Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
No black players in Liverpool?

I mean, they have suarez and glen johnson, but is like we'd only have anderson and rafael and we don't.
are they racist or is just a coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Paperhouse posted:

No black players in Liverpool?

I mean, they have suarez and glen johnson, but is like we'd only have anderson and rafael and we don't.
are they racist or is just a coincidence?

"british jobs for british workers" - Kenny Dalglish, minutes after spending £35,012,000 on Andy Carroll and sending his scouts out to the continent to find some racisms

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

quote:

Football’ll be on soon and won’t have deal with all the high and mighty talking bollocks about racism. When you see real racism i can assure you all this childish he said, she said nonsense will be seen as just what it is loving waste of time.
Ferdinand’s case is the worst. You get called a “black oval office” . and the whole country is up in arms. All he had to do was hit back with “white oval office” end of story. After all Terry is “white” and most importantly is a oval office

quote:

Its nice to see our cousins from the poorer end of the Mersey wweighing in with their knowledge of the legal system. Something that is almost genetic now with you lot. As with my genetics there is an inbread fear of spiders and snakes, your inbreading has alowed you to understand legal jargon better than the copper that arrests you. I always wondered why more scousers didnt join the police force, with your knowledge and legal cunning we’d all be safe Im sure.
Have you ever heard of “Where theres smoke theres fire”. In this case its in regards to what Suarez has illegedly said not any knowledge that I have of you setting fire to derelict houses on John Lennons Mum Road and the time you set fire to a cat on Ringo Drive.

Whether or not Suarez is innocent or guilty you have to admit what a donkey faced over paid twonk that buck faced Cilla impersonator he really is mate, dont yeh eh! eh! eh dont yeha ! eh! dont yeah do! eh ! eh! dont you do! eh !

quote:

Official Liverpool FC Statement:

Evra is a black bastard

Evra is a black friend of the family

Evra is a lying oval office

Liverpool FC fully stand by Luis Suarez and condemn Patrice Evra

Further we like to notify our intentions to Manchester United by the hand of five

GoatinaUnitedShirt posted:

As always the goat will take a differing view, not because its the view he holds, thats private but rather to put the cat among the pidgeons and to talk. Talk is cheap talk is orange!???
How can Suarez be done for racist abuse towards Evra when hes a roody poo himself or is that only relative to who said what. Did the FA punish Suarez for language that would not be fitting in this day and age for a WHITE person to say and not taking into account that Suarez is a wog himself and then only addressing a “brother”? Is this course of action by the FA racist for not taking into account the possible brotherly love that excists between two brothers or NIGGAS as they effectionately call each other the cheerful MoFo’s.
Isn’t it a case of the pot calling the kettle black, well perhaps not in my kitchen because the black kettle and the black pot were made redundant and now I have a white plastic kettle and a shiny new big titted pot on my stove. I was thinking of getting an electric oven but I still like to SPADE COAL into the furnace, some habbits die hard!!

8raz fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 18, 2011

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
dont yeh eh! eh! eh dont yeha ! eh! dont yeah do! eh ! eh! dont you do! eh !

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

"british jobs for british workers" - Kenny Dalglish, minutes after spending £35,012,000 on Andy Carroll and sending his scouts out to the continent to find some racisms

lmao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
i think you mean dogleash

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

quote:

Ironically...

…as a late-comer to the footy universe, I especially felt this wrath this summer when visiting the Bridge for the first time. Walking into a pub in the area, wearing my Chelsea jersey (emblazoned with Frank Lampard’s name and number) I was met very warmly, but a handful of old-timers recoiled when they heard my accent (which, fyi, is VERY Canadian). I was shocked, and asked why they would act that way around a fellow Blues supporter…

They told me they don’t appreciate bandwagonners, especially if they aren’t English.

I was shocked. As a person of Anglo-Saxon descent, I had never experienced this adversity, but as a proud Chelsea supporter since 2002 I was infuriated. Anyhow, I outdueled him with my extensive knowledge of Frank Lampard information, and was thus (reluctantly) accepted into the “approved” category. Truly, these fans are a disease on the body of the sport.

