Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Hermansen posted:

Yeah, a twenty year old MR2 is much more posh and lavish in every way..

my car is an old piece of poo poo but its miles more fun to drive than a 118d I dont give a poo poo what my car looks like as long as its fun :v:
I hooned a rental 118d round for a while, those things love to understeer. I could barely tell the drat thing was rwd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I drive old beat up junky jeeps. Going to list them from heaviest to lightest because there isn't really a defined DD, I drive whatever is most functional at the moment...

The 1958 Kaiser Jeep M54A2 5-ton military surplus cargo truck. 10 wheel drive, 42 inch tires (stock), 20 thousand pounds of camouflage painted, earsplitting military destruction. If you can parallel park this you can park ANYTHING.

The day after I bought it, I drove it to my office engineering job for fun:

The hardest park (those are two foot tall boulders under the rear wheels)

The 1991 Jeep Comanche. 33" ATs, 4" lift, 4x4, 5-speed. Bought it as a bone stock 2wd auto complete with sagging springs and blown shocks.

I have a stock dark blue 1988 Jeep Comanche I'm planning on putting 4x4, a 5-speed, and a 360 V8 from a dodge 2500/3500 in, but it's pretty boring and looks like any other comanche you'd see around. Also a 1998 Jeep Cherokee that's getting a lift and 35s at some point, but again, boring.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

kastein posted:

The 1958 Kaiser Jeep M54A2 5-ton military surplus cargo truck. 10 wheel drive, 42 inch tires (stock), 20 thousand pounds of camouflage painted, earsplitting military destruction. If you can parallel park this you can park ANYTHING.

So you are using a little orange plastic traffic cone for a wheel chock for 10 tons of truck? Sweet...

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.

The Locator posted:

So you are using a little orange plastic traffic cone for a wheel chock for 10 tons of truck? Sweet...

I think it is the bottom half of a jack stand

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

Yeah it's pretty obvious that's a jack stand dude.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Yeah it's pretty obvious that's a jack stand dude.

Looked like a cone with the end sort of folded over a bit to me :)

Jack stand makes a lot more sense.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
yeah, that's the bottom half of a 6 ton jackstand from HF. It was just un-level enough that after a few seconds of sitting still in neutral with the e-brake off it would slowly roll back.

Since the e-brake perpetually loosens on this thing, and I don't like to leave it in gear (since it's mechanically injected and will happily run on anything, including its own oil leaking through turbo seals, with the electric system entirely turned off) I generally chock the wheels rather than use the e-brake or leaving it in 1st. In fact I keep a wheel chock with 10 feet of rope tied to it on hand so I can get in, start it, and keep my foot on the brake while I drag the chock up into the cab.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

Looked like a cone with the end sort of folded over a bit to me :)

Jack stand makes a lot more sense.

You're just fixated on cones because of your avatar.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Rhyno posted:

You're just fixated on cones because of your avatar.
I think he'd do better in autocross without that fixation. :v:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

I think he'd do better in autocross without that fixation. :v:

While this is true, then I wouldn't get awesome trophies like this!

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Xplosive posted:

Still loving the 6

Lookin good! Yours a 4 or 6?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Fresh wash & wax...

...right before it goes into storage until next may.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

kastein posted:

I drive old beat up junky jeeps. Going to list them from heaviest to lightest because there isn't really a defined DD, I drive whatever is most functional at the moment...

The hardest park (those are two foot tall boulders under the rear wheels)

The 1991 Jeep Comanche. 33" ATs, 4" lift, 4x4, 5-speed. Bought it as a bone stock 2wd auto complete with sagging springs and blown shocks.

I have a stock dark blue 1988 Jeep Comanche I'm planning on putting 4x4, a 5-speed, and a 360 V8 from a dodge 2500/3500 in, but it's pretty boring and looks like any other comanche you'd see around. Also a 1998 Jeep Cherokee that's getting a lift and 35s at some point, but again, boring.

While the Kaiser is beyond crazy, I so want your Commanche.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

You really don't. It's almost entirely rust from the bottoms of the doors down. My last wheeling trip buckled the frame under the bed, nearly ripped a leaf hangar off (it's only attached by one side), and collapsed the rusted out frame above the LCA mount on the driver side. The floors are horribly rusty and so is everything else. I'm currently scheming up a way to replace the entire frame with quarter inch wall box tubing and redo the floors all at the same time because I refuse to let this one die.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

kastein posted:

Is it normal that I immediately expected the owner of that Prius to freak the hell out and cry to you about committing plant genocide with your gigantic death machine?

