Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
So my friend wants to start trying new roms. He has an Epic. Is there even a decent ROM available for an Epic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

THF13 posted:

Just upgraded from an original droid to a Razr so I'm having to deal with carrier bloatware for the first time and it's a lot worse than I was expecting.

Is there a goon recommended app for "freezing" some of these apps and will the phone crap out if I do?
Not too concerned about freezing or removing most of the standalone stuff on here but there's a few that I'm worried the phone needs.
-Task Manager
-Backup Assistant+
-Contacts Sync
-Motorola Services
-Sync Service
-Social Networking

Contacts sync and sync service sounds like stuff that syncs your Google account. I wouldn't just go deleting poo poo unless you're positive you know what you're doing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Okay, this may seem retarded, but the last time I flashed I didn't have anything on my phone so I didn't really give a poo poo, but I want to flash now and have Titanium Backup installed from the last time and it basically only backed up way back in May, but I can't find the specific listing for all my camera photos and contacts... saved my Bluetooth pairings and saved wifi routers, but the important stuff isn't immediately obvious. Is it just on the sd card already and will automatically save, or what? I'd also like to finally get rid of Sense's stupid Facebook pairing, because I do NOT want every person on my Facebook showing up in my contacts... loving annoying. Thing is, I do like how it will automatically pair people and shove their profile pic in as their contact pic... any way I can selectively do that?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

A couple weeks ago the 8GB SD card I use in my N1 running CM7 died. This was a pain because I'm using S2E to install apps to SD card.

So anyway, I had to put a new card in and start installing apps. This works fine, and I didn't really lose any settings/data.

The problem is this:

If I click on any of those apps that say SD, Settings force closes. Same thing if I go to the SD card tab and try clearing the checkmark on any of those apps.

AFAICT, all of the apps I had installed previously have one of those weird SD card entries...

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

It's been a while -- an embarrassingly long time -- since I've updated my EVO and when I went to update it, I got a "no md5 found" message when I tried to update (more) through Fresh Updater after first updating via ROM Manager.

I reverted back to my Fresh 3.3.0.1 backup, so I'm going to try and update via Fresh Updater...

Any reason why this happened to begin with?

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Thermopyle posted:

If I click on any of those apps that say SD, Settings force closes. Same thing if I go to the SD card tab and try clearing the checkmark on any of those apps.

AFAICT, all of the apps I had installed previously have one of those weird SD card entries...

Maybe try using a 3rd party uninstaller app (Like Titanium Backup) to scrub those app entries from the phone?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Okay, this may seem retarded, but the last time I flashed I didn't have anything on my phone so I didn't really give a poo poo, but I want to flash now and have Titanium Backup installed from the last time and it basically only backed up way back in May, but I can't find the specific listing for all my camera photos and contacts... saved my Bluetooth pairings and saved wifi routers, but the important stuff isn't immediately obvious. Is it just on the sd card already and will automatically save, or what?
Depends on the phone, but your photos are usually saved to the sd card or the internal sd card. That isn't something Titanium would deal with- it's just not what it does. Contacts are stored on Google's servers so again, not Titanium's thing.

Thermopyle posted:

A couple weeks ago the 8GB SD card I use in my N1 running CM7 died. This was a pain because I'm using S2E to install apps to SD card.

So anyway, I had to put a new card in and start installing apps. This works fine, and I didn't really lose any settings/data.

The problem is this:

How did you not lose any data when you had a dead SD card? Also why would you be in that screen if you're using s2e?

I don't really have a solution right on the tip of my brain, but I'm sure the cause has to do with how you restored your apps after the loss of the EXT partition. Do you have any intact backups from before the sd card loss?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I had an odd problem last night (N1, CM7), and thought I would share. At some point wifi decided it couldn't connect to any APs. It wouldn't scan, and kept flipping between "connecting..." and "disconnected"
I checked the catlog and it was attempting to connect to an AP that was saved but out of range. Nothing I could do would fix it, restarts, disable/reenable wifi, re-install Nightly 253, nothing.

I searched online and it is apparently a common nook color issue? It WAS resolved by a clean data wipe, but I didn't feel like reinstalling everything. I found someone say it was resolved by flipping from airplane mode back to normal. Surprisingly it worked.

TL:DR; Airplane mode fixed it

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vaporware posted:

I had an odd problem last night (N1, CM7), and thought I would share. At some point wifi decided it couldn't connect to any APs. It wouldn't scan, and kept flipping between "connecting..." and "disconnected"
I checked the catlog and it was attempting to connect to an AP that was saved but out of range. Nothing I could do would fix it, restarts, disable/reenable wifi, re-install Nightly 253, nothing.