From another member of that same Chelsea board...

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I outdueled him with my extensive knowledge of Frank Lampard information.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

trem_two posted:

that completely owns and I want a giant one on my wall

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

BunnyX posted:

that completely owns and I want a giant one on my wall

Here's the full hi-res version if you want to try to have it screenprinted.

http://i.imgur.com/n4VfI.jpg

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

trem_two posted:

You have brought this forum a wonderful gift. The post you have quoted, the image, everything. Thankyou. I feel quite emotional.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

trem_two posted:

I think there are going to be a lot of orders for these from people participating in the Secret Santa.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I've done some additional sleuthing and unearthed his Frank collection

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I wish I had an arsenal of Lampard facts to prove that I'm a True Blue just like Frank

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

I wish I had an arsenal of Lampard facts to prove that I'm a True Blue just like Frank

Shouldn't it be a chelsea of Lampard facts?

The Gunge
Aug 20, 2011

trem_two posted:

I've done some additional sleuthing and unearthed his Frank collection

Is it me or are these just photoshops using some kind of filter or a bunch of airbrushing?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Gunge posted:

Is it me or are these just photoshops using some kind of filter or a bunch of airbrushing?

It's just you.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

In response to Bulgaria having fines levied against them for chanting about killing black people during the Euro qualifying match versus England:

quote:

If a fan tells a ref he is blind and needs glasses, is that racism? What about telling him he has a shiny head due to the lack of hair, so what if you sing chants against someone for the colour of their skin, or their ethnic origin shouldn't be treated any different. I'm sick and tired of this world employing political rules rather than common sense or moral correctness.

Bulgaria sucks (lived there for a year yo)

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

quote:

lay off da manager it aint his fault, da players we had on da pitch shud be capable of beating liverscum:) keep da manager but we need radical changes!! i wud sign gary cahill,thiago silva, shweinsteiger, gotze, navas, and higuin!! get rid of malouda droggs kallueless mikel anelka alex frerera!! we all knew in da summer that wot we bought wasnt enough!! we was all hoping on da last day of da transfer window thinking we was gonna sign a top attackin player and we ended up wiv a liverpool reject!! he aint bad but not wot we needed!! now its all ova da news were gonna be in for check toite from newcastle anuva holdin mid!!!wtf!! were obsessed with this possition!! WHY??!!we play shite! then we go out da followin week play da same formation and same result!! no gutts from da players seems like no1 was realy tryin!! terry was shite!! he seems so heavy and flat foot now and looks though his age is catchin up fast!!!!! lamps was lost!! da only players that played wiv gutts and played quite well was ivanovic and luiz! ashley cole too looks slow and cant run like he used too!!! we wont do any thing to radical in jan prob just wait til da last day and sign anuva waiste of space!! da radical chages will cum in da summer ....WE HOPE!!

http://www.chelseafcforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=136232#p136232

lmao

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

In response to Bulgaria having fines levied against them for chanting about killing black people during the Euro qualifying match versus England:

Bulgaria sucks (lived there for a year yo)

Christ where is this from?

c0burn, loving hell, Britain's youth :ughh:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
To be fair though there was one gem in there: I haven't hear Kalouless before and it made me laugh.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Highest rated comment on the guardian's match report after Utd-Benfica

quote:

FrankyValley

22 November 2011 10:00PM

As the final whistle blew to end the 2011 CL campaign Manchester United's owners chose to ignore the fact that their team had made it to the final courtesy of the most ridiculously easy route ever enjoyed in the history of the tournament - and the fact that once there they had been subjected to the most humiliating battering ever handed out to an English team in a European final. Their blindness then led them to decide to endow the "greatest manager in the galaxy" with over £50 million to buy new players for the coming season.

6 months later, with the £50 spunked on dross that nearly makes the Bebe deal look good, they are in serious danger of failing to get out of a qualifying group containing the second best team in Portugal and a Swiss mob assembled for less than the cost of your average hair transplant.