Badass truck by the way :allears:

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

I've had two "dream cars" in my life before this one. A BMW M Coupe and a showroom-new 15k mile Volvo 240 sedan. I had to sell the BMW and Volvo because of bad timing in my life and it looks as if this will be the same thing with my '71 510. The little guy is currently at a shop being dyno tuned before I throw it on eBay.

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.
Fitted the winter wheels today. Rial rims, I like the summer ones better, but it still looks pretty nice imo.

I can't believe there's still no snow, and TEN degrees outside in Norway when its almost december.. Last year I was drowning in snow at this time.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

toaster_pastry posted:

I've had two "dream cars" in my life before this one. A BMW M Coupe and a showroom-new 15k mile Volvo 240 sedan. I had to sell the BMW and Volvo because of bad timing in my life and it looks as if this will be the same thing with my '71 510. The little guy is currently at a shop being dyno tuned before I throw it on eBay.

What part of the country are you from? How much are you looking to get?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

This RX-7 looks like it is ready to go rally racing :iiam:

edit: Oops, wrong thread... wish I owned this car
edit 2: http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/stock/1/2/1110144001098/144 Wow, they aren't that expensive. Tempted to pick up for shits and giggles.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 28, 2011

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
That 510 wagon is superbly badass.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

djfooboo posted:

This RX-7 looks like it is ready to go rally racing :iiam:

poo poo those wheels own. gently caress the mazdaspeed bumper though.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

Imperador do Brasil posted:

What part of the country are you from? How much are you looking to get?

I'm in San Francisco, CA and... I'll PM you about the $$

e.pie posted:

That 510 wagon is superbly badass.

Thanks!

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
I am interested as well and I live in San Francisco as well. If not just to trade stories... :)

My car on the left and my girlfriend's on the right.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
Will trade the 510 for your girlfriend and her car.

Also, PM me if you want to get a beer and talk cars!

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Really suprised that it is November 27th in Wisconsin and there is no snow on the ground.

But, I probably should get around to putting the winter tires on the Altima. Or just store the entire car over winter since no one obviously wants to buy it at this time.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

EvilCrayon posted:

I am interested as well and I live in San Francisco as well. If not just to trade stories... :)

My car on the left and my girlfriend's on the right.

Your girlfriend is awesome.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

After a couple years, my car is finally about where I want it in terms of looks

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

JaySB posted:

Hell yeah it is, that looks great.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

toaster_pastry posted:

Also, PM me if you want to get a beer and talk cars!

Ditto for this, I live in SOMA if you guys want to get a drink.

Nidhhogg
Feb 5, 2010

18k miles and I already need to start looking at new tires. :doh:

Nidhhogg fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 2, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nidhhogg posted:

I don't care what the haters say, that is a drat sexy looking car.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

It's not the best photo, because I took it at night with my cell phone, but it's the only photo I have at the moment, so this is my new Mazda3.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

toaster_pastry posted:

:neckbeard:

I still want one of these so badly.
They're impossibly hard to find and prohibitively expensive when I do. :(

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

JaySB posted:

sportscars are totally not my thing and that is STILL amazingly beautiful. Great work.

10000lbsofbananas
Jan 3, 2005

Not for consumption.
Wintermode

Might also be snowplow mode.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

kastein posted:

sportscars are totally not my thing and that is STILL amazingly beautiful. Great work.

Automotive Sanity: Sportscars are totally not my thing. Where'd I park my champagne Corolla?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

10000lbsofbananas posted:

Wintermode

Might also be snowplow mode.

I'm getting my wheels tomorrow and the tires next weekend! I'm so excited!

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

mearn posted:

It's not the best photo, because I took it at night with my cell phone, but it's the only photo I have at the moment, so this is my new Mazda3.

Please tell me that is the 6-speed skyactiv

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Nidhhogg posted:

unnnnggh. I want your wheels bolted to my speed6. They may be the best factory optioned wheel ever. They're insanely expensive even sold as take offs. Do the automotive future a favor and never part them from your car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

EvilCrayon posted:

Please tell me that is the 6-speed skyactiv

That is the 6-speed skyactiv.