Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merricat blackwood
May 10, 2009

This is Freyja, and my dirty rug. Ignore the rug; we put tile down last year.

And this is Freyja in her natural habitat.

Bonus puppy pic! This is her before we got her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adaline
Nov 18, 2010

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me
My dog is a coward and likes to hide behind me.

Adaline fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 28, 2011

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Adaline posted:

This might be the best dog ever. I request more pictures of my fav breed <3

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stegoceras
Oct 21, 2011

Numb's no good, but it sure beats the hurt

Adaline posted:

This dog is adorable.
Here is my 6 month old whoodle puppy, Pepper. Whoodles are a poodle/soft-coated wheaten terrier cross, and they are pretty cute.
She is also long due for a haircut.

Our vacuum cleaner is a tube you plug into the wall, and when I'm done with it, I normally coil it. One day I coiled it and then left to do something else and returned to this:

I wrapped her in a towel for extra cuddly warmth.

tawm
Feb 17, 2011

Altair, a Red Heeler/German Shepard mix.

One of a Kind
May 18, 2009
My family just picked up this little huge guy a few weeks ago:

His name is Charlie (or to be more precise, since we couldn't decide on the right name: Charlie Hilter Wilford "Groucho" Chaplin. (Esquire.)

As you can see, he's very dignified:

Unfortunately, he is a bit overweight and lazy, unlike our other, more high-strung cat, Matilda. That makes him pretty cuddly though. And he's already dressed for the holidays!

Our other cat is still trying to get used to him; he's a bit too friendly for her tastes. Of course, with him being a serious hambeast, she has plenty of places to hide from him.

While I'm posting this, question: my mom wants to attach a picture of him (possibly this one) on our Christmas letter to let people know, but she would love for him to have glasses and a cigar. (the newsletter will be black-and-white, which helps) Seeing as how I am terrible at photoshop, is there a good place to ask for that favor from a goon?

One of a Kind fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 22, 2011

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

AuntBuck posted:

This is my parents' cat Ramona, who has been missing for a week now :(

Well, after being gone about three weeks my family are all delighted that Ramona came home today after one of the neighbors spotted her. She's 15 years old, so I was sure she had wandered off to die somewhere quietly. I don't have any more pics of her so here's one of my stupid cats.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
We recently got a staffy puppy and she's already claimed the couch.

She looks incredibly cute, then she finds something interesting to stare at and she looks awesome instead.

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
This is my girl Savannah "modeling" with a couple of the cat toys I make.

And yes, I know how big she is. She is adopted and was abused by her previous owner who didn't know how to care for a cat and fed her a plethora of people food, including candy :( Savvy is recovering well with us, she has numerous food allergies which make things a challenge (she can only tolerate prescription anti-allergen food, she gets skin sores and face swelling to prescription weight control food) the weight loss is slow, but we've been able to get her down 2 pounds since we've had her, and still dropping :)

She's too smart for her own good and is the biggest suck in the world.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hyregur
Feb 11, 2011

Andohz posted:

We recently got a staffy puppy and she's already claimed the couch.

She looks incredibly cute, then she finds something interesting to stare at and she looks awesome instead.

One of my favorite breeds. Also the little knitted sweater is adorable. Here's my American Bulldog Tyson looking like a thug. He's actually a true gentleman. He's imported from the UK so he's got british manors, he always holds his head up high like he's doing in this picture.

He likes to sit down with us at the table, or really, any table.

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...

Part of Everything posted:

This is my girl Savannah "modeling" with a couple of the cat toys I make.

And yes, I know how big she is. She is adopted and was abused by her previous owner who didn't know how to care for a cat and fed her a plethora of people food, including candy :( Savvy is recovering well with us, she has numerous food allergies which make things a challenge (she can only tolerate prescription anti-allergen food, she gets skin sores and face swelling to prescription weight control food) the weight loss is slow, but we've been able to get her down 2 pounds since we've had her, and still dropping :)

She's too smart for her own good and is the biggest suck in the world.

Wanna hug that fat cat. :3: Good luck to her in her weight loss journey.

This is my baby, Meilyn, a Devon Rex kitty. There's not a person in the world that she won't willingly curl up and snuggle with.

My other babies were Artemis and Devon, also Devon Rex brothers and bought from the same breeder by my mother when I was 13.

Artemis was a great dancer.

And Devon was super chill and loved joining in on holiday feasts.