Glazers!!!!!!!!! Wake up to the fact that your manager is an incompetent, useless, tactically naive moron before it is too late and he leaves your once proud club as he found it i.e. mid-table mediocre shite completely out of their depth in European competition - it hurts me to see the total disintegration of a once great club

:stare:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

PirateBob posted:

Highly inaccurate comment. Benfica is the best team in Portugal. :colbert:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PirateBob posted:

Haha reading that I was thinking "Why has he shared this, ok there's some hyperbole but hardly the wo-" *last paragraph* "-OHHH"

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
when are they ever going to let it go

quote:

@SamNasri19
Samir Nasri Official
@Persie_Official. Congrat for the win and 2 goals bro
10 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

MikeKerr14 Mike Kerr
@
@SamNasri19 its a shame u hosed off to man city u money grabbing oval office

CCOPE8 Charlie Cope
@
@SamNasri19 Don't talk to our players #mug
9 hours ago

JordanBear18 Jordan Bear
@
@SamNasri19 @Persie_Official Congrats for loving us off for a bigger wage packet and for not getting in the last 16 of the CL haha!!
9 hours ago

markolloydo Mark Lloyd
@
@SamNasri19 its a shame you'll be out of the champions league and were top seeded last 16 #judas #moneygrabber
9 hours ago

GoonerAadam Gooner Aadam
@
@SamNasri19 stfu $amir. We're happier without your opinions on #TheArsenal you oval office.
9 hours ago

BKingsmill Billy Kingsmill
@
@SamNasri19 You don't deserve to be tweeting van Persie, gently caress off.
9 hours ago

byron91_byzo byron hennessy
@
@SamNasri19 gently caress off Nasri, how's the bench treating ya?
9 hours ago

chopper6 tom cornell
@
@SamNasri19 gently caress off u greedy oval office
9 hours ago

MichaelWebb8 Michael Webb
@
@SamNasri19 look what your missing out on! #Champions league #Arsenal #Europa for City!
9 hours ago

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ian Wright had a little twitter meltdown yesterday after a guy said he was poo poo, that was a bit funny tbh.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

$amir

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
i'm the Billy Kingsmill in that post

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

euroboy posted:

Ian Wright had a little twitter meltdown yesterday after a guy said he was poo poo, that was a bit funny tbh.

JoeMcClennan10 posted:

@LucasLeiva87 ur the worst player to ever wear a lfc shirt. Ive considerd not supporting the club when i see u trott onto the pitch

LucasLeiva87 posted:

@JoeMcClennan10 and you have got the worst photo on twitter hahahah

Guy changed his pic too though to be fair it is pretty bad

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
wilshire's at it as well lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I love how people think its acceptable to give footballers abuse on twitter then kick off when they get some back

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
For you to mention a current RED with ugly names as if you are a Mancx it makes me wonder. You have no idea how much you hurt fellow Reds by sayind 'Candy Parroll'. Its your opinion mate but you lost my vote.

LaneAveElite
Oct 31, 2010
This John lad makes some interesting points and I would like to subscribe to his newsletter.

Posted by john 9 hours, 5 minutes ago

gently caress off you german twat! we will have the last laugh when real madrid lift the champions league! "we're bayern frickin munich" where the gently caress was bayern last year??! europa league???? the great bayern in the euro b cup HAHAHAHA german football is poo poo!!! Remember these words THE BLUEMOON IS RISING!!!

Posted by john 8 hours, 34 minutes ago

Listen here sausage sucker i have some facts for you. bayern finished 3rd in your league witch is poor for the great bayern munich. you last won the champions league in 2001 with AGAIN is very poor for a club like the great bayern munich. when bayern get knocked out of champions league witch will happen sooner rather that later. make sure you rub the egg of your face!!

Posted by John 8 hours, 4 minutes ago

I hope you bring your first team cause we're gonna batter ya. Maybe we are being condescending because you Munich fans are doing what you do best sitting on your perch thinking your the best when you haven't won the for 9years, an to be fair you league form is shite.

