Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mahoning posted:

Thanks captain safety man. I can look at a map before I leave and know where I'm going with little to no help.

Sometimes I pull the map back up at a stoplight. :ssh:

Haha nice.

Fyi I want to clarify, I might be wrong on Telenav. I just had a customer use it for free at no cost, not sure though if its a trial or not. Can anyone here with a Sprint iPhon test Telenav for a week to confirm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

PREYING MANTITS posted:

I'm moving to an area that has no Sprint coverage at all. Everything (voice, data) is roaming on Verizon at the house and immediate surroundings. Do they still end your service if 50% of your usage is roaming for 2 consecutive months?

Also, we have 4 lines and one of them won't be roaming at all as it's being used in a completely different state. Is that line going to be terminated if the other lines are? It's not the primary line so I'm assuming it would be.

Anyone have an idea about this? I'm gonna miss my Evo 3D. :(

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Anyone have an idea about this? I'm gonna miss my Evo 3D. :(
Can't one just us the Evo 3D on a Verizon account normally?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

PerniciousKnid posted:

Can't one just us the Evo 3D on a Verizon account normally?

Nope, the two CDMA carriers won't activate phones from another's network.

turtlehead
Jan 26, 2003

I lost my Epic 4g over the weekend, and am ~8 months from my 2 year upgrade. Is the best (cheapest) way to get a new android (most likely the Epic Touch) going to be using one of the Black Friday sales to open a new line of service with sprint and get the phone for $0.01, then immediately pay the $350 etf? I'm on SERO, so I don't want to just dump my current plan.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

turtlehead posted:

I lost my Epic 4g over the weekend, and am ~8 months from my 2 year upgrade. Is the best (cheapest) way to get a new android (most likely the Epic Touch) going to be using one of the Black Friday sales to open a new line of service with sprint and get the phone for $0.01, then immediately pay the $350 etf? I'm on SERO, so I don't want to just dump my current plan.
Why don't you just buy a phone off of Craigslist and wait your 8 months to do a full upgrade?

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
I didn't see this in the OP and I don't remember if I saw it mentioned before: I know the official HTC unlock for the Evo 3D will void your manufacturer warranty. I have TEP, so am I still covered there after unlocking?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

turtlehead posted:

I would personally buy something used, the 3D actually runs a good price on craigslist, and wait until glorious LTE. If you need to get someting your ETF is likely the old $200 policy, so it would really only be about $120 in ETF fees. The real question is long term what you are looking for, and i would recommend waiting for LE phones at this point.

ninmeister posted:

I didn't see this in the OP and I don't remember if I saw it mentioned before: I know the official HTC unlock for the Evo 3D will void your manufacturer warranty. I have TEP, so am I still covered there after unlocking?

Yes you are still covered.

turtlehead
Jan 26, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

I would personally buy something used, the 3D actually runs a good price on craigslist, and wait until glorious LTE. If you need to get someting your ETF is likely the old $200 policy, so it would really only be about $120 in ETF fees. The real question is long term what you are looking for, and i would recommend waiting for LE phones at this point.

Is LTE going to get to 3g levels of coverage in the next two years? I live in a relatively rural area, don't get 4g now, and don't really expect LTE too soon.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

ninmeister posted:

It only voids parts of your warranty; the hardware's still covered.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

turtlehead posted:

Just get an Evo from ebay/craigslist. It'll be like getting an early upgrade.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

turtlehead posted:

Just get this for $50 and coast on it until your upgrade kicks in.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Godzilla07 posted:

Nope, the two CDMA carriers won't activate phones from another's network.

They won't even activate phones from their own differently-branded network. InediblePenguin's VirginMobile POS phone broke, and I've got a perfectly good unused (since I upgraded to an Evo3D) Sprint Samsung Rant, but NOPE.

edit: it wouldn't be so bad if she could get another of the same $20 crap-phone (as she did before -- she's on her second little blue TNT), but now Virgin is going all-android.

WoG posted:

It only voids parts of your warranty; the hardware's still covered.
Yeah, you never hosed with the OS/bootloader before it fell out of your pocket and got run over by a truck.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 24, 2011

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

CRUISECONTROL posted:

I mostly just want ICS sooner than like a year from now. It doesn't look like the Epic or Touch have CM either, which kind of sucks.
CM for the Epic Touch is being worked on and an ICS port is in the works and should be functional next week hopefully.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Delivery McGee posted:

They won't even activate phones from their own differently-branded network. InediblePenguin's VirginMobile POS phone broke, and I've got a perfectly good unused (since I upgraded to an Evo3D) Sprint Samsung Rant, but NOPE.

edit: it wouldn't be so bad if she could get another of the same $20 crap-phone (as she did before -- she's on her second little blue TNT), but now Virgin is going all-android.

