Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawk989s
Feb 13, 2003

• 244 Points
  • 226 Minutes
  • 6 Overtimes
  • 2 Days
  • One for the ages

Pooperscooper posted:

After 7 Christmas Holiday's working at the same retail place, this one will be my first not working at retail and I kind of miss it. The chaos was kind of fun when you have good co workers on your side.

I know this is against the grain of the thread, but I totally understand. This is my 3rd holiday season working for a music retailer (2nd as a store manager), and honestly, this time of year for us, the awesome customers outweigh the terrible ones. It's an awesome feeling for all of us when we get a parent the exact guitar (or drums, or trumpet, or whatever) that they know their kid is going to love under the tree that year. Even better is when it's something we don't have in stock, but through some miracle, it arrives Christmas Eve and we can get it to them in the nick of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Yeah. I think I can stand Christmas more than just about any other time of year. There's no 5 hour 10 transactions shifts. I'm always doing something.

Luquos
Aug 9, 2009

how about we go back to my place and i conquer your world, if you know what i mean

Neito posted:

Yeah. I think I can stand Christmas more than just about any other time of year. There's no 5 hour 10 transactions shifts. I'm always doing something.

Oh, I concur. My store has some stuff we have to learn about the products I'm upselling, but I learned it all in a week. Plus, more sales = more commission. And reasonable customers vastly outnumber the assholes, who generally just brush me off anyway.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Basically. Plus, we're getting a ton of new poo poo for Christmas that I want. Such as sweatshirts with TV remotes built in.

Lolitas Alright!
Sep 15, 2007

This is your friend.
She fights for your freedom.
Right about now, I'm wondering how easy it would be to contact OSHA about my job. I was just refused a call-out, despite me vomiting and not being able to keep food down, because I called out sick twice a month ago, both involving a doctor's medical recommendation that I stay home due to the illnesses I was being seen for.

I work in food service, which is why this is such a big deal. My lead flat-out told me when I called 15 minutes ago that if I threw up at work, she'd have no problem sending me home. I should have just showed up and started puking everywhere.

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot

Lolitas Alright! posted:

Right about now, I'm wondering how easy it would be to contact OSHA about my job. I was just refused a call-out, despite me vomiting and not being able to keep food down, because I called out sick twice a month ago, both involving a doctor's medical recommendation that I stay home due to the illnesses I was being seen for.

I work in food service, which is why this is such a big deal. My lead flat-out told me when I called 15 minutes ago that if I threw up at work, she'd have no problem sending me home. I should have just showed up and started puking everywhere.

Heh, good luck. My last job I worked at (granted it wasn't food service, but still) there was a girl throwing up into the trashcan behind her register at least 3 times an hour for her entire 12 hour shift, and they refused to send her home. She was recovering from a hangover, but throwing up is throwing up, and they should have sent her home regardless.
There's a posted in the breakroom at my current place of employment that states all the reasons employees should not come in or be sent home. Vomiting is at the top of the list of reasons why you shouldn't even come to work. Just don't go in.

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011

Neito posted:

Eh. I would say most of each story is true, but that there's a definite amount of spirit d'esclair with the endings.

Erm, do you mean l'esprit de l'escalier? "Not being able to think of a good comeback until after the event"? Can't say I really agree, more like most of each story is true but they've blatantly made up the endings to make them funny.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
No, I'm pretty sure he actually meant "pastry spirit."

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Telegnostic posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - nothing is worse than haunted food.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Lolitas Alright! posted:

I contacted the health department about my food service job not having hot water, among other serious health code violations. No one cares unless someone dies.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Telegnostic posted:

Robzor McFabulous posted:

Erm, do you mean l'esprit de l'escalier? "Not being able to think of a good comeback until after the event"? Can't say I really agree, more like most of each story is true but they've blatantly made up the endings to make them funny.

And this is why I need to avoid using ten dollar words when I'm on my phone. At least if they're in another language. :v:

Anyway, all I meant was that the stories are probably real, but the endings are most likely fake.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

silversiren posted:

Heh, good luck. My last job I worked at (granted it wasn't food service, but still) there was a girl throwing up into the trashcan behind her register at least 3 times an hour for her entire 12 hour shift, and they refused to send her home. She was recovering from a hangover, but throwing up is throwing up, and they should have sent her home regardless.
There's a posted in the breakroom at my current place of employment that states all the reasons employees should not come in or be sent home. Vomiting is at the top of the list of reasons why you shouldn't even come to work. Just don't go in.

