Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

NitroSpazzz posted:

:words:
Skyrim is pretty evil awesome. I picked it up the Saturday Friday it came out because I was sick on vacation for Veteran's Day and wanted to lay around playing video games I saw Monster w/21 Faces was playing it on Steam Friday Morning. Seriously. gently caress that guy. I now have three two characters and didn't sleep much at all last week. That being said it is a great game world simulator other than some bugs.

Other than that...

Creepy presents are the best presents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
I'm so god drat glad none of my computers will run Skyrim and I have a moral objection to playing an Elder Scrolls game on a console. Morrowind stole most of my first two years of college from me.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Jabs posted:

Skyrim is pretty evil awesome. I picked it up the Saturday Friday it came out because I was sick on vacation for Veteran's Day and wanted to lay around playing video games I saw Monster w/21 Faces was playing it on Steam Friday Morning. Seriously. gently caress that guy. I now have three two characters and didn't sleep much at all last week. That being said it is a great game world simulator other than some bugs.

This is now the official Skyrim thread for Cycle Asylum. Please no posting about bikes for the next month.

Only issue I have with it is that it would better if they completed the job of getting rid of all the Elder Scrolls sandboxiness (generic objects, NPCs etc) and did more of the awesome storytelling. But that's just me.

Jabs posted:

Creepy presents are the best presents.

Z3n, one bend-over-boyfriend starter kit (slightly used) is on its way to you. I hope it will bring you many years of joy!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I've been avoiding Skyrim for the obvious reason.

Then one of my dick friends linked me this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIQLZsB5nfU

Maybe I'll just run around in the world a little. :allears:

Also I need to weld up my racing chair setup after I did a crazy and bought a Fanatec wheel setup. :downs:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Playing Skyrim for eight hours straight isn't normal. But in Skyrim it is.

Skyrim. Not even once.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I have so many potions. So, so many potions.

PS. I'm probably buying a new graphics card.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My friend lent me his 24" widescreen and I'm rocking the 560Ti with 8 gigs of ram on ultra and this game is loving gorgeous.

Uh, I mean, :gay:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I ended up buying a 560Ti and upgrading to 8 gigs of memory as well, but intended to use it for BF3. I've already put way more time into Skyrim, and I've only had it for a week.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
My dual card radeon 4850 setup is handling the game quiet well considering i'm on a 3 year old i7 machine.

Probably time for a new computer when summer rolls around.

Skyrim is ridiculously amazing, i've cleared a bunch of dungeons but I know theres still tons more to do. It's pretty awesome taking over forts with fellow imperials.

I wish they'd just made potions and soulgems weigh nothing because they take up so much drat space, I end up putting them in my house chest only to run into some nasty frost dragon and I don't have frost resist potions on me....

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

infraboy posted:

It's pretty awesome taking over forts with fellow imperials.

IMPERIAL RUNNING DOG SWINE OPPRESSOR OF NORDS! MAY DRAGON BONES EXCEED YOUR CARRY LIMIT! TASTE MY GENERIC EBONY AXE (EXQUISITE)!!!

:hist101:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Z3n is missing out on ~all~ the fun

*fast travel to a location*

*dragon kills a horse i have for no reason, for no reason*

*picks up blue mountain flower*

*is encumbered*

This game... :negative:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

"Dragon kills horse for no reason, I am encumbered by blue mountain flower". That sounds exactly like the bearish investment advice I just got from a Chinese broker.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Xovaan posted:

Z3n is missing out on ~all~ the fun

*fast travel to a location*

*dragon kills a horse i have for no reason, for no reason*

*picks up blue mountain flower*

*is encumbered*

This game... :negative:

My horse is a dragon killer. :stare:

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

Z3n posted:

I've been avoiding Skyrim for the obvious reason.

Then one of my dick friends linked me this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIQLZsB5nfU

Maybe I'll just run around in the world a little. :allears:

Also I need to weld up my racing chair setup after I did a crazy and bought a Fanatec wheel setup. :downs:

I prefer this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQB4wkmKOv8

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
Don't click the videos... Don't click the videos...

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

pr0zac posted:

Don't click the videos... Don't click the videos...

Crap those are awesome videos...

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea they put so much work into weather effects, it's awesome.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm just telling myself that my laptop cant run Skyrim. Even if it can, I dont want to know.

I just know it will suck my life away over the winter.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Goddamn I'm about to order this on amazon. However I only have a 09 macbook pro with win7 dualboot. It does have the fancier nvidia card and 4gb of memory. It handled fallout 3 ok, will it handle this?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Probably! It actually scales pretty well. Just have to put everything low.

I can't walk two feet without getting some ridiculously epic fully voice-acted quest line. I have like 40 incomplete quests because every time I head to a quest marker it adds two more. :argh:

My bike will never have its stock headlight wired back in and Pilot Road 3's put on at this rate. :smith:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
I have Skyrim for xbox. It rules.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

GanjamonII posted:

Goddamn I'm about to order this on amazon. However I only have a 09 macbook pro with win7 dualboot. It does have the fancier nvidia card and 4gb of memory. It handled fallout 3 ok, will it handle this?

It's not actually a resource hog as far as I can tell and seems to be similar to Fallout 3 in that respect. Certainly my system isn't exceptional (mediocre by goon standards I'm guessing) and it runs fine at a fairly high detail level.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Saga posted:

It's not actually a resource hog as far as I can tell and seems to be similar to Fallout 3 in that respect. Certainly my system isn't exceptional (mediocre by goon standards I'm guessing) and it runs fine at a fairly high detail level.