I searched online and it is apparently a common nook color issue? It WAS resolved by a clean data wipe, but I didn't feel like reinstalling everything. I found someone say it was resolved by flipping from airplane mode back to normal. Surprisingly it worked.

TL:DR; Airplane mode fixed it

I know this has been an issue on the N1 nightlies since 7.1 Stable.

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK
I'm still liking MIUI for how responsive and customizable it is, but the battery life is becoming an issue. I'll leave the phone plugged into the wall but something under the "Android System" category is showing as using 25%+ battery while plugged in, and it drains faster than it can charge. It changes to 55%+ when viewing unplugged stats.

So I'm thinking about switching to a different rom until we start seeing stable ICS builds. Between CleanROM, WarmROM, and Fresh, does anyone have any recommendations for the Evo 3D? Battery life and stability / overall performance are my main priorities but being able to customize various things would be a bonus.

(Alternatively, finding a way to show more details on what's using the battery for system processes would be useful.)

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Krittick posted:

I'm still liking MIUI for how responsive and customizable it is, but the battery life is becoming an issue. I'll leave the phone plugged into the wall but something under the "Android System" category is showing as using 25%+ battery while plugged in, and it drains faster than it can charge. It changes to 55%+ when viewing unplugged stats.

So I'm thinking about switching to a different rom until we start seeing stable ICS builds. Between CleanROM, WarmROM, and Fresh, does anyone have any recommendations for the Evo 3D? Battery life and stability / overall performance are my main priorities but being able to customize various things would be a bonus.

(Alternatively, finding a way to show more details on what's using the battery for system processes would be useful.)

I believe it is a bug in CM and its derivatives on some 2011 HTC phones that causes excessive battery drain. It's on the sensation too.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I use Clean but I know other people have had issues with later builds. Fresh is supposedly excellent. I hated Warm because it's one of those that throws in a lot of gaudy script kiddy theming. Although other than that it was pretty decent.

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

Experto Crede posted:

I believe it is a bug in CM and its derivatives on some 2011 HTC phones that causes excessive battery drain. It's on the sensation too.

Good to know, thanks. Do you know if it's a kernel bug or in the main rom itself?

Stunt Rock posted:

I use Clean but I know other people have had issues with later builds. Fresh is supposedly excellent. I hated Warm because it's one of those that throws in a lot of gaudy script kiddy theming. Although other than that it was pretty decent.

I hate stupid lovely themes and prefer being able to install mods as-needed, which it looks like Fresh does well. I'll give it a shot tonight unless a new MIUI build comes out with better battery life by then. Thanks.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Krittick posted:

Good to know, thanks. Do you know if it's a kernel bug or in the main rom itself?

I think it's the rom. Even with different kernels it still seems to affect people.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
Fresh is the best evo 3d ROM right now, I've used them all.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!
I think Fresh is great on the 3D. I probably won't switch from it until there's a stable ICS ROM.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Successfully predicted nine of the last five recessions

I have an incredible that I just updated to 2.3.4, and now I keep getting the message that phone storage is low, which prevents me from doing anything besides phone and text. I have about 2 gigs of internal storage free. It's annoying enough that I'm willing to root it and hope that fixes it, was updating it a mistake? I didn't see anything about versions in the OP.

Edit: Also can I back up all my data when rooting or what?

Econosaurus fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 25, 2011

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Econosaurus posted:

I have an incredible that I just updated to 2.3.4, and now I keep getting the message that phone storage is low, which prevents me from doing anything besides phone and text. I have about 2 gigs of internal storage free. It's annoying enough that I'm willing to root it and hope that fixes it, was updating it a mistake? I didn't see anything about versions in the OP.

Edit: Also can I back up all my data when rooting or what?
I ran through the same thought process recently.

1: As of the 2.3.4 update, you can no longer root the Incredible

2: You can get around this bug by clearing the cache for Facebook and HTC messaging/email apps.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

LastInLine posted:

How did you not lose any data when you had a dead SD card?

Sorry, meant to say "any data that was important".

LastInLine posted:

Also why would you be in that screen if you're using s2e?

In this particular instance I was going to force kill Awful (which you can read about in the Awful thread).

LastInLine posted:

I don't really have a solution right on the tip of my brain, but I'm sure the cause has to do with how you restored your apps after the loss of the EXT partition. Do you have any intact backups from before the sd card loss?

No I don't. As far as I can tell this isn't actually causing any problems, it just bothers me now that I've noticed it.