When the brothers turned 8 years old, Artemis developed some odd health problems that our usual vet couldn't diagnose. A couple months later, Devon developed the same symptoms. We went through two more vets without any answers, as well as a wide variety of different medications, shots, eyedrops, ointments, vitamins and special diets. After about two years of trying to battle whatever this was, Devon became completely blind in both eyes, and fluid began to fill his lungs. He'd walk around and bump into walls, vomit blood, and have accidents outside the litter box. Both Artemis and him stopped grooming themselves and each other, and giving them baths would result in large clumps of hair falling out by the handful. Eventually the decision was made by the family that they should be put to rest.

These were the last pictures I took of Devon.

Mei has just recently turned 8 years old and has been showing signs of the same symptoms. All I can do is keep my lil baby as happy as possible for as long as possible. I can't help but think that this is the result of irresponsible breeding.

Sorry for all the :words: :qq:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Well, I have a little more media of my recent acquisition. First here's a little of the older stuff.

A video of how he treats toys. This was his second of those by the way, the first he only pulled the stuffing out of, the purple one in the video he utterly destroyed, all that's left is the bell from the tail and the wand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeN1lDtc1YI&feature=related

A more recent video of the only thing he uses the scratching post for besides lines of catnip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0itOZZjQ6I&feature=related

He likes to explore.

Not a blurry pic, he's just that fuzzy now that it's winter.

He reacted well to Skyrim being installed on my laptop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZwYrWoAjfY&feature=related

Despite being a Himalayan and covered with enough fur to make a sweater, he is still somehow solar powered.

This is a bit more recent. He had a case of the blurries.

He had to shake it off.

He's looking a bit bigger lately.

Its a trick!

This is the fate of all toys. It used to have fur and feathers on it.

My sister says he's real photogenic but I'm not quite seeing it...

Oh wait, there it is.

There is a cat in there somewhere.

How is this even comfortable you are a cat! He was asleep like this.

This is more like it.

Here he is prepping the next toy for destruction.

Bonus storytime, the family cat who went missing a few weeks ago was found two days before Thanksgiving.

The toy he was prepping for destruction a few days before? Well here it is again.

Here it is.

And here, and here... and over there.

After destroying toys he went back to recharging in the sun.

Disguised as a tribble, again.

One of his hobbies is preventing me from doing anything on the computer.

Bonus, my view of the whole thing.

He is fluff personified. Sometimes I open my window a bit at night for air even if it's a bit chilly, I woke up once covered in sweat for reasons other than I'd expect. I had a cat hat. It was too warm, and that was before his winter coat came in fully.

Now that you've sat through too many photos of my incredibly friendly Humane Society rescue it's story time. You might have noticed his forearms were shaved. Last month the poor guy had a trip to the vet after he was trying to go to the litter box but couldn't. Poor guy had a blockage that was painful, thankfully there is an e-vet in this city that's open 24/7 and he was able to get help.

After a few days of observation and having a catheter where no cath should go in a cat he was released and put on a wet food only diet. He doesn't seem to mind the lack of dry food anymore and he's still his lap stealing very warm and friendly self. Now that it's winter, very warm. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wake up to purr purr purr and I'm glad he got over the blockage without needing surgery.

Also as mentioned before the family cat Aunt Buck mentioned that belongs to our father was found a few days before thanksgiving after being gone for two weeks. She lost three pounds and apparently got stuck on the wrong side of the fence since it's lower on the other side and she's sixteen. Fortunately she responded well to wet food and turkey. They took her to a vet after getting her back and she seems to be ok but she has a follow up visit in another week.

I think I've had enough catdrama for a while, I'm going to go pet my excessively fuzzy friend now.

beekeepersdaughter
Jan 9, 2010
I already posted this in the rodent-y thread, but I think I've posted Chester in this thread before, so I thought I'd share.

My roommates and I have an awesome, curious, personable, chubby guinea pig named Chester. We all went home for Thanksgiving, so Chester is staying with his uncles down the street for a week. The boys sent us these pictures last night:

Chester receives his pool cue

Rack 'em up, Chester.

Attaboy

Getting out of the way

Staring down the enemy.

Sweet, sweet victory. :stoat:

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Today is my best buddy's 2nd birthday. He's having a Ribeye for dinner tonight. (Bonus crudely photoshopped-on party hat.)