Posted by John 6 hours, 21 minutes ago

Yeah raffael mate I'm a city fan you silly oval office! I just think real Madrid will win the champions league this year with mourinho in charge. An Chris you can't possible think city can fight side by side with Madrid an barca! It's city 1st year in UCL. Next year will be the year
Posted by Maciej 6 hours, 16 minutes ago

Posted by John 6 hours, 11 minutes ago

@CiTyBlUe gently caress off you oval office. It's not that city wasn't good enough to get into Europe, city have never had any financial investment and we have been in the best league in the world (FACT) for years and now we have the money that we never had before we will take Europe by storm in the next few years! Watch your sausage munchen back you German nob

Posted by john 5 hours, 48 minutes ago

Blah blah blah yeah some arabs did buy us so fuckin what. i wouldnt say city are behind bayern cause you play in a poo poo league where bayern are the only decent team. you dont play teams like wigan stoke bolton spurs scrappy team who take points off you. not to mention arsenal chelsea liverpool the scum (united). bayern is poo poo your league is poo poo your country is poo poo end of mate

Harvey Wine Time
May 15, 2011

by angerbeet
this will be the first and last contribution from the lrb. there is much to admire in a good ramble

Short Cuts
John Lanchester

Quantity changes quality, Hegel thought. It’s an observation which proves true in many different contexts, and one of them involves football. I know that I’m far from alone in finding the game much less compelling than I used to, and when I ask myself why, the answer involves two different kinds of quantity. One, there’s so much more of it, on television and everywhere else. The Premiership in particular has become an oppressive, oppressing monoculture and the whole idea of being a fan has been reified, commodified, and then marketed back to the supporter-as-consumer. Everyone now expects sharp annual hikes in ticket prices and annual changes of replica shirts to fleece fans with children. Those ticket prices are high: a season ticket to Chelsea costs an average of £870. As for where the revenue goes, the answer is: straight to the players. That makes football, indeed professional sport in general, a model for workers’ power; there isn’t another business in the world where so much of the revenue goes straight to the primary producers.

Unfortunately, in the case of football, the results are loathsome to behold, and that’s another way in which quantity has changed quality. I find I just can’t get interested in what happens to people who are paid £100,000 a week. Sport is a form of drama, and a key part of the drama is that what you’re watching is real. This is particularly true for television. Most forms of TV entertainment are packaged, managed, mediated; but within the obvious artificialities of whatever game you’re watching, what is happening in a sporting contest is the most real thing you’ll ever see on TV. What’s happening to the players is genuinely happening, right now, in real time, with real consequences. But if they’re on a hundred grand a week, just how real are those consequences? Answer: not very. These kids know that for them, the normal rules don’t apply. They can do what they like, and nothing really matters. If nothing really matters, why are we watching?

A spectacular example of this was the recent behaviour of the best-paid player in the Premiership, Carlos Tevez of Manchester City. In 2008 the underperforming club was bought from Thaksin Shinawatra, the former Thai prime minister, by Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi. Now City are trying to buy their way to a major trophy and Tevez, an Argentinian striker, is part of the masterplan: he is paid £250,000 a week. (Actually, it’s a little more complicated than that, as David Conn has been jaw-droppingly reporting in the Guardian. Tevez’s ‘economic rights’ apparently belong to an overseas investment company whose ultimate ownership is opaque, and is being disputed in court by post-Soviet oligarchs.) What you get for your quarter of a million quid is a brilliant footballer who is also a piece of work. He has fallen out with his manager, Roberto Mancini, and been agitating for a transfer, with his dissatisfaction taking the form of a public stroppiness, but not manifesting itself as an unwillingness on the field – until now. Against Bayern Munich in the Champions’ League, Tevez was on the substitutes’ bench. With half an hour of the game left, Mancini told him to go on. Tevez seemed to refuse: an unprecedented thing even among very spoiled footballers. He later claimed that he hadn’t done so, and that the whole kerfuffle was based on a linguistic misunderstanding – a claim which caused the hashtag ‘tevezexcuses’ to trend on Twitter.