Naes
Jun 20, 2007
On the topic of "being on that screen" and S2E, I just recently partitioned my SD card and installed S2E on my Nexus One.

I have chosen move apps and private apps to SD in the S2E options. After that I just installed all my apps; did I do it right? In "that screen" mentioned above I only show about 50mb usage but have a lot more than that installed in apps, is this correct?

Should I be moving dalvik or download cache as well? app data?

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

I feel like I've flashed my phone 25 times in the last two days.

So a few days ago, my phone started randomly launching the Car Home app and defaulting all calls to speakerphone. This was rather annoying. Poking around XDA, it seemed that a faulty/dirty USB port was to blame. Compressed air did nothing for it, and neither did trying to scrape the connector with a safety pin.

I returned it to out-of-the-box condition thinking I would then call HTC and see if they would fix it. To my surprise, the problem went away. I can't call HTC and complain about a working phone, now can I? So, of course, I re-rooted it. Everything was still kosher.

Then I flashed CM7. The problem came right back. WTF, mate. Flashed MIUI, same deal. Flashed a rooted copy of the stock ROM and it was fine again. Flashed a Sense kernel and it broke again.

At this point, I kind of want to throw the phone out the window. Then it hit me that all the 3rd party stuff I had tried were ports from the Desire HD. I tried a modified ROM and Kernel that were both based off the Inspire and it was kittens and rainbows again.

So my only conclusion is HTC implemented a shoddy-USB-port fix in the Inspire kernel that isn't in the DHD or AOSP kernels. Since I'm not savvy enough to delve any deeper and confirm my theory, I'm stuck on Sense.

I hate Sense :(

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Naes posted:

On the topic of "being on that screen" and S2E, I just recently partitioned my SD card and installed S2E on my Nexus One.

I have chosen move apps and private apps to SD in the S2E options. After that I just installed all my apps; did I do it right? In "that screen" mentioned above I only show about 50mb usage but have a lot more than that installed in apps, is this correct?

Should I be moving dalvik or download cache as well? app data?
Only move the app data if you have a very fast SD card but definitely move the Dalvik.

Thermopyle I'll give some thought to how to fix your thing and get to you in the morning.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I just spent pretty much all day screwing up my phone trying to get A2SD working. I give up, I'll just buy a phone with more space at some point. We had some good times, N1.

If I have to read one more poorly written walkthrough to make an android phone work the way its should, it will be all too soon.

Why can't they cover cases like "A2SD installed, but it helpfully moved every loving app to the SD before turning A2SD on, now I don't have SU or the market to debug WTF happened."

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
I wiped my dalvik cache in an attempt to fix the "Insufficient Space" error when trying to install a game from the Android Market and when I rebooted now my phone is stuck at the Cyanogenmod 7 boot screen with the circling arrow and it just keeps circling.

I have a Samsung Captivate and I'm running the latest stable release of Cyanogenmod 7.

I tried rebooting the phone and running 'adb logcat' but it just says "- waiting for device -" and when it gets to the boot loop it just sits there like before and logcat just sits there waiting for the device.

I made a nandroid backup of the phone and then tried restoring to a much earlier backup and the phone boots okay but I don't want to lose all my data since the last time I backed up was a while ago.

So I tried doing an advanced restore and restored just the /data/ of my bootloop backup and the boot loop comes back, so I'm assuming that the problem has something to do with the /data/ folder.

It would be so much easier to fix if I could get logcat to work though, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Ok I think it's not working because my computer thinks it's some generic mass storage device right after I leave the recovery menu. So How do I fix that then?

StickFigs fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 26, 2011

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Stunt Rock posted:

I've been running Warm, and yeah, it's a bit ... green. Dude must've really liked the Matrix. Other than the color it is indeed pretty decent. It's less green now with the 1.0 release (well, the release release, I guess, it's the all-the-bugs-worked-out version of 2.3) -- he put the Sense lockring back to normal grey (it was the only difficult-to-change hideous thing in the betas, as far as I can tell), and you can change the color of everything else (notification bar icons, overscroll flash, etc.) in menus. I recommend at least trying it for a few days, because why the hell not? If you weren't into experimentation you'd have got an iPhone, right?

blargle posted:

Fresh is the best evo 3d ROM right now, I've used them all.
Does it have CRT animations when turning the screen on and off? That's the most important thing. Well, maybe not the most important, but it can't be the best without them.

Edit: installing Fresh right now.

Edit: no CRT animations, I'm disappointed but too lazy to switch back.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 26, 2011

gucci mangosteen
Feb 26, 2007

StickFigs posted:

I wiped my dalvik cache in an attempt to fix the "Insufficient Space" error when trying to install a game from the Android Market and when I rebooted now my phone is stuck at the Cyanogenmod 7 boot screen with the circling arrow and it just keeps circling.

