Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaos Theory
Jan 18, 2010
Johnathan said on facebook that the site crashed because of bandwidth problems; they probably had to upgrade hosting because the show's becoming more popular.

Sucks that it was gone, but it's good to see them gathering more followers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Uhh Yeah Dude, you done got back on.

Edgar Quintero
Oct 5, 2004

POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS
DO NOT GIVE HEROIN
Seriously though, there so many good podcasts coming out of LA. Comedy Bang Bang, WTF with Marc Maron, Doug Loves Movies. Why the hell do none of them acknowledge the dudes?

More importantly though, we need to somehwo get Seth on Doug Loves Movies. Anybody with me?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

It's probably because Jonathan and Seth aren't comedians or popular actors. All those podcasts intermingle because those people are all connected outside of the podcast world. Or because they all know John Hodgman apparently.

Though if anyone should be on DLM it's Jah. Doug wouldn't be able to resist putting "John Larroquette movies" up as a category.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Seth would be better suited for Never Not Funny imho. He and Pardo have very similar sensibilities which means they'd either get along famously or immediately hate each other :allears:

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Maduo posted:

It's probably because Jonathan and Seth aren't comedians or popular actors. All those podcasts intermingle because those people are all connected outside of the podcast world. Or because they all know John Hodgman apparently.

Jonathan and Seth aren't comedians and dont seem too connected to that world. Also, as much as I love the guys, they are a bit hipper-than-thou when it comes to that stuff or that circle.
I remember a year ago when Aziz Ansari was hosting the MTV movie awards and they were mentionning it all "thats it, Aziz aint fresh anymore!"

Edgar Quintero
Oct 5, 2004

POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS
DO NOT GIVE HEROIN
I just want to see Seth play the Leonard Maltin game or both of them get interviewed by Marc Maron.(although he'd have no real reason to since as has been previously stated, they're not comedians)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Whats up with the front page looking like complete poo poo in google chrome?

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Episodes are still down too I think. Can't download the one I'm on next (176)

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

big business sloth posted:

Episodes are still down too I think. Can't download the one I'm on next (176)

I was able to download 77-79 earlier today. :confused:

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

mcvey posted:

Odd, I can buffer and play these episodes but Banshee won't download them so I can take em on my mp3 player.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Robolizard! posted:

Whats up with the front page looking like complete poo poo in google chrome?

It doesn't look like that on mine.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

mcvey posted:

They had been going up and down intermittently before. Took the opportunity to download a whole lot of episodes at once.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Holy poo poo I knew the sundance was a clunker but I had no idea it was that bad. We should start a fundraiser to get him a new (used!) car.
Let's get him his old truck back, with a lockable bonnet so the battery doesn't get nicked.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I just laughed out loud when I realized that the main reason Seth doesn't eat meat is probably because he's terrified of germs and not for any political reasons.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Hey Florida..

Oh man, at the end of ep 14. Jah and Seth sing the Mario theme in unison. Totally forgot.

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 22, 2011

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Hahaha, I forgot all about the part in the ninety to ninety-five episode range where Seth comes to the reasoning that teachers didn't use to blow kids all the time like they do nowadays because he would have gotten blown.

"I'm blowable, yo!"

That and the teacher who used to compliment him all the time and Jah thinking that she dug him crack me up.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

inferis posted:

I just laughed out loud when I realized that the main reason Seth doesn't eat meat is probably because he's terrified of germs and not for any political reasons.

Is Seth vegetarian too? I thought it was just Jonathan.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

As far as I can remember, Seth's been an unwavering vegetarian for years, but Jonathan's vacillated between vegan (I think?)/vegetarian/spicy chicken sandwich aficionado.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Best Seth food story was when he told us that he never speaks when he goes out to eat at his usual place. He just gestures except for the one time there was a new girl and he got pissed because he had to say something.

Or the story about how he met the girl of his dreams but she was insane and tried to stab him.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Binowru posted:

Is Seth vegetarian too? I thought it was just Jonathan.

He's Vegetarian, it's brought up that time they have that disgusting as gently caress wierd-rear end energy drink (I forget the particulars but one of the ingredients is some kind of meat broth as I recall?) and Seth puts it in his mouth to taste it but won't swallow it because he's a vegetarian.

Ellaybee posted:

As far as I can remember, Seth's been an unwavering vegetarian for years, but Jonathan's vacillated between vegan (I think?)/vegetarian/spicy chicken sandwich aficionado.

"I've eaten with this rear end in a top hat four times in the last month; he had cheese at every loving meal!"

