Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
I can only hope this means we will get PipeDad and CrabDad team-ups in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

marsattacks posted:

But Crabdad is a nice guy everybody, everything will be fine.

So was it Jake who was appearifying the pumpkins from Jade's island way back when? I know that WV did too, but it seems like Jake can appearify things from the last 'verse.

Its mainly a joke about all of the previous MSPaint Adventures.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

KoB posted:

Its mainly a joke about all of the previous MSPaint Adventures.

Yeah, I know that, but also, since that's how he got the bunny, I thought it might be more.

Or it could just be a running gag.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

marsattacks posted:

Or it could just be a running gag.

Jokes are never important to the main plot.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Of course it's a continuation of the old pumpkin joke more than anything else, but specifically it's the part of the joke where we hear what happened to all of Jade's pumpkins. (And also that this is not their final resting place.)

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I just don't see it can someone hilight it or something?

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

Krinkle posted:

Here:

Of course it's giant.

What other sort of FAUNA would be living on a remote island?

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Krinkle posted:

Plus the original on the side to compare.

Edit: vvv hahah, that does make the arm a little clearer. Still, :colbert:

Jewel fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 27, 2011

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

FT posted:

Here:

Of course it's giant.

What other sort of FAUNA would be living on an island?

To make it a bit more clear, I'll shamelessly repost what someone else made:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Wow, I definitely did not catch that earlier.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I hope crabdad tries to attack Jake, and Jake paps and shooses him away.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I'd be pretty pleased if we had some old fashioned STRIFE flashes. With the clicking on something starting with A to humorous effect. Those were the highlights of acts 1-4.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I don't know if it's really a callback, but the FAUNA in the background kinda reminds me of this page.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

that's what I thought you were talking about except it would be wayyyyyy to lanky to be crabdad. Those are not anything. they're scribbled out trees.

actually you know what I'm on a laptop and when I angle the screen right and lean in I can see it. nevermind

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah, it's an giant loving monster to be sure... but crabdad isn't the first thing to spring to mind. Besides being way to huge to be crabdad, it's not got the right body structure, even if the head is a bit similar.

It's almost certainly Jake's Bec-equivalent guardian, though. Which will certainly be awesome. I hope strife flashes will be back. The Trolls didn't get them because there were way too many trolls and Hussie was in kind of a hurry at the time. With these kids we really should take the time to stop and smell the roses and do some fancy animated guardian battles.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So uhh question. Jack killed the kids universe, but the Scratch reset it. So is there a new universe frog somewhere else, or did a new one just pop right into place of the old one? And if it's the latter, is Jack just standing there wondering why he's having so much trouble getting the things he kills to stay dead? Because I would love that.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

So uhh question. Jack killed the kids universe, but the Scratch reset it. So is there a new universe frog somewhere, or did a new one just pop right into place of the old one? And if it's the latter, is Jack just standing there wondering why he's having so much trouble getting the things he kills to stay dead? Because I would love that.
We don't know, but it's possible he has destroyed this B2 universe, just in the same time period as the B1 universe. Remember Red Miles crept in to the B1 universe in the Exiles' time as Jack was killing them all. That would make the end of universe B2 about 410 or so years away from this time frame.

Maybe.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I'm thinking Jacks story has pretty much played out at this point. We have a bigger, meaner, more cerebral villain to deal with, and everything Jack was foreshadowed to do, and more, he has done with characteristic gusto and splatter. I'll genuinely be unsurprised if the next time we see Jack, he's dead at postmistresses hands and that's that for this storys secondary bad guy.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

So uhh question. Jack killed the kids universe, but the Scratch reset it. So is there a new universe frog somewhere else, or did a new one just pop right into place of the old one? And if it's the latter, is Jack just standing there wondering why he's having so much trouble getting the things he kills to stay dead? Because I would love that.

Presumably if it happened that way it would have been around the same time that PM popped in to say hi, so he probably has bigger things to worry about.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Eiba posted:

Yeah, it's an giant loving monster to be sure... but crabdad isn't the first thing to spring to mind. Besides being way to huge to be crabdad, it's not got the right body structure, even if the head is a bit similar.

