Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Question, can people still do Wesker's Pistol shot teleport X-Factor lvl 3 spam like an rear end in a top hat?

I don't think so.. I seem to remember hearing they specifically removed or weakened it's effectiveness or am I wrong guys?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I think I have to drop Nemesis from any teams. Seriously every time you run into an Ammy, Rocket, Arthur or V.Joe it's like you have one character that can't even deal damage.

Try using rocket racoon. It's like you have on character that can't even deal damage.

On the plus it's a shorter sentence to type compared to if I was using Nemmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Man, I can't believe I didn't think of this before with the Nova/Frank combo I was talking about previously: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUvxJo7CYUY&feature=player_embedded

In other Nova news, here's a funny XF3 loop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzOvs3tEP20&feature=player_embedded

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

duffath posted:

Try using rocket racoon. It's like you have on character that can't even deal damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqPtQWoD_g8

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

I'm a scrub! I KNOW! OKAY?

I was only sort of joking :smith:

duffath fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 22, 2011

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Is Vergil's stinger f+H?

I was playing some lovely Vergil whose entire game was to spam stinger over and over so after he tried to do it too close to me I went for a throw and he teched it repeatedly, then followed up with stinger when I stopped trying to throw him.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Stinger is like minus nine billion frames on block if you don't cancel it into something so you should have just hit him with a light or whatever and combo'd him also yes it's f.h

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I picked up Captain America yesterday, am I supposed to do anything besides harass with shield slashes and cross up with cartwheel + assist? Because that served me pretty well so far.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Get in, beat dude up, OTG with shield and Hyper him. Other then that, sounds like Cap. :v:

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Metrohunter posted:

I picked up Captain America yesterday, am I supposed to do anything besides harass with shield slashes and cross up with cartwheel + assist? Because that served me pretty well so far.

I love jumping in on somebody then double jumping at the last second when they anti air, then hitting them with the anti-ground kick.

You should be able to combo off the shield slash if they get hit at the correct distance as well.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Yeah, Cap is pretty straightforward and quite damaging despite that :shobon:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Yeah, comboing off shield slashes is super easy and leads to about 700k if I want to spend the meter.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day
I tried out Vergil's Rapid Slash xx Devil Trigger mixup last night and it's embarrassingly good and easy to do. Holy poo poo. Thanks Yipes!

Yeah Vergil is staying on my team for a while. I'm glad I didn't give up on him too soon.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Did Capcom get a lot of complaints that mission mode in vanilla didn't have stupid enough combos in it? Jeepers.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
So I have been fiddling with runnign Wright/???/Strange, but I keep waffling about and can't decide on the third guy. I was excited for Phoenix Wright to be in this game, but beat up people with papers and sneezes is more entertaing than I thought it would be.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mr. Fun posted:

Did Capcom get a lot of complaints that mission mode in vanilla didn't have stupid enough combos in it? Jeepers.

Which one brought this on? Because there are a lot of stupid combos in Ult's mission mode.

Whoever decided to have Zero's D Loop for his mission 10 use Sentsuizan M instead of H, I want to find him and break him. Why would you even want to do that ever.

Edit: vvv Strider's missions are just insane. I had a passing interest in him for a while, but then actually trying him brought me back to reality. If I'm gonna be running with crossup characters, I might as well just stick with my team.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 22, 2011

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

S-Alpha posted:

Which one brought this on? Because there are a lot of stupid combos in Ult's mission mode.

Combination of Vergil's #9, Strider's #8?(the one where you need to TK an RDP motion) and the Zero 10 you mentioned.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Contest Winner posted:

So I have been fiddling with runnign Wright/???/Strange, but I keep waffling about and can't decide on the third guy. I was excited for Phoenix Wright to be in this game, but beat up people with papers and sneezes is more entertaing than I thought it would be.

I run a similar team with Wesker in the 2nd slot for the OTG assist to help make landing Objections a lot easier and to extend Wright's combos. Also can't go wrong with Doom for Missiles.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Chocolate America posted:

I tried out Vergil's Rapid Slash xx Devil Trigger mixup last night and it's embarrassingly good and easy to do. Holy poo poo. Thanks Yipes!

I am pretty sure Seth showed that combo in the character preview before the game was released.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

god I realize how much I suck when I just can't seem to connect after using Rising sun. I teleport down, superjump up, and either I completely miss Jump A or if I do hit, when I try too hit him with J B I'm to high up and I completely miss him.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Monaghan posted:

god I realize how much I suck when I just can't seem to connect after using Rising sun. I teleport down, superjump up, and either I completely miss Jump A or if I do hit, when I try too hit him with J B I'm to high up and I completely miss him.