I have a Samsung Captivate and I'm running the latest stable release of Cyanogenmod 7.

I tried rebooting the phone and running 'adb logcat' but it just says "- waiting for device -" and when it gets to the boot loop it just sits there like before and logcat just sits there waiting for the device.

I made a nandroid backup of the phone and then tried restoring to a much earlier backup and the phone boots okay but I don't want to lose all my data since the last time I backed up was a while ago.

So I tried doing an advanced restore and restored just the /data/ of my bootloop backup and the boot loop comes back, so I'm assuming that the problem has something to do with the /data/ folder.

It would be so much easier to fix if I could get logcat to work though, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Ok I think it's not working because my computer thinks it's some generic mass storage device right after I leave the recovery menu. So How do I fix that then?

How long have you let it sit at the CM7 logo? If you clear the Dalvik cache the phone will rebuild it after a reboot, which can take a while to do.

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."

gucci mangosteen posted:

How long have you let it sit at the CM7 logo? If you clear the Dalvik cache the phone will rebuild it after a reboot, which can take a while to do.

Like 20+ minutes. I googled the time it should take and most people said it shouldn't take more than like 15 minutes.

I'm also afraid to let it sit any longer because I don't want to burn out the screen or something else bad.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vaporware posted:

I just spent pretty much all day screwing up my phone trying to get A2SD working. I give up, I'll just buy a phone with more space at some point. We had some good times, N1.

If I have to read one more poorly written walkthrough to make an android phone work the way its should, it will be all too soon.

Why can't they cover cases like "A2SD installed, but it helpfully moved every loving app to the SD before turning A2SD on, now I don't have SU or the market to debug WTF happened."
I've done a lot of a2sd, I'll be happy to walk you through it. It's not difficult at all but it is intimidating. Are you on CM7 or not?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

S2E weirdness
I'm guessing you cleared data for stuff without it working (although the thing that's having the issue is the thing that clears data so I'm guessing that won't work).

I'd run a Titanium backup and nandroid just to be sure (don't forget to include the EXT if you're on Amon-Ra) then I'd wipe data/cache/dalvik and reflash CM7/GApps. Then I'd login to Google, download Titanium and S2E and set up S2E. After that's done I'd restore all apps+data. I think that should do it.

If you're really paranoid you could back up your SD card to your PC first but I don't think you'll need to gently caress with the SD card or EXT.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
OK my phone has been acting weird for a while. I have a Samsung Vibrant, running CyanogenMod 7. Now when I have freshly done a wipe, the thing runs like a dream. Menus open and close with no problem, no delays or anything when opening the dialer or gallery. I can't say how many apps I have on my phone, but usually when I load about 35-40 different apps, my phone basically becomes almost unusable.

I will press the dialer button and the phone will take 10-12 seconds to open up, the gallery app takes maybe 30 seconds to pull all the pictures up, or some of the pictures don't even load at all. Just horrible lag all around. But as soon as I wipe and reboot everything is smooth as silk again. I wonder if it is the amount of apps or maybe a certain app I am running that is messing things up.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Regarding N1, memory, and the like: I downloaded a pack from XDA that installed S2E, Link2SD, and did some other tweaks like turned down the threshold for a memory alert message.

I set S2E to automatically handle dalvik-cache, and every time I install an app from the Market I have to go through the steps of opening Link2SD and moving it manually. It handles upgrades automatically. It's some extra loving around when you add a new app, but some apps don't work or behave well on SD so it's worth it.

It's actually caused a sort of a slight problem now in that I want to stop using my N1 because it's old and beaten up and a little slow at times, but it does everything I need it for now (it couldn't before because of memory) so I really don't have any reason to upgrade for anything less than ICS.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

LastInLine posted:

I've done a lot of a2sd, I'll be happy to walk you through it. It's not difficult at all but it is intimidating. Are you on CM7 or not?

Yeah, I'm on CM7. I'm starting to think my original partition thru clockwork was screwed up. I tried amon-ra, reformatted my SD card, then re-partitioned it, but then I ended up stuck at the X logo. Not even a bootloop. So I restored, reinstalled clockwork, repartitioned and got everything working again. Transferring 18gigs back to the SD card was an annoying 1 hour wait, hopefully that won't be needed again.

I also decided that darktremor beta 4 was probably an issue, since it hasn't been updated since january. I couldn't figure out where info in XDA's 250 page thread regarding the disappearing apps/FC when installing anything, so I didn't bother. I just installed S2E and went to bed.