Yeah, you never hosed with the OS/bootloader before it fell out of your pocket and got run over by a truck.

Virgin still has dumbphones.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Delivery McGee posted:

HTC'S warranty only covers manufacturer's defects not damage.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Via Twitter:

toastcfh posted:

making progress! ICS running great on the Shooter and Speedy. #AgainstAllOdds

I'm really looking forward to getting ICS on my Evo 3D.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Kreeblah posted:

Via Twitter:

Ah that's so awesome.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Kreeblah posted:

Ditto, it'd be nice not to pine for my Pre anymore.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Duckman2008 posted:

Virgin still has dumbphones.
But not the cheapass one and none at local stores. She's going to try to get her dad to buy her an Android for Christmas.

I dropped my Evo3D for the first time today. The Otterbox dented the pine floorboards. I understand the Otterbox hate (It's big and clunky; I like that style, but totally understand how some people don't), but if you're clumsy and don't want to pay for Applecare/Sprint insurance, it's the tits. Mom's dropped her Otterboxed iPhone in parking lots a few times, and it's fine.

My brother was amazed at the processing power of my Evo compared to his iPhone 4s (he and mom got them together on the family plan, I went Android so I could hack it). I know the Evo3D is better than half the computers in my house, but is the iPhone that much worse?

Now an actual question for my Evo3D brothers: does it normally take for-loving-ever for Youtube to process a 3D video after it uploads, or did it break? It's been two hours since I got it to upload, and I want to show off my brother's turkey-frying.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 25, 2011

Rent
Jul 20, 2004
Steal the warm wind tired friend

Delivery McGee posted:

My brother was amazed at the processing power of my Evo compared to his iPhone 4s (he and mom got them together on the family plan, I went Android so I could hack it). I know the Evo3D is better than half the computers in my house, but is the iPhone that much worse?

Day to day use iPhone will feel much faster, despite slower hardware, It's the same thing with Windows Phone, e,g, general scrolling and such will be much faster on a 1ghz WP7, than a 1.2ghz dual core Android phone. Application launching and such is usually faster on Android, though.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Rent posted:

Day to day use iPhone will feel much faster, despite slower hardware, It's the same thing with Windows Phone, e,g, general scrolling and such will be much faster on a 1ghz WP7, than a 1.2ghz dual core Android phone. Application launching and such is usually faster on Android, though.

True. As someone who uses both the EVO 3D and the iPhone 4S, the iPhone is such a faster experience in basic day to day usage. Apple really knows how to make software to get the most out of its hardware. I am also amazed at how good the iPhone 4S camera is in low light than the EVO 3D (not sure if that is purely the camera or the software).

Still I do notice a slight advantage in app loading to the EVO 3D, but to notice I have to hold them side by side. That said 'in app' the iPhone seems to be smoother, but I think that has to do with the software not the hardware.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
What do I need to do when going abroad with a Sprint phone? I want to disable voice and data but keep wifi.. airplane mode shuts off too much, and I'm guessing disabling mobile broadband via the widget doesn't shut off enough.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!
You can put it in airplane mode and then turn on WiFi. Or go into mobile network settings and not allow international roaming for voice or data.

Kreeblah posted:

Via Twitter:

Wow, and for some reason I wasn't expecting a decent ICS port for the 3D anytime soon. I wonder how long until WiMAX and 3D are supported.

letsgoflyers81 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 25, 2011

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

Kreeblah posted:

Via Twitter:

Well, this explains what happened to his CM7 port for the Evo 3D. Looking forward to ICS. :)

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Krittick posted:

Well, this explains what happened to his CM7 port for the Evo 3D. Looking forward to ICS. :)

Hell yeah, this is much better than CM7.

dirt1981
May 6, 2006
Can anyone give me some advice with family plans?

Currently I have this plan:
Everything Data: $59.99, 500 mins, unlimited internet, GPS, text/pics, anymobile anytime

Is there a way I can add my brother and my dad to this and convert it to this plan?

Everything Data: $109.99, 1600 mins, unlimited internet, GPS, text/pics, anymobile anytime

If so, what's the easiest way to do it? If not, what are my best options?
I have about 7-8 months before the end of my current contract.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

dirt1981 posted:

Can anyone give me some advice with family plans?

Currently I have this plan:
Everything Data: $59.99, 500 mins, unlimited internet, GPS, text/pics, anymobile anytime

Is there a way I can add my brother and my dad to this and convert it to this plan?

Everything Data: $109.99, 1600 mins, unlimited internet, GPS, text/pics, anymobile anytime

If so, what's the easiest way to do it? If not, what are my best options?
I have about 7-8 months before the end of my current contract.

Assuming your dad and brother don't already have lines with Sprint, there's a link in the "My Account" section of the Sprint website labeled "Add a new phone to share minutes" which might be what you're looking for. That link should give you the option to choose the family plan.

dirt1981
May 6, 2006

SamDabbers posted:

Assuming your dad and brother don't already have lines with Sprint, there's a link in the "My Account" section of the Sprint website labeled "Add a new phone to share minutes" which might be what you're looking for. That link should give you the option to choose the family plan.

Yeah, they will be switching over from AT&T. The option they gave me is for 129.99/month, is this the best plan we can get?

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

dirt1981 posted:

Yeah, they will be switching over from AT&T. The option they gave me is for 129.99/month, is this the best plan we can get?

Since you have EPRP, you should be able to go to the EPRP family plan. Call up the SERO/EPRP customer care line (866-264-1282 - from the OP) and they should be able to switch you over.

dirt1981
May 6, 2006

SamDabbers posted:

Since you have EPRP, you should be able to go to the EPRP family plan. Call up the SERO/EPRP customer care line (866-264-1282 - from the OP) and they should be able to switch you over.

Just called the number, and they would only offer the same 129.99 plan, because I was never under the name of an actual employee apparently.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

dirt1981 posted:

Just called the number, and they would only offer the same 129.99 plan, because I was never under the name of an actual employee apparently.

Give them our good friend Chappy's info (also from the OP):

Chappy posted:

Feel free to put this info in the OP. My info for eprp is as follows :

Clinton.Chapman@sprint.com 530.

They are actually wanting us to give this info out to anyone that wants it now, so feel free to use it for anyone you want. Give it to your loving mailman if he wants eprp.

But please use mine and not that dude from the blog. They are giving prizes and stuff for people with the most referrals.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
OK...potentially stupid question:

Sprint's return policy is 14 days...yes?

I'm going to an Apple Store tomorrow, and Apple lists their return policy as 30 days.

I'm still curious and want to try out the iPhone 4S, but I like the idea of getting an extra 2 weeks to try it out...am I missing something, or is it just a better situation for me to buy it at the Apple Store?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Ozmodiar posted:

OK...potentially stupid question:

Sprint's return policy is 14 days...yes?

I'm going to an Apple Store tomorrow, and Apple lists their return policy as 30 days.

I'm still curious and want to try out the iPhone 4S, but I like the idea of getting an extra 2 weeks to try it out...am I missing something, or is it just a better situation for me to buy it at the Apple Store?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you can only buy Sprint iPhones at Sprint, not the apple store.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Grumpwagon posted:

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you can only buy Sprint iPhones at Sprint, not the apple store.

Not sure either since I got my iPhone from Best Buy. That said you can purchase them on Apple's web site.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 26, 2011

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

I really doubt Apple would let Sprint dictate something like that to them...

Plus, you can pre-order the Sprint iPhone through Apple's website...

I guess I'll find out tomorrow. If the universe wants me to get an iPhone tomorrow, then it'll happen.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ozmodiar posted:

I really doubt Apple would let Sprint dictate something like that to them...

Plus, you can pre-order the Sprint iPhone through Apple's website...

I guess I'll find out tomorrow. If the universe wants me to get an iPhone tomorrow, then it'll happen.

Apple store sells the iphone for sprint, and i would bet the guarantee is 14 days. Restocking fees are usually $35.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Are there any contract changes that Sprint is doing to jump from my contract without the ETF?

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Apple store sells the iphone for sprint, and i would bet the guarantee is 14 days. Restocking fees are usually $35.

Bought my 4S today from the Apple Store.

Activated it in the store...no hassle at all.

The guy I talked to said there is a no hassle 30 day return policy.

Also...from the Apple Website:

quote:

iPhone Return Policy

If you are not fully satisfied with your iPhone purchase, you can return your undamaged iPhone to the Apple Online Store within 30 calendar days from shipment for a full refund by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE. If you return your iPhone within 30 calendar days from shipment, you will not be charged a restocking fee. The iPhone must be returned in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation. For more details, refer to iPhone Help page.

Ozmodiar fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
I'm trying to sell this Sprint phone I got on eBay and everyone keeps asking me if it has a clean ESN. How do I find out? Do I send them some sort of code off my phone so they can check for themselves? Is it safe to send them this information?