Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halifax
May 22, 2006

Technology Equals Might Want to Loot Instead
Nap Ghost
I've just caught up to this thread, and wanted to thank you guys for killing my boring 10-hour workdays.

I've wanted to get into Nerdist and UYD for a while, but every time I try to listen to it, one or two people come through at a decent level, but the rest of the people talking are super quiet, and if I turn it up loud enough to hear the quieter people, then the second Chris Hardwick laughs or something, my eardrums get blown out through my anus. Is there any way to fix this, or is it something you guys just put up with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If anyone was waiting for the latest Monday Morning Podcast and didn't see it coming through on their feeds, it looks like Bill Burr has a new site redesign and is now using libsyn for his hosting.

Here's the new feed: http://billburr.libsyn.com/rss

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
The most recent Jordan Jesse Go with Twofer from 30 Rock was enjoyably loopy. It helped that the guest seemed to really be enjoying himself. Great episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

NotWearingPants posted:

If anyone was waiting for the latest Monday Morning Podcast and didn't see it coming through on their feeds, it looks like Bill Burr has a new site redesign and is now using libsyn for his hosting.

Here's the new feed: http://billburr.libsyn.com/rss

Thanks for this! He probably mentioned it on Twitter somewhere before today, but I have a hard time keeping up with anybody.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

So, this is happening according to Harris Wittels.

Recording new Analyze Phish tomorrow with @scottaukerman and @mradamscott. Just the jams. Gonna crunch out for surely, my brawgs!

And James Adomian is on the newest Sklar Bro country which hopefully means he popped in and did CBB while he was there.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Adomian just did a 2 hour podcast with Todd Glass, and it is amazing if you can work with the chaos of Glass's format.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Social media is fun: https://twitter.com/#!/earwolf/status/138878094411960320

RIP Cyberthug Radio

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Every time I check this thread I dream of reading about a new episode of You Look Nice Today, but I'm consistently disappointed. Oh well, I got plenty of JJGO! To last me for a while.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I can't count the number of times I've cycled through You Look Nice Today. It's to the point where I can mouth along.

Do mp3s wear out like video tapes?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
I'm filling a bit of that YLNT hole with Roderick on the Line. I don't listen to any of Merlin's other (productivity? I have no idea what that guy does for a living) podcasts, but the meandering discussions with John are always great.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Maarak posted:

Social media is fun: https://twitter.com/#!/earwolf/status/138878094411960320

RIP Cyberthug Radio

Jeff Ulrich is such a whiny little bitch you think he'd have his own podcast about things that anger him

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

indigi posted:

Jeff Ulrich is such a whiny little bitch you think he'd have his own podcast about things that anger him

I listened to the Wolf Den once but Jeff started talking about podcast monetization and sponsorship, and one of his ideas he had for CBB was to make Would You Rather segments about their sponsors. The example he gave was that they'd do WYR scenarios about Bud Light.

He was serious

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Flamazot posted:

I listened to the Wolf Den once but Jeff started talking about podcast monetization and sponsorship, and one of his ideas he had for CBB was to make Would You Rather segments about their sponsors. The example he gave was that they'd do WYR scenarios about Bud Light.

He was serious

And wasn't the whole Cyberthug debacle centered around how Ulrich wanted to make them sign some kind of restrictive and/or greedy contract?

Plus, he's 50% to blame for Totally Laime getting on Earwolf instead of Little Dum Dum Club.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Wasn't there a blog post about Cyberthug Radio and a contract which would have made Stan Lee blush? Things like Earwolf claiming a piece of any future profits off the IP.
fake e: The aforesaid blog post. "they wanted to keep the overwhelming majority of the advertising revenue that would be generated and have control over any projects that could have spun off from the podcast ... when our lawyers gave them a counter proposal that would have made us equal partners in our ad revenue (after agreeing to let them recoup their initial cost/overhead first) they became uninterested & told us they wouldn't be able to go forward"
real e:fb
e2: grammar

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 22, 2011

Fake Green Dress
Jan 31, 2007
Hello all, I host Actually Happening, a panel game comedy podcast with a focus on history and current events. Want to know why Thomas Edison killed an elephant? Curious what paper-thin hobos have to do with Silvio Berlusconi joining the Rockettes? We can help! We just released our extended Thanksgiving special, and it's a solid episode and a great place to start if you're new to us.

Actually Happening | iTunes link

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Fake Green Dress posted:

Hello all, I host Actually Happening, a panel game comedy podcast with a focus on history and current events. Want to know why Thomas Edison killed an elephant? Curious what paper-thin hobos have to do with Silvio Berlusconi joining the Rockettes? We can help! We just released our extended Thanksgiving special, and it's a solid episode and a great place to start if you're new to us.

Actually Happening | iTunes link

Just have to say I've been listening to your podcast for a few months now and I really enjoy it. I also am a huge fan of shows like QI, so if anyone wants a comparison, think useless knowledge that's not useless at all panel show.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I wholeheartedly endorse Actually Happening.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So it turns out this weeks Thrilling Adventure Hour is mislabled and it's actually Beyond Belief with Frank and Sadie Doyale not Capt. Laserbeam.

Fake Green Dress
Jan 31, 2007

ilysespieces posted:

Just have to say I've been listening to your podcast for a few months now and I really enjoy it. I also am a huge fan of shows like QI, so if anyone wants a comparison, think useless knowledge that's not useless at all panel show.

