a worthy goal you have there, Catherine." I told her, "You don't have to wait until you're President to do that, you can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in my back yard and I will pay you $5. Then we can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5 to use for a new house."

Catherine thought that over for a second, while her mom looked at me seething, and Catherine replied, "why doesn't the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop and you can just pay him the $5?"

And I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

"Welcome to X" is another common one, along with Einstein and the bear.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Sarion posted:

You really should read that thread. But, essentially you are correct. They're references to common conservative email forwards, though sometimes the details change. Like I think I've seen the Atheist + Little girl before, but in a different setting than a plane. One of my favorites is considered to be a "Conservative Parable" over at Conservapedia:

"Welcome to X" is another common one, along with Einstein and the bear.

I lost it at the gif of the bear on the trampoline.

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

ascii genitals posted:

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss
the subject on why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life
after death, when in reality you don't know crap? "

"My God," said the Christian, "you're right! I guess until I know more about animal poops I had better keep my dumb opinions to myself."

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

quote:

Catherine thought that over for a second, while her mom looked at me seething, and Catherine replied, "That's a really good idea. He probably had a run of really bad luck and could use the 5 dollars to get back on his feet."

Catherine picked up the dog crap and took the $5 to the homeless man... who turned out to be a wizard in disguise! "Little girl, for your selfless act I will grant you one wish."

"I want to be president," she announced!

"And so it shall be!"

The magic was done and Catherine was made president. The country turned to poo poo because little kids shouldn't hold elected office. I was swiftly executed in one of Catherine's death panels.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Glitterbomber posted:

And then the whole plane stood up and applauded

"Deer eat leaves, dumb bitch."

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Horse poop is different from cow poop because cows are ruminants, and can process the grass more thoroughly! Thats why you get pats instead of the more fibrous horse clumps, because horses break down less of the roughage. :eng101:

Also I learned this from Terry Pratchett.

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

Ashcans posted:

Horse poop is different from cow poop because cows are ruminants, and can process the grass more thoroughly! Thats why you get pats instead of the more fibrous horse clumps, because horses break down less of the roughage. :eng101:

Also I learned this from Terry Pratchett.

If you know that its because the three have different digestive systems then there must be no God!

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.
I'm not sure I actually want to know the answer, but what the gently caress is PUA /MRA?

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

chesh posted:

I'm not sure I actually want to know the answer, but what the gently caress is PUA /MRA?

Pick Up Artist
Men's Rights Activist

They are terrible people

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pick up artist. Didnt know what it meant. "Pickup artist describes a man who considers himself to be skilled, or who tries to be skilled at meeting, attracting, and seducing women" Thanks wikipedia. So there is a technical term for douchebag apparently.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Bombadilillo posted:

Pick up artist. Didnt know what it meant. "Pickup artist describes a man who considers himself to be skilled, or who tries to be skilled at meeting, attracting, and seducing women" Thanks wikipedia. So there is a technical term for douchebag apparently.

It's worse than you think. It's an entire community of guys who follow published guides and tactics designed to "exploit loopholes in female psychology" and basically use the secret Konami code to try to trick women into sleeping with them.

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

Dominion posted:

It's worse than you think. It's an entire community of guys who follow published guides and tactics designed to "exploit loopholes in female psychology" and basically use the secret Konami code to try to trick women into sleeping with them.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
If you actually met one you would throw up in your mouth a lot. They are basically goons without the social skills and misogynistic douchebaggery. :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Slaan posted:

If you actually met one you would throw up in your mouth a lot. They are basically goons without the social skills and misogynistic douchebaggery. :goonsay:

Don't forget the peacocking, they have to dress like douchebags too, or the "skills" don't work.