Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

But you do know nothing. That's plain as day.

Mental delusions are an issue with people in this thread, yes.

Also...

It is NOT known!

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Azure_Horizon posted:

Mental delusions are an issue with people in this thread, yes.

It's so vain to make this thread all about you, Azure_Horizon.

Bonesnap
Oct 9, 2007
So what the hell was with Melisandre's "you know nothing, Jon Snow"? He ended the chapter on it like it was some huge reveal and then never brought it up again. It seemed like they were trying to make some Melisandre/Ygritte connection, but Jon Snow never finds it odd that this witch he just met is spouting off his dead gilfriend's catchphrase.

Or is it just a stupid "words are wind mine nuncle" situation? If so why only have one other person say it and put it at the very end of a chapter like it's a Big Deal?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Because ADWD is a terrible book.

You can answer most questions about it with that.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Melisandre is Ygritte? Both were associated with red and Ygritte probably loved pushing demons out her vagina, they must be the same person. It makes sense really.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

IRQ posted:

Because ADWD is a terrible book.

You can answer most questions about it with that.

I gave up hope for the next book when I saw the Monty Python reference in ADWD

Bonesnap posted:

So what the hell was with Melisandre's "you know nothing, Jon Snow"? He ended the chapter on it like it was some huge reveal and then never brought it up again. It seemed like they were trying to make some Melisandre/Ygritte connection, but Jon Snow never finds it odd that this witch he just met is spouting off his dead gilfriend's catchphrase.

Or is it just a stupid "words are wind mine nuncle" situation? If so why only have one other person say it and put it at the very end of a chapter like it's a Big Deal?

Here's what you're supposed to take away from that: Melisandre knows more about Jon than he thinks. WOAOOOOOOAOAAOOOAH

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

IRQ posted:

It's so vain to make this thread all about you, Azure_Horizon.

But it is. It really is.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Only five weeks until George maybe starts writing the next book.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
You know painting, Van Gogh.

(iamsosorry)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ross posted:

Only five weeks until George maybe starts writing the next book.

Let me guess, is that 1 day after the super bowl?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Azure_Horizon posted:

But it is. It really is.

I've never understood the form of trolling where you simply post terrible contrary opinions in a humorless manor. For every person that gets that you're trolling and thinks it's funny, 100 others think you're serious and probably semi-retarded. What is it that you think you're gaining by tricking us into thinking you're mentally disabled?

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

IRQ posted:

Let me guess, is that 1 day after the super bowl?

Superbowl is usually beginning of Feb. He just said that he wasn't going to be writing at all this year because of how busy he is.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I've never understood the form of trolling where you simply post terrible contrary opinions in a humorless manor. For every person that gets that you're trolling and thinks it's funny, 100 others think you're serious and probably semi-retarded. What is it that you think you're gaining by tricking us into thinking you're mentally disabled?

I think the core issue here is where liking AFFC/ADWD = being mentally disabled. I find amusement that those two are so easily linked in here. For that matter, I consider this whole thread to be trolling when it isn't actually discussing ADWD.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 24, 2011

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I like the fact that people think trolling is anything other than completely retarded.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

smarion2 posted:

Superbowl is usually beginning of Feb. He just said that he wasn't going to be writing at all this year because of how busy he is.

Oh but certainly you wouldn't expect Gurm to write during football season!

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

Everyone knows he's trolling, it's just that he's also probably semi-retarded so it's kind of amusing to watch him try so hard to be funny.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Give azure_horizon a break, guys. Would you criticise Johnny Ramone for thinking chord progressions are stupid, that all you need are three basic chords over and over? Hell no. A_h is the same way. He's a rebel, a punk, and someday soon he'll run away and join the Ice Capades. And then he'll die. Oh yeah.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Give azure_horizon a break, guys. Would you criticise Johnny Ramone for thinking chord progressions are stupid, that all you need are three basic chords over and over? Hell no. A_h is the same way. He's a rebel, a punk, and someday soon he'll run away and join the Ice Capades. And then he'll die. Oh yeah.

I am not sure how to respond to this. It must be my destiny.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Johny Ramone didn't really join Ice Capades did he?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

No. He did die, but not because he joined the Ice Capades. He did go down to Frisco and join the SLA, however.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

Vertigus posted:

Oh yeah. gently caress that Monty Python reference. I literally rolled my eyes and put the book down with that one.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I lowered the book for a second and looked around the living room in shocked silence as if there were a bunch of people sitting there reading it with me - searching for confirmation that it was not only me that thought it was horrible and embarrassing.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I lowered the book for a second and looked around the living room in shocked silence as if there were a bunch of people sitting there reading it with me - searching for confirmation that it was not only me that thought it was horrible and embarrassing.

Seriously? Hyperbole levels are at critical level in here.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah, seriously. A fantasy novel made a Monty Python reference also I'm a gay nerd.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Two important issues:

1. What is the Monty Python reference in question? I remember reading one but forgot exactly what it was.

2. Melisandre says that to John because John really knows nothing. Rattleshirt, however knows a loving lot. Has to do with dick size.

3. We are all retarded

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

bigmcgaffney posted:

Two important issues:

1. What is the Monty Python reference in question? I remember reading one but forgot exactly what it was.

I hope to god it's "I fart in your general direction" because if there are two, I'm going to be really sad.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Can't anyone eat without grease running down their chin??

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I hope to god it's "I fart in your general direction" because if there are two, I'm going to be really sad.

I had blocked this from my mind, because now that you spelled it out, I'm remembering my reaction to it again. Sigh. Googling brings up a couple other things people think might have been Python references, but I don't really think they count (Asha saying that her battle was like fighting "shrubberies" is borderline, I guess).

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I seem to have blocked this from my memory, like a bad dream that is only half remembered.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Anyone have a lead on Black Friday deals on cyvasse?

Bonesnap posted:

I think it was just a hiccup in the random catchphrase generator gurm's Tandy runs.

Hold on. I must needs *FARTZ*

Vertigus posted:

Refresh my memory.
Was it "bring out yer dead, *CLANG*"?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 24, 2011

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Elindale posted:

I seem to have blocked this from my memory, like a bad dream that is only half remembered.

Yeah I don't remember that line at all. Thank god, I guess.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That line must have been one of the thousands that I skipped out of boredom.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Winds of Winter should have a battle between R'hllor and the drowned god Cthulhu. Simply because it would make good television. Also, both have ridiculously hard names to pronounce.

:cthulhu: "Eh-y-ya-ya-yahaah - e'yayayaaaa…"
:supaburn: "R'llorllhllerlorllorrh!
:cthulhu: "ngh'aaaaa… ngh'aaa… h'yuh… h'yuh… !"
:supaburn: "the gently caress you say? I ain't your ngh'aaaaa!"

:zombie: "what loving language are you two speaking?"
*extinguishes both of the jibberish-speakers in one cold fell swoop*

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 24, 2011

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Man if you have trouble pronouncing Cthulhu I don't think I'm allowed to know you anymore.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Khoo'loo :cthulhu:

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
kuhTHOOloo?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

neongrey posted:

Yeah I don't remember that line at all. Thank god, I guess.

I don't either. loving hell is that really in there? Am I already repressing memories of that terrible loving book?

Normy posted:

Can't anyone eat without grease running down their chin??

Write what you know, man, write what you know...

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving WildCards, everyone get ready to get your neep on

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
For Thanksgiving I'm thankful that I didn't spot the Monty Python reference.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

bigmcgaffney posted:

Happy Thanksgiving WildCards, everyone get ready to get your neep on

Thanks, Nuncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Thanksgiving? Does that mean lamprey pie for all you Americans?