Song For The Deaf posted:

I wholeheartedly endorse Actually Happening.

Thanks guys! I shall pass your kind words along to the rest of the AH crew.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

FitFortDanga posted:

And wasn't the whole Cyberthug debacle centered around how Ulrich wanted to make them sign some kind of restrictive and/or greedy contract?

Plus, he's 50% to blame for Totally Laime getting on Earwolf instead of Little Dum Dum Club.
I really like Totally Laime, but they were already getting the same guests as any Earwolf show.
The network did not need to become even more insular.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

FitFortDanga posted:

Not to mention Jerry Minor (Cyber Thug) continues to perform for UCB sets like ASSSSSCAT! and CBB, there must not be hard feelings between Aukerman and Minor...

That only leaves one person, really.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ulrich used to be Minor's agent or manager, I forget which. Then once he started the network he asked them to do a podcast for Earwolf and poo poo happened. I'm only angry at them cause Cyberthug was shaping up to be the greatest podcast ever and we only got two episodes :(

Miles Archer Never Forget :patriot:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

CommunistMojo posted:

So it turns out this weeks Thrilling Adventure Hour is mislabled and it's actually Beyond Belief with Frank and Sadie Doyale not Capt. Laserbeam.

Featuring Janet Varney, Dave Foley and Bruce McCulloch :aaa:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I have such a crush on Janet Varney :swoon:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

indigi posted:

Ulrich used to be Minor's agent or manager, I forget which. Then once he started the network he asked them to do a podcast for Earwolf and poo poo happened. I'm only angry at them cause Cyberthug was shaping up to be the greatest podcast ever and we only got two episodes :(

Miles Archer Never Forget :patriot:

I re-acquired the two CTR podcasts recently and they're still awesome as all gently caress. I got hooked on them on CDR, and CTR was going to be the best... and then the 3rd episode never came out. :smith:

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I did a guest spot on this podcast and they just posted it.

Terrible Friends Podcast episode 110

If you ever wanted to hear me ramble and tell embarrassing stories about my life now is your chance! It was a fun time. I hope that comes through!

Also put up a new episode of Lou Reads

Lou Reads from I Got Stiffed - a blog of waiters and waitresses complaining 100% Gross Fetish Free Episode!

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'llz.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Anybody else listening to the new Earwolf podcast hosted by Matt Besser, improv4humans? Only three eps so far, but I listened to them and I think they're great.

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Anybody else listening to the new Earwolf podcast hosted by Matt Besser, improv4humans? Only three eps so far, but I listened to them and I think they're great.

I like it a lot, and I'd second that recommendation, just as long as you go into it expecting some improv-rear end improv. Me, I happen to love improv comedy so I'm digging it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I'm not a big fan of that brand of improv, but there's been at least one segment each episode that I really enjoyed.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been enjoying it but man I find it hard to listen to Matt Besser sometimes. He's just so low energy or something. (I do think he's funny though)

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 26, 2011

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like the podcast, but audio-only improv is really missing something. I'm not sure if you could make up for it by adding in sound effects and ambiance in post, but I doubt it, and they probably know better than to try. So much humor in long-form improv comes from space work, setting the scene, gestures and body language - the overall physicality of the improvisers - that just can't be replaced. There are definitely funny bits in improv4humans, but it's absolutely nothing like seeing these ASSSSCAT!-level performers live. If you get a chance to do that, make sure you do, cause it's fantastic.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
the Pardcast-A-Thon is going on now! http://pardcast.com/

Amy Poehler was just on, and did a great job.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The first two guests are gonna be hard to beat.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I don't know what Jon Hamm is on, but I'd like some.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Alcohol of some sort. He was like that in 09 and this June when I saw him on Doug Loves Movies. So loving hilarious and handsome. I hope he didn't drive himself to the theater.

Also I want to marry Janet Varney so much

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

King Lou posted:

Also put up a new episode of Lou Reads

Lou Reads from I Got Stiffed - a blog of waiters and waitresses complaining 100% Gross Fetish Free Episode!

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'llz.

King Lou, you made the black friday retail shift better for me just by having that up and giving me something to listen to on my way to the store. Thanks for that.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

soupcan58 posted:

King Lou, you made the black friday retail shift better for me just by having that up and giving me something to listen to on my way to the store. Thanks for that.

Hooray! Glad you found solace in the racial tipping profile discussion. Some people complained it was too boring. I mean, it can't all be fetlife, can it?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Wtf? no WTF thread?

Penn really gets into the libertarian propaganda in the latest WTF but I didn't find it as annoying as I thought I would. It would have been nice if Maron could have challenged him a little more though, specifically I thought it odd that someone who professes to be such a fan of Zinn's People's History of the United States didn't think to ask Penn why the magical libertarian charity world never manifested itself before the advent of labor laws.

But Penn is pretty likable even when doing his political schtick.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Patrice has died. I find it odd that given the amount of podcasts I go through there was maybe one mention of his stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

Bunk Rogers posted:

Patrice has died. I find it odd that given the amount of podcasts I go through there was maybe one mention of his stroke.

Yea the only place I read about his stroke was in this forum and I just read that he is dead. What the poo poo. RIP.

• Locked thread