I wouldn't really compare this to Fallout 3 because I've only crashed to desktop a total of twice and I have over 40 hours played. :D

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, it's slightly more stable, not that Fallout was that bad (on my system). Plus, the autosave works better than Fallout, so if you do CTD you usually have a save that's about 5 minutes old.

With Fallout I did occasionally lose big chunks with the odd out of the blue crash because I had been playing for an hour without saving.

However, I have found myself stuck in arcane enchanters and scenery, which is the sort of thing that never happened in Fallout.

Z3n, have you got your copy yet?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Saga posted:

Z3n, have you got your copy yet?

Yeah Z3n, what's up with that?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

He hasn't posted so obviously yes. Sometimes I forger we're on SA and nerds as well as being biek fags. :3:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

SA is the only forum that fills this niche, too. Liking cars and games doesn't leave you much room for social interaction. The auto guys are too butch and the nerds are too cretinous. :ohdear:

I need to somehow get a hold of a multimeter so I can pin out my headlight wiring and install a brighter front end. But I also need to finish the Thieves Guild quest line so I can restore order and honor to the underworld of Riften. :argh:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

This would be a great alt text on the CA icon:

Xovaan posted:

I need to somehow get a hold of a multimeter so I can pin out my headlight wiring and install a brighter front end. But I also need to finish the Thieves Guild quest line so I can restore order and honor to the underworld of Riften. :argh:

edit: we don't have one :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Spiffness posted:

He hasn't posted so obviously yes. Sometimes I forger we're on SA and nerds as well as being biek fags. :3:

This is probably my favorite thing about SA.

Anyways, I'm up in the Bay with the wife for the weekend so I've got the SW:TOR beta downloading so me and her can see if we want to play that when it comes out. I'm thinking i'll gamefly skyrim.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

You're in the Bay Area? Nice! If you aren't busy, feel free to stop by Santa Cruz on the way back down and we can get a drink or something. :)

(I'll be having soda though because I'm beered-out since my roommate has an unlimited supply of homebrew

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Xovaan posted:

You're in the Bay Area? Nice! If you aren't busy, feel free to stop by Santa Cruz on the way back down and we can get a drink or something. :)

(I'll be having soda though because I'm beered-out since my roommate has an unlimited supply of homebrew

Funny I'm in the same situation right now, all beered out on homebrew.

I might have time to swing down through Santa Cruz but I drove up this weekend so it's unlikely. Still feeling a little under the weather. Maybe next time I come through, or otherwise when I'm back up in the bay.

Apparently I'm in wave 2 of the SW:TOR testing, so it looks like I'll be in tomorrow morning :sigh:

Also who'd you piss off in E/N? :v:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Z3n posted:

Funny I'm in the same situation right now, all beered out on homebrew.

I might have time to swing down through Santa Cruz but I drove up this weekend so it's unlikely. Still feeling a little under the weather. Maybe next time I come through, or otherwise when I'm back up in the bay.

Apparently I'm in wave 2 of the SW:TOR testing, so it looks like I'll be in tomorrow morning :sigh:

Also who'd you piss off in E/N? :v:

I made a joke to a nice trans person who messaged me on OkCupid and (s)he thought it was loving funny and Plom Bear got all uppity because apparently everything I joke about is okay as long as it's not about the ~gender-furry fandom~. Also my trans friend down south in San Diego saw his old profile and says I shouldn't take poo poo from somebody who looks like Bobby Hill in a sun dress. :xd:

Goons, man. Goons.

edit: and to clarify, "privilege" is a buzzword for somebody who is "non-trans". :rolleyes:

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 26, 2011

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Enjoy (or not!).

:effort:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Hahahaha gently caress yes. I thought somebody deleted my posts in another thread because I refreshed and all the massive pink was gone. :)

What does the pink say though?

Also you need a custom title now. I'll draw something for you!

I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY SAGA

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 26, 2011

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Xovaan posted:

What does the pink say though?

You're rockin' a Team Ola! avatar

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Team Ola, like the man said.

I figured what better way to piss off a Nord-wegian than putting his name over a Swedish tank. :devil:

Awesome picture BTW. I'm not sure precisely what's going on or if it's legal, but I like it.

e: In Skyrim related news, which is after all the subject of this thread, I'm loving the front page "Skyrim classifieds" article.

Saga fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 30, 2011

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
I failed and bought Skyrim and only slept 4 hours last night. I'm playing a sneak mage. Its pretty great.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
My friend just got an xbox and asked what games she should get. I said skyrim. Im worried she will fail her finals.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

pr0zac posted:

I failed and bought Skyrim and only slept 4 hours last night. I'm playing a sneak mage. Its pretty great.

I rerolled a sneaker and its so much more fun than being a tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

BlueBayou posted:

My friend just got an xbox and asked what games she should get. I said skyrim. Im worried she will fail her finals.

Don't do it! Playing Elder Scrolls games on an XBox is just wrong. Bethesda games are always buggy as hell and the PC mod community does a ton of stuff to improve them greatly.

redscare posted:

I rerolled a sneaker and its so much more fun than being a tank

I managed to cheese my Illusion skill up to 50 in a night and get the Silent Spell perk by constantly casting muffle when walking through towns. Silently casting fireballs from stealth is hilarious.

(Sigtrap should rename this thread "Z3n's Project and Skyrim Character Builds Discussion Thread...")

pr0zac fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 1, 2011

• Locked thread