I don't know to much on this one. We had a couple people show up to work hungover and managements view on it basically came down to "Its your own fault man up and deal with it like every one else" Great way to have to learn a lesson. Edit. I work/worked with a lot of alcoholics. Theres been days my department manager was so drunk he "worked" in the trailer while I had to cover his rear end out on the floor.

Darth Freddy fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 21, 2011

Lolitas Alright!
Sep 15, 2007

This is your friend.
She fights for your freedom.

silversiren posted:

Haha, gently caress no, getting a no-call/no-show would get me fired. You see, I was late once when our piece of poo poo car broke down. I was, at most, 5 minutes late and called the store immediately to let them know I would be a few minutes late because our car stalled on the freeway and a lovely gentleman was giving us a jump. Shift lead? Fine with it. The ASM who was also there? Fine with it, and actually thanked me for calling because my coworkers never do.

Manager? Wrote me up the moment she heard about it and had a nice, long talk sat there for a half-hour after I clocked in bitching at me for being late.

Sadly, it's not the only time she's done this. If it's one of her favorites? It's all full of mommy-ness and "oh your poor baby" bullshit, which ends with her favorites being hated because they're always the dicks who leave us short-handed. poo poo, even if it IS one of her favorites, but them calling out would immediately inconvenience HER (such as a shift lead attempting to call out sick with a week-long bout of stomach flu, which ended with her getting one day off, and having to work literally every single other day while curled up in the back, covered in coats, shivering, and vomiting into a trash can), then it's a big motherfucking deal.

Once I'm settled and official and stable at my new store, I'm halfway tempted to call up the DM, RM, and HR Manager, and just letting them know all of the bullshit that has gone on, from the violation of myriad health codes, to the fact that our manager is quite often not doing her job.

EDIT: Well, here's a good story about a poo poo manager who got his comeuppance, thanks to me.

My really good friend was working in the bakery of my local Kroger as a cake decorator while the usual decorators were out on leave: one had breast cancer, one had just lost her mom. They were hiring, she introduces me to the bakery manager, Amanda, and our store manager. They're both impressed with my resume, got a glowing review from KK, my boss at the wig studio I worked at, and so they hired me on.

I enjoyed the work immensely, and for a month and a half, it was great. Amanda ended up leaving for another store at that point, and we got Gary.

Gary was this weedy looking motherfucker with one of those wispy mustaches, and he hated pretty much everyone Amanda had hired. No matter what we had been hired to do (early morning bakers, packers, people who ran the slicers, and me, the decorator), we were immediately relegated to bitch duties. If it was in the bakery or on the bakery sales floor, we had to do it, even though we specifically had a janitorial staff to do stuff. All we ever got to do while Gary was on shift was bake cookies, pack them, label them, and put them on the floor. Nothing else. Sometimes we were given the IMMENSE honor of setting up the bread dough on baking sheets for the bakers the next morning. When he wasn't there, everything went back to normal. I handled taking cake orders, decorating them, and packing them, as well as "making" pastries for the gourmet case (i.e. open a box of frozen eclairs, let them defrost a bit, drizzle them with white chocolate drizzle, pipe on some whipped cream, add nuts and a cherry, then plate it fancily and put it in the case).

I'm only a couple weeks away from the end of my 3-month probationary period (:toot: right-to-work states), as are most of the other people who were hired at the same time, when I get a call from my then-husband. His crazy rear end mom, a nurse at a hospital, was in the nut ward! Why? Oh, nothing, she was just strung out on a cocktail of stolen Oxycontin and stolen Adderall, supposedly had a gun in her purse, and was threatening suicide! Y'know, and had the SWAT team out there with snipers trained on her in case she decided to pull the gun on a patient. Lovely. He was coming to get me so we could go be with his family, fair enough.

I try to find Gary. He hosed off. I call the store he's at, and despite me telling him it's a family emergency and my mother-in-law is being held in the mental ward under 72-hour observation, he yells at me that he'll be back soon, and we'll talk then, then hangs up. So I say gently caress it, and page the ASM of the store to the bakery. I tell him what's going on, he freaks out, tells me it's totally fine and that he'll call someone to cover the rest of my shift, and asks if I can wait until she gets there. It's fine, she gets there, the manager wishes me luck and tells me he hopes everything will be okay, and I trot off.

The next week, I come in to check the schedule... and I'm not on it. Neither are any of the other people whom Amanda hired, including the girl who came to cover my shift. Everyone is busting rear end and glaring at Gary, since they're now understaffed. I ask Gary why I, nor any of the other new hires were on the schedule, and he just tells me "go talk to the manager". So I do.