It might have something to do with the fact that you're using j.L and not j.M. j.L just causes whiffs and dropped combos. You need the bigger hitboxes on those moves to get it working properly.

On a side note, though, I think I'm gonna start doing some work with Spencer. Any good target combos I should be shooting for with him?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I picked this up today despite not playing MvC3 for months, so I'm basically going to be starting from scratch. Gonna run Hawkeye/Viper/Doom and see how that goes. Maybe switch it to Chun/Hawkeye/Doom because I like Chun even though she's mid-tier at best. :shobon:

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Contest Winner posted:

Haggar's lariat assist is pretty much the best one for gathering evidence. If you call Maya and Haggar at the same time and then move forward slightly, the lariat will stuff a lot of teleports, and teleports are PW's biggest weakness. Maya handles the ground projectiles and Haggar handles everything else. The only thing you have to worry about is angled air projectiles like Wesker gun and Hawkeye arrows. It's pretty ridiculous.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Haggar's lariat assist is pretty much the best one for gathering evidence. If you call Maya and Haggar at the same time and then move forward slightly, the lariat will stuff a lot of teleports, and teleports are PW's biggest weakness. Maya handles the ground projectiles and Haggar handles everything else. The only thing you have to worry about is angled air projectiles like Wesker gun and Hawkeye arrows. It's pretty ridiculous.

Unfortunately, Haggar has zero synergy with Phoenix Wright in every other area. With Wright, you want to combo into an Objection, use Turnabout to kill a character, and then tag out to abuse his broken-tier (ha ha) beta assist, Break the Witness, which is Hsien-Ko's gold-armor Senpu Bu on crack. Haggar can't combo off of Break the Witness's wallbounce, though, so he loses a lot of the value.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, the team I'm running now is PW/Doom/Dormammu. Doom missiles can extend Investigation combos with an OTG and stuff teleporters at range (Vergil and Dante, for instance, teleport directly into the path of the missiles, and others will just get hit as the missiles come down).

I think I'm going to replace Dorm's Dark Hole with Strange's Eye of Agamatto, though, since Strange has better synergy with Wright due to being more rushdown-oriented. Once you get somebody cornered with Strange he actually LOSES a lot of his mixup potential since he can't teleport behind people in the corner. With Nick on your team, you can call out Break the Witness and do instant overhead mixups into a full combo.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

S-Alpha posted:

It might have something to do with the fact that you're using j.L and not j.M. j.L just causes whiffs and dropped combos. You need the bigger hitboxes on those moves to get it working properly.

I can't think of too many characters that use j.l for anything other than instant overheads so never use j.l for anything combo related unless necessary imo

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

S-Alpha posted:

On a side note, though, I think I'm gonna start doing some work with Spencer. Any good target combos I should be shooting for with him?

He's easy to learn but hard to master. Try to learn how to combo after an OTG TK Wire Grapple M by linking a Zip Wire afterwards, because you can OTG again with Death from Above (air QCF+S) and cancel it into a hyper or Wire Grapple.

Dosvidanya posted:

I can't think of too many characters that use j.l for anything other than instant overheads so never use j.l for anything combo related unless necessary imo

Wesker's air loop, for one. Dante used to have a great j.l, but it got nerfed to poo poo. Also, fly/unfly combos.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah Vergil is staying on my team for a while. I'm glad I didn't give up on him too soon.
I'm not sure doing something that is blocked the exact same way every time can be called a 'mix up'

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

I'm not sure doing something that is blocked the exact same way every time can be called a 'mix up'

rapid slash xx devil trigger .... xx rapid slash :twisted:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

If you're going to do rapid slash xx super it might as well be swords anyway

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
"Where is the champion? Where is Nemesis?"

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I feel like not playing the Sad Hulk Walking Away Song for the last 10 seconds or so was really a missed opportunity.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Vengarr posted:

I think I'm going to replace Dorm's Dark Hole with Strange's Eye of Agamatto, though, since Strange has better synergy with Wright due to being more rushdown-oriented. Once you get somebody cornered with Strange he actually LOSES a lot of his mixup potential since he can't teleport behind people in the corner. With Nick on your team, you can call out Break the Witness and do instant overhead mixups into a full combo.

I actually use both Strange and Dorm with PW. Although I'm considering dropping Dorm for Ghost Rider to use his spire assist for "get off me purposes".