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
Meh, RIP Duke (uh uh July '09 - November '11?), you chillass serpenty bastard.
Duke Aldous Ethridge Huxley IV [Brazilian Rainbow Boa], my boyfriend named him and though not a reptile guy he totally loved this snake and I swear he loved him back. Anytime Ryan held Duke the snake'd either watch him from a sleeve or hoodie and just relax while he'd squirm all over me. They'd nap together. :3: And I loved his derpy =3 head marking. I was looking forward to obtaining a female in a few years and breeding.. oh well.. I feel awful. Ttly cried over him.

At least Mizz Skizzles met him! Famous internet-snake!!

He got so big! He fit fine in this tupperware when I got him..not this summer.

Sorry Duke, I'll miss your hurpadurpa snakeyface poking out at me at 4AM while your giant tank space went to waste as you hid under a log ALL DAY. EVERY. DAY. <3

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Awesome snake, my condolences :(

In other news, our staffy found a pile of leaves. And then it found a stick.

lordxoi
May 24, 2003

DA-DA-DUM!
All the pets

ANOTHER QUALITY LORDXOI POST/THREAD

lordxoi fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 30, 2011

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

So for the last week my blanket has been showing up in random parts of the house. Either I had a poltergeist, or my cat was doing it somehow. I set up a camera, and it turns out he carries it around in his teeth and then rapes it. :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_iipeyATzg

lwoodio fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 1, 2011

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Christmas photo dump.

Look at how festive Cohen is!

Festivities still going strong!

"Uh, this IS my Christmas Happy Face."

"Getting bored. Are we done?"

"Fine, gently caress, do whatever you want."

Christmas cheer my rear end.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
My cat named Cat. Someone dumped her at the farm I was living at, couldn't tussle with the barn cats and was emaciated by the time she decided I was OK to approach. Been with me through a few relocations, very good with people, loves babies :3:

tiddlez
Nov 25, 2006

Nice shirt, Gaywad.
Campbell is getting big!

He sits up all cute when he wants something

He prefers sticks that are awkward shapes and hard to carry

Minnie Mouse is one of his best pals

But he loves this squeeky ball more!

He is changing colour every day, getting darker and darker. It's the most amazing thing to watch happening.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I've wanted to adopt a cat for years but couldn't for various reasons. A few months ago those reasons vanished and I started preparing and researching, asking a bunch of silly questions in the cat thread etc. A friend of my moms does fostering and sent me a picture of a cat "Callie". I met the cat a few weeks ago and we hit it off fine. When I went to my parents for thanksgiving I let my mom know that I was ready to adopt Callie and took her home that night.

I couldn't sleep the first night because she was just hiding behind some shelves and not drinking/eating. She then hid under my bed for another day and started eating. The next day she started using the litter box and coming out more.

It's been a week since I've adopted her and now she spends most of her time sitting/sleeping in a chair next to mine in the living room. When I come home for lunch or from work she greets me with meows and then jumps up into my lap for petting/scritches.

Cats are awesome.

Earlier pic from when she was still in foster care.

Happy to see I have the camera out yet again.

Operation: Catloaf commencing.

One of her favorite sleeping places, in my lap while I am on the couch.

Viciously attacking a sock, which has shopping bags wrapped in another sock and catnip inside it.

Playin` sock guitar

Dignified as always, also high on the nip

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I come home to this scenario often enough.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
Seņor Rufus has transformed from this:

Into this:

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Mulloy posted:

Seņor Rufus has transformed from this:

:swoon: addoorraabbleee

Into this:

Holy shitcrackers is that an ausky? I SEE THEM IN EVERYTHING NOW. I'm calling that an ausky. Official. *huff* I started the breed you see..I had the first official RECOGNIZED auskie and..so.. I.. need breeding stock of..so far all the neutered variety.. and .. I'm taking your dog for permanent inspection. <3

Uh uh content.. HI FIVE BRO

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
He is indeed a mix of Husky and... something. We picked him up from a friend of a friend. They owned the mother (Husky) and thought the father might have been a black lab, but his coat pretty clearly screams Australian Shepherd according to my wife.

Here's a picture of him when he'd started to settle in at home:

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Another Aussie/Chow mixed up dog, my GF's pet, Annie.

She's 14 and having some issues with her arthritis these days. :( Smartest dog I've ever met, though.

Her Cat, Kitiara (who even made the front page of SA once).

I call her Tubby ara because she's been on a diet for years and somehow has not lost any weight.

Lastly, Nightmare...who is secretly feeding Tubby, I think.

Not a great pic., so here's her cute little face.