Everything is peachy today. That is until I blow out my SD card propping this phone up.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vaporware posted:

Yeah, I'm on CM7. I'm starting to think my original partition thru clockwork was screwed up. I tried amon-ra, reformatted my SD card, then re-partitioned it, but then I ended up stuck at the X logo. Not even a bootloop. So I restored, reinstalled clockwork, repartitioned and got everything working again. Transferring 18gigs back to the SD card was an annoying 1 hour wait, hopefully that won't be needed again.

I also decided that darktremor beta 4 was probably an issue, since it hasn't been updated since january. I couldn't figure out where info in XDA's 250 page thread regarding the disappearing apps/FC when installing anything, so I didn't bother. I just installed S2E and went to bed.

Everything is peachy today. That is until I blow out my SD card propping this phone up.
That's pretty much exactly what I was going to tell you to do. Just get a working EXT3 partition, install S2E, move Dalvik and call it a day.

I'd highly recommend using Amon Ra when dealing with EXT partitions. I've had more than one time where CWR couldn't restore a nandroid when an EXT partition was involved whereas Amon Ra has been rock solid.

Craptacular! posted:

Regarding N1, memory, and the like: I downloaded a pack from XDA that installed S2E, Link2SD, and did some other tweaks like turned down the threshold for a memory alert message.

I set S2E to automatically handle dalvik-cache, and every time I install an app from the Market I have to go through the steps of opening Link2SD and moving it manually. It handles upgrades automatically. It's some extra loving around when you add a new app, but some apps don't work or behave well on SD so it's worth it.
This is ridiculous. I've never come across any reason to not want to have all the apps on SD.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 26, 2011

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Just curious, what do people with phones that don't have an Achilles-like deficiency of memory do? Do they use Froyo a2sd, or do they just download and install and run and not bother with SD at all like the iPhone people do?

I know the latter is what the Nexus S/Galaxy aim for with their big MPT partition and lack of SD slots.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Craptacular! posted:

Just curious, what do people with phones that don't have an Achilles-like deficiency of memory do? Do they use Froyo a2sd, or do they just download and install and run and not bother with SD at all like the iPhone people do?

I know the latter is what the Nexus S/Galaxy aim for with their big MPT partition and lack of SD slots.

I think I was somewhere around the 200 app mark (mostly games) before my phone started bitching about space. Moved a few of the bigger (30+ megs) apps to the SD and it shut up. So yeah, the official A2SD but not much of it. I don't think I've uninstalled anything since buying the phone.

TMOUS Sensation. Edit - Also this:

Shanakin posted:

Basically we don't think about it.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 26, 2011

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Craptacular! posted:

Just install and forget, unless you have a stupid amount of apps or mere lots of really big wifi download apps. Then froyo is normally sufficient. Basically we don't think about it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I finally got around to trying Fresh on my 3D, but can't figure out how to customize it much. There's an app for mods, but I could only see two, and couldn't find any of the skins the author mentioned in the change log (although that could be because I'm not using rosie).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

hooah posted:

(although that could be because I'm not using rosie).

That's probably it.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Craptacular! posted:

Even my wife's SGS Captivate never complains about space, never starts lagging mysteriously due to low available cache memory (uh, after rooting and CM7 that is, different story on stock, but I'm talking in terms of hardware). In fact, even the GPS seems to be working on her replacement after a broken screen.

I'm pretty jealous of multitouch (seriously, gently caress the digitizer on the N1), big screens, and memory. New phones are looking mighty sweet right now, but the non-removable battery and no SD slot really turn me off after what I went through with A2SD, and really any botched ROM experience. No SD card seems painful unless there is a good USB chip in there. I was only getting 2.23MB/sec transferring in USB mode, while I get 6+ using the cheap MicroSD adapter.

Then again, maybe ICS won't need to be ROMed to be usable? If it just works the way I like it, I may not need to mess with ROMs. I survived on stock with the N1 until I started losing data when I had to factory reset. It's the reason I don't bother rooting my kindle fire. It does what it needs to, and things like switching keyboards are only an annoyance when you're using it for books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Vaporware posted:

Then again, maybe ICS won't need to be ROMed to be usable? If it just works the way I like it, I may not need to mess with ROMs. I survived on stock with the N1 until I started losing data when I had to factory reset. It's the reason I don't bother rooting my kindle fire. It does what it needs to, and things like switching keyboards are only an annoyance when you're using it for books.

To be honest, I think custom ROM's are less necessary now than they were in the early days of Android.