Strange has amazing synergy with Break the Witness assist, and the Eye of Agamotto provides great cover for PW, especially if Maya Shield is right in front of it. Strange is really vulnerable when he comes out to drop the eye, though. One of my buddies would rip apart Strange and Wright both with Nemesis' j2C tentacles.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Boxman posted:

I feel like not playing the Sad Hulk Walking Away Song for the last 10 seconds or so was really a missed opportunity.

You are an rear end in a top hat that stole my joke. :-(

http://tubedubber.com/#E1DRSYTHDd0:E0w1W5RGx9Q:0:100:210:0:1

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Is there a stream archive of the cross counter tournament?

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
TheStream.tv never archives its stuff on their Justin.tv page, but they usually post their videos/shows about a day afterwards on their main site (thestream.tv, natch) a day or two past airing.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

So I've been doing Dr. Strange missions, and I got to 7. It's a really basic lmhsmmhs, but then you do m daggers of danak, followed by the yellow pillar. Because daggers has such a delay, I can't figure out quite what I'm supposed to be doing. Does daggers hit on the ground? Is it set up to hit them after pillar hits? Am I doing daggers in the air? drat I wish there was a video replay, because the move list is failing to tell me what to do.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

counterspin posted:

So I've been doing Dr. Strange missions, and I got to 7. It's a really basic lmhsmmhs, but then you do m daggers of danak, followed by the yellow pillar. Because daggers has such a delay, I can't figure out quite what I'm supposed to be doing. Does daggers hit on the ground? Is it set up to hit them after pillar hits? Am I doing daggers in the air? drat I wish there was a video replay, because the move list is failing to tell me what to do.

Do the j. S as late as you can, then do the daggers and immediately cancel to super as soon as they're out. The super hits otg and the daggers will track to the opponent in midair.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Vengarr posted:

Unfortunately, Haggar has zero synergy with Phoenix Wright in every other area. With Wright, you want to combo into an Objection, use Turnabout to kill a character, and then tag out to abuse his broken-tier (ha ha) beta assist, Break the Witness, which is Hsien-Ko's gold-armor Senpu Bu on crack. Haggar can't combo off of Break the Witness's wallbounce, though, so he loses a lot of the value.

You can do L Hooligan Launcher to start a combo before the wallbounce, if you time it right all of Wright's hits still land. Alternatively H Violent Axe will move you far enough that the last hit connects midscreen after the wallbounce, but that uses up your ground bounce too and does less damage overall.

Does anyone know how Haggar's moves combo once hitstun deterioration has kicked in hard? I'm running Haggar-Hawkeye-Doom with triple arrow and missiles so theoretically something like "ground combo, air combo, wild swing, cr.H OTG, Hawkeye assist, launch, air combo, air pipe, call doom, launch, wild swing, missiles hit, something" should work, I just don't really know what to try.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Fenn the Fool! posted:

You can do L Hooligan Launcher to start a combo before the wallbounce, if you time it right all of Wright's hits still land. Alternatively H Violent Axe will move you far enough that the last hit connects midscreen after the wallbounce, but that uses up your ground bounce too and does less damage overall.

Does anyone know how Haggar's moves combo once hitstun deterioration has kicked in hard? I'm running Haggar-Hawkeye-Doom with triple arrow and missiles so theoretically something like "ground combo, air combo, wild swing, cr.H OTG, Hawkeye assist, launch, air combo, air pipe, call doom, launch, wild swing, missiles hit, something" should work, I just don't really know what to try.

Try ground chain, air chain, air pipe call Doom, relaunch to M H Headbutt wild swing, OTG call Hawkeye and cancel the pipe into L Hoodlum before the pipe hits and TK cancel that into Body Press.

It's not the best place to call Doom but that's all that I can think of right now.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Here's some videos of me playing Doctor Strange, Rocket Raccoon, Thor and Doom. I'm SUmax and my voice is the deeper/quieter one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc15DPP6p5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXFd6O5tzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZY6jqHA_X8

FossilFuelUser fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Try ground chain, air chain, air pipe call Doom, relaunch to M H Headbutt wild swing, OTG call Hawkeye and cancel the pipe into L Hoodlum before the pipe hits and TK cancel that into Body Press.

It's not the best place to call Doom but that's all that I can think of right now.

I've got "ground combo, air combo, wild swing, OTG, hawkeye, pipe (hits between 2nd and last arrow to conserve groundbounce), L hooligan, a.MMpipe" to work; I went for M, S on the groundbounce but it dropped after the M. I should have time to land and just do S+Call Doom, and if you follow that with an immediate low to the ground wild swing they're regrounded right as the missiles hit. I guess after that I'll just jump up and do wild swing again or maybe I can do Rapid Fists as the first few missiles hit but before they go up too high *shrug*

• Locked thread