Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

LemonLimeTime posted:

I kinda wish Capcom would release a full classic MegaMan collection on the Ds or something with MM1-10. Have 9 and 10 be portable for the first time, would be pretty awesome.

If they did this, I'd like it if they converted the graphics either to the Powered Up level, or at least the SNES MM7 level or downgrade MM7 and MM8 to 8-bit. I don't know how well that translates though.

Also, I'd kill for a Wily Wars type of game covering all the classic games. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Mr. Maltose posted:

:hfive: That and Mattrex are the names that allow X5 to be forgiven for so much.

Mattrex's intro is pretty out there. He's flapping his jaws angrily as fire shoots in a line like a titantron's fireworks display.

And then they literally flap their jaws about how virus this and virus that, I used to be in the Maverick Corp before this/I need robot DNA(?)/you look different, shut up and die.

Did all the X games past 4 have some translation problems or something? Or was a Giant Grizzly robot who is also an arms dealer, but is totally for peace their intention?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mordaedil posted:

Also, I'd kill for a Wily Wars type of game covering all the classic games. :allears:

I'd like this a lot too, but even more so if I can tackle the levels in ANY order, and keep ALL the weapons around. Everyone shall die to Metal Blades.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Fargin Icehole posted:

Did all the X games past 4 have some translation problems or something? Or was a Giant Grizzly robot who is also an arms dealer, but is totally for peace their intention?

It started at X4, and continued as the series went on. It made sense in Legends, some poo poo talking, but in the rest of the games, it's usually about some pseudo-physiological poo poo. I don't think it was ever to be made sense of.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

LemonLimeTime posted:

Yeah, here here, two is enough. Time for some SNES reboots.

I don't. I don't understand the Mega Man fan obsession of making new games that sound and look just like games that came out 20 years ago.

I really want something new but familiar in the Pacman DX CE or Space Invaders: Extreme/Infinity Gene vein.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Edoraz posted:

It started at X4, and continued as the series went on. It made sense in Legends, some poo poo talking, but in the rest of the games, it's usually about some pseudo-physiological poo poo. I don't think it was ever to be made sense of.

Yeah but the translation was at it's worst in X6. I seriously still have no idea what the plot of that game was about because the translation was so awful and I've beaten the game beforehand. It sucked so much I don't even want to replay it to find out either.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yeah but the translation was at it's worst in X6. I seriously still have no idea what the plot of that game was about because the translation was so awful and I've beaten the game beforehand. It sucked so much I don't even want to replay it to find out either.

They didn't even bother changing the voice acting for the cutscenes (so it was still in japanese)

Not to mention the awful "fight ghost zero for some reason and then you blow him up and then HEY ZERO I'M GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!" Not even an entrance or explanation for either of them. What the hell was the purple ghost zero and why did real zero suddenly blink into existence when I beat him?

fake edit: I mean yes I know the ghost zero is "the zero virus" or whatever but that doesn't excuse the poor quality of the scene

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The best part of X6's translation is "THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN!"

I'm pretty sure I misspelled part of that but it seriously is spelled that way in the game. They just didn't care.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Zeether posted:

The best part of X6's translation is "THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN!"

I'm pretty sure I misspelled part of that but it seriously is spelled that way in the game. They just didn't care.

The sad thing is, I still, to this day, think that said line, was translated perfectly. As much as I hate to say it, that fits with good old Zombie Siggy.

That, and LASORFACE Sigma made up for every bad fight in that game, for both the soundtrack, and how pumped that fight got me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/10/28/d-arts-gets-a-bit-villainous-with-vile/

We're getting a Vile. Kinda unexpected.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

TaurusOxford posted:

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/10/28/d-arts-gets-a-bit-villainous-with-vile/

We're getting a Vile. Kinda unexpected.

Yessssssss. Now just give me an X1 Sigma and the set will be complete.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yessssssss. Now just give me an X1 Sigma and the set will be complete.

This. In all the years of all the action figures lines (I'm including the model kits) nobody have ever seemed to have wanted to touch Sigma, which I always found odd. I think it's because scale wise he's much taller than the X, Zero, and Vile base. Also probably why they did a Bit model kit, but not a Byte.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That translated Megaman comic is something else.

In issue 4 we see slavery and child kidnapping then one of the guys messing with the kidnapped girls having a change of heart and turning it into his daughter(who is roll it seems), we see Megaman's head and Rush's body in the background.

Then in issue 5 is a race between some robots we've never seen and apparently Megaman and X exist in the same universe(and X is an rear end in a top hat), Roll also has a washing machine head. There's also a hilarious panel where X has a tiny stick like body but his feet are loving gigantic.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Alteisen posted:

That translated Megaman comic is something else.

In issue 4 we see slavery and child kidnapping then one of the guys messing with the kidnapped girls having a change of heart and turning it into his daughter(who is roll it seems), we see Megaman's head and Rush's body in the background.

Then in issue 5 is a race between some robots we've never seen and apparently Megaman and X exist in the same universe(and X is an rear end in a top hat), Roll also has a washing machine head. There's also a hilarious panel where X has a tiny stick like body but his feet are loving gigantic.

Is this Gigamix? You don't have a scanner by any chance do you?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
He means this Brazilian-made Mega Man comic.