SmellsOfFriendship
May 2, 2008

Crazy has and always will be a way to discredit or otherwise demean a woman's thoughts and opinions
Vincenza says hello!

I think outside the tube.

Ooooo, what's that?

STICK!

gently caress you mean hat lady.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Every day when I get home, that cat comes out from where ever he's been sleeping and runs up to the door to greet me. He then flops down on the mat, rolls over for a 3 second belly scratch, then does this:

Hey whatcha doin' there?

Ugh, gently caress man what a day

His name is Balloo, and he is a butt.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Turns out my puppy finds golf just as boring as my girlfriend does.

I also finally got a nice quality picture of her.

Wabznasm
Jul 19, 2006

Rof Rof
My little ginger buddy, Barky.

SmellsOfFriendship
May 2, 2008

Crazy has and always will be a way to discredit or otherwise demean a woman's thoughts and opinions

ClearlyDeluded posted:

My little ginger buddy, Barky.

Wow, he's gorgeous.

To contribute!

Let me out let me out!

honkykong
Sep 20, 2005

So most of the people I know have pets. I have

fish.

A good friend of mine bought a house and I lived with him for a while. He got Reggie about a month after we moved in. We were best buds the whole time I was there, hands down the coolest dog I've ever met.

I think he just woke up.

His parents have 2 white german shepherds.

Sadly the bigger one, Cooper, passed away about a year ago.

But they missed him so much they got another.

The other one, Kira, gained some weight after Cooper passed. The new pup, Jack, is shaping up to be as big as Cooper was (130ish+ lbs I think?)

Another good friend of mine has another Jack, who is the older of the 2 Jacks.

He is something like 8 and acts like a crotchety old man around other dogs. He is also overprotective of his family. If I act like I'm punching my friend, Jack will freak out and bark his head off.

His mom has Daisy, who desperately needs training as she still jumps all over me whenever I see her.

Here she is in her younger days.

She also has quite the tongue.

DID SOMEBODY SAY BACON???!?

My mother has 2 cats, one of which is apparently a railcat.

I don't seem to have any more pictures of her cats, I must have lost them.

She also got a dog more recently.

I don't know his/her name as we haven't met yet.

Here's another one of Jack.

He has to be the softest dog I've ever met.

But I still miss Reggie the most, I want a pet!

fake edit: I rent and no animals allowed. That's reason enough to move, right?

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz
Tasha is one of two of the office cats we had when I first started working at my current job. The location was on a farm, and one of the neighbor's dog had chased her up the tree when she was a kitten. He came over to the office and asked if the cat belonged to the company, and the first thing she did was crawl up the CFO's arm and hang around her neck. The owner of the company decided to keep her and see if she'd help with the mouse problem around the barn. I'd never had a cat before so coming into work every day was a fun experience since I mostly just sat around and played with her during my downtime. Being the youngest one in the office by a large margin, Tasha quickly became my best friend.

Cue September of this year when I found out my company was bought out by a larger medical services group. They were planning on closing the California office around the end of the year. I spoke with the owner of the company and she agreed to let me give Tasha a god home.

I don't care if I'm losing my job in two months. I can always get another job. I don't think I'll ever find a replacement for this little brat though :3:

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

honkykong posted:

Ah, the lap doberman. A common sight in our house.

Schistosity
May 15, 2009

Angelo's on the left, and Ginger's on the right. Usually Angelo completely ignores the guinea pig, but he wanted some cuddling last night.

Major Boobage
Dec 6, 2011
This is Pepper, but he also goes by the title "Mamma's Number 1 Hansy Boy"

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Mitzy!

The loudest whiniest cat you'll ever see. I always wanted a vocal cat but I didn't know a cat could be this vocal. While her constant meowing annoys me, she is the most affectionate cat I've had. When Im up late playing Minecraft, she'll stay in that little cubby hole until I turn off the computer. Then she'll run to my bed every night and sleep at my feet or chest. I don't live with the cat anymore, as my parent's split up. Dad is the biggest cat lover I know, and Mom is quite the opposite....so Mitzy went with Dad when that time came. Every time I visit Dad, Mitzy is always there, slightly fatter with each visit.

Whenever i'm in proximity of the cat, my friends witness a normal 19 year old boy transform into a raving lunatic who speaks nothing but baby language.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

My cat Izzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso

eggsovereasy posted:

My cat Izzy

Izzy is GORGEOUS! Your fancy camera probably helps out, too.

For content, a little snugglin' time with Wayne and Garth:

• Locked thread