I walked in, he greeted me, and I immediately asked "Am I being fired?" He looks surprised and says "Uh... no, not that I know of?" I tell him that Gary had wiped me and the other people off the schedule, did not inform us, and told me to come talk to him. He looks like a deer in the headlights now, and says "I was on vacation in Hawaii for a week and a half with my family. He didn't tell me anything... he can't do that. He sets schedules, but he can't make the decision to just wipe you off it without my authorization. I don't have any papers here even asking about it. Hold on."

He called pretty much everyone: the two ASMs of the store, the night manager, and all the other people on the schedule. None of them had heard a drat thing about it, and the other new hires were busy freaking out about losing their jobs. The manager hangs up, looks at me and tells me that I will be hearing from himself and a few other people, and to take the week off with pay. I wasn't even done with my probationary period, and he gave me a week's paid vacation, pretty much.

Sadly for us, we were unionized, so Gary kept his job. Sadly for Gary, we were loving unionized, and so we all got to keep our jobs. I and another girl opted out of staying, which meant we got a rather decent settlement out of the situation.

And sadly again for Gary, my friend showed up at my house to take me to dinner at our favorite Chinese buffet, with a grin on her face. Turns out that loving with our store manager, ASMs, and the union regarding the rules he had to follow, he had a hefty black mark on his record, essentially. My friend got the idea to tell the girls there that his blatant but mild sexual harassment (telling girls how fine they looked that morning, giving us all stupid and sometimes vaguely sexual nicknames, etc.) was mild, but still incredibly illegal. The 20 or so completely legitimate accusations of sexual harassment was too much on-top of everything else, and Gary was fired, and no longer permitted to work for the company.

He ended up getting a job at the local KFC, and then was fired soon after, in favor of a very sweet Middle Eastern woman whom I helped quite a bit with my volunteer work. She and her husband were new to the country, so I taught them where to go shopping for food, how to budget their money, how to fill out job applications, and how to make a resume.

Every time I went into that KFC during my dinner break at a different store, she'd always give me the biggest size of potato wedges, and an extra lemon parfait, specifically because I had mentioned my husband liked them. :3:

Lolitas Alright! fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 22, 2011

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Lolitas Alright! posted:

EDIT: Well, here's a good story about a poo poo manager who got his comeuppance, thanks to me.

I love hearing stories like this, it makes the world seem right again :D

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

bee posted:

I love hearing stories like this, it makes the world seem right again :D

gently caress yeah :hfive: We need a "Tales of getting revenge against Retail/Corporate Assholes" thread for cathartic stuff like that. Nothing but that, just to lift people's spirits when they check SA at the end of the day.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

miscellaneous14 posted:

I had a guy continually tell me that I wasn't making his mocha latte correctly because it "wasn't sweet". I specifically told him that can't add sugar to it, and I saw him walk away with it without bothering to add any sugar at the condiment station. There's just no helping some people.

Meanwhile, I just walk into a Starbucks and say "surprise me." It usually brightens the barista's day and I get something new each time.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Ah. Nothing like watching the high school kids try to weasel out of black Friday at the last minute. We had one try to say he just wasn't going to show up and another try to get the shift covered. On a day where everyone is working, regardless.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I keep hearing a radio ad about Old Navy being open on Thanksgiving, and them playing it up like a badge of honor or some poo poo with sales and whatnot. I could only imagine the worst people running that company. :smith:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

miscellaneous14 posted:

I keep hearing a radio ad about Old Navy being open on Thanksgiving, and them playing it up like a badge of honor or some poo poo with sales and whatnot. I could only imagine the worst people running that company. :smith:

Ah, working in massachusetts. Thanksgiving and Christmas off by law. I work at an old navy and they actually gave us some tags to stuff in the bags that basically say "can't be open Thanksgiving. "

Walmart tried to pull a "we're Walmart we can ignore the law" a few years ago until it was pointed out that a) nobody would shop on Thanksgiving in the home of Thanksgiving and b) that the fines were progressive based on the number of sales and the amount of money you earned that day. UT would have been mathematicly impossible for them to break even, let alone make a profit.

Apparently it's a big shopping day elsewhere though.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

Neito posted:

Ah, working in massachusetts. Thanksgiving and Christmas off by law. I work at an old navy and they actually gave us some tags to stuff in the bags that basically say "can't be open Thanksgiving. "

Walmart tried to pull a "we're Walmart we can ignore the law" a few years ago until it was pointed out that a) nobody would shop on Thanksgiving in the home of Thanksgiving and b) that the fines were progressive based on the number of sales and the amount of money you earned that day. UT would have been mathematicly impossible for them to break even, let alone make a profit.

I've never been, but for someone whose grown up in Texas, Massachusetts sounds like a fairy tale in every possible way. Just wish it were located in a warmer part of the country. :/

Slightly related, I wish BF counted as a holiday to net you the holiday pay. I'd trade that for the ever-ironic Labor Day.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

It is a fairy tail in a way. Mostly affordable state health care for the poorish, minimum shift lengths, and an 8 or 9 dollar an hour minimum wage.

And re: the cold. Nothing like a 50 degree day with a hot coffee in one hand and two jelly dunkin donuts in the other.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Neito posted:

It is a fairy tail in a way. Mostly affordable state health care for the poorish, minimum shift lengths, and an 8 or 9 dollar an hour minimum wage.

And re: the cold. Nothing like a 50 degree day with a hot coffee in one hand and two jelly dunkin donuts in the other.

I don't even work retail anymore (sweet office job as a quasi research librarian ) and you're making me miss Mass/RI so hard right now.

I worked in a Gamestop and Stop and Shop for years and the best thing about working in those states was a lot of the bullshit I dealt with was mainly from customers and rarely management due to some pretty sweet labor laws. It was nice.

When I moved to DC and had to take a retail job for about a month till I got this one, ugh it was awful.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Neito posted:

I work in an arts and crafts store. My company knows there's no way in hell people are going to come in on Black Friday when they could go elsewhere to get electronics on huge sales they would never otherwise be on. Thanksgiving is our biggest sale date because we can have BF-esque prices and more people will come since we're opening at 4 in the afternoon.

My schedule is 3:30 to 11, just in case I wanted to spend an evening enjoying the holiday.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Dodgeball posted:

Meanwhile, I just walk into a Starbucks and say "surprise me." It usually brightens the barista's day and I get something new each time.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this would make me twitch or make me grin. You'd be getting a venti vanilla bean frappucino with extra caramel, though. Best mistake I ever made. Seriously, if any of you want to try something new, go in and try that. It is awesome, and I don't normally like sweet stuff much.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Dodgeball posted:

You're probably not an rear end in a top hat, but if an rear end in a top hat walked up and said that during a rush, no matter what, he's getting decaf.

Luquos
Aug 9, 2009

how about we go back to my place and i conquer your world, if you know what i mean

Rick_Hunter posted:

You're probably not an rear end in a top hat, but if an rear end in a top hat walked up and said that during a rush, no matter what, he's getting decaf.

See, I'd assume you do this with reasonable measure, so you don't do it if it's rushing.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

cobalt impurity posted:

I work in an arts and crafts store. My company knows there's no way in hell people are going to come in on Black Friday when they could go elsewhere to get electronics on huge sales they would never otherwise be on. Thanksgiving is our biggest sale date because we can have BF-esque prices and more people will come since we're opening at 4 in the afternoon.

My schedule is 3:30 to 11, just in case I wanted to spend an evening enjoying the holiday.

Does it start with M and end with eals?

The Dollar Tree near my house is open 8am to 4pm Thanksgiving Day. Michaels is open too. I have an urge to go to each and take them a pumpkin pie.

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I got let off work an hour early today because I was feeling so lovely. The assistant customer service manager just came over and said, "Hey, you said you weren't feeling good, we aren't as busy as we were earlier, and all of the other registers are open. How about you just go home?" And the first thing that came out of my mouth was, "Are you trying to get me in trouble?" While the first thing that popped into my head wasn't, hooray I get to go drink something nice and hot to soothe my throat and then sit down because I can't feel my loving feet, it was, 'Well that's an extra $7.25 that I won't have in my gas tank...'

e: also call me genderist or whatever the term would be, but I really hate it when people, especially big redneck men, expect me and other small girls to pick up their gigantic 30lb turkeys and put them in their cart. I could probably compete in some sort of Olympic contest now, I must've bagged and tossed at least 50 of the drat things tomorrow. Come thanksgiving, I don't even WANT turkey.

copy of a fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 23, 2011

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Luquos posted:

See, I'd assume you do this with reasonable measure, so you don't do it if it's rushing.

Most assuredly, I just don't give decaf to people to which I don't want. It's reserved for that jerk off that shows up with the free drink coupon that wants every single modifier on the register for his drink. And I give him every single modifier because I want to see how far he's willing to go with the drink.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Cowslips Warren posted:

The Dollar Tree near my house is open 8am to 4pm Thanksgiving Day. Michaels is open too. I have an urge to go to each and take them a pumpkin pie.

drat, you don't live in Louisiana, do you?