Tevez’s actions were pretty much universally reviled by Man City fans, which was interesting. He had previously had a good deal of sympathy, since he works hard on the pitch, and the club do much better when he plays – and also, Mancini isn’t loved. Tevez’s open wish to leave the club was acceptable, but his apparent refusal to play wasn’t. Footballers can get away with a lot but not with everything. There are strong codes of behaviour in sport, rules which aren’t written down but which exert just as much influence on what players do as the rules that actually are. Spoiled, petulant and deceitful behaviour is all fine in football, up to a point – a point Tevez evidently passed.

These unwritten rules are one of the most interesting things in sport. They vary between sports, and they vary both off and on the pitch. There are many things that referees punish but that fans are content with, as long as it’s their own team’s player doing them. One of the noticeable things about football is that the unwritten rules permit a great deal not just of cheating – tripping, fouling, handballing etc – but of ‘simulation’. There are a rich variety of techniques employed, but in essence, what happens is that players routinely fall over while pretending to have been fouled.

Theatrical variations on the fall are widespread and often feature what a hilarious paper in the Journal of Nonverbal Behaviour calls ‘the archer’s bow’: the player exaggeratedly flings his arms, leg and head back, up and out, as he falls to the ground. (In a real fall, the arms instinctively move down and out to protect the body.) The player will then spend some time writhing in simulated agony. He hopes, at a minimum, that the ref will award a foul, but the ideal outcome is that his opponent will be booked or even, in the best of all possible worlds, sent off. If that happens, the hardest of all the diver’s skills is called for: keeping a straight face. This behaviour is loathed by opposing fans, but tends to be quietly approved of by supporters of the diver’s team.

This form of cheating, endemic in international football, is another of the reasons I’ve fallen out of love with the game. It’s in contrast to the forms of cheating you get in rugby, which are much in evidence at the moment thanks to the World Cup, currently taking place in New Zealand. At the time of writing, England (grindingly) and Ireland (exhilaratingly) have just got through to the quarter-finals (other teams got through too, I’m just mentioning the ones I support). Players cheat all the time in rugby, mainly by putting body parts on the ball to slow down the speed with which opponents get hold of it. This is an acknowledged and entirely honourable part of the game.

A murkier area was uncovered by a mini-scandal involving the England team. It turned out that when it was time to take a conversion, they tried to get a preferred ball to their kicker, Jonny Wilkinson, rather than using the ball with which the try had been scored – which is what the rules specify. Is that cheating? Well, barely. Apparently some of the balls behave differently once they have been ‘kicked in’ and are no longer stiff with newness. Two of England’s support staff were suspended for the ball-switch, which to me doesn’t seem so much cheating as an embarrassingly public form of magical thinking. What rugby players almost never do is fake injury to get opponents into trouble, as happens all the time in football. It’s against the code. I like that about rugby. I notice that it also doesn’t happen in the sports Americans watch: none of them has an equivalent of football’s ‘simulation’. American spectator sports all involve a ritualised idea of maleness which would be violated by that particular type of cheating.

The other great thing about the Rugby World Cup has been one of the best sport-related tabloid scandals for some years. Several England players went to a bar in a hard-partying place called Queenstown, where extreme sports fans go to blow off steam after – for instance – taking part in the world’s longest bungee jump: 134 metres, or 440 feet. (Who does that for fun?) Anyway, the bar was having a ‘mad midget weekender’ featuring a dwarf-throwing competition – though apparently the dwarfs aren’t thrown so much as slid across the floor; it would be more accurate to call the activity ‘dwarf-curling’. The players got hammered, and one of them went outside for what looked like a brief canoodle with an ample-figured blonde. Why is this news? Because the player was the England captain, Mike Tindall, who a few weeks before had married Zara Phillips, Princess Anne’s daughter and 13th in line to the throne. As several commentators observed, it’s hard for the tabloids to go wrong with a story which features the following terms: mystery blonde, World Cup, breasts, royal family, England rugby captain, drunk, dwarf-throwing. An employee from the bar posted CCTV footage of the clinch on the internet – and has gone on trial for doing so. By the time the next Rugby World Cup comes around, in England in four years’ time, the scrutiny of the players will be so intense that this kind of thing will happen behind closed doors, as it currently does in football, so this may be one of the last public meltdowns of its kind. The England manager, Martin Johnson, struck a magnificently lordly note in dismissing the subject: ‘Rugby player drinks beer, shocker.’ A good line, almost as good as the observation V.S. Naipaul once made to his biographer, that Zara Phillips has ‘a criminal face’. I’d pay good money to hear his uncensored view of Carlos Tevez.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