Biodome posted:

Best Seth food story was when he told us that he never speaks when he goes out to eat at his usual place. He just gestures except for the one time there was a new girl and he got pissed because he had to say something.

Or the story about how he met the girl of his dreams but she was insane and tried to stab him.

"Which one am I here for!?"

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.

Biodome posted:

I like the one where he got kicked out of his local Starbucks because some guy in line was standing too far out from the line and Seth said, "Dude, do you want me to punch you right in your god drat face?"

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Dan Didio posted:

"I've eaten with this rear end in a top hat four times in the last month; he had cheese at every loving meal!"

"Oh yeah Seth I forgot to mention I've been eating fish lately..."

".......WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU SAYING?"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Biodome posted:

"Oh yeah Seth I forgot to mention I've been eating fish lately..."

".......WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU SAYING?"

"An exception!? What because it's Thursday!?"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dan Didio posted:

"'I'm Vegan.' What's that cheeseball in your mouth? That's like, way wicked more than just cheese, those are, like, triple cheese! 'I'm Vegan. gently caress Doritos, I'd never eat a Dorito.' I've seen you eat Doritos! 'It's an exception, I always give myself an exception. One...or two.'"

Episode 127, one of the best in my book. You go straight from that to their hilarious bit about the last issue of Playgirl.

"I'm gonna get a Snickers Charged, with the Taurine, some Newports, aaaaaaaannnnnd a Playgirl. Hey, do you have matches? Because then I'm gonna light it all on fire."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

"'I'm Vegan.' What's that cheeseball in your mouth? That's like, way wicked more than just cheese, those are, like, triple cheese! 'I'm Vegan. gently caress Doritos, I'd never eat a Dorito.' I've seen you eat Doritos! 'It's an exception, I always give myself an exception. One...or two.'"

Episode 127, one of the best in my book. You go straight from that to their hilarious bit about the last issue of Playgirl.

"I'm gonna get a Snickers Charged, with the Taurine, some Newports, aaaaaaaannnnnd a Playgirl. Hey, do you have matches? Because then I'm gonna light it all on fire."

Which I believe then launches straight into the crazy story about the nuts woman murdering a guy who claimed to be god and then telling everyone to 'deal with it' and heading to McDonalds for some Nuggets.

I'm pretty sure it's a video clip on the 'tube too.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

My favourite video clip is the one with Jonathan talking about cross nursing, and him getting up to hide behind his chair when Seth calls him out about telling the story at a strip club and goes off it about buffalo wings.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
What's the episode where Jonathan realizes that at the start of the podcast he was sober, married, vegan, and had his poo poo together and Seth was a neurotic wreck and they have been slowly trading places ever since?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

jackhunter64 posted:

My favourite video clip is the one with Jonathan talking about cross nursing, and him getting up to hide behind his chair when Seth calls him out about telling the story at a strip club and goes off it about buffalo wings.

Epi 126, bowsch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFtkN2BOQbs

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
More than anything, I just can't believe that there's a strip club called Plan B.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Biodome posted:

I'm definitely going to need an episode number for this

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
^15

It's probably Seth's best story.

I think that was the episode where I finally decided I was officially all in with this show.

I can't emphasize enough how much people who haven't listened to the old stuff are missing out.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

No joke, the early stuff is really good. Seth was way more on point back then. He's still one of the funniest dudes alive, but he used to get a lot more incensed about a lot more things and just went off. And that's where Seth really shines.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Just passed the episode 100 mark for the second time. Hahahaha, Seth dedicated 'Simply the Best' by Tina Turner to himself in his high school yearbook.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Got two tickets to Tina Turner give me a call, wife's gone for the weekend

straight bros only. maybe get some pizza watch the game and JO

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011
"The idea is simple: Two real dudes sit naked on a bed and face each other, then scoot in sitting butt-to-butt. Ballsacks dangling on each other.

Then we trade off lubing and stroking. Two hard upright cocks creating one humongous dick. Believe me, it’s awesome. With some luck, practice and timing, we can pace ourselves to shoot giant loads at the same time.

I call it 'twin jets'."

Sums up the UYD formula pretty well actually.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mickey Rooney has massive balls.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Dan Didio posted:

Mickey Rooney has massive balls.

Oh god I listened to that one on the train the other day and I was laughing so hard, good way to make sure no one sits next to you.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Oh god I listened to that one on the train the other day and I was laughing so hard, good way to make sure no one sits next to you.

The mental image one part of it conjured of Seth sitting amongst a group of aspiring actors, who are hanging onto Rooney's every word, as Seth glances around; only interested in seeing if anyone else has noticed the size of Rooney's balls is absolutely, utterly hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
"If you're not Ryan Gosling you suck!"