It's almost certainly Jake's Bec-equivalent guardian, though. Which will certainly be awesome. I hope strife flashes will be back. The Trolls didn't get them because there were way too many trolls and Hussie was in kind of a hurry at the time. With these kids we really should take the time to stop and smell the roses and do some fancy animated guardian battles.

It's one of the monsters that live on his island. In Jake's introduction it mentioned frightening fauna and their regrettable realness attribute, and then when he was talking with Jane he said he'd rather deal with the monsters than Bro's wrestle/cuddlebot. I'd love some Strife flashes too, but sadly Dad and Jane settle their differences like adults by talking about their feelings now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jake's island and possibly other areas of the Reset Earth are inhabited with Alternian fauna, such as whatever species of crab monster Karkat's lusus was. The Lusii were pretty cool so I'm excited about this.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh god...what if crabdad is this universe's Bec?

GOOD CRAB
BEST DAD

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think it's more likely that Jake's island is populated with FAUNA similar to the troll lusii, if Jake's bedsheets are anything to go by.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Having more fearsome animals for mankind to topple on their way to becoming the apex predator of Earth would be another handy way to ensure they're more prepared for SBurb, yeah.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002834

Is that ectobiology in Jake green?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Saradiart posted:

I don't think so? The only characters linked to using ecto stuff are John, Karkat, and Mom. Of which only Mom seemed to know what was going on.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Saradiart posted:

Nope. The word ECTOBIOLOGY is #0a9500, and Jake's text is #1f9400.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

David Copperfield posted:

I don't think so? The only characters linked to using ecto stuff are John, Karkat, and Mom. Of which only Mom seemed to know what was going on.

By that page, Mom didn't have a complete grasp on the subject (to the extent the Dersites did anyways). Still impressive since I assume she did all that from scratch

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009
Well that certainly solves an essentially meaningless though longstanding mystery.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

You say that but those pumpkins are going to be key in killing Lord English.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mr. Pumroy posted:

You say that but those pumpkins are going to be key in killing Lord English.

Insane theory time: UU is from the session that the post-scratch kids' session produces, which is actually a session with only one player. She is the server and player in one. She will use the transportalizer to bring LE over to her own session, which will explode on itself destroying both her and LE together. Also the kids will do some stuff that allows this to happen.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Jake look behind you!

quote:

TG: what do you want for ur wigglin day
GT: Im not really abreast of the raddest jargon that the cool kids toss about these days.

Troll slang?

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

"TG: i am just chill as gently caress about being a pale friend to all varieties of cute and eligible as hell peeps "

They have quadrants in this universe. Sweet merciful gently caress.

Also, wiggling day.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

tinaun posted:

Jake look behind you!

Troll slang?

Yes. Also, she mentioned one of the quadrants offhand later in the same log (pale, so diamonds.)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I will never ever tire of mom-Lalonde chatlogs.

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
This update was slathered in troll references. I'm pretty sure we are supposed to glean that they live in some weird troll/humiverse or something.

Ugh, reading drunkMom is so great but I swear to god it's rubbing off on me and I can hardly type coherently.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

quote:

TG: dont you get 2 talkin to him about girl troubles ever
GT: Yeaaaah...

Is this supposed to be more subtle hinting at Bro's sexuality? Because if it is, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Jake doesn't understand what she's talking about so even odds on that being due to his isolation or just another piece of incongruent knowledge she has along with knowledge of the batterwitch.

Also I love kidMom even more and I feel really bad for her because she obviously wants to hook up with Jake but can't and he's just completely oblivious to the whole entire affair!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Roger Explosion posted:

I will never ever tire of mom-Lalonde chatlogs.

quote:

TG: all i know is shes banking on us doing this and if she needs us to do this than its got to be to make somethin loving hoorible happen
TG: * horbible
TG: * whore bible
TG: ^ bullseye

quote:

TG: ok ont this topic
TG: i am now an forever
TG: miss zupperlips
TG: * zupperlups
TG: * ziperlups
TG: sjkhfskjf
TG: * MISS ZUIPPERPIPS
TG: gently caress
I love mom-Lalonde. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Troll quadrants on Earth. My god, it's a Homestuck shipper's wet dream come true :stare: