Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I found the latest HP to be pretty average. Not as funny as the others, anyone else feel this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Holy crap, I just found out via Cracked that Shake Hands with Danger is actually twenty-five minutes long instead of the 13 and a half we were treated to.

Mike, Kevin, Bill, on behalf of the internet, I hereby demand that you release an uncut version of the riff!

But only if it comes with the extended party mix version of the "Shake Hands With Danger" song! :v:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wonder if that construction site still has the body of Chuck rotting in the sun.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Even though it's way too obscure to ever actually be Rifftrax'd without VOD, and it's too new to be out of copyright, I have rediscovered a movie I watched as a kid and now I need it to be riffed.

quote:

Tammy and the T-Rex is a 1994 science fiction/comedy starring future stars Denise Richards and Paul Walker.

Michael and Tammy are two high school kids that are in love with one another, despite Tammy's relationship with a violent bully named Billy, which escalades one afternoon into a violent fight in which Billy is beaten by Michael. Later that night when Billy sneaks out to see Tammy, Billy and his thugs chase and catch Michael, throwing him into the wild Animal Park where lions run loose. A lion mauls Michael and he is left in a comatose state. He is brought to a hospital where his intoxicated uncle watches over him. Dr. Wachenstein and his assistant Helga declare Michael dead so they can use his brain to control an animatronic dinosaur that Wachenstein has created. After his brain is installed Michael escapes and wreaks vengeance on his high school tormentors and is reunited with his sweetheart Tammy. She realizes the dinosaur is Michael and begins a search to find a more suitable body for him. However Dr. Wachenstein is in hot pursuit of his creation. This leads to a chase scene that ends with Michael killing the doctor. Police officers open fire and destroy the mechanical dinosaur. Tammy manages to recover Michael’s brain. In the end she takes it home with her and hooks his brain up to her computer and video camera which allows him to see her perform a [PG13] striptease for him.

It also features the guy who played Burnie in Weekend at Burnie's.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Bobulus posted:

Even though it's way too obscure to ever actually be Rifftrax'd without VOD, and it's too new to be out of copyright, I have rediscovered a movie I watched as a kid and now I need it to be riffed.

It also features the guy who played Burnie in Weekend at Burnie's.

And it's from the director of Mac & Me.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Universe Master posted:

The problem with the Laser Mission riff is that Laser Mission is less of a goofy bad action movie and more of a painfully, painfully bad Cold War comedy. You just can't turn good jokes out of bad "Boris and Natasha" shtick, no matter how hard you try.
The problem was that the Soviet block was planning some sort of laser mission. At the beginning of each scene, did all the bad guys roll to decide which bad accent they would do?

I thought it was a great riff, reminding me that I like them making fun of bad crappy movies than I do them making fun of bad blockbuster movies. My only regret was going "GAAHHHH"!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
:stare:

quote:

Everyone knows Hercules (or Heracles, if you’re really fun to talk to at parties), the mighty Greek whose heroic exploits included cleaning up tons of horse crap. But not everyone knows his sons, who for some reason went by the name The Sons of Hercules!
Yes, The Sons of Hercules, whose theme song informs us “were men as men could be.” What in the hell this might conceivably mean, we have no idea. Perhaps their Y chromosomes are bulked up monstrosities like Popeye. Or maybe it’s because, as the song goes on to inform us, “They shook the world AND took the world,” while the rest of us, failing to be as men as men could be, merely do one or the other depending on who’s playing in Monday Night Football.
This particular episode centers around Argolese, a man whose ability to grow a respectable beard is severely hampered by his periwinkle mini-skirt. Argolese befriends a horrible man named Babar who, as a sidekick, ranks somewhere in between Jar Jar Binks and Shia LaBeouf’s character in Crystal Skull. Their lighthearted goal? Free a bunch of innocent people who have been horribly enslaved!
Along the way they’ll wrestle a lion (real), fight a dragon (fake) and evade a hungry bear (we’re not sure. We’re leaning toward it being Nicholas Cage.) One thing is for certain: a sword and sandals tale this bizarre requires the full riffing efforts of Mike, Kevin and Bill, who, put together, come very close to being as men as men could be.

Well this one sounds balls-to-the-wall insane.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ensign_Ricky posted:

:stare:

Well this one sounds balls-to-the-wall insane.

Is this related to those bizarre Hercules movies they did back in the MST3K days?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rirse posted:

Is this related to those bizarre Hercules movies they did back in the MST3K days?

I dunno, they haven't listed enough to tell me if they were made in Italy and redubbed by American actors.

I have a feeling though that the only relation is that they all have the word "HERCULES" in their titles.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Rirse posted:

Looks like it's at least somewhat related to them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sons_of_Hercules

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

They should have done Fury of Hercules which was set in modern day New York and Hercules fights a guy in a terrible gorilla suit.

-edit oops, you were right. It was Hercules in New York. I just wrongly assumed there was only one Hercules movie where he fought a guy in a bad animal suit.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 28, 2011

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't that Hercules in New York? Or was that a bear in that one...

MMania
May 7, 2008
I've been out of the game for a while, but I just watched Star Trek (the reboot) and it was one of their best efforts yet. There is a Spock rap with the line "I'm gonna Pon-Farr ya" in it, and tons of hilarious mocking of Chekov's accent in between general mocking of the not-very-tight script. I'm going to sit down and watch it again soon because I probably laughed over a couple dozen jokes, they came so fast and were so drat funny.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Those Fantastic Four riffs are gold.

"No! Not his sinister looking humanitarian award!" :ohdear:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

So... since it's a tasting, are they going to spit that vodka out before they attempt the new riff tomorrow or swallow it?

Sort of hoping they try to riff with a nice buzz going.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Anyone get the Hercules riff? Those eps were kind of a slog for me, and I loved all of Joel's stuff.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Universe Master posted:

So... since it's a tasting, are they going to spit that vodka out before they attempt the new riff tomorrow or swallow it?

Sort of hoping they try to riff with a nice buzz going.

They didn't spit out the bacon two weeks ago, so I should think not. :colbert:

Also, the thing I love about Rifftrax is even after I've seen the same riff a dozen times, I'll always hear a hilarious line that I somehow missed before. Like a couple of days ago, I heard one during the riff of The Phantom Menace that I always forgot about, but made me laugh pretty hard. During the podrace, when the Tuskan Raiders hold up their guns and start shooting onto the track, Mike says, "A well-regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the people of KICK SOME rear end shall not be infringed!"

edit: My favorite rear end-kicking Rifftrax line will always be, "And now, the winter of kick-your-rear end is made glorious summer by my foot!" from Star Trek VI.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sooo, you think you've seen weird Riffshorts before? You've sat through the "At Your Fingertips" series, laughed at "One Got Fat" but nothing could prepare you for "Lets Pretend: Magic Sneakers." The story of an incredibly filthy boy playing on some train tracks, finding "magic sneakers" and is then chased by an insane blue man. The soundtrack is a jangling discordant noise and what little dialog is screechy. Frankly I believe this is the strangest short they've done. At least the other strange things they've watched seem to have some kind of purpose. This one just tells kids to do incredibly dangerous things.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
New VOD coming next Tuesday:

Warriors of the Wasteland.

Also known as The New Barbarians, it looks like it might be up there with Escape 2000.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So I'm embarking on an ambitious lesson plan with my grade 5 students involving "More Dangerous Than Dynamite". I'm going to have them watch it with no audio and see if they can puzzle out from just the visuals what exactly its about. Then, the following day we'll watch it with audio and see how close they were. It's part creative writing, part analysis of performing arts. I think.

Alternately, One Got Fat.

EL Skirvo
Jun 17, 2006

I think Doctor Thunder is probably the best modeler alive today, I just really love all his work.
Ha, holy crap! I actually have New Barbarians on dvd and it'd be perfect for a riff. What an incredibly terrible movie, like warrior of the lost world terrible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've announced yet another VOD release, this one some movie called "Buffalo Rider" which they compare to such cinematic masterpieces as The Room and Birdemic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

muscles like this? posted:

They've announced yet another VOD release, this one some movie called "Buffalo Rider" which they compare to such cinematic masterpieces as The Room and Birdemic.

Amazing, they're actually going to do the Guy On A Buffalo movie in full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4T9CQA0UM

I hope they actually got inspiration to do it from this guy. Hell, if they did, I hope they ask him to do a little thing for the Rifftrax. :haw:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 16, 2011

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Just watched Warriors of the Wasteland. This one is definitely must-see. I'm not even sure if the riffs were so great, but just watching that movie was an experience. It's a perfect cocktail of a watchable bad movie. Badly directed, bizarre outfits, cheesy acting, crazy story details, funky cars, ridiculous deaths, plenty of "haha, really?" surprises and an atmosphere that mixes dull with pretty out there. The main villain's death... oh my God... It's movies like this where the riffs don't even need to be funny (though they were). They just need to exist.

Movie also features the most random rear end shot you'll ever see in film. I did NOT see that one coming.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Today is the 33rd anniversary of the only television airing of The Star Wars Holiday Special. Time to rewatch the greatest and best of all Rifftrax!