It just occurred to me; since I'm scheduled for 7.5 hours, I have to take a 30 minute lunch. I'll get to sit down and relax for at least a little while during the screaming torrent of customers buying cheap, lovely art kits and people complaining that we never got Cricut™ cartridges that we are supposed to give away free. :unsmith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, but nope! I think a storebought and wrapped pie would be safer than a homemade one, if only because they'd know hopefully I didn't gently caress with it.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

silversiren posted:

e: also call me genderist or whatever the term would be, but I really hate it when people, especially big redneck men, expect me and other small girls to pick up their gigantic 30lb turkeys and put them in their cart. I could probably compete in some sort of Olympic contest now, I must've bagged and tossed at least 50 of the drat things tomorrow. Come thanksgiving, I don't even WANT turkey.

I don't hate this, I loving love it. I HATE when people ask for help getting something into their car, or need help loading top soil or whatever, then freak out and start doing it themselves as quickly as they can when I come up to do it. 5'2 and I look about twelve so I guess it just hurts guys deep, deep in their masculinity when I toss a few hundred pounds of dirt into their truck bed :allears:

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away
This job is literally starting to make me suicidal. I'm not fast enough to keep up like I should, I gently caress up too much, and I'm constantly silently wishing for death as I work. Time to bitch out, start putting in applications, and write up my two weeks'. I am a gigantic wuss.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Angry Guacamole posted:

This job is literally starting to make me suicidal. I'm not fast enough to keep up like I should, I gently caress up too much, and I'm constantly silently wishing for death as I work. Time to bitch out, start putting in applications, and write up my two weeks'. I am a gigantic wuss.

While I can be an optimist and say you'll eventually get the hang of it, this is what happened to me when I started 4 years ago. I now have a lasting hatred for working bar, so whenever my shift asks me if I would like to work there, I flat out answer, "No." All those eyes staring at you saying, "Where's my drink? Are you gonna finish my drink? I hope this guy doesn't gently caress my drink, AGAIN." just ruined it for me.

Just remember the order: 1) Steam milk, 2) Get syrups, 3) pull shots. And never forget to ask your coworkers or shift. They are there to help. gently caress them if they want to be a douche about it.

If you still don't like it, work register like I did, and enjoy talking to the customers. You can start learning proclivities and drink orders so that when it comes time, you can make someone's drink from memory.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Bring them turkey. They've got time to do at least frozen pie, but with that schedule you can't properly do turkey unless you've got someone with the day off doing it for you.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...html?tid=pm_pop

Guy at Target starts a petition to tell Target/others to cut the "be at work for 11 Thursday night" poo poo out, we'd like to enjoy our holiday too, thanks.

Good for that guy, although he is probably out of a job when the season ends.

Also, the comments are why I'm so glad I'm out of retail. gently caress people.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Boondock Saint posted:

Guy at Target starts a petition to tell Target/others to cut the "be at work for 11 Thursday night" poo poo out, we'd like to enjoy our holiday too, thanks.

All the photos for the article are holiday gift ideas, too. "It's a shame that people are having their holiday ruined, but maybe you'd like to buy some poo poo?"

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

silversiren posted:

This is a definite sticky situation, and I don't think the guy was being lazy, but trying to be respectful.

I work with a particular 50 year old lady who is at max 5ft tall, and 100 lbs. I've seen her get a little frustrated when another coworker said to go stock this "other stuff" pointing at lighter product. She seemed prideful in the fact that she won't let her size get in the way of getting things taken care of.

On the subject of turkeys... Today is going to suck because it is the last day before Thanksgiving and our company is going to run out of turkeys. Every year on the last day people whine about not being able to get a turkey when they shop at the last minute. Our ad says, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Same thing goes with our competitors.

Thankfully now everybody can maneuver in our backroom with ease without climbing over pallets.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Boondock Saint posted:

Never read online newspaper comments. You think that people have to try to be trolls, but there are a lot of people who are trolls in real life and just don't understand poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Rick_Hunter posted:

Never read online newspaper comments. You think that people have to try to be trolls, but there are a lot of people who are trolls in real life and just don't understand poo poo.

Oh I know, my girlfriend constantly yells at me for it...but for some reason, I always play the game of, let's see how long it takes some rear end in a top hat to rationalize horrible poo poo out of thin air. It never takes that long.