I would like to add another guy has lost his life today. Another soldier has been killed in Afghanistan. It's so sad and tragic that Gary speed has gone and I still can't.get my.head around it but equally as an ex squaddie myself a young soldier gas lost his life. The famous footballer is headline news , the young soldier is small news probably a few lines in tomorrow paper might mention his name

quote:

Sickening thing is that Gary Speed got applause by 20,000 people and a load of celebrities coming out to say how great he was. He chose to die.

The soldier was protecting more than 20,000 people; much more. He will have no-one famous saying how great he was. He chose to protect, and died.

I find it absolutely appalling how Gary Speed's death is being reported. "He was found hanged; no one will know what happened". This is utter crap. "He committed suicide. No-one has any idea why." The media is painting this just like they would a heart attack or a fatal accident. No-one is reporting on it and asking hard questions. I find it troubling.

quote:

If you read in the paper one unnamed solider (or named but you have no idea who he is) has died, and then turn over to find someone famous who you liked died, which are you going to be more upset about?" ...... The soldier killed for me. I can relate to the soldier far more than I can Gary speed. I've worn the same uniform as the soldier and I too have been on operations and lost brothers serving. I love and watch football and I can see from the outside Gary speed was a decent man. but I've never idolised the man. he never played for city or England. A normal guy that is killed serving his country deserves EQUAL respect on the same day a likable ex footballer dies. its just a bit more of a shock to you because you have seen him play and seen him on the t.v and its like , bloody hell Gary speed is dead? I'm shocked, so sad. where as the soldier you have never heard of. your right he did sign up and knew the risks but no,one signs up to go to war, obviously they know there is,a chance it may happen. Our forces are at war but because its not happening in our country its not always massive news. Esp as so many have fallen in afghan and its been going on some time now people like you think oh well thats another one gone. Then turn the paper over.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I might be cynical, but I can't really feel bad for people who choose to fight in a silly war and manage to get killed in the process. I feel for their families though.

Also, they way he/she/they are talking about Gary Speed is pretty pathetic.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Xabi posted:

I might be cynical, but I can't really feel bad for people who choose to fight in a silly war and manage to get killed in the process.

The vast majority will be there due to a combination of economic hardship and propaganda.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug

frederic38 posted:

just to remind you: today is liverpool-manchester city!
one of the most important matches of the season!
manchester city is in danger, they can't afford to lose this match (they have financial problems, they are close to being eliminated in champions league very early in the competition)

liverpool have a wonderfull stadium and great suporters, the match will be pleasant to watch

so it's manchester city's multicultural group of black bodybuilders (with balotelli, the most annoying and over rated black player on the planet) versus the whitest team in premier league!
it won't be easy, but good luck to liverpool!

it will be at 17h (european time)

the teams:
1 black for liverpool (glen johnson, who plays at an un-mediatised place, right back)
manchester city:
4 blacks in defence, yaya toure as defensive middlefielder= 5 blacks
1 arab (nasri)
also it's relatively unimportant but silva the spanish is part japanese

balotelli doesn't play (that means that the match is really important for manchester city)

frederic38 posted:

like players that look like me, players i can identify with
so obviously i don't like non white players
and i also don't like whites like ribery, traitors ect

so i would only admire a non white player because of his skills
this excludes the africans, and european blacks, because none of them is skilled

then, there are the brazilians and other south americans
they have the best players, some of them are non whites
for example ronaldinho, hulk , ronaldo ect

ronaldo was the most talented player, and i respect that
but now we have pato

i enjoy to see hulk playing, because i like soccer, and hulk plays very well

but in the future, i would like soccer to be reserved to white people, like it used to be

:negative:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Bad Arsenal fans posts incoming:

quote:

The Well-endowed Wegster NOVEMBER 24, 2011 AT 11:26 AM
I think we’re about to see the best of the Arsenal in the coming weeks and months. Arsenal are a desert flower about to bloom into a fully-grown wildebeast in the midst on the Kalahari Desert. When that wildebeast finally meets a jackal disguised as a sheep, then will we find out if your wildebeast is really a flower or a tiger.

Let’s ride this beast until it breaks down!

Robin van Persie, we are with you!

quote:

Wenger says that Gervinho should not worry about his lack of goals, and should start worrying about the African Cup of Nations. We will lose Gervinho for two months while the African shenanigans are going on. And who put them up to this?????

I believe Arsenal should protest against the African Cup of Nations and let them know they cannot keep taking our players to play for their nations, especially if they’re important players like Gervinho!!!!!!!

Frankly, I am appalled at the intransigence of these sub-Saharan whelps who believe that they can waltz in and pluck the very flowers which adorn Wenger’s head like a virginal Polynesian princess’ floral tiara!!!!! If they are taking Gervinho today, who next? van Persie? Wilshere? Alex Song?????

I think there should be a fight between the Arsenal boys and the Ivory Coast over young Gervinho. I’d love to see Ivan Gazidis and Silent Stan stand toe-to-toe in a 9 round dust=up against whoever the Ivorian FA can muster. I think Silent Stan is a bit of a scrapper who’d knuckle-dust the jaws of those Ivorian administrators, and Gazidis is dirty enough to kick them in their endowments when they’re prostrate on the floor.

If Silent Stan and Gruesome Gazidis are formidable enough, we might even challenge the Holland FA for the rights to van Persie’s knees, or the English FA for the rights of Wilshire’s ankles. I think Silent Stan and Gruesome Gazidis who very quickly be world champions of football administration street-fighting – and that one trophy I’d like to see at the Arsenal!

quote:

Munitionsman NOVEMBER 25, 2011 AT 3:59 AM
The thrashing by Manure and the painful departure of cesc and nasri have actually been the best things that have happened to us in 5 years. Those events have woken AW from his daydream. With the youth project dream now officially smashed, with AW admitting as much. With the paucity of our squad exposed so brutally and the folly of youth shown for what it is, AW has revitilised the squad. Not with kids, not with super stars, but with intelligent committed footballers. First time in ages where our team is not an extract from the lower afro-french menu. The afro-french we had playing was deservedly present and though I have been one of Song’s critics he has been consistently delivering in our revival. He certainly seems to be benefiting from arteta, rambo, santos, TV and PM around him. And compared to diaby, eboue, squilacci and almunia who wouldnt? Diaby remains the only liability of that genre and he must surely be on his last chance. I sincerley hope he can get a chance to be the player he looked like before that thug smashed his foot.
One thing that really cemented my view that AW has woken up was the unchanged line-up last night. In the past AW would have fielded a lesser team, lost, and then had to play Barca. Last night he bought the chance to play a second string outfit in Greece with no penalty. Sound management from a manager who is rediscovering some humility, practicality and respect.

Wenger nowhere near as out as before

Munitionsman NOVEMBER 25, 2011 AT 4:07 AM
Sorry forgot gervinho was afro-french!! I like the lad. He is a bit like theo in that he is so quick his brain cant keep pace with his feet. Theo and Gerv do give us genuine pace and width. AA23 cant get a look in and I suspect will be off soon.

Arsenal: an extract from the lower afro-french menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The vast majority will be there due to a combination of economic hardship and propaganda.
Valid point. I was hungry and a bit angry when I made that post.