Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
Learned how to make couscous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I met my girlfriends mother, and I successfully drove home from college for the second time. Now bring on the Thanksgiving.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
My Totino's Pizza Rolls 40 pack had 41 rolls inside (no I didn't eat them all at once) :toot:

Rather Tonic
Apr 28, 2008
Everyone at work was in a super good mood today, even though it was crazy busy. We made a thankfulness poster with some nice hand-turkeys, and I got a whole bunch in tips! I work at a great place, with great people.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Today I saw the dwarf who lives in my building at the grocery store, riding around in a shopping cart under a pile of cereal boxes and instant ramen.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
The deaf girl in class today was a little congested and kept trying to clear her throat. She sounded like a dog choking on a fork.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I got my old and awful tattoo covered with a beautiful one. Strapless tops can be worn again!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I found out that my old bike still works, sort of. It's got problems with the gear system, but it's usable! I also went shopping at midnight with some friends I haven't seen in a year or two, and it was a great time, because I also got a bike lock for my bike.

The Bad Touch
Oct 22, 2010

Space and time can not protect you.
Scored all of my christmas shopping on black friday and bought a new snowboard with the savings.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A random goon in TFF gifted me a copy of Skyrim through Steam this afternoon :buddy:

Then my GF and I went to Best Buy at midnight and I got an Asus Transformer tablet (that's she paying for as my Christmas and birthday presents) :buddy:

Also ran into one of my really good friends while there :buddy:

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Oh Hell No posted:

Today I saw the dwarf who lives in my building at the grocery store, riding around in a shopping cart under a pile of cereal boxes and instant ramen.

This story just made my day awesome.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
I had my turkey leg. L)

rds
Nov 28, 2004
I woke up with next to no pain in my back, the first time since surgery. :toot: That's put me into a great mood, but even better will be this evening when I get my 2nd Thanksgiving with my friends that just got back into town.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
It's a really nice day, so this morning I rode my bike to the beach and explored some wooded cove areas.
I also found a wrecked boat. It was full of crabs.

Just poured a 7&7 and getting ready to BBQ. :cheers:

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Been having a pretty crummy time of it lately, but then I went to see The Muppets and could not stop smiling for at least an hour afterwards. And a trip to the Walgreens before the film reminded me that, hey, the Christmas season started. I love Christmas!

And mere minutes ago I was handed a warm cookie.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Today I went back to college and I rode my bike around for an hour. Going downhill was fun, going uphill taught me how much I need to work on my leg strength. Overall though, a very nice workout.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
It's my birthday today and for the first time in years I'm not actually depressed about that :) I can't even remember the last time I felt this way, but for a change, life is going really great. I'm spending the day with my amazing best friend, after having a really nice Thanksgiving with family, and tomorrow I go to my job, which I love, where I get to hang out with great co-workers. I also got some amazing birthday gifts.

I could get used to this.

Oh, and the NBA lockout is over so I might actually get to see a Kings game this year :woop:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'm five months north of 2827 (apparently I'm now old enough to occasionally forget what exactly my age is) and for basically the first time in my life I don't have to worry about money. I paid my dentist today to the tune of ~$500, bought about $250 worth of things online, and my checking account is still sitting just shy of $2800. And my paycheck on Thursday is going to be around $2000. :feelsgood:

Also I've been down in west Texas for the better part of the last two months for work(which is why I'm so flush with cash right now), and it finally looks like I'm back home for good (at least for a while). I had to leave my dog with my dad while I was gone and it owns so hard to have him back.

Noctone has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Nov 28, 2011

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
First time really posting on a forum in a few months! Don't post on my usual forum no more, I'm really loving it here. I didn't realize how much I missed writing about complete crap! This feels good :dance:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
weed feels good

CrazedLlama
May 9, 2005

Wagh?!
Last night I got drunk, danced and made out with a gorgeous acquaintance of mine who is within my larger circle of friends. Maybe something more will come of our drunken night, maybe not. Either way I'm getting over this break-up from a few weeks ago pretty quickly.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
Through sheer luck and coincidence I found an awesome apartment with a balcony and a bathtub (I'm a student, these are big deals to me) with crazy cheap rent. I've never had an apartment all to myself, I'm so excited!

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
It's been almost 24 hours since I've had a cigarette.

HiredGun
Sep 3, 2004

Obesity loves company
We signed the offer and acceptance to purchase an accounting firm. I definitely feel awesome, but it's also a little daunting and scary!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Two of the things I bought last weekend arrived today! I'm not using either of them but it was exciting to open the boxes.

Children of the Corn is streaming on Netflix and I'm going to watch it.

Danny Bro Pty Ltd
Sep 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
My deadlift slippers, socks, hanging ab sling and squatting hand wraps came in today. Also, my state passed a law recongising civil unions.

All in all, a pretty good day for progress!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Bought my first smartphone today!:woop:

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

My rare earth magnets arrived yesterday and I've been sticking things to other things with them all afternoon. Yes, I'm a huge nerd who derives pleasure from the stupidest things.

Edit: My Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap also arrived and it's pretty awesome.

Elector_Nerdlingen has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Dec 1, 2011

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Today is pay day! :dance:

Plus, I had to give a presentation at work for the first time yesterday afternoon and I had been nervous for the past week. I absolutely rocked it and now it's the end of the week already.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Today I woke up at 9:55. My first class is at 10:15, and if it hadn't been for my bike, I would've missed my test. Thank you bike.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Today is my Friday because tomorrow the rest of my stuff is being delivered. And I still have 2 1/2 more days to burn before the end of the year because I can only carry over 40 hours.

I'm going out for happy hour with a really awesome friend of mine that I don't get to hang out with enough.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
My buddies wife found his secret stash of alcohol. Her dad was an alcoholic so she won't allow any booze in the house, and she made him get rid of it. I come home to a box by my front door containing 11 bottles of liquor, and only 3 were opened. And it now 5pm.

seafood28
Nov 14, 2007
I got 97.5% on my Archeology mid term.

Duper
Nov 20, 2008

by T. Mascis
I look as good today as I did yesterday, which was also a great day because I looked awesome.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
I went and saw my dad today in the hospital, after his quadruple bypass two days ago. His biggest complaint was having to pee in a cup and hospital food. I am more happy that he can complain about those things than anything right now.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm having the most intense end of semester so far. I have one of my best friends graduation tomorrow, my best friend's on Saturday, and also my first official roller derby bout. Also tons of projects.

And my interiew with a very important company went great. It is a life changing decision, but I think I'm ready to take it.

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'
I finished all but one of my five final projects one weekend early. If I can finish the fifth one today, I am totally posting again.

Congrats to Sweet As Sin :krad:

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
Day 3 of no smoking!

The Stupid Hat
May 6, 2007
Just here to lurk
My wife went out to help a friend who just had a surgery, so I stayed at home with my 10-month-old daughter today. We had an incredible day, just her and dad. Breakfast at a diner, story time, a long nap, a game of cars. Maybe I'm job hunting and worried about the future, but today was a nice break to just leave the world outside the door and spend quality time with my little girl. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

The Stupid Hat posted:

My wife went out to help a friend who just had a surgery, so I stayed at home with my 10-month-old daughter today. We had an incredible day, just her and dad. Breakfast at a diner, story time, a long nap, a game of cars. Maybe I'm job hunting and worried about the future, but today was a nice break to just leave the world outside the door and spend quality time with my little girl. :unsmith:

This is the most :3: post ever. Especially "a game of cars."