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Looks like Transformers 3 will be out on the 29th.

http://youtu.be/3qcAQ_OXmzk

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Captain Invictus posted:

Amazing, they're actually going to do the Guy On A Buffalo movie in full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4T9CQA0UM

I hope they actually got inspiration to do it from this guy. Hell, if they did, I hope they ask him to do a little thing for the Rifftrax. :haw:

Oh god...this sounds amazing:

quote:

DO YOU LIKE THE ROOM, BIRDEMIC AND SANTA & THE ICE CREAM BUNNY? IF SO, BUY THIS AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT
When you really stop and think about it, there are two kinds of movies: movies where rugged men punch mountain lions, and movies where this sadly does not happen.
Fortunately, Buffalo Rider is the inaugural member of this first group, and while it waits for another movie to join it, (we’re looking squarely at you The Help 2), it is content to quietly kick some rear end all by its lonesome.
Buffalo Rider tells the story of Jake “Buffalo” Jones, a legend of the Old West who tamed and rode a two-ton buffalo named Samson and, in the process, proved that there really must not have been much to do in the Old West. And while the sight of a man who resembles a Doobie Brothers roadie riding a gigantic buffalo is spectacular in itself, the producers decide to spice up the action a bit by keeping crates of vicious wild animals just off-screen and occasionally releasing them to attack Jake and the buffalo. Bears, wolves and cougars all show up to take on Jake, who appears to have been informed of these animals’ presence seconds before they were released.
You may have seen the clips of the “Guy on a Buffalo” song. Please, let us reassure you that you have NOT experienced the entire Buffalo Rider universe until you’ve seen the whole movie. This is a film that devotes nearly 1/10th of its screen time to tell the tale of a very, very unfortunate raccoon named Bandit. It has its own majestic theme song that you will be singing for days afterwards. Imagine if all you saw of Birdemic were the coat-hanger scenes. You’d be forgiven for assuming that was all the movie had to offer, but then you’d miss out on solrpnls, hanging out with your family and the spruce bark beetles. Please do not miss out on Buffalo Rider. Although the cougar punching is still pretty drat sweet...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sooo, you think you've seen weird Riffshorts before? You've sat through the "At Your Fingertips" series, laughed at "One Got Fat" but nothing could prepare you for "Lets Pretend: Magic Sneakers." The story of an incredibly filthy boy playing on some train tracks, finding "magic sneakers" and is then chased by an insane blue man. The soundtrack is a jangling discordant noise and what little dialog is screechy. Frankly I believe this is the strangest short they've done. At least the other strange things they've watched seem to have some kind of purpose. This one just tells kids to do incredibly dangerous things.

I just saw this one. Good God. I've been meaning to get around to watching all the Rifftrax shorts (I got most of them on DVD, I just need to find the time) and putting together a comprehensive list of the most batshit insane. This one is definitely top 5 material.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gavok posted:

I just saw this one. Good God. I've been meaning to get around to watching all the Rifftrax shorts (I got most of them on DVD, I just need to find the time) and putting together a comprehensive list of the most batshit insane. This one is definitely top 5 material.

If #1 isn't "Join Hands; Let Go!", you're banned from any further discussion, Gavok.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I don't know... Join Hands; Let's Go is also probably in the top 5, but it's the same flavor as Let's Pretend: Magic Sneakers. They're both extremely weird shorts that are in no way educational, have bizarre attempts at humor and make you wonder why the gently caress they even exist in the first place. Magic Sneakers, on the other hand, has this disturbing edge to it with the music and the unexplained dirtiness of the kid. Join Hands is relatively wholesome in comparison.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
So, Laser Mission...

Is everybody just going to ignore the fact that the main bad guy is Sting from Space Mutiny?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

So, Laser Mission...

Is everybody just going to ignore the fact that the main bad guy is Sting from Space Mutiny?

OI!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of reused actors, were "Scorpion" and the priest character in Warriors of the Wasteland also in Escape 2000?

Also, what the hell was going on in Warriors of the Wasteland? Apparently Scorpion was supposed to be the hero or something when all he did was kill some dudes, get caught and then apparently raped.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owRRmZSnICY

They put a sample out for it. Comes out tomorrow and it looks like every animal was hurt while filming.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

That poor Buffalo. :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't think I've ever seen a film that was more about nothing than Buffalo Rider.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Just got an email from Rifftrax...and there's a new name for terror:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Just got an email from Rifftrax...and there's a new name for terror:

Well that's seven bucks I'm spending. Ready for more Santa, apes, random hippie chick, Thumbilla, and the title Ice Cream Bunny!

Also like the new promo they got going on. Looks like I will be picking up some missing shorts and VOD soon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

....there was MORE to that movie?! :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

....there was MORE to that movie?! :psyboom:

I'm gonna guess it might be more beach animal footage? or maybe another story that has nothing to do with Christmas.

• Locked thread