If you haven't read it, do. Now. Someone earlier in the thread posted their translated version, not sure however many pages back.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Raserys posted:

He means this Brazilian-made Mega Man comic.

If you haven't read it, do. Now. Someone earlier in the thread posted their translated version, not sure however many pages back.

Oh jesus, that loving thing. I got really confused for a second.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Don't know if this has been posted but I feel like its awesome and has made me go back and start playing Mega Man X/zero again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM&feature=feedu

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

LemonLimeTime posted:

This. In all the years of all the action figures lines (I'm including the model kits) nobody have ever seemed to have wanted to touch Sigma, which I always found odd. I think it's because scale wise he's much taller than the X, Zero, and Vile base. Also probably why they did a Bit model kit, but not a Byte.

Also in Japan, they don't often make toys of the villains like they do in the US. For instance, Super Sentai (Power Rangers) rarely ever has the bad guys, and it's just the good guy mecha. I never quite got this, as no matter how cool that Megazord is, a kid is gonna want bad guys to blow up. Transformers and Gundam are the big exceptions to the rule... although Gundam doesn't really count as it doesn't so much have a toyline as it has a series of model kits.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Well the good guys show up in every episode so it makes sense to focus on them

This is a great argument for why a Sigma figure should be a thing

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Preferably a Sigma Figma :downsrim:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

RBX posted:

Don't know if this has been posted but I feel like its awesome and has made me go back and start playing Mega Man X/zero again.

That video is perfect.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Local Mega Man crazy person, Violen, has produced another set of rom hack minimalist videos, this time of Rockman: Minus Infinity. This is the same man that completed X6 with unarmored X, so it's a safe bet anything he releases is worth watching.

The videos start with this playthrough of Ring Man's stage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Schwarzwald posted:

Local Mega Man crazy person, Violen, has produced another set of rom hack minimalist videos, this time of Rockman: Minus Infinity. This is the same man that completed X6 with unarmored X, so it's a safe bet anything he releases is worth watching.

He needs to do voice commentary on his videos again, damnit. Half of what made his minimalist X4/5/6 stuff so awesome to watch was the commentary. :colbert:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kyrosiris posted:

He needs to do voice commentary on his videos again, damnit. Half of what made his minimalist X4/5/6 stuff so awesome to watch was the commentary. :colbert:

He did provide written commentary, but it can get awkward trying to follow the video while reading it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

RBX posted:

This is hilarious. Thanks.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
Is this the guy who did Metal Gear Awesome back in the day?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Retrograde posted:

Is this the guy who did Metal Gear Awesome back in the day?

Yeah, it is.

Also I thought Mega Man Forever was the romhack with the newest poo poo, but Minus Infinity looks so well done, and despite that it's chock full of references from other games like kirby and metroid, it feels right at home in this romhack.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I just got the D Arts X the other day and he is one of the best action figures I have. I would kill for a D Arts X1 Sigma and Vile.

Oh hey look at that, looks like one of your dreams is coming true:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/10/31/new_d-arts_figure_is_vile_but_not_repulsive

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Good news Megaman fans. Megaman X is in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3!!!

http://imgur.com/UMYgg

http://i.imgur.com/Ofj8A.jpg

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

TaurusOxford posted:

Good news Megaman fans. Megaman X is in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3!!!

http://imgur.com/UMYgg

http://i.imgur.com/Ofj8A.jpg

You know... that's actually not a bad way to stick him in there.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

This video series made me appreciate Minus Infinity more. The ASM hacking was always cool, but now I can better see the quality of the level design without seeing Hell Wheel break every stage. The level design had a lot more thought put into it than I thought!

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

This will probably never become a reality, but I would actually love if they made a D-Arts of High Max at some point. Despite the fact I think X6 is a pretty crappy game, I love High Max's design so much, it's completely unlike anyone else in the series.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

LemonLimeTime posted:

This will probably never become a reality, but I would actually love if they made a D-Arts of High Max at some point. Despite the fact I think X6 is a pretty crappy game, I love High Max's design so much, it's completely unlike anyone else in the series.

I'll openly agree with you there. X6 had some lovely stuff, but some of the character designs were not one of them.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Two words. Dynamo figma.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Magil of Shadow posted:

I'll openly agree with you there. X6 had some lovely stuff, but some of the character designs were not one of them.

Leave it to Capcom to make even a dungbeetle look marginally cool.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

LemonLimeTime posted:

Leave it to Capcom to make even a dungbeetle look marginally cool.

It's the eyebrows. If you have eyebrows that large then you must be cool.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

It's the eyebrows. If you have eyebrows that large then you must be cool.

Those....eyebrows!

Update: Full color pics of the D Arts Vile coming soon as well as the inevitable version 2 of Zero:

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 25, 2011

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
So remember the Mega Man cartoon? Of course. Some of you also know that it was meant to follow the game's art design until they America'd it up a bit. Well, the original pitch is finally online, and bwoashit it's pretty great.

http://www.rockmancorner.com/2011/11/original-mega-man-cartoon-pitch.html

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That pose sucks, but gently caress yeah, X2 Zero will be mine. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

That is not Brightman